Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Phyresis posted:

? Just saw 4 S4s at the local TRU, didn't bother picking them up. I still haven't bought any S3.

Really? Orange bag and box? I haven't heard anything about people finding them yet.

Where are you?

Guess they've started showing up on ebay and in TRUs around the country, according to the thread on FBTB.net. Time to start scouring, I guess!

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monastery Dweller
Jul 13, 2010

Eee-Yup.

InfinEight posted:

Man, total flashback. I think I had one of those sets or a smaller one. I might have some of the parts in one of my boxes.

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

Edit: Nevermind, got series 4 and 5 mixed up....

Series 5 looks great though, that Gladiator is amazing.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Check out Death Springs, my free webcomic updated every Thursday!

Rustie fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Mar 17, 2011

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
'The IAGO thread for fans of IAGO: Making the beast with 2X4 blocks'

Should we all talk like Gilbert Gottfried now? :confused:

I'm hoping I'll get lucky with S4 the way I did with S3; as in they'll actually be available at stores where I live :argh:

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

InfinEight posted:

I'm hoping I'll get lucky with S4 the way I did with S3; as in they'll actually be available at stores where I live :argh:

Speaking of, they have started appearing in the U.S. Like before, at a Fred Meyer in Oregon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wiredforsound23/5533029089/in/pool-lego_set_news

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

InfinEight posted:

You mean you weren't already?

:commissar:
(Formerly Colonial Air Force)

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

InfinEight posted:

I'm hoping they'll show up in Target's Easter section. gently caress paying 4 bucks a pop at TRU.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Colonial Air Force posted:

You mean you weren't already?

You caught me. I just... I was hoping everyone would do it too, so I wouldn't stand out :sigh:

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

InfinEight posted:

My inner Shakespeare nerd is sated.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Flavor Bear posted:

I'm hoping they'll show up in Target's Easter section. gently caress paying 4 bucks a pop at TRU.

They were only $3 each when I was there the other day, which is the new msrp, I think.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Pyroclastic posted:

They were only $3 each when I was there the other day, which is the new msrp, I think.

They have always been a buck more than MSRP at my local TRU.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

There's a big shelf of them at the Bonney Lake Fred Meyer. I'm standing there like a nerd trying to decipher the bumps.

[Edit] Ah, screw this. buying 32 at mostly random

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 17, 2011

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

Pyroclastic posted:

There's a big shelf of them at the Bonney Lake Fred Meyer. I'm standing there like a nerd trying to decipher the bumps.

[Edit] Ah, screw this. buying 32 at mostly random

I found the whole "bump" thing a pain in the butt, its just faster to feel the bags. Once you know what your feeling for, its fairly accurate and I got pretty fast at it.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
The whole bump thing was really inaccurate anyway.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

For some reason, I'm not very good with feeling through bags.
Guess I should've tried harder:
2 hazmat
1 wolfman
6! skaters
2 hockey
2 sailor
3 surfer
2 dwarves
2 soccer
2 ice skater
1 fencer
2 geisha
2 artist
2 franks
2 punk rockers
1 mad scientist
0 warriors

Offering trade! Skaters for warriors, fencers, wolfman, or mad scientist.

I do have a preliminary bump code I can post once I get home. Some bags didn't even have a hint of any bumps! Geisha is very obvious from her kimono block. Surfer's board is very distinct, and the skater should be as well;i was just impatient and stupid for not checking for his board at all.

Got beaten to the punch: http://cf.minifigcollector.com/images/bumpcodes-series4.png

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 17, 2011

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Only place I've seen figs is Urban Outfitters at something ludicrous like $6 each.

Bummer.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I actually wouldn't mind that skater. Unlike the first one, he's got some potentially useful parts.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
I recently ran into Series 2 at a Five Below near me. I haven't gone to any others to see if that's common, but if you missed out on those Spartans the first time, you may still have a chance.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

World record broken!

http://tv.gawker.com/!5783409/amazing-lego-ball-contraption-breaks-world-record

What world record? Dunno.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Series Four is out!

I need the musketeer, guitarist, viking, figure skater and mad scientist. I have extras of the frankenstien, werewolf, soccer coach and sailor.

I also owe someone an elf, so I would like to get one of those as well!

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.
Today I tried my hand at Minimalist Lego Pop Art....

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
While trying to track down these sweet Communist knockoff sets I saw in St. Petersburg years ago, I found this: photos of Lego's Russian corporate office.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
I'm so pumped about this thread. I played with LEGOs for years when I was a kid, and even had a fairly intricate sorting system for size, function, and color. When I moved out, I ensured that all my LEGOs were safely packed away, and that's where they have remained for the past 10+ years. Unfortunately I still don't have the space in my apartment to break out the bricks, but I look forward to the day that I will.

Anyway, I work at a before- and after-school program, so I still get to build things for the kiddies and (mostly) for myself. Here's a few things I made. Keep in mind that the LEGO bins at the sites really only have the bare basics, and I only really have 20-30 minutes at most to build any given model (as I am expected to work at least a little at my job). Accordingly, my MOCs are nowhere near the caliber of excellence that is already present in the thread. Also forgive my cruddy cell phone pics.

Here is my Enterprise A:

From the side

From the front-ish.

And here's my toying with the idea of a "flying aircraft carrier":

From the back.

From the side.

And one (less blurry) from the other side.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Rustie posted:

Edit: Nevermind, got series 4 and 5 mixed up....

Series 5 looks great though, that Gladiator is amazing.

Is this the series that is out now/coming soon? I need like, a dozen Vikings.

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

Well the Hazmat guy is almost inappropriately topical right now.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Paragon8 posted:

Well the Hazmat guy is almost inappropriately topical right now.
TLG did 3/11.
:tinfoil:

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Can someone tell me what is good and just in the world when the Lego Shop only sells some bullcrap Imperial Shuttle, where children can, ahem:
"Transform Anakin™ into Darth Vader™ on Emperor Palpatine’s™ Shuttle!"
Where the gently caress is the Return of the Jedi shuttle? I want to kick George Lucas and each and every last one of his merchandising people in the teeth.

Edit:
I apologize. I know the set. I was quickly outraged that it was not in stock, because it wasn't in Episodes I-VI which should have everything Star Wars, arranged in in-universe chronology. I wasn't aware of how crappy the store-front is. The Lego Shop designers are not spergy enough to me. I had thought they were not even selling the old one.

Papa Was A Video Toaster fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Mar 20, 2011

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Can someone tell me what is good and just in the world when the Lego Shop only sells some bullcrap Imperial Shuttle, where children can, ahem:
"Transform Anakin™ into Darth Vader™ on Emperor Palpatine’s™ Shuttle!"
Where the gently caress is the Return of the Jedi shuttle? I want to kick George Lucas and each and every last one of his merchandising people in the teeth.

I guess you haven't seen this one yet? Sure it's not the most affordable, but still...

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Best birthday ever!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Red_Fred posted:

You could do this with Blacktron helmets, but who would know?

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Don't die, thread :(

What's the deal with the new City space shuttle set?
Is it an exclusive or what? I can't find it in stores.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

I don't really keep up with any lego news/rumor sites or whatever (feel free to suggest a good one!), but does anyone know anything about the next entrant in the "Modular Houses" Creator line? I have the Grand Emporium and Green Grocer, and I'm trying to make myself buy the Fire Station just so I'll have more of a street going, but I can't get too excited about that last one. If there was an even better one coming down the pipe, I'd just wait...

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Transistor Rhythm posted:

I don't really keep up with any lego news/rumor sites or whatever (feel free to suggest a good one!), but does anyone know anything about the next entrant in the "Modular Houses" Creator line? I have the Grand Emporium and Green Grocer, and I'm trying to make myself buy the Fire Station just so I'll have more of a street going, but I can't get too excited about that last one. If there was an even better one coming down the pipe, I'd just wait...

Still no real announcement in the next modular building, other than talk that the release date got shifted from April to August I believe. Also, there is rough speculation that it might be a post office, because people think there's a correlation that carries over from one building to the next. (Green Grocer had a fire hydrant, then we got Fire Brigade. Grand Emporium has a mailbox so... It kind of fails in between there because there isn't really anything that links the Fire Brigade to the Grand Emporium.)

The Fire Brigade isn't one that immediately wows you from looking at its exterior, but once you open it up all the details are what makes this one really cool. The ping pong table, fire pole, rolling garage door, fire truck, and more are all well implemented. I'd say it's easily worth buying.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Flavor Bear posted:

Don't die, thread :(

What's the deal with the new City space shuttle set?
Is it an exclusive or what? I can't find it in stores.

I saw it at a Target over the weekend.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I got the Lunar Limo because of you guys, my first set since I was a kid. It's awesome. I think my favorite detail aside from the space pimp is the license plate, made me laugh a little bit when I saw it on the sticker sheet.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Does the bridge count as a modular building? I mean, it doesn't directly interface with them but it's the same basic style and I assume one could easily work it into a diorama with the other sets

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

ireladd posted:

Still no real announcement in the next modular building, other than talk that the release date got shifted from April to August I believe. Also, there is rough speculation that it might be a post office, because people think there's a correlation that carries over from one building to the next. (Green Grocer had a fire hydrant, then we got Fire Brigade. Grand Emporium has a mailbox so... It kind of fails in between there because there isn't really anything that links the Fire Brigade to the Grand Emporium.)

The Fire Brigade isn't one that immediately wows you from looking at its exterior, but once you open it up all the details are what makes this one really cool. The ping pong table, fire pole, rolling garage door, fire truck, and more are all well implemented. I'd say it's easily worth buying.

That makes sense - although I'm trying to think how to 1930's cute-ify a post office. I'm sure they can do it.

I'm probably going to go ahead and buy the Fire Station because I'll clearly never be able to get Cafe Corner. I'm just having a hard time getting excited enough to drop the $150 on it, because it looks so plain. I've heard that it basically overcompensates with the inside being really totally amazing, though.

Something Witty
Jan 24, 2009
Fun Shoe

Transistor Rhythm posted:

Apparently it's two slimmer buildings, each 16x32, a pet shop and a townhouse. It's pretty much confirmed that it's a pet shop, and somebody has apparently seen it in person. There's speculation here, and this'll probably be one of the first places pictures leak:
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?s=3bc97d7e4f14519738a23bdca13bfe95&showtopic=53113

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Sockser posted:

Does the bridge count as a modular building? I mean, it doesn't directly interface with them but it's the same basic style and I assume one could easily work it into a diorama with the other sets

I love my Tower Bridge. It's an awesome build. It's not to minifig scale, so it doesn't necessarily match the modular buildings in that regard, but if you can disconnect your mind from that fact and just think of it as a small bridge, it totally works. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Here's some lego pictures I've taken during my time in Australia. Not sure how to thumbnail on imgur so I made a gallery:

http://imgur.com/a/CSJTP#5RAld