Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devamon
Jan 13, 2006

funkybottoms posted:

"What I Wanna Be" by Nas?

Similar in concept to that first verse, but the song I'm thinking of is not nearly so hopeful as this one seems to be. It is mostly focused on how the present is bad rather than how the future could be better. Good song though.

Edit: Didn't realize I was the start of a new page, going to repost my original message:

devamon posted:

okay, couple of terribly vague ones that I hope somebody might be able to help with. I'm pretty sure both of these are from 2008, and if memory serves, they are both rap songs or in the hip-hop genre.

The first one had some lyrics that had to do with tornados or twisters...it was a repeating theme in the song.

The second one was about growing up living a hard life, and contained some lyrics about girls having to act older than they were, not being allowed to have a childhood and such.

If anybody can offer any help at all, that would be simply amazing.

devamon fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Mar 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

John Q Russia posted:

Ok, I can swear there's a Fiery Furnaces song that I love but I can't find it in iTunes. I don't remember how the whole song goes but at one point the guy says "two, three four!" and it plays this really melted trombone(?) while he speaks gibberish. It might not actually be gibberish but in my mind it's just backwards talking and the like, with a lot of "mushy" sounds like Portuguese being spoken.

Cousin Chris. It's on EP.

Greyscale Skies
Nov 23, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

There's this song I've been dying to hear again for a while, i cant remember the lyrics but I can remember the following:

- It begins with a soft acoustic guitar music, and there's some dude singing softly, about halfway into the song, a mind blowingly incredible crescendo occurs, with a mix of a single synthesizer sound and backup strings.

- The music video for it is a CGI animation of a boy walking and exploring, underneath him is a big purple turnip, when the crescendo comes, the turnip pops out of the ground carrying the boy with him and the turnip has a mouth singing the lyrics while walking with it's long leaf legs.

it's a recent song that cant have been older than 3 years, any help would be awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTysF1E4Ft0

I Lived on the Moon, by Kwoon?

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Yond Cassius posted:

Hi all,

I heard this one on the radio just before getting sent overseas for work, so little tiny pieces of it are stuck in my head, I can't figure it out, and I can't even sit around listening to the radio in hopes that the DJ will announce it for me.

It's a current song, getting radio play in at least the past month. It feels very electronic, very processed, enough that it's hard to tell what the (female) singer is saying. I hear something that sounds like "falling through you" in what has to be the chorus.

It's very light, has a kind of echo-y feel to it, but it's surprisingly fast-paced.

Any guesses?
You might be talking about this song, although why you would want to recall it, I have no clue.

LoadedDice34
Jun 14, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4fQKx5bw_4

People who know electro-house: Anyone know what the song at 4:49 in this video is?

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

machchunk posted:

You might be talking about this song, although why you would want to recall it, I have no clue.

Oh dear God, no, no, that's not it, though I think somehow I have gotten those lyrics conflated with the song I'm thinking about.

. . .

I'm just going to edit the lyrics out of my post and come back if I can pick up a clearer piece of the earworm.
Sorry!

Rubies
Dec 30, 2005

Live Forever
Die Every Day

:h: :s: :d: :c:

Erebus posted:

Cousin Chris. It's on EP.

Thank you! I don't know how I missed it.

a pwn cocktail
May 12, 2008

w00t, thanks

And another!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjClUET-7r0&feature=related Starts 9:05
Sure I've heard it elsehwere. Any ideas?

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

machchunk posted:

I went through the website playlists for the three radio stations that it might have been and found it!
It's "Stereo Love" by Edward Maya, featuring Vika Jigulina, and it goes "running to you". I don't hate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy2nBvtkgyE

therizinosaurus
Aug 22, 2010

by Ozma
Ok, I need some help with a Led Zeppelin song. I can remember the riff but I can't find it anywhere in my itunes. the riff kind of sounds like the very opening guitar of celebration day. I half expect celebration day to turn into the song i'm looking for.

is that enough to go off of?

here's a riff diagram in case it helps

de ne ne ne ne dir dir de ne some guitar noodling

therizinosaurus fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 9, 2011

toolin
Feb 22, 2004
someone's gotta be able to help me with this...

First became aware of the song via a youtube video posted on FYAD....old, shirtless, very fit guy dancing/posing in his lovely apartment to the song...kinda a dancy/alternative piece.

Someone's gotta remember the video...

laughterhouse five
Feb 17, 2011

by elpintogrande

devamon posted:

The first one had some lyrics that had to do with tornados or twisters...it was a repeating theme in the song.

Are you sure you aren't thinking about something by Twista, the rapper?

Tricerapowerbottom
Jun 16, 2008

WILL MY PONY RECOGNIZE MY VOICE IN HELL

toolin posted:

someone's gotta be able to help me with this...

First became aware of the song via a youtube video posted on FYAD....old, shirtless, very fit guy dancing/posing in his lovely apartment to the song...kinda a dancy/alternative piece.

Someone's gotta remember the video...

Was it Tonetta?

Help me remember a late 90s song w/ a chorus that went "Alcohol, oh alcohol"

toolin
Feb 22, 2004

moss piglet posted:

Was it Tonetta?

No, just saw Tonetta. Frightening.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

moss piglet posted:

Could be GBH - Alcohol or Gogol Bordello - Alcohol, though I don't think either are from the late '90s.

Tingles
Jul 26, 2006

therizinosaurus posted:

Ok, I need some help with a Led Zeppelin song. I can remember the riff but I can't find it anywhere in my itunes. the riff kind of sounds like the very opening guitar of celebration day. I half expect celebration day to turn into the song i'm looking for.

Maybe White Summer- Black Mountain Side? At 1:37 it sounds kinda like what your riff diagram describes, although nothing like Celebration Day.

SebAndSeb
Apr 23, 2007

hello

therizinosaurus posted:

Is the riff you remember at the start of the song as well? Nothing I can think of really reminds me of Celebration Day.

Bit of a shot in the dark but Rock and Roll seems to fit your riff description the best to me \/:shobon:\/

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Anyone recognize the arpeggiated glissando sample in this?

http://hypem.com/!/item/dw3k/A+Trak+-+Call+That+Girl+Margherita

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Mar 9, 2011

therizinosaurus
Aug 22, 2010

by Ozma

Tingles posted:

Maybe White Summer- Black Mountain Side? At 1:37 it sounds kinda like what your riff diagram describes, although nothing like Celebration Day.

SebAndSeb posted:

Is the riff you remember at the start of the song as well? Nothing I can think of really reminds me of Celebration Day.

Bit of a shot in the dark but Rock and Roll seems to fit your riff description the best to me \/:shobon:\/

Neither of these I'm afraid.

I'm not sure if the riff was at the start of the song or not, I just happened to flick on the radio in the middle of the song.

The riff wasn't necessarily the one from Celebration Day, but when I hear the very start of Celebration Day I expect it to launch into the riff I heard.

The riff I'm playing in my head disintegrates when I play Nobody's Fault But Mine. It's almost like a "glassier" version of that riff.

I have every studio album and I haven't found the song. Thanks for the help though. I knew then and there I should have written down some lyrics to it. Looks like a lot of FM radio in the future.

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild

therizinosaurus posted:

The riff wasn't necessarily the one from Celebration Day, but when I hear the very start of Celebration Day I expect it to launch into the riff I heard.

Zeppelin's cover of "Travelling Riverside Blues?

therizinosaurus
Aug 22, 2010

by Ozma

Bolkovr posted:

Zeppelin's cover of "Travelling Riverside Blues?

Oh man this is it. Thank you so very much. Thank you so so so much.

Onion Vanguard
Jun 11, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.
This has been bugging me for so long. I am looking for a slow reggae song, its fairly recent. The music video consists of a couple of black girls dancing etc and a woman on a motorbike. That's all I can really remember of it.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I don't need help identifying a song, but I need help finding one. I'm looking for either a CD or digital download of any compilation of Tin Pan Alley songs that includes Charles K. Harris's version of "After The Ball". I've found a few Tin Pan Alley comps on amazon but they're all out of stock or do not have that song. I don't have an iTunes account. Any help would be appreciated!!

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

moss piglet posted:

Was it Tonetta?

Barenaked Ladies - Alcohol?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Can't believe I'm here but...

I'm remembering a song that starts off with an accoustic guitar and a soft spoken female voice. It sounds all soft and caring, but then the song turns into a breakup song and the voice gets harsher. By the time male voices join in, it turns into a "gently caress you, how could you" kind of song

I remember a lyric about an old chair, but that's it.

Medical Sword
May 23, 2005

Goghing, Goghing, gone
I'm pretty sure this is a well known 80s(?) song, I heard it on the radio in my haircut place yesterday. The chorus goes something like "tell me that you want me, tell me that you need me"... or maybe it's "...that you love me." The music is sort of funky, new wave-ish, synthpop sounding. The verses I think start with the guy singing "I am...the [dun-DUN-DUN-dun-DUN]/got me [dun-DUN-DUN-dun-DUN]"

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A drat FOG posted:

I'm pretty sure this is a well known 80s(?) song, I heard it on the radio in my haircut place yesterday. The chorus goes something like "tell me that you want me, tell me that you need me"... or maybe it's "...that you love me." The music is sort of funky, new wave-ish, synthpop sounding. The verses I think start with the guy singing "I am...the [dun-DUN-DUN-dun-DUN]/got me [dun-DUN-DUN-dun-DUN]"

The Romantics - Talking In Your Sleep matches the chorus.

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

Chemotherapy and marijuana go together like apple pie and Chevrolet.
This is so vague but it has been haunting me so I will give it a try. Possibly a Talking Heads or Talk Talk song. I can't exactly remember the lyrics to the chorus something like "yes I love you" "and I love you" or "I'm in love with you". I was very drunk when I heard it hence the terrible description.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

Craptacular! posted:

Can't believe I'm here but...

I'm remembering a song that starts off with an accoustic guitar and a soft spoken female voice. It sounds all soft and caring, but then the song turns into a breakup song and the voice gets harsher. By the time male voices join in, it turns into a "gently caress you, how could you" kind of song

I remember a lyric about an old chair, but that's it.

gently caress. I feel like I should know what this is, but the only things I can think of are Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood, Smile by Lily Allen and You Oughta Know by Alanis Morissette, but I know none of those are right. Is the idea of the song similar to this?

Comedy options: gently caress You by Cee-Lo or Somebody Kill Me Please from The Wedding Singer.

Goddammit.

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

Yond Cassius posted:

Hi all,

I heard this one on the radio just before getting sent overseas for work, so little tiny pieces of it are stuck in my head, I can't figure it out, and I can't even sit around listening to the radio in hopes that the DJ will announce it for me.

It's a current song, getting radio play in at least the past month. It feels very electronic, very processed, enough that it's hard to tell what the (female) singer is saying. I hear something that sounds like "falling through you" in what has to be the chorus.

It's very light, has a kind of echo-y feel to it, but it's surprisingly fast-paced.

Any guesses?

edit: crap I am mix-and-matching earworms now get this thing out of my head. . .
Here's a random guess that you can use to discern some differences: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUsbpmQ9-mc

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

I heard a version of "Summertime" (the Gershwin song, not the Will Smith song) in a restaraunt today. It was jazz, and sounded fairly recent, with a male singer. Musically it had a guitar playing a sort of walking bass part, with a snare played with brushes. After the verses the male singer would sing/moan "ohhh ohhh ohhh" slowly and in the background an ethereal woman was singing kind of a wail.

"Summertime" must be the most covered song after "Yesterday" and looking thru Youtube reveals only about 9 zillion jazz covers of it. But if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to find the song.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Bolkovr posted:

I heard a version of "Summertime" (the Gershwin song, not the Will Smith song) in a restaraunt today. It was jazz, and sounded fairly recent, with a male singer. Musically it had a guitar playing a sort of walking bass part, with a snare played with brushes. After the verses the male singer would sing/moan "ohhh ohhh ohhh" slowly and in the background an ethereal woman was singing kind of a wail.

"Summertime" must be the most covered song after "Yesterday" and looking thru Youtube reveals only about 9 zillion jazz covers of it. But if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to find the song.

Lambert, Hendricks, and Ross?

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
I just heard this song on my local rap station and the only part I remember is the chorus where she sings "I feel amazing". It sounds to me like Black Eyed Peas but I'm not positive. I checked online for the last ten songs played on the radio station and they haven't updated it.

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

funkybottoms posted:

Lambert, Hendricks, and Ross?

Thanks but no, it was waaaay more minimal than that - just vox, guitar and snare. Very haunting and ethereal.

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009

Busy Bee posted:

I just heard this song on my local rap station and the only part I remember is the chorus where she sings "I feel amazing". It sounds to me like Black Eyed Peas but I'm not positive. I checked online for the last ten songs played on the radio station and they haven't updated it.

"It's so amazing" were probably the lyrics you heard.

Will.I.Am - Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqky5B179nM

digadigadoo
Apr 1, 2007
Hi. I don't know the lyrics but I have an audio sample.

What is this song? I'll be forever grateful.

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

That's some sort of remix of Frankie Valli's "Beggin" as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN3kC_4xURA

darsh5000
Dec 10, 2005

#2Terms2Chainz
I'm looking for a remix of "Kids" by MGMT I heard earlier today. The main riff is the same, but the chord progression is different. If you've heard it you'll know what I mean.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
Kids after school dance remix possibly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZ49OD618

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

digadigadoo
Apr 1, 2007

Ivan Drago posted:

That's some sort of remix of Frankie Valli's "Beggin" as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN3kC_4xURA

Thanks man.