Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Kelly posted:

Seriously though: how many people actually subscribe to Howard TV? A lot less than those who listen to the radio show. Lisa should ask the questions and Greg can tape her as she interviews them. Problem solved.

Official numbers have never been released the same as almost all PPV entertainment except when it does a astronomical amount of numbers. PPV people don't want you to know how unpopular it actually is.

The number I have always had was around a low six figure mark, with a high turnover rate and low longtime subscribers. Basically they are highly dependent on content and since they are not together enough to produce their own original content they basically hope something big visually happens on the show so folks will want to spend the 20 bucks a month to see it. They are double screwed with the advent of YouTube since any interesting clip is immediately online before they can get their rear end into gear.

If Howard was smart he would have dumped InDemand this contract and gone online with his content. At the very least they should be using YouTube and the like as advertising for Sirius and InDemand. If there was a funny bit on the show, fire it up online that day, throw some advertising on it. At least then they are making a nickel off of the content online instead of Joe Shmoe. Yes, there isn't as much money to be made online right now compared to other media. But guess what in another 5 years or so that is going to change and it is already starting to change. The price the consumer has deemed entertainment to be worth is zero. You either need to figure out how to make money some other way or make a compelling enough product that people will spend money on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Did anyone catch that Norm will be on the show this month? He should just do the same thing he did years ago.

"Hey Howard, I brought a friend with me, you should meet him. He is totally out of control"

In walks Artie.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Djarum posted:

If Howard was smart he would have dumped InDemand this contract and gone online with his content. At the very least they should be using YouTube and the like as advertising for Sirius and InDemand. If there was a funny bit on the show, fire it up online that day, throw some advertising on it. At least then they are making a nickel off of the content online instead of Joe Shmoe. Yes, there isn't as much money to be made online right now compared to other media. But guess what in another 5 years or so that is going to change and it is already starting to change. The price the consumer has deemed entertainment to be worth is zero. You either need to figure out how to make money some other way or make a compelling enough product that people will spend money on it.

This is so true. Sirus already has their own Youtube channel so why not go along with it?

http://www.youtube.com/siriusxm

hypersober
Mar 27, 2006
^^^^ Why would he do that? He's not gonna get any money out of it. :rolleyes:

Ronnie probably now has a separate fridge just to keep his mambo cologne in.

Lisa G is a creepy stalker. I would love Howard and the gang to play a prank on her where he invites her into a room and pretend to come on to her. She'd probably kill herself though.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

Bonzo posted:

This is so true. Sirus already has their own Youtube channel so why not go along with it?

http://www.youtube.com/siriusxm

Steve jobs didn't invent youtube so obviously, it sucks.

E: If they streamed the show live (for pay) they'd have 5-10 million subs overnight.

ChubbyEmoBabe fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 18, 2011

I Am a Keg.
Sep 25, 2008

by T. Finn

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Out of bored curiosity I just checked out Jeff the Drunk's twitter. What a moron.

http://twitter.com/jeffthedrunk1

Any iPhone listeners install the new version of the app? It seems much better than the old one, haven't had many buffering issues since the upgrade.

I'm considering creating a twitter account that just retweets people doing impressions of Jeff the Drunk, reading his tweets.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Marriann from Brooklyn posted:

can someone point me in the right direction to try for aflac ;preety please,, all i need is a chance ,i heve a dream for this voice..

http://twitter.com/MFBrooklyn

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Artie always hit the nail on the head with her. Her poor husband. She spends all her time obsessing over Howard and the show and associates herself with the likes of High Pitch Eric and other scum bag wack packers.
I love the show and everything, but if my spouse was at that level, we would have serious issues.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
My favorite part of yesterdays show was when Mariann called in. As soon as she started talking you could hear everyone in the studio let out a long groan.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Nothing makes me happier than when Howard talks up a song in his WNBC voice (like he did on Thursday with the Elton John/Leon Russell song)

I don't know why but it always makes me grin like an idiot.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

She said that she was working for the ABC News / It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Nothing makes me happier than when Howard talks up a song in his WNBC voice (like he did on Thursday with the Elton John/Leon Russell song)

I don't know why but it always makes me grin like an idiot.

Howard impersonating his parents is probably at the top of my list, but the talk-ups are right behind it (and, tangentially related, the Cousin Brucie voice).

Kt88
Aug 15, 2003

Butthole Prince posted:

Howard impersonating his parents is probably at the top of my list, but the talk-ups are right behind it (and, tangentially related, the Cousin Brucie voice).

Cousin Brucie makes me lose control with laughter. Especially when he puts the huge coliseum reverb on while doing it. The other instant laugh for me is Richard doing the 'Ethel' character. Whoever is on the receiving end of the call inevitably call him 'sir' within seconds.

"I've got one item, it's an item, and another older item..."

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Birthday Cake posted:

My favorite part of yesterdays show was when Mariann called in. As soon as she started talking you could hear everyone in the studio let out a long groan.
The girl who sits an office away actually came in and asked me what was so funny I laughed so loud at that. Of course I couldn't explain. My office might have me committed at some point.

I heard the T-O-P-L-E-S-S call 3 times on the repeat today and I laughed out loud every time. I will still die laughing at that one in 10 years

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
The computer girl who sits in the artie chair is terrible any time they try to extend it past a one-liner. Get someone who can actually type, christ.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Kt88 posted:

Cousin Brucie makes me lose control with laughter. Especially when he puts the huge coliseum reverb on while doing it. The other instant laugh for me is Richard doing the 'Ethel' character. Whoever is on the receiving end of the call inevitably call him 'sir' within seconds.

"I've got one item, it's an item, and another older item..."

do y.. do you want the item yours--
NO I WANT YOU TO SAY WHAT THE ITEM IS OR WE'RE GOING TO END THIS CALL

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Where is the "FIRE" sound clip that they play sometimes originally from?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If it's the clip I think it is it's the one where High Pitch Eric is badly imitating many people in a prank call to Eric the Midget. The FIRE is him pretending to be Artie.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

AltronHGX posted:

If it's the clip I think it is it's the one where High Pitch Eric is badly imitating many people in a prank call to Eric the Midget. The FIRE is him pretending to be Artie.

Yeah that's the one. It was being spammed when they were talking about Lisa and Gregg's fight.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Ribsauce posted:

The girl who sits an office away actually came in and asked me what was so funny I laughed so loud at that. Of course I couldn't explain. My office might have me committed at some point.

I'm so thankful to have 2 other huge Howard fans in my team. It's great to have someone to talk to about the show. Sometimes we'll be listening on our computers with headphones on and you can hear us all laugh at the same time when something hilarious goes down.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Any news on the midget? has he really managed to stay off since December?

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Did anyone catch that Norm will be on the show this month? He should just do the same thing he did years ago.

"Hey Howard, I brought a friend with me, you should meet him. He is totally out of control"

In walks Artie.

Holy poo poo. That would be the best thing ever. I've listened to the first appearance of Artie at least a dozen times - rivals the Ash Wednesday story for best Artie thing.

Stern's literally the only thing that keeps me from going insane at work - I'm in a car half the day with a guy who listens to nothing but jesus-freak radio. Stern in one ear makes it livable. On a side note: gently caress Focus on the Family. gently caress them in their stupid homophobic woman hating asses.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
When was the last time you were with a man?

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!
Never, but 85% of my social circle are gay dudes, strictly because of where I work out.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Bradley Cooper (interviewed last week?) and Renee Zellweger announced that they are broken up. Sort of funny, considering the conversation Howard had with him.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Chinook posted:

Bradley Cooper (interviewed last week?) and Renee Zellweger announced that they are broken up. Sort of funny, considering the conversation Howard had with him.

Howard is free to bang her now since he sat next to her in a beauty salon one time.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Sand Monster posted:

Howard is free to bang her now since he sat next to her in a beauty salon one time.

Ha, Artie thought he had a shot with her too. She must be a real sweet and endearing person in real life.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Chinook posted:

Bradley seemed really, really, REALLY reluctant to confirm anything about her, chances where they had known it was over. He wouldn't even say anything like he loved her. It felt pretty awkward and I think Howard was doing a good job of digging into it, but he kept bouncing back and forth between his father dying and the dude was clearly in shut down mode.

Pretty interesting interview however. Bradley Cooper seems like a great guy, he must be having an amazing life right now.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

What the gently caress are Howard's cousins shilling this time?

edit: Geiger counters? Geez. Talk about taking advantage of people.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Joe Don Baker posted:

They're crazier and more paranoid than Howard could ever hope to be. Even 1000 Rae Sterns couldn't produce this.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

Joe Don Baker posted:

Are these the people who owned the Bee company too? Then they turned it into beezid?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

burmart posted:

Are these the people who owned the Bee company too? Then they turned it into beezid?

Health from the Hive. That's HEALTH from the HIVE.com.

I think it's unrelated to beezid.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

I couldnt even listen to most of that conversation with his cousins.
Its easy to tell people to go out and get all this equipment and eat organic food when you are a millionaire like they all are.
The best part was when the first dude called up to talk to them and the FIRST words out of his cousins mouth are "What do you do for a living"

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
That conversation was maddening. It really made me upset with them spouting all of that non-scientific bullshit. Then an actual nuclear scientist came on to dispute them and no one in the studio gave him the time of day.

I expect this craziness from Robin, but from Howard too...it really put me in a foul mood.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

musclecoder posted:

That conversation was maddening. It really made me upset with them spouting all of that non-scientific bullshit. Then an actual nuclear scientist came on to dispute them and no one in the studio gave him the time of day.

I expect this craziness from Robin, but from Howard too...it really put me in a foul mood.

I remember back at the beginning of the whole Green Drink saga, Lisa G asked if she could have a real Doctor from one of Sirius' talk shows come in and comment on how crazy the diet was. She flat out refused.

It's one thing to have a crazy idea on something but quite another to just shove your fingers in your ears and ignore logic.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Manwithastick posted:

Any news on the midget? has he really managed to stay off since December?

He's been interviewed by Shuli a few times but with nothing coming out of it. I think they cut him loose.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
So this bird lady is the new Little Lupe?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

-Atom- posted:

So this bird lady is the new Little Lupe?

T-O-P-L-E-S-S

Vakal
May 11, 2008
As annoying as Howard has been with the Apple crap lately, I'll take it over Chess chat any day.

Thank god he got bored with that poo poo.

I Am a Keg.
Sep 25, 2008

by T. Finn
http://twitter.com/#!/asktheking/status/49866536432832512

Click-zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
So a caller finally forced Howard to speak frankly about Artie this morning. From what I gathered from it the reason why he isn't going to be on the show is that Howard is so neurotic he doesn't want to be involved or responsible. It is actually a fascinating look into how hosed up Howard's head is.

It started about 10:30ish so it should be popping up on the West Coast feed anytime now.