Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Slowpoke Rodriguez posted:

It was actually the AK74a that caused the crash when I tried to mod it, but a few other items did it too, not sure which. I have the 1.5 version (1.1 installed first, 1.5 over it, and none of the 1.1 activated, using the leveled lists add-on).

There was a mod for half-life 1 called The Wastes, and iirc it had better textures for the Pancor and the Gll than any I've seen for New Vegas. That is a little sad. Anyways keep up the good work, I'm eagerly awaiting the next release. :)
Wasteland Half-Life / The Wastes was the best deathmatch available for Half-Life for sure, and the weapon textures were really great for the time. I'm pretty sure the developers were all huge gun nerds.

Apparently the files are up on ModDB, here. I know nothing at all about modding and whatnot so I don't even know if it's possible, but I guess someone might be able to dig out the textures and meshes for the Pancor and G11 from there? No idea if they can be converted for NV use though, nor how to contact the old devs for permission. ModDB lists someone called evilghoul as developer, which isn't a name I recognize from the mod's forums, but maybe he worked under a different name then or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
The Armory is downloaded and installed properly. Finally :). I'm really not sure what happened that was causing my problem, so I am guessing it was some isp crap. Anyways, not anything anyone needs to worry about.

Woebin posted:

Wasteland Half-Life / The Wastes was the best deathmatch available for Half-Life for sure, and the weapon textures were really great for the time. I'm pretty sure the developers were all huge gun nerds.

Apparently the files are up on ModDB, here. I know nothing at all about modding and whatnot so I don't even know if it's possible, but I guess someone might be able to dig out the textures and meshes for the Pancor and G11 from there? No idea if they can be converted for NV use though, nor how to contact the old devs for permission. ModDB lists someone called evilghoul as developer, which isn't a name I recognize from the mod's forums, but maybe he worked under a different name then or something.

Exactly what I was thinking bringing it up ;), this would be really nice, but I am in the same boat, I have no idea if it is at all possible.

Also, can any recommend some mods that aid more armor pieces? I have Tailor Maid, Satchels, and Jaysus's Rogue Ranger coats already and I recommend them all, but what I am really looking for are some more longcoats I can pop over different armors. I have been having some clipping issues with the coats in the above pack, and wanted to know if anyone knew any better? I tried using Nifskope to combine coats and armor myself(and avoid clipping manually) but it crashes a lot, and I am way out of my depth trying to use it.

Slowpoke Rodriguez fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 12, 2011

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Installed the armory but it looks like the texture on the starting raging bull is missing. I'm guessing I'm missing the lot of textures. Did I not install this right? You just activate through the FOMOD, right?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Lockback posted:

Installed the armory but it looks like the texture on the starting raging bull is missing. I'm guessing I'm missing the lot of textures. Did I not install this right? You just activate through the FOMOD, right?

Yeah, it should all be there. I just double checked the BSA file and the texture's there as well as proper texture linking within the packaged mesh.

I'm assuming you're using the Mysterious Stranger pack?

edit: Yup, I just re-installed the pack using leveled lists + mysterious stranger options and tried a new game. Works as intended and every has textures. I can only assume that FOMM didn't install the mod correctly for you somehow.

Naky fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 12, 2011

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Naky posted:

Yeah, it should all be there. I just double checked the BSA file and the texture's there as well as proper texture linking within the packaged mesh.

I'm assuming you're using the Mysterious Stranger pack?

Yep. I think it has something to do with how it installed. What path are the textures usually in?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Lockback posted:

Yep. I think it has something to do with how it installed. What path are the textures usually in?

Well, everything's packed in a BSA now. So there's no more folders or anything. If you used the mod in the past, delete the ahztek folders in the meshes/weapons and textures/weapons folders to get rid of any old content that might be interfering.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I starting using the Better Ammo Crafting Mod and I have to say it adds a lot to the ammo crafting portion of the game that I thought was lacking. It doesn't do much, it just restores some of the missing ammos to the reload bench and it allows you to melt cases into brass and make other cases out of them. It also lets you break down dynamite into gunpowder.

Being able to melt down old brass and other junk and make ammo out of it makes Hand Loader actually worthwhile and with scarcity mods it actually makes treasure troves of worthless tin cans and pots valuable.

Coolio
Nov 5, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Have slugs been fixed, or do you have to download a mod for that?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Coolio posted:

Have slugs been fixed, or do you have to download a mod for that?

When were slugs bugged? Bean Bag rounds were (and I believe are still) bugged, but several mods including the Community Compilation Patch have addressed the issue.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

When were slugs bugged? Bean Bag rounds were (and I believe are still) bugged, but several mods including the Community Compilation Patch have addressed the issue.

Slugs are bugged in that they decrease the player's spread but still have the spread of a shotgun shell iirc. So rather than hitting like a single solid projectile, they just made the player's reticle smaller.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Omnicarus posted:

Slugs are bugged in that they decrease the player's spread but still have the spread of a shotgun shell iirc. So rather than hitting like a single solid projectile, they just made the player's reticle smaller.

What's also hilarious is that the Fast Shot and Trigger Discipline perks also magically decrease the weapon's spread instead of player sway.

Just needs some switching to fix this, of course.

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Omnicarus posted:

It also lets you break down dynamite into gunpowder.

:argh: but dynamite isn't made with gunpowder :argh:

Milkbags
Mar 7, 2011

by Ozma
Apparently with all the mods I tested something must have changed some things like the sound files

How would I revert them back to the orignals? Do I just need to reinstall new vegas?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Milkbags posted:

Apparently with all the mods I tested something must have changed some things like the sound files

How would I revert them back to the orignals? Do I just need to reinstall new vegas?

You could simply delete the sound files if you knew which ones you didn't want. The game will refer to the vanilla files after that (unless the mod refers to completely new files.)

Coolio
Nov 5, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Does repopulated wasteland add enemy npcs? Cause I think I just gunned my way through like fifty powder gangers at the NCR prison. That... is just a bit too many.

Reverse Jesus
Dec 25, 2004
Come on Cranky! Take it to the fridge!

Coolio posted:

Does repopulated wasteland add enemy npcs? Cause I think I just gunned my way through like fifty powder gangers at the NCR prison. That... is just a bit too many.
It does, I think in part because the powder gangers can be friendly NPCs if you side against Goodsprings, so it counts as a town.

The mod has the potential to make any encounter more hilarious. Personally I think the game is too easy anyway, especially with two companions, so it sort of balances out - I haven't noticed it since the NCR prison.

myname_isdoug
Jul 9, 2003

i can and i can not
I thought I posted this a while ago and was being ignored, but I guess I didn't go through with it at all! Oops.

Is the current community patch lore-friendly (for lack of a less stupid term)?

I seem to remember one of the early releases "fixed" poo poo that it had no business touching, like adding karma repercussions for killing NCR and Legion grunts.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

myname_isdoug posted:

I thought I posted this a while ago and was being ignored, but I guess I didn't go through with it at all! Oops.

Is the current community patch lore-friendly (for lack of a less stupid term)?

I seem to remember one of the early releases "fixed" poo poo that it had no business touching, like adding karma repercussions for killing NCR and Legion grunts.

It depends. Sometimes, "fixes" make it into releases of the patch that aren't really fixes (like Junk Ammo being added to loot lists). However, these are usually removed when it is brought to the author's attention. A number of the current fixes could be disputed because they often address things that could be considered oversights by Obsidian (such as the Plasma Defender / ammo availability fix) but might very well be intentional.

Looking at the manifest for the current version (1.09) I'm not seeing anything outwardly lore-modifying.

Coolio
Nov 5, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Reverse Jesus posted:

It does, I think in part because the powder gangers can be friendly NPCs if you side against Goodsprings, so it counts as a town.

The mod has the potential to make any encounter more hilarious. Personally I think the game is too easy anyway, especially with two companions, so it sort of balances out - I haven't noticed it since the NCR prison.

So the legion camp is going to have ten thousand dudes in it? Guess I won't be killing Caesar this time around.

CaudaVenenus
Sep 17, 2004

Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you.
I'm stuck in Tales of the Burning Sands chapter 2, Can someone help me ?

I've started the quest with Emotitron at Wolfhorn Ranch and followed it until meeting the other computer under Bonnie Springs. There, I agreed to work for him and went into server 7 to destroy Emotitron. I did that, exited the server 7 universe and made my way back through the minefield. Now the computer has nothing to say to me except that I should be dead.

I also deciphered Jasmine's message at Black Mountain, but I haven't found a computer in Nellis base. The doors to Torchlight airport are still closed, I don't know what to do next.

In addition, the "incentive box" in the bunker under Bonnie Springs is locked for some reason and I don't have the key to it. No idea if that's why I'm stuck.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Coolio posted:

So the legion camp is going to have ten thousand dudes in it? Guess I won't be killing Caesar this time around.
Dude if the Gamebryo engine actually handled more than 10 NPCs competently I'd have a ball with that many targets

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Well, for what its worth I did a full remove and replace of the data folder and reloaded my mods. Now the textures are coming in fine. Must have been something left over at some point.

The Armory is a really nice addition, great job guys.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Lockback posted:

Well, for what its worth I did a full remove and replace of the data folder and reloaded my mods. Now the textures are coming in fine. Must have been something left over at some point.

The Armory is a really nice addition, great job guys.

Thanks, glad to see our hard work is being enjoyed relatively bug free this time around. I think we've found all of two at this point. I think this build will stick around for a while though.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Naky posted:

Thanks, glad to see our hard work is being enjoyed relatively bug free this time around. I think we've found all of two at this point. I think this build will stick around for a while though.

I haven't had the chance to load up the new version, yet. Did you set up the faux-preorder bonuses?

More importantly, would it be simple for someone to patch more in?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Male Man posted:

I haven't had the chance to load up the new version, yet. Did you set up the faux-preorder bonuses?

More importantly, would it be simple for someone to patch more in?

Yes, I did and yes it would provided you have some basic GECKing ability. I thought about doing up a little tutorial on how to make your own but eh :effort:

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

(such as the Plasma Defender / ammo availability fix)
That's fixed for the next patch BTW. :c00l:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Dude if the Gamebryo engine actually handled more than 10 NPCs competently I'd have a ball with that many targets

I'd take that unique rocket launcher and the Fat Man in and wouldn't leave until the whole place was a crater.

Coolio
Nov 5, 2009

by Ozmaugh
World of Pain is so stupid unbalanced. I love it. In this one contiguous dungeon area I have found:

1. An item that increased my carry weight by like 200
2. An energy weapon that one shots robots even though I only have 17 points in the skill (can't wait to use it against power armor units)
3. Enough ammo to last basically the whole game

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
World of Pain is apparently what was causing my random crashing when going through doors. :(

With it disabled and some other stuff turned on, the game now freezes when I try to quit it, but that's acceptable enough as I can just kill the process, and the game itself runs fine. :toot:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Coolio posted:

2. An energy weapon that one shots robots even though I only have 17 points in the skill (can't wait to use it against power armor units)

That's in the base game, as well.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Coolio posted:

World of Pain is so stupid unbalanced. I love it. In this one contiguous dungeon area I have found:

1. An item that increased my carry weight by like 200
3. Enough ammo to last basically the whole game

This mod is so fun, it brought me up to level 14 or so without even getting to Novac. That was just running around close to Goodspring and Primm while exploring the random areas it has added.

I loving still love this game.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
I tried World of Pain and fell through the ground outside of Goodsprings near one of the new buildings it put down :(

The big problem I'm having is some voices like the Doc and Easy Pete are not working. Their mouths don't even move. Other people still work fine. Does anything in this list sound like the cause?

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
Community Bugfix Compilation Patch.esm
CBC Dead Money Patch.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
More Perks.esm
More Traits.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
WME - Dead Money.esm
New Vegas Redesigned.esm
FNVToolkit.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Purge Cell Buffers.esp
FactionIDCards.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
XFO - 4a - Perks - Paths.esp
XFO - 5c - Skills - Better Med Surv Repair.esp
XFO - 8a - Cripple & Body Part Revamp.esp
XFO - 8b - Speed Increases.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
More Perks Update.esp
More Traits Update.esp
ILO-RI-Original Lucky38 Suite.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
better that gun 44mag.esp
Realistic_Repair_NV.esp
CarryMult.esp
noautoaim.esp
Fellout.esp
friendofnightforfellout.esp
alternate_armor_system_v0911.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
WME - Dead Money.esp
WME - that gun 44 mag.esp
NAPA-NV 0.1.esp
LegendaryHunter.esp
Tag Skills Improved.esp
GrenadeHotkey.esp
GrenadeHotkey - DeadMoney.esp

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

rope kid posted:

That's fixed for the next patch BTW. :c00l:

is the perk sway modifier actually modifying weapon spread/ammo spread modifier actually modifying sway thing going to be fixed next patch

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

is the perk sway modifier actually modifying weapon spread/ammo spread modifier actually modifying sway thing going to be fixed next patch

rope kid, seriously, for what's left of my sanity since I work with the guy on The Armory - please have your guys fix this. :smithicide:

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Naky posted:

rope kid, seriously, for what's left of my sanity since I work with the guy on The Armory - please have your guys fix this. :smithicide:
This is a code bug and code's time is primarily taken up with stability/memory problems.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

rope kid posted:

This is a code bug and code's time is primarily taken up with stability/memory problems.

:ohdear:

That doesn't sound promising.

Coolio
Nov 5, 2009

by Ozmaugh

-Troika- posted:

World of Pain is apparently what was causing my random crashing when going through doors. :(

With it disabled and some other stuff turned on, the game now freezes when I try to quit it, but that's acceptable enough as I can just kill the process, and the game itself runs fine. :toot:

Spuzzz posted:

I tried World of Pain and fell through the ground outside of Goodsprings near one of the new buildings it put down :(

I haven't had any issues with it fortunately. I've had enemies fall through floors but that happened in base game too.

nickhimself posted:

This mod is so fun, it brought me up to level 14 or so without even getting to Novac. That was just running around close to Goodspring and Primm while exploring the random areas it has added.

I've hit level 20 doing likewise and wandering around the main underground dungeon (which is so full of stupid bullshit after doing what I think is half of it I never want to go back in). You can probably hit level 35 before even getting to New Vegas :stare:

Coolio fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 14, 2011

Coolio
Nov 5, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Speaking of hitting level 35 it's a shame there are like no super sweet end perks for getting there. Are there any good mods for that?

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive

Spuzzz posted:

I lost two hours when one of his buildings swallowed EDE and I couldn't console him out. I like the low loot version of the mod but I start saving like crazy when I get near something in wop. Also his named gecko kill quest is broken for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brian Fellows
May 29, 2003
I'm Brian Fellows
I've fallen through the ground once using World of Pain. Lost about 15 minutes, no big deal. Since then I've done it twice on purpose; I see an area of ground that never fully rendered for whatever reason (looks like a pile of pudding), save, then go step on it and fall through.

Only annoyance I've had is sometimes the added buildngs make you or your companions spawn inside of the wall (or, once, inside of another NPC). I'd suggest saving before going into any new buildings.

I am loving the mod though.