Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

NattyBo posted:

I'm indifferent about the HR monitors or whatever... clearly they already pedometers on some players for big matches because they give us that "KM run" stat a lot, at least for CL games anyway. It's dumb but TBQH not that big a deal

That's done with cameras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

jyrka posted:

That's done with cameras.

Is it really? That seems fairly complicated compared to just using a simple pedometer

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

NattyBo posted:

Is it really? That seems fairly complicated compared to just using a simple pedometer
If they have a full-pitch view then I imagine there's some software that tracks all the stats together (distance ran, possession, completed passes, etc). That's the only way I can see it being simpler than 22 pedometers. I'd be very surprised if there was someone manually recording all the stats.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Hoops posted:

If they have a full-pitch view then I imagine there's some software that tracks all the stats together (distance ran, possession, completed passes, etc). That's the only way I can see it being simpler than 22 pedometers. I'd be very surprised if there was someone manually recording all the stats.

It is a set of cameras and computers. Seems complicated but the stats don't really have to be incredibly accurate and this is less intrusive.

Paddy Opossum
Jan 28, 2011

by angerbot

ibroxmassive posted:

New England shirt, if only because it's new and shiny.

That's not a New England shirt! This is!

Right now I have Schweinsteiger's world cup 2006 shirt.

Right now I'm debating (in order)...
Roma (Home) - Mexes
Spurs (Home) - Crouch
Liverpool (Home) - Suarez

I'm almost positive I'm gonna go with Mexes.

Wait, is this for real?
http://soccertriads.com/Italian-Teams/AS-Roma/AS-Roma-Home-Jersey-10/11/prod_227.html

That's about 30 USD. That sounds too good to be true.

\/ That didn't happen.

Paddy Opossum fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 14, 2011

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Paddy Opossum posted:

Spurs (Home) - Terry

Um....

edit: haha

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Mar 14, 2011

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Paddy Opossum posted:

Wait, is this for real?
http://soccertriads.com/Italian-Teams/AS-Roma/AS-Roma-Home-Jersey-10/11/prod_227.html

That's about 30 USD. That sounds too good to be true.

\/ That didn't happen.

Soccer Triads stuff isn't legit, but is so close that no one in the US is going to notice

Paddy Opossum
Jan 28, 2011

by angerbot

ibroxmassive posted:

Soccer Triads stuff isn't legit, but is so close that no one in the US is going to notice

Ordering now. God bless America!

Edit: Wait, Do they use the proper font for each team? Roma uses a serif font. If I get "Mexes" in Helvetica, I'm gonna be pissed. Also, it isn't gonna get hosed in the wash is it? If "no," I'm gonna order a bunch of shirts.

Paddy Opossum fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 14, 2011

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Paddy Opossum posted:

Roma (Home) - Mexes

I don't know if it's important to you, but there's a lot of talk of him leaving Roma in the Summer.

Paddy Opossum
Jan 28, 2011

by angerbot

Mickolution posted:

I don't know if it's important to you, but there's a lot of talk of him leaving Roma in the Summer.

Yea, it's a tough choice, but I'd basically be paying the same price as I would pay for a really nice T-shirt. Don't the rumors say he might be going to ACM? I love the Roma shirts but can't stand the ACM ones.

When you put in the name & number, does soccertriads use the proper font?

I will not stand for Helvetica.

I sent them a general inquiry. I'm sure they know to use the proper font. You'd have to be really bootleg status to gently caress up the font.

Edit: OH MY GOD! http://soccertriads.com/Clearance/Liverpool-Home-Kids-Kit-Suarez/prod_339.html

Suarez for 6 quid!

Double Edit: No wonder it's only 6 pounds.

Paddy Opossum fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 14, 2011

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Paddy Opossum posted:

Edit: Wait, Do they use the proper font for each team? Roma uses a serif font. If I get "Mexes" in Helvetica, I'm gonna be pissed. Also, it isn't gonna get hosed in the wash is it? If "no," I'm gonna order a bunch of shirts.

I don't know, ask someone itt who ordered from them, there have been plenty.

Remember that it's something like 4-5 weeks to get your order and they can still be seized by customs (although I think the guy just sends another one if that happens)

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Paddy Opossum posted:

Yea, it's a tough choice, but I'd basically be paying the same price as I would pay for a really nice T-shirt. Don't the rumors say he might be going to ACM? I love the Roma shirts but can't stand the ACM ones.

I will not stand for Helvetica.

He's been linked with a lot of clubs. I don't know who's favourite at the moment, but there was talk of a few English clubs over the window. It wouldn't bother me really, was just saying in case you didn't know.

No idea about the typeface, but I think it's ok. Hadn't heard of them using generic ones. I'm sure someone who's ordered from there will let you know.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Just bought the Liverpool away strip with Suarez on clearance. I love Soccertriads.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Paddy Opossum posted:

FWIW the Barca Messi shirt came in that unique Barca font. But Roma is both unpopular *and* strange in terms of fonts, so I can see why you'd be concerned. I think it's just a risk that you have to take with these kinds of shirts.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mexes's contract with Roma is up in the summer and there are a lot of teams looking to pick him up because a lot of teams are run by infants who have never seen him play and just like his ridiculous hair. So if you're gonna by his shirt buy it now.

Paddy Opossum
Jan 28, 2011

by angerbot

GravityDaemon posted:

just like his ridiculous hair

Yep, the only reason why I like him is because he's mad hot and I love watching him bargain with the officials.

It's like watching a sleazy car salesman.

*Puts arm around the ref's shoulder and starts to walk with a :smug: smile*
"So c-mon now buddy, you aren't gonna give me my 10th red card of the season, are ya?! We cool, right? I mean that guy is a fuckin dick, you know that and I know that. I barely touched him!"

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

GravityDaemon posted:

It is a set of cameras and computers. Seems complicated but the stats don't really have to be incredibly accurate and this is less intrusive.

Very cool, thank you for enlightening me.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Paddy Opossum posted:

My only experience with triads the lettering seemed to be a bit off. If I hadn't lost my USA jersey I'd post a pic for you. :v: It also started to peel off after the first wash. The kits themselves are great though

Paddy Opossum
Jan 28, 2011

by angerbot
Wait, the lettering started to peel? I could deal with having to do a light wash, but I don't wanna bother if the lettering is iron on.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Paddy Opossum posted:

Wait, so it's like iron on lettering? Hell no.

Isn't that how the official ones are too? I've never had a shirt with a name/number on it, but I've seen the presses in shops.

Paddy Opossum
Jan 28, 2011

by angerbot

Mickolution posted:

Isn't that how the official ones are too? I've never had a shirt with a name/number on it, but I've seen the presses in shops.

I dunno, are they? I sort of assumed it was silk screened on.

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!
The back and sometimes the front sponsor are ironed on.

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
My USA and Valencia kits were both perfect and the lettering/numbering was also perfect.

Paddy Opossum
Jan 28, 2011

by angerbot

Grievo posted:

My USA and Valencia kits were both perfect and the lettering/numbering was also perfect.

If you wanted to peel the name off the back with your finger, do you think you would be able to?

Sorry I'm taking this thread to a whole new level. It's just that I only accept the finest of knockoff products.

\/ Because if you could, that would most likely mean it's iron on. I do not want iron on.

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

Paddy Opossum posted:

If you wanted to peel the name off the back with your finger, do you think you would be able to?

No, but why would I want to?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Only children get names on the back of their shirts hth

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:

Bhyo posted:

correct

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

Bhyo posted:

I don't get my own name.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Paddy Opossum posted:

I dunno, are they? I sort of assumed it was silk screened on.

FWIW I bought an expensive Bayern jersey last year in the Allianz-Arena and it was definitely iron on. The Triads Messi seems to be of similar quality.

Ironically, the thing that's peeling the most in my closet is the Bundesliga patch on my authentic Hoffenheim jersey that I got at Rhein-Neckar-Arena.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The bwin logo on one of my Milan kits is peeling off, and I bought it at the club shop. Stim has an official one too, I think, and it came completely off on his.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Even official replica kits just arent designed to be washed and washed and washed.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Bhyo posted:

Even official replica kits just arent designed to be washed and washed and washed.
That's why if you do wash 'em make sure to turn 'em inside out and only let them air dry. I've had multiple kits for many years and washed them this way and never had a number or sponsor come off of any kit.

Paddy Opossum
Jan 28, 2011

by angerbot
Thanks for clearing up my questions regarding quality.

Bhyo posted:

Really? I see college age people/adults all the time with names/numbers on the back of their shirts.

Again, I live in the US if it makes a difference.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
american manchildren? what i never

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Paul Pot posted:

american manchildren? what i never

lmao

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
I didn't see this posted, but I think it's relatively new — Mexico's new away shirt.

Remind you of anything?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

The SARS Volta posted:

I didn't see this posted, but I think it's relatively new — Mexico's new away shirt.

Remind you of anything?

Gonna get Ozil on the back of th-...Mexico, you say? :psyduck:

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Adidas makes nothing but terrible kits these days, jesus. Nike, Umbro and (sometimes) Puma are just far superior, it's unreal.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Germany's, for reference. Just loving lazy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

NattyBo posted:

Adidas makes nothing but terrible kits these days, jesus. Nike, Umbro and (sometimes) Puma are just far superior, it's unreal.

What about the two German ones? Chelsea's home is quite nice too, are all of Real's and Milan's away off the top of my head.