Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Milan's home is sick as well...I think shirt designers peaked last year in general. Haven't been impressed with much at all lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Yeah, the home's quite nice, but most home shirts (especially striped ones) don't change much at all.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Crossposting this:

I've agreed to go to an Irish bar tomorrow and it's St. Patrick's Day. Except I've got nothing decent to wear in green, besides an old undersized Celtic polo. Why not a green football kit?

MLS is on the mind after last night's opener. Seattle debuted some new shirts with awful metallic lines. Last year's looks much better:

Cascadian rival Portland are starting their first MLS season with what is possibly the sharpest looking strip in the league. Hopefully it'll help them find that finishing edge over their rivals to the north. (though Seattle has set the bar very low)

Looking across the pond, we'll skip Chelski's terrible lime green third kit and dive straight into Wolfsburg's away:

Werder Bremen, though, takes the cake with a very sharp creation from Nike. I believe it's a unique style as well--love the contrasting colors and daring designs. As a bonus, you can even get Oezil's name on the back of it.

Team USA watchers will remember Slovenia's kit last year. However, the mental image of lovable loser Charlie Brown does detract from its style:

And of course, what discussion of St. Patrick's Day would be complete without the boys from Eire? I'm personally not a fan of this shirt because their team isn't great--from what I understand, football just isn't as important in the Republic of Ireland relative to the other Home Nations.

I'd feel somewhat subversive sporting this Northern Irish shirt at The Auld Dubliner:

Finally, us Americans always have the option of sporting an NFL jersey. Given the current labor situation, there might not even be 2011 editions to obsolete these ones :)

Mandalay fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 16, 2011

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Mandalay posted:

Team USA watchers will remember Slovakia's kit last year. However, the mental image of lovable loser Charlie Brown does detract from its style:

Slovenia, not Slovakia.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

GravityDaemon posted:

Slovenia, not Slovakia.

whoops, good call.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mandalay posted:

Crossposting this:

I've agreed to go to an Irish bar tomorrow and it's St. Patrick's Day. Except I've got nothing decent to wear in green, besides an old undersized Celtic polo. Why not a green football kit?

MLS is on the mind after last night's opener. Seattle debuted some new shirts with awful metallic lines. Last year's looks much better:

Cascadian rival Portland are starting their first MLS season with what is possibly the sharpest looking strip in the league. Hopefully it'll help them find that finishing edge over their rivals to the north. (though Seattle has set the bar very low)

Looking across the pond, we'll skip Chelski's terrible lime green third kit and dive straight into Wolfsburg's away:

Werder Bremen, though, takes the cake with a very sharp creation from Nike. I believe it's a unique style as well--love the contrasting colors and daring designs. As a bonus, you can even get Oezil's name on the back of it.

Team USA watchers will remember Slovenia's kit last year. However, the mental image of lovable loser Charlie Brown does detract from its style:

And of course, what discussion of St. Patrick's Day would be complete without the boys from Eire? I'm personally not a fan of this shirt because their team isn't great--from what I understand, football just isn't as important in the Republic of Ireland relative to the other Home Nations.

I'd feel somewhat subversive sporting this Northern Irish shirt at The Auld Dubliner:

Finally, us Americans always have the option of sporting an NFL jersey. Given the current labor situation, there might not even be 2011 editions to obsolete these ones :)

Why not get a Celtic one if you insist on being a plastic paddy/club supporter?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Mandalay posted:

Republic of Ireland is not a Home Nation.

Edit: except when they are I guess. It depends on who you ask and what year it is.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 16, 2011

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
Why not get a Celtic jersey if you want to be "Irish"?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I don't actually care about being Irish/Celtic/whatever. But if I don't wear green on St. Patrick's Day, I'm going to get poo poo for it. :shrug:

e: went to two soccer stores over my lunch break, spotted several terrible Thai fakes at one. The other had a nice Mexico 2010 replica for $30...but it's Mexico.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision

Mandalay posted:

I don't actually care about being Irish/Celtic/whatever. But if I don't wear green on St. Patrick's Day, I'm going to get poo poo for it. :shrug:

OMG edit: sure as hell sounds like you want to be "Irish"

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision
Also Celtic is pretty much the de facto Irish club even if it is in Scotland.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
If you want to be an authentic plastic paddy what you really need is an Ireland rugby shirt

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Do away with the silly Celtic or Ireland Rugby team jerseys. Do it right and get this outfit.
http://www.buycostumes.com/Get-Lucky-Leprechaun-Male-Adult-Costume/32125/ProductDetail.aspx

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
What shop can I get France's jersey in Dublin? Football, obviously. My town doesn't have it and I'm too impatient to order online.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision
Hell no, Dublin GAA kit all the way, that will surely let the real Irish people you are on their level.

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

What shop can I get France's jersey in Dublin? Football, obviously. My town doesn't have it and I'm too impatient to order online.

Haha, I don't imagine those would sell very well in Dublin.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Messyass posted:

Haha, I don't imagine those would sell very well in Dublin.

I don't care, I want it!

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Mandalay posted:

Crossposting this:

Are you going to order a shirt and pay for overnight shipping just to have something green to wear on St. Patrick's Day, because dude

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Mandalay posted:

what a terrible kit

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

The SARS Volta posted:

Are you going to order a shirt and pay for overnight shipping just to have something green to wear on St. Patrick's Day, because dude

I just can't believe he's worried about Thai knockoffs and what not when he's overnight shipping a green kit to wear on St. Patty's day while he's more than likely going to puke or spill beer on it :v:

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

The SARS Volta posted:

I was going to Amazon prime something ($4) but originally, but it turns out their selection sucks (again, cheap Mexico jerseys are meh). Worldsoccershop aka Foxsoccershop aka MLSshop will do overnight, but for $29, gently caress it.

Going to check out another local soccer shop tonight. If nothing else, it's been fun finding these random soccer retailers in Southern California. They all seem geared towards soccer moms but I'm hoping to find some neglected treasures on clearance..

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Robert Patrick posted:

what a terrible kit

Yeah, I don't understand why the Republic of Ireland shirt has a sponsor.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Buy a green t-shirt at Walmart. You're welcome.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Sanskrit Scat posted:

I just can't believe he's worried about Thai knockoffs and what not when he's overnight shipping a green kit to wear on St. Patty's day while he's more than likely going to puke or spill beer on it :v:

These were bad knockoffs. Exhibit A: http://www.soccergarage.com/sgbra.html

But the fakes weren't even the worst part of the store. Check out this bullshit:
http://www.soccergarage.com/xara-champion-series-chelsea-jersey-1023-che.html
http://www.soccergarage.com/xara-city-series-los-angeles-soccer-jersey-1018-la.html
http://www.soccergarage.com/xara-mls-new-england-revolution-shirt-1074new.html

:effort:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Mandalay posted:

Finally, us Americans always have the option of sporting an NFL jersey

You also have the option of not all wearing green and running around drinking Guinness and claiming Irish heritage while shouting top o' the mornin' to ya

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

You also have the option of not all wearing green and running around drinking Guinness and claiming Irish heritage while shouting top o' the mornin' to ya

Well that sounds like a terrible idea.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision

wicka posted:

Well that sounds like a terrible idea.

No it isn't actually, maybe it's because I'm modest but making a fool of yourself playing a caricature of an Irishmen isn't something I want people doing about my country every year.

I do not get how the Irish put up with it.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Oh Em Gee posted:

No it isn't actually, maybe it's because I'm modest but making a fool of yourself playing a caricature of an Irishmen isn't something I want people doing about my country every year.

more to the point, how do they put up with having such a bad football team?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Oh Em Gee posted:

Because more people would rather have a good time then get offended over things?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CubanMissile posted:

Because more people would rather have a good time then get offended over things?

Q: Do you guys want to make this holiday arbitrarily revolve around drinking?
A: Yes, of course.

HAIL LORD ZLATAN
Jan 2, 2011
Prolly a bit too late on this but what about this one? Its from the brazilian club Palmeiras

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

GutBomb posted:

Republic of Ireland is not a Home Nation.

Edit: except when they are I guess. It depends on who you ask and what year it is.

Yes they are. We were in the old Home Nations until the 80s. Not certain as to why we stopped taking part, but I assume it was down to security. English hooliganism was at it's worst then and considering what was going on up North, trouble was bound to kick off.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Most sports shops would have a decent selection of jerseys. Elverys are pretty good and the one on Suffolk Street is probably the best bet if you're in the city centre. It's just off Grafton St (one of the main shopping streets) at the Trinity College end. If they don't have it, there's a Nike shop at the opposite end of Grafton Street, across from HMV. There's also a shopping centre at St Stephen's green near there with a couple of sports shops in it. I haven't seen the French shirt around, but I haven't been looking.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I don't care, I want it!

It's 110 Euro, only available on the FFF website from what I could see, and I've no idea on shipping.

And if you're going to get one, get the home goalkeeper. God that kit is good

Paddy Opossum
Jan 28, 2011

by angerbot

NattyBo posted:

Adidas makes nothing but terrible kits these days, jesus. Nike, Umbro and (sometimes) Puma are just far superior, it's unreal.

England:
Kappa = Chav

USA:
Kappa = Bro

Stim
Sep 6, 2006

We are not feeling edgy; the system is feeling nervous.

GravityDaemon posted:

The bwin logo on one of my Milan kits is peeling off, and I bought it at the club shop. Stim has an official one too, I think, and it came completely off on his.

Yep. I have one from 2007/2008 if I remember correctly. It started peeling off after 6 months or so and within a year it looked terrible so I ripped the whole thing off. You can still see the edge of the square they ironed onto the shirt but it actually looks quite nice now.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Brazil's 3rd ?

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Mar 17, 2011

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Mickolution posted:

Yes they are. We were in the old Home Nations until the 80s. Not certain as to why we stopped taking part, but I assume it was down to security. English hooliganism was at it's worst then and considering what was going on up North, trouble was bound to kick off.

Most sports shops would have a decent selection of jerseys. Elverys are pretty good and the one on Suffolk Street is probably the best bet if you're in the city centre. It's just off Grafton St (one of the main shopping streets) at the Trinity College end. If they don't have it, there's a Nike shop at the opposite end of Grafton Street, across from HMV. There's also a shopping centre at St Stephen's green near there with a couple of sports shops in it. I haven't seen the French shirt around, but I haven't been looking.

Thank you my good man. Can't go today, but will check out tomorrow.

drat ibrox, that is better than the home kit

:allears:

Woof! Woof!
Aug 21, 2006

Supporters of whatever they're calling the club this week.

hecko posted:

Brazil's 3rd ?

Wow this is awesome.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

This seems relevant:
Umbro Happy Saint Patrick's Day! To win 1 of 3 Ireland football shirts with @umbro, just RT this message before 5pm today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Currently sporting this for our annual stereotype perpetuating excuse to drink holiday: