Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Wow, that made me wince. I'm still grimacing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Zore posted:

Well that backfired spectacularly Annie.

Like, too much air in a balloon, and then something bad happens...

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Kids these days just wanna sit inside with their video games when they ought to be out catching bugs and building treehouses.

Wood Warder
Mar 5, 2011

Warding off both trees and boners since 1984
I'm 100% sure that this is sincere and that Kat really does need to do the hackings. :colbert:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Annie, there is not an :ughh: emote large enough for what you are doing right now.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Ahaha. How can you stay mad at someone so EARNEST?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Kat is literally becoming a character I do not like in the span of three comics.

Sillipenda
May 22, 2007
Look at that face! Jones is Kat from the future!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Burnings87 posted:

Look at that face! Jones is Kat from the future!

Wait, does that mean Kat is a robot??

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Rei_ posted:

Kat is literally becoming a character I do not like in the span of three comics.

Why? Because she's emotionally drained and not sure whether she's angry or not at Annie and now Annie's trying to make up for a summer of not even writing to her friend with stupid antics?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Why? Because she's emotionally drained and not sure whether she's angry or not at Annie and now Annie's trying to make up for a summer of not even writing to her friend with stupid antics?

Since when can Annie control robots?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Rei_ posted:

Since when can Annie control robots?

Since she was able to ask Robot "hey help me do this thing with Kat"?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Aaah I wanted to see SSJ2 Annie in action. Oh well.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Friday's comic will open with Annie looking dead serious and saying "No Kat you don't understand. I mean it. Robot has turned evil and I need you to perform what you refer to as 'the hacking.'"

(this will not actually happen)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Maybe Robot is actually a jones?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Oh Annie. :(

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Everyone seems to be missing Annie's :krad: parkour moves. Good stuff.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

fritz posted:

Since she was able to ask Robot "hey help me do this thing with Kat"?
Or Robot is an illusion.

It's going to be a little depressing if this chapter's story arc is How Katerina Got Her Groove Back.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Well, maybe Kat would be quicker to engage in a Hug of Reconciliation if Annie didn't smell like a three-weeks-dead deer and have super crusty muddy hippie feet.

Just sayin'.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
I know it's probably been said before but it really looks like Annie has some serious spider eyes possession / lack of sleep thing going on. Which is sorta hinted at in the 4th treatise I guess. She looks like she's at the energetic stage rather than the creepy crazy consipracy stage though.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Oh please, Kat basically said "I'm tired of being friends with the weird kid."
She's in the wrong here. :colbert:

kidcoelacanth posted:

Everyone seems to be missing Annie's :krad: parkour moves. Good stuff.

That was pretty sweet.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I think Kat's on-board with the weird kid. But... well, look at it like this:

Let's say your best friend misses your birthday. You call up and ask what happened. Your friend says they were kidnapped by mutants from a failed and decaying future and spent the week running for their life through the terrorpocalypse.

Next year your friend is missing again. This time you get a story about how they were imprisoned in the heart of a crystal deep beneath the earth and had to escape by finding the one pure note that would shatter it.

The third year the were busy negotiating a treaty between the clouds and the mountains, without which it never would have rained again.

Are you mad at this point? Probably not. Maybe before you got the full explanation. Maybe even after that you were a little resentful, but not really mad, per se. It's not as if you can blame your friend for being kidnapped or trying to save the world. But you still just spent three birthdays alone.

Friendship is a two-way street, but right now Annie and Kat's friendship is mostly one-way. Kat supports Annie, and in return Annie drags her into bizarre life-threatening messes and periodically abandons her when weird poo poo happens in her life. Compare it to another pair of people in the comic: if you have any sense, at some point in the comic's run you have probably thought "Wow, Gamma would be a lot better off if she ditched Zimmy."

Kat's kind of feeling that now, and it's hard to blame her. It's not because she has a problem with Annie so much as that she herself needs a friend who will love and support her, and actually sometimes be around to have fun with. It's not wrong for her to feel that way. Although it is sad to read.

e: typos.

idonotlikepeas fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 17, 2011

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Annie, stop it. Stop all this nonsense.

and put some shoes on

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Shoes would interfere with her earthbending.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

wyoming posted:

Oh please, Kat basically said "I'm tired of being friends with the weird kid."
She's in the wrong here. :colbert:

That's not at all what she said.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Shoes would interfere with her earthbending.

Forestbending.

Coyote would't know what hit him. He's all "yeah I got these little bitches by their strings I'm so smart hahaOH poo poo!" and then Annie goes dark phoenix/keeper of the grove on his mutty little rear end.

Goffer posted:

I know it's probably been said before but it really looks like Annie has some serious spider eyes possession / lack of sleep thing going on. Which is sorta hinted at in the 4th treatise I guess. She looks like she's at the energetic stage rather than the creepy crazy consipracy stage though.

No she's just pretty tired -> http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=848

Ka0 fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 17, 2011

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

"That's the International Hand Symbol for hacking." made me laugh pretty heartily.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I kinda wanna buy an avatar of Kat's :geno: face but I dunno what text I'd put on it.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
His guest strip for gastrophobia is really good. That last panel would make a great avatar.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

HydroChocobo posted:

I kinda wanna buy an avatar of Kat's :geno: face but I dunno what text I'd put on it.

"Magic? This is no place for magic. I'm a woman of science!"

Off of the top of my head. :shobon:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I hope she doesn't become science-jaded, as it happens with young 20-something girls after they realise the true nature of drone laboratory work. I've seen this with my own 2 eyes.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

HydroChocobo posted:

"I sure do love popular band and also popular movie."

"Real slick, Donlan."

"Let me guess what your primary function is."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I'm tempted to get an av of Annie in the last panel with "That's the International Hand Symbol for hacking" for the text.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

HydroChocobo posted:

It's science. I implore you to explain everything.

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡
I will never stop laughing if Robot's current behavior is what that thing does.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

"Set Robot: Zosted (to a power of) 6."

Wood Warder
Mar 5, 2011

Warding off both trees and boners since 1984
Oh man, tomorrow we may get to see Kat do some of the hackings!

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

Ka0 posted:

I hope she doesn't become science-jaded, as it happens with young 20-something girls after they realise the true nature of drone laboratory work. I've seen this with my own 2 eyes.

I don't think that's really a problem in the Gunnerkrigg universe.

Wood Warder posted:

Oh man, tomorrow we may get to see Kat do some of the hackings!

We can only hope!

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

McGravin posted:

I don't think that's really a problem in the Gunnerkrigg universe.

Especially for someone who can just sort of make antigravity machines from whatever's lying around in her spare time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Okay, Annie has been around Coyote for entirely too long.