Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Rodney the Piper posted:

Holy Christ this loving Pet Lady.
To me, this lady exemplifies what it takes to be a wack packer. I swear, I heard her say that her sister was crazy one second, then defensively say that she wasn't crazy the next. I wonder if she'll do the smart thing for her remaining sanity and cut herself off from the show once and for all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
Artie Loves Pancakes

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
He'll wash them down with chocolate SHAKKKES

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

To me, this lady exemplifies what it takes to be a wack packer. I swear, I heard her say that her sister was crazy one second, then defensively say that she wasn't crazy the next. I wonder if she'll do the smart thing for her remaining sanity and cut herself off from the show once and for all.

She definitely called her sister crazy several times and then at some point immediately screamed SHE ISN'T CRAZY HOWARD DON'T YOU SAY THAT

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!
Topless...T O P L E S S

I hope Pet Lady calls in a lot. Whenever she argues with a recording I lose it, and she won't be catching on any time soon!

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Bonzo posted:

He booked the room himself online using his own credit card.

I know we are all used to Howard and Robin and Artie paying people to put songs on their ipads, but becoming a celebrity doesn't mean you instantly lose all ability to think or act for yourself.

Look at Jimmy Kimmel, Howard thought he was a genius or using interns to figure out how to post vacation photos online.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

AxeManiac posted:

I know we are all used to Howard and Robin and Artie paying people to put songs on their ipads, but becoming a celebrity doesn't mean you instantly lose all ability to think or act for yourself.

Look at Jimmy Kimmel, Howard thought he was a genius or using interns to figure out how to post vacation photos online.

I agree. The staff was just shocked that he walked in on his own with no entourage. Meanwhile anytime the local semi-pro hockey team books a floor they expect to be treated like the Queen.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I can't wait until Howard starts raging on Apple.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008
Wow, Robin said something I've been thinking for a while. We need a "Manhattan Project" for energy.

I'm not sure how I should feel right now...

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

-Atom- posted:

I can't wait until Howard starts raging on Apple.

Why would he do that? With apple you can do remote desktop, video conferencing, and many other amazing things like type up a document and print it out.

I've officially gone from being annoyed with his constant technological retardation to amused. I think he thinks steve jobs actually sat down in his basement with some chips and resistors and made the ipad and all of the apps on it.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

Yeah, but Kimmel is a genius. I bet he could find somebody to hang a bedroom door for under $53,000.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I wonder how Howard managed to get the new iPad over the weekend? Did some unlucky assistant have to wait hours in line to get him one, or did Apple somehow hook him up?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

qbert posted:

I wonder how Howard managed to get the new iPad over the weekend? Did some unlucky assistant have to wait hours in line to get him one, or did Apple somehow hook him up?

I just caught this on the replay, and it sounds like he called and had one put aside, because he had to go back and have another one put aside for Beth.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

"Chicken chicken chicken winner Sheen chicken ..."

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

qbert posted:

Kelly posted:

I just caught this on the replay, and it sounds like he called and had one put aside, because he had to go back and have another one put aside for Beth.

I took it more like he knew someone who was already in line out there to pick him up one. I can tell you for a fact that Apple retail employees are not allowed under any circumstances to hold product back for anyone. It is a serious termination level offense. I had to hear all about that this week from one of my best friends whom works for Apple that I went to Chicago with so he could help the launch there.

Apple doesn't want the thousands of people who waited outside for hours if not days to feel they were shafted out of getting a product because of someone getting special treatment. Most high profile people can get product straight from Apple overnight. If Howard actually got special treatment someone is going to get in serious trouble over there because Apple doesn't gently caress around in that regard.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Jesus Christ this pet lady is loving insane.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Yeah, but Kimmel is a genius. I bet he could find somebody to hang a bedroom door for under $53,000.

Please tell me that not even Howard spent anywhere near that much for a door.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

haljordan posted:

Please tell me that not even Howard spent anywhere near that much for a door.

No that was his DVD player.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Djarum posted:

Apple doesn't want the thousands of people who waited outside for hours if not days to feel they were shafted out of getting a product because of someone getting special treatment. Most high profile people can get product straight from Apple overnight. If Howard actually got special treatment someone is going to get in serious trouble over there because Apple doesn't gently caress around in that regard.

*insert story about Apple employee taking Jason Bateman directly to front of line on iPhone 4 release date*.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

sedative posted:

He could afford it because he got his monster cables for really cheap. $100 a foot is a steal in this market.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Crotch Bat posted:

*insert story about Apple employee taking Jason Bateman directly to front of line on iPhone 4 release date*.

Or *insert story about Apple employee who buys his way to the front of the line for a new liver.*

hypersober
Mar 27, 2006
Gilbert got fired by Aflac because of his tsunami tweets

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh
Slightly show related, I guess, since gilbert is a frequent guest on the show, from his twitter account:

Japan is really advanced. They don't go to the beach. The beach comes to them.
11:29 AM Mar 13th via web .

What do the japanese have in common with @howardstern? They're both radio active.
5:36 PM Mar 12th via Twitter for iPhone .J

apan had put out this urgent plea...." PLEASE SEND US A FEW BIlLION RUBBER DUCKIES!!!!!"
5:05 PM Mar 12th via Twitter for iPhone .

Japan called me. They said "maybe those jokes are a hit in the US, but over here, they're all sinking.
4:33 PM Mar 12th via Twitter for iPhone .

I hosed a girl in japan. She screamed "I feel the earth move and I'm getting wet."
4:12 PM Mar 12th via Twitter for iPhone .

My book #rubberBallsAndLiquor was released in japan. It's making quite a splash.
4:10 PM Mar 12th via Twitter for iPhone .

What does every Japanese person have in their apartment? Flood lights.
4:02 PM Mar 12th via Twitter for iPhone .

I asked a girl in Japan to have sex with me. She said "okay, but you'll have to sleep in the wet spot."
3:38 PM Mar 12th via Twitter for iPhone .

What do Japanese Jews like to eat? Hebrew National Tsunami.
3:23 PM Mar 12th via Twitter for iPhone .

I was talking to my Japanese real estate agent. I said "is there a school in this area." She said "not now, but just wait."
3:06 PM Mar 12th via Twitter for iPhone .

My Japanese doctor advised me to stay healthy I need 50 million gallons of water a day.
2:39 PM Mar 12th via Twitter for iPhone .

I just split up with my girlfriend, but like the Japanese say, "They'll be another one floating by any minute now."
2:24 PM Mar 12th via Twitter for iPhone

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Hahaha, what a bunch of bullshit.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

scapulataf posted:

Slightly show related, I guess, since gilbert is a frequent guest on the show, from his twitter account:

Haha, awesome. I have a feeling we're going to be hearing from him this week.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I didn't even know that duck was really him.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

sedative posted:

It was probably just a laser disc player with "DVD" spraypainted on it.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

ToastyPotato posted:

I didn't even know that duck was really him.

Me either! For some reason I always thought it was a sound-a-like. I'm kind of surprised a major company like that would use Gilbert in the first place. It's not like the other 99% of his Tweets/stand-up are particularly tasteful.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

pkd88 posted:

Artie Loves Pancakes
Did they play this or talk about Artie today? I had to stop listening after Howard did a live T-O-P-L-E-S-S (and I almost pissed my pants)

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Spacemonkey57 posted:

when I heard that it destroyed my mind. I've done construction for my father for like eight years and a job like that would at the most cost a couple of hundred bucks including materials and labor. Holy gently caress I need to move to Manhattan and work for a contractor.

Anyways I was just thinking about Jeff Probst, I think, or maybe someone else talking about EtM. It was about the time that Howard was feeling bad for eric and saying what a resilient little guy he was while Eric was on the line and Eric butted in with "hey you interrupted me"

Is there any way at all that this clip is around?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Speaking of Jimmy Kimmel, he wrote a piece about his experiences with the tsunami:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jimmy-kimmel/jimmy-kimmel-tsunami_b_835389.html

"A Dramatic Story, at the End of Which Nothing Happens"

It's a little long, but a good read.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
That doesn't make sense considering Gilbert has had some pretty racy tweets in the past few months on other issues. Guess he should have kept it to just one or two.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Gary won his seat on the board. This was one of the more entertaining story arcs in ages. I am glad he won it, it was such horseshit what he had to go through to get what sounds like the most boring of all boring local council jobs and get paid nothing to boot

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Korak posted:

That doesn't make sense considering Gilbert has had some pretty racy tweets in the past few months on other issues. Guess he should have kept it to just one or two.
In addition to the sheer quantity of tweets that Gilbert had, Aflac does 75% of their business in Japan.

Garnett
Feb 20, 2007
You know what they do to guys like us in prison?

Phlag posted:

In addition to the sheer quantity of tweets that Gilbert had, Aflac does 75% of their business in Japan.

"Gilbert Laugh" is running through my head.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

Garnett posted:

"Gilbert Laugh" is running through my head.

Me too. I'm sure he had no clue what aflac even did or where. He's a weird dude.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Gilbert owns, that poo poo is funny. The dude owns. gently caress Aflac and their stupid poo poo.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
You know after 9/11 Americans still liked Gilbert, so grow up Japan.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

AxeManiac posted:

You know after 9/11 Americans still liked Gilbert, so grow up Japan.

I doubt most Japanese people are concerned with what the voice of the duck from an insurance company is saying on his twitter.

As for why they picked him to do the voice in the first play? They probably saw Aladdin and thought the bird with the funny voice could be a good mascot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
lol those tweets are hilarious gently caress Aflac.

I was irritated to hear Howard scored 2 ipads this weekend. Apple may have rules in place for us plebes but they're going to bend over backwards for celebrities. Especially people in the media that will talk incessantly about their products.