Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milkbags
Mar 7, 2011

by Ozma

Simpo posted:

The nobs box comes with a bunch of spare bosspole tops, just stick a couple of top of one of the big choppas and maybe extend the haft a bit.

Thats what I was thinking on how to do this. That, or simply having to kit-bash my way for one.

Thoose drednaughts are screwed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acidix
Aug 8, 2007

Winner of the terrible contest
edit: thought better of it.

Acidix fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Mar 16, 2011

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I think my question got lost in the shuffle of the last couple pages, so I'll re-ask it: Does anyone know if PaintVagrant still has his store, or did that go by the wayside?

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
He liquidated pretty much everything a few months back, since his day job wasn't letting him give it the attention he thought it deserved.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Anyone add dishwashing liquid to their washes to make them more even? Would a smallish drop in my pot work?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

dishwasherlove posted:

Anyone add dishwashing liquid to their washes to make them more even? Would a smallish drop in my pot work?

You dont need to do that with the new washes. That was only a technique for home made mixes/the old GW inks.

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

MasterSlowPoke posted:

That banner is actually from the metal nobz box set, which was still on the GW site until pretty recently. Although you probably knew that and were just including it as an example.

There was another really nice nob holding a banner in a fist style PK that I'd been meaning to get for ages. Both seem to now be missing from the ork elites section and don't turn up in a search.

Wouldn't surprise me if they were still up somewhere given how bad the search on the GW site seems to be.

Oh hang on - the other nob is still available but I can't find the box set.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
It's here but I don't really recommend it when the plastic box is so much better.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Best option is to ebay the fantasy Black Orcs command parts (banners and musician), and use that one. Should only set you back a few bucks, and looks ace. I think Enri(maybe) has a pic of a converted one floating about.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Finished another thing

Had this guy sitting on my shelf for 2 goddamn years before I finally figured what to do with him.

The Blue Pyramid
Mar 1, 2009

:poland: :poland: :poland:
Kiepski to nie
kaktus;
Pić musi!

pw pw pw posted:

The middle piece looks just a little bit bare, is there any way you could work an aquila or something into the center between the guns?

I gotta look through my spare drop pod sprues, but I think I might have just the thing

And CFH, that is simply amazing

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Attn Fix re: rare metal sculpts. Perhaps the rarest of rare?!?!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

hahaha nooooooo.

Milkbags
Mar 7, 2011

by Ozma

Fyrbrand posted:

Attn Fix re: rare metal sculpts. Perhaps the rarest of rare?!?!

There was this one site I remember that showcased a ton of old GW models, yet I forget the site. Anyone know what I am talking about?

It didnt sell them, just shown pictures of them and their numbers or serials or whatever for collectors

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Milkbags posted:

There was this one site I remember that showcased a ton of old GW models, yet I forget the site. Anyone know what I am talking about?

It didnt sell them, just shown pictures of them and their numbers or serials or whatever for collectors

Following the link from that blog got me to http://www.solegends.com/

Milkbags
Mar 7, 2011

by Ozma

JesustheDarkLord posted:

That was it, Thanks

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

crime fighting hog posted:

Finished another thing

Had this guy sitting on my shelf for 2 goddamn years before I finally figured what to do with him.

This owns so hard. I don't really like Chaos, but I love what you've done with the exposed muscle.

I really like this paint job.

I also like the stomach part and the way you painted the legs.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

What a loving travesty, that scheme is a piece of poo poo.

Acidix
Aug 8, 2007

Got my KR case in the mail today, and was going to use that as an excuse to put together all of the models in my todo stack. However, upon opening the Quad Aluminum case I bought.... no foam.

Sigh... I am not happy. my night of glue induced hallucinations will now just be really awkward instead of productive.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

MasterSlowPoke posted:

What a loving travesty, that scheme is a piece of poo poo.

welp just threw it into the street

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
So question about basing my Skaven. The clan I am going with is based in the mountains and uses alot of dark greys, blacks, and a little dark red. The question is do I go with the lighter grey bases with dead static grass or a more lush green type of base; and if I go with the more green base how do I paint the ground?

The Blue Pyramid
Mar 1, 2009

Kiepski to nie
kaktus;
Pić musi!

Worked on the turret

I'm having problems with it swiveling too much and the guns not staying upright, any suggestions? I tried to tighten the holes using greenstuff but it only really worked with the main support.

Also, I need to come up with some fluff justification for the fist. Something about punching. Or assaulting.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Backno posted:

So question about basing my Skaven. The clan I am going with is based in the mountains and uses alot of dark greys, blacks, and a little dark red. The question is do I go with the lighter grey bases with dead static grass or a more lush green type of base; and if I go with the more green base how do I paint the ground?

You don't want to detract from the model by using a lighter and brighter base, so probably not a green base. I'd say try medium dirt brown with light grey rocks and maybe some small amounts of medium green lichen scattered around.

Possibly like this (minus the snow)?

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_FBkfvgx9SqU/TD0hl28aGiI/AAAAAAAAHLw/l4Y2XamO_8A/BFSmith_HandiesPK_061910_145%5B5%5D.jpg

(my computer is being a bitch so you get a link instead of an image)

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

The Blue Pyramid posted:

I'm having problems with it swiveling too much and the guns not staying upright, any suggestions? I tried to tighten the holes using greenstuff but it only really worked with the main support.

Also, I need to come up with some fluff justification for the fist. Something about punching. Or assaulting.

You're not going to like the answer, but just glue them. You're never going to be pointing it up and down anyway.

The fist is there because the turret is a "gift" from some Fists successor.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I agree, you probably won't even move the turret laterally much, let alone up and down. If its a big deal because you want to be able to swap out the weapons on each side, you can add a second smaller pin above the main one. This stops the sides rotating, but you can still slide them off to swap something else in if you want to.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

crime fighting hog posted:

welp just threw it into the street

Don't mind little slowpoke, he's got tourette's syndrome. What he means to say is that it's an excellent paintjob, but that he would have painted it differently.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

pw pw pw posted:

Don't mind little slowpoke, he's got tourette's syndrome. What he means to say is that it's an excellent paintjob, but that he would have painted it differently.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3210214&pagenumber=304#post389289482

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ah, I see it is my turn to miss a painting/modelling joke. :blush:

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Did some work on my bases for my doom of mylanta and tyrant. Sorry about the narrow focus range.

Does anyone know what the dimensions for the original square bases for the old Screamer Killer carnifex are? I was going to stick him on a large base but I figure I might as well play it safe in case someone blows a gasket about it being on the wrong base.

Milkbags
Mar 7, 2011

by Ozma
Anyone know where I can dig up some papercraft or paper doodads to cut out with cardstock and littler the battlefeild with? Stuff like easy to assemble bunkers or even crates and all that

Acidix
Aug 8, 2007

Milkbags posted:

Anyone know where I can dig up some papercraft or paper doodads to cut out with cardstock and littler the battlefeild with? Stuff like easy to assemble bunkers or even crates and all that

I've never used any of it, but the wargames equivalent of drivethru RPG has a wargames section that sells plans for paper terrain.

The actual terrain (not maps) are pretty cheap
http://www.wargamevault.com/index.php?filters=0_40209_0

This set of walls is only 2 bucks
http://www.wargamevault.com/product_info.php?products_id=87754&filters=0_40209_0

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Milkbags posted:

I think Worldworks Games got either recommended or at least discussed a little in a similar thread. Every time I get tempted into papercraft I think about getting that massive pirate ship or Titan base.

There's also a sword. Ya know, for if you're nerdy enough to want a sword, but too cheap to buy one. Or you mom won't let you have a real one -- especially after the Butter Knife Fiasco.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:siren:Attention Helldiver!:siren:

Your face tutorial is awesome. Is your technique for painting bare skin basically the same? I just got my Catachans for April's oath in the mail today, and I'm lookin' for some pointers :madmax:

Milkbags
Mar 7, 2011

by Ozma

Acidix posted:

I've never used any of it, but the wargames equivalent of drivethru RPG has a wargames section that sells plans for paper terrain.

The actual terrain (not maps) are pretty cheap
http://www.wargamevault.com/index.php?filters=0_40209_0

This set of walls is only 2 bucks
http://www.wargamevault.com/product_info.php?products_id=87754&filters=0_40209_0

This is handy, but I was hoping for stuff cheaper. You know, Free... I know theres a ton of stuff thats probobly easy enough to assemble, but google is failing me on this.

tokyosexwale
Jan 27, 2008

Cthulu Carl posted:

I think Worldworks Games got either recommended or at least discussed a little in a similar thread. Every time I get tempted into papercraft I think about getting that massive pirate ship or Titan base.

There's also a sword. Ya know, for if you're nerdy enough to want a sword, but too cheap to buy one. Or you mom won't let you have a real one -- especially after the Butter Knife Fiasco.

I just wanted to stop in and say this site is loving amazing. Pro-click zone, or all that jazz.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Crossposters gonna crosspost:

Simpo
May 1, 2008

Milkbags posted:

This is handy, but I was hoping for stuff cheaper. You know, Free... I know theres a ton of stuff thats probobly easy enough to assemble, but google is failing me on this.

http://www.goldenboltersociety.com/paperhammer40k

downloads are down the bottom, the templates are a mixed bag, some good, some bad

Milkbags
Mar 7, 2011

by Ozma

Simpo posted:

http://www.goldenboltersociety.com/paperhammer40k

downloads are down the bottom, the templates are a mixed bag, some good, some bad

I think I might have most if not all of theese on my PC. Still, it IS what I am pretty much looking for so thanks anyways

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Following that link, I still have this bad boy lying around, although mine came silver plated, but the backpack & sword aren't glued on. (They're still plated seperately though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

SRM posted:

Crossposters gonna crosspost:
God drat bad rear end.
This is one thing I was actually going to ask my local GW, where to can you pick up some of the Steel Legion models such as the Commissar? I've been making a series of masked up guardsmen and the only model in my army that doesn't have a mask of sorts is the Commissar (I'm using the Krieg forgeworld model for my Lord), where to can you get the models from?

Do love the painted leather there though SRM, very nice stuff.

• Locked thread