Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sublyme
Mar 21, 2003
lol poker
Just remembered watching this as a kid and being scared shitless. It took place in a house and there was something like the Blob in that it was a substance that would swallow/envelope people, but it all took place in a house and not across the whole city like I know most of the blob films did. Really wish I could dig up more details but that's the extent of what I remember, aside from maybe the house being a lot like a mansion or at least fancier and nicer than a normal home. This is gonna be bothering me until I can figure it out and hunt down the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

sublyme posted:

Just remembered watching this as a kid and being scared shitless. It took place in a house and there was something like the Blob in that it was a substance that would swallow/envelope people, but it all took place in a house and not across the whole city like I know most of the blob films did. Really wish I could dig up more details but that's the extent of what I remember, aside from maybe the house being a lot like a mansion or at least fancier and nicer than a normal home. This is gonna be bothering me until I can figure it out and hunt down the film.

Could this be Terrorvision?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092074/

sublyme
Mar 21, 2003
lol poker

Topper Harley posted:

Could this be Terrorvision?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092074/

I just watched the trailer and...some of it was ringing a bell, like the house, but I just can't shake this memory that it was a blob-like substance and less of a creature with a mouth, etc. Still though, crazy how quickly you were able to guess that! Any other guesses?

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

CGameProgrammer posted:

Yeah I figured that would be an easy one. Thanks! It's even available on Watch Instantly apparently.

It's worth watching, too.

Not a Duck
Mar 17, 2009

I'm not a duck.
I have a vague memory of waking up late at night when I was a kid and the television was left on in the living room. The movie on was, I think, Italian and had a scene where two men wearing bathrobes are in a room drawing men on a wall so they could come alive and fight the drawings of women that were also coming alive.

I have no reason to believe it was an Italian film other than thinking the actors sounded dubbed. I want to say it was from the late 60's or early 70's and I think it was a comedy.

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

Peking Duck posted:

I have a vague memory of waking up late at night when I was a kid and the television was left on in the living room. The movie on was, I think, Italian and had a scene where two men wearing bathrobes are in a room drawing men on a wall so they could come alive and fight the drawings of women that were also coming alive.

I have no reason to believe it was an Italian film other than thinking the actors sounded dubbed. I want to say it was from the late 60's or early 70's and I think it was a comedy.

Sounds like "The War Between Men and Women."

Eli Cash
Jun 8, 2005
I think this was a made for TV movie: I remember a guy dissapearing on a plane and his gold watch falls to the ground. I also remember people being in a desolate airport.

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Eli Cash posted:

I think this was a made for TV movie: I remember a guy dissapearing on a plane and his gold watch falls to the ground. I also remember people being in a desolate airport.

The Langoliers

some gnomes
Nov 19, 2008
Saw only the end of it, but wondering what the hell it was I saw:

Bunch of people in a house, then they started melting into each other in some sort of eating fetish orgy. They were chasing some guy through the rooms.

For some reason, I think the title evokes the image of high society, or upper class.

Wood Warder
Mar 5, 2011

Warding off both trees and boners since 1984

some gnomes posted:

Saw only the end of it, but wondering what the hell it was I saw:

Bunch of people in a house, then they started melting into each other in some sort of eating fetish orgy. They were chasing some guy through the rooms.

For some reason, I think the title evokes the image of high society, or upper class.

Society! There was a link to a clip in another thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_(film)

some gnomes
Nov 19, 2008

Wood Warder posted:

Society! There was a link to a clip in another thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_(film)

YES!!!

I've been trying to figure out was this was for like 2 years

Wood Warder
Mar 5, 2011

Warding off both trees and boners since 1984

some gnomes posted:

YES!!!

I've been trying to figure out was this was for like 2 years

If it weren't for the fact that the part you described was the entirety of the actual clip I'd have had no idea :shobon:

Leanbeef
Aug 1, 2007
Who's intimidating who now, big city?
It's probably been at least a decade since I saw this, so I might be getting some details wrong.

Humans and some reptile-looking aliens are fighting a war against each other. A human soldier and an alien soldier get marooned on a planet together, and gradually form a friendship. I think that the alien gives birth to a little baby reptile while they're trapped together and they start raising it. They get off the planet (somehow?) but the kid gets kidnapped, maybe by the earth military. They go rescue it with lots of explosions and heroism.

I have a feeling this was not a super well-known movie, and google is coming up with nothing for me. Ring any bells with anyone?

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

Leanbeef posted:

It's probably been at least a decade since I saw this, so I might be getting some details wrong.

Humans and some reptile-looking aliens are fighting a war against each other. A human soldier and an alien soldier get marooned on a planet together, and gradually form a friendship. I think that the alien gives birth to a little baby reptile while they're trapped together and they start raising it. They get off the planet (somehow?) but the kid gets kidnapped, maybe by the earth military. They go rescue it with lots of explosions and heroism.

I have a feeling this was not a super well-known movie, and google is coming up with nothing for me. Ring any bells with anyone?

Enemy Mine

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089092/

Leanbeef
Aug 1, 2007
Who's intimidating who now, big city?
Haha drat that was fast. Thanks! That was driving me crazy.

CGameProgrammer
Nov 5, 2008
I have another one: a movie (1980s probably) that IIRC was sort of a campy comedy "horror" in the vein of The Toxic Avenger, which was about mutants and some company that created them, and the movie ended with the executives of that company being mutated altogether into a shoe. Yes, a bunch of people get combined and turned into a single sentient shoe monster thing.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

CGameProgrammer posted:

I have another one: a movie (1980s probably) that IIRC was sort of a campy comedy "horror" in the vein of The Toxic Avenger, which was about mutants and some company that created them, and the movie ended with the executives of that company being mutated altogether into a shoe. Yes, a bunch of people get combined and turned into a single sentient shoe monster thing.

Maybe Freaked?

CGameProgrammer
Nov 5, 2008

Wizchine posted:

Maybe Freaked?
(checks wikipedia synopsis) Yup that's the one. Thanks! This one's apparently on Watch Instantly too.

Not a Duck
Mar 17, 2009

I'm not a duck.

Sizzlechest posted:

Sounds like "The War Between Men and Women."

I'll have to find this movie now. Thanks!

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

FitFortDanga posted:

I don't remember it too well, but this might be Focus.

Starscream posted:

This sounds like Stuart Gordon's Edmond, in which William H. Macy is continuously emasculated and humiliated by hookers, gangbangers and pawn shop owners.

CzarChasm posted:

Didn't see a definite yes/no on either of the two suggested guesses so might I add A Slight Case of Murder?

It's a little reversed from what you are looking for (He commits a murder and is discovered by someone watching from below) but it was the closest sounding movie I knew.

Thanks for the suggestions guys but I don't think it's any of those. I remember it seemed as though witnessing the crime was a big part of the movie - like, the primary plot point. Maybe I'm misremembering and it didn't have William H. Macy in it, I'm pretty certain it did though.

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut
I recall reading about this movie a while ago, and I believe there was a short clip of it on youtube, or it could have been the whole thing (it might have been a short film). It was a movie consisting of shots of empty rooms, where action presumably had taken place; it was like watching a movie five minutes behind the stuff actually happening. It was in black and white, so I'm guessing it was an older movie. I can't remember the nationality, but if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it was French. There was no dialog, as there were no characters, or even people. Please help me find this movie!

Google has been no help. Please help me, I need this film to help tie together a paper I'm writing.

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

I remember stumbling across a youtube music video years ago for a film and thought it sounded pretty interesting. Of course today I suddenly remember this and can not for the life of me think what song or film it was.

It's a pretty new film, I think it was about someone who died in a car crash and was in watching the aftermath as a ghost? Or it happened in some alternate reality perhaps. The scene I remember was of the characters stood on a busy traffic bridge (at night?) in the rain being all emotional. Hooray vague memory.

Another is one about a criminal who gets dumped on this island of other criminals as his punishment there. The 'native' people/criminals to this island have build themselves a small village, surrounded by a wooden fortress kind of wall. The guy + some of the others aim to escape the island, ends up the police/guards chasing them down with a helicopter. He eventually manages to escape on a small boat after scaling down a cliffside.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Sock Weasel posted:

I remember stumbling across a youtube music video years ago for a film and thought it sounded pretty interesting. Of course today I suddenly remember this and can not for the life of me think what song or film it was.

It's a pretty new film, I think it was about someone who died in a car crash and was in watching the aftermath as a ghost? Or it happened in some alternate reality perhaps. The scene I remember was of the characters stood on a busy traffic bridge (at night?) in the rain being all emotional. Hooray vague memory.

This sounds like Stay, with Ewan McGregor, Bob Hoskins, Ryan Gosling and Naomi Watts.. It's terrible, despite the terrific cast.

morestuff fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 10, 2011

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Sock Weasel posted:

Another is one about a criminal who gets dumped on this island of other criminals as his punishment there. The 'native' people/criminals to this island have build themselves a small village, surrounded by a wooden fortress kind of wall. The guy + some of the others aim to escape the island, ends up the police/guards chasing them down with a helicopter. He eventually manages to escape on a small boat after scaling down a cliffside.

No Escape?

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Sock Weasel posted:

Papillon

EDIT: I guess it could be No Escape, but I don't recall him escaping on a boat.

EDITEDIT: Yea, nevermind me, I wasn't paying attention to the Helicopter statement. It's not Papillon.

Mouser.. fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 11, 2011

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

I don't remember any helicopters in Papillon.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

JaundiceDave posted:

I recall reading about this movie a while ago, and I believe there was a short clip of it on youtube, or it could have been the whole thing (it might have been a short film). It was a movie consisting of shots of empty rooms, where action presumably had taken place; it was like watching a movie five minutes behind the stuff actually happening. It was in black and white, so I'm guessing it was an older movie. I can't remember the nationality, but if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it was French. There was no dialog, as there were no characters, or even people. Please help me find this movie!

Google has been no help. Please help me, I need this film to help tie together a paper I'm writing.

La Jetée
perhaps

part one on youtube

DudeOnCrack
Jul 22, 2003
Let's see, saw this around 2003 rented on VHS. There's this flesh colored creature that looks like a worm or something and it spoke English and... the creature has sex with a woman at the end? Oh and there were terrible blood effects. Not much to go on I know...

MeaningOfLife
Nov 30, 2001

:staredog: <(I can tell you that it is NOT '42'.)
OK I remember I saw a spy movie about a boy who had the same name as the real spy and he gets first class ticket to Europe instead with his classmates and the real spy guy was killed by some bad guys.

Then US government knows he's not the real deal but takes him in anyways and train him to be a spy. Then there's some sort of X-ray glasses and he used to cheat in a card game. I don't remember the rest and I would like to watch this movie again.

Erasmus Darwin
Mar 6, 2001

MeaningOfLife posted:

OK I remember I saw a spy movie about a boy who had the same name as the real spy and he gets first class ticket to Europe instead with his classmates and the real spy guy was killed by some bad guys.

If Looks Could Kill

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

morestuff posted:

This sounds like Stay, with Ewan McGregor, Bob Hoskins, Ryan Gosling and Naomi Watts.. It's terrible, despite the terrific cast.

westborn posted:

No Escape?

Thanks guys! :) I figured Stay was probably awful from what little I saw of it, but from what I remember No Escape is top quality late-night-crap-movie viewing.

Action Andy
Feb 5, 2007

Out From Animals
its about someone who stands on a landmine during the croatian/bosnian war and i believe the whole film is set in the scene of him being stood on this land mine, but he cannot take hit foot off it otherwise it would detonate

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Action Andy posted:

its about someone who stands on a landmine during the croatian/bosnian war and i believe the whole film is set in the scene of him being stood on this land mine, but he cannot take hit foot off it otherwise it would detonate

No Man's Land

Masa
Jun 20, 2003
Generic Newbie
This one has been bugging me for a long time because of how well I can remember parts of it.
Near the beginning the main characters come up with plan to get a roommate and kill him while he's taking a bath. After they kill him, they cut off his hands and feet and smash his teeth so that he can't be identified, and one of the characters works in a hospital and disposes of the hands and feet with the medical waste there. Then at the end of the movie there's a mystery of where some money that was stolen is hidden and one of the characters is shown stabbed to death in his apartment. The camera pans down, shows the knife going through him into the floor, then goes down below the floorboards and reveals that that's where the money was hidden.
It's British and I probably saw it in the late 90s, and it couldn't have been too old at the time.

And I have another one that I have a much more vague memory of:
All I can remember is that there a young boy who is evil or possessed or something and tries to kill his family. There's a scene where his mother hides in a pantry and the boy repeatedly jabs a knife through slits in the door. There might also be a scene of someone hiding in one of those big freezer units people put in their garages to store meat.If I had to guess I'd say that t was from the 70s.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Masa posted:

This one has been bugging me for a long time because of how well I can remember parts of it.
Near the beginning the main characters come up with plan to get a roommate and kill him while he's taking a bath. After they kill him, they cut off his hands and feet and smash his teeth so that he can't be identified, and one of the characters works in a hospital and disposes of the hands and feet with the medical waste there. Then at the end of the movie there's a mystery of where some money that was stolen is hidden and one of the characters is shown stabbed to death in his apartment. The camera pans down, shows the knife going through him into the floor, then goes down below the floorboards and reveals that that's where the money was hidden.
It's British and I probably saw it in the late 90s, and it couldn't have been too old at the time.

The murder doesnt fit, but the panning down through the floor to show the cash is definately in Shallow Grave. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111149/ Its totally possible that another film used a similar shot, but it has them disposing of the body of a flatmate.

Masa
Jun 20, 2003
Generic Newbie

SiKboy posted:

The murder doesnt fit, but the panning down through the floor to show the cash is definately in Shallow Grave. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111149/ Its totally possible that another film used a similar shot, but it has them disposing of the body of a flatmate.

After watching the ending on Youtube, that's definitely it. Awesome. Except it's not available on Netflix :argh:

Even if the roommate wasn't murdered, did he at least die in the bathtub? I distinctly remember a body in the tub and IMDB has somewhere credited as "Bath Victim".

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Masa posted:

After watching the ending on Youtube, that's definitely it. Awesome. Except it's not available on Netflix :argh:

Even if the roommate wasn't murdered, did he at least die in the bathtub? I distinctly remember a body in the tub and IMDB has somewhere credited as "Bath Victim".

Honestly, I saw it years ago now, and I wasnt paying that much attention. Someone presumably does die in a bath, but it definately isnt the roommate. I mainly remember the very begining and very end of the film, the middle is a bit of a blur to me. Luckily one of the scenes you mentioned is literally the only bit I remember well!

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth
I saw this glorious movie on VHS a couple years ago and I forgot the title.

It's severely 80's, and it's about a nerd who works in (I think) a pizza place who sells his soul to the devil to become a huge rock star, complete with sweet 80's metal hair and tight pants. He has to suck the souls out of people to stay alive.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
Shock 'Em Dead, starring Traci Lords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth

MachineryNoise posted:

Shock 'Em Dead, starring Traci Lords.

I'm so glad it made it to DVD! Just bought it. Thanks!