Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too

Suben posted:

34 organization battle royal from the annual New Year's Eve Japanese indy show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xihyxtqEHQo

Highlights include Daisuke Sekimoto and another dude in a pose-off, Keita Yano as Dark Knight Doink, Jun Kasai, Jaki Numazawa just chillin' out, Poor Chii Tomiya and the Final Surprise Entrant!

And no, Chii's not a kid (she's like 20 or 21). She's just really, really, really short.

Oh man I love it when you post this stuff. Most of them had a prop or weapon when they came to the ring. Was that a stip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Lucasar posted:

Oh man I love it when you post this stuff. Most of them had a prop or weapon when they came to the ring. Was that a stip?

And is a closed fist legal if it's involved in a gay rape?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Lucasar posted:

I'm guessing a lot of them were just goofy gimmick references like Chii having a megaphone because of her tendency to basically banshee shriek. Or Sayaka Obihiro's keyboard probably being a reference to the fact that 19 O'Clock Pro Wrestling (a sub-brand of Ice Ribbon that she was the centerpiece of before her injury) streams their weekly show on Ustream.

Kind of wish the listings in the description were in order of appearance though because even with it I still only knew who a few people were either because I knew them already or they were pretty easy to figure out.

Also Kikutaro filming everything on his phone while wrestling is great.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Suben posted:

Or Sayaka Obihiro's keyboard probably being a reference to the fact that something whatever

Have you ever smacked something heavy with a keyboard? loving keys flying all over the drat place, is what happens. I've never seen anyone use a keyboard as a weapon in a match, but it would be just about the best not-that-damaging signature weapon available. Fuckin keys, flying in every direction. It would look neat on camera.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Pneub posted:

Have you ever smacked something heavy with a keyboard? loving keys flying all over the drat place, is what happens. I've never seen anyone use a keyboard as a weapon in a match, but it would be just about the best not-that-damaging signature weapon available. Fuckin keys, flying in every direction. It would look neat on camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA8HgmQ4pcQ

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Pneub posted:

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

gently caress yeah. Why doesn't this happen in front of nice cameras every once and a while? Not regularly, just when folks really need to get hit in the head with poo poo, what with this PG something ect. ect..

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Keyboards hurt. Some hurt more than others, but if you want the "keys flying everywhere" effect, you've got to really swing it, and it's like being hit in the head with any other fairly solid object.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

C. Everett Koop posted:

Keyboards hurt. Some hurt more than others, but if you want the "keys flying everywhere" effect, you've got to really swing it, and it's like being hit in the head with any other fairly solid object.

It ain't that hard. It would hurt, like, 10% as much as a power bomb.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Right now some kid in a lovely backyard fed is probably legit stabbing someone else in the neck with a shard of glass from a broken light tube while we discuss the safe way to break a keyboard over someones head.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Whoever was taking that beating should have been called up to the big leagues and given the Brooklyn Brawler deal.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Right now some kid in a lovely backyard fed is probably legit stabbing someone else in the neck with a shard of glass from a broken light tube while we discuss the safe way to break a keyboard over someones head.

Alternately, this may or may not ever happen in CZW.

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?
One day, CZW will have a Loaded Gun match where shooting your opponent is legal. I am kinda surprised Japan hasnt thought of it already.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I mentioned this in some thread a loooooooooooong time ago, and someone said they were interested in seeing it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usEQQSy8nGk

IRS' debut. Now, we're all familiar with Irwin R. Schyster. Seen him on tape, DVD, and legends show. Well, in his debut, there was something slightly different about his ring attire. Oh, he still had the tie, suspenders, and dress shirt. But instead of the black pants he would later compete him, for his debut, they were breakaway pants.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

DMPunk posted:

One day, CZW will have a Loaded Gun match where shooting your opponent is legal. I am kinda surprised Japan hasnt thought of it already.

Not quite, but TNA nearly went there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF87BvAzO10

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?

Davros1 posted:

I mentioned this in some thread a loooooooooooong time ago, and someone said they were interested in seeing it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usEQQSy8nGk

IRS' debut. Now, we're all familiar with Irwin R. Schyster. Seen him on tape, DVD, and legends show. Well, in his debut, there was something slightly different about his ring attire. Oh, he still had the tie, suspenders, and dress shirt. But instead of the black pants he would later compete him, for his debut, they were breakaway pants.

his tights were weird. Looks like skinny jeans or something.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Skinty McEdger posted:

Not quite, but TNA nearly went there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF87BvAzO10

Woah - it looks like whoever put together TNA's set from that era was thinking "How can I make this as offensive to the eyes as possible?"

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Man, I forgot how insane the crowd got for New Jack back then.

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnSjkoCin5M

Cena, 16 time world champion! Wooooooo!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

DMPunk posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnSjkoCin5M

Cena, 16 time world champion! Wooooooo!

They said 16 time champion and wikipedia says

quote:

# World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
# World Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Shawn Michaels (1) and Batista (1)
# WWE Championship (7 times)
# WWE Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with David Otunga (1), and The Miz (1)
# WWE United States Championship (3 times)

That's 16 total so I think someone just did some quick wiki-ing before recording that piece.

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Mr. Carlisle posted:

DMPunk posted:

Anything that reduces the number of retarded spotmonkeys and deathmatch idiots in this world is fine by me.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Cheezymadman posted:

Anything that reduces the number of retarded spotmonkeys and deathmatch idiots in this world is fine by me.

I will not be satisfied until they take the audience with them.

CZW crowds are the worst.

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Maxwell Lord posted:

With the exception of Airhorn Guy.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

So how would you rank the crowds for different promotions past and present? Not disagreeing with you but just curious.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

So how would you rank the crowds for different promotions past and present? Not disagreeing with you but just curious.

I haven't studied closely enough, really. What made me say that was first and foremost a video that I think was part of a Botchamania, where CZW decided for once to have a fairly traditional no-props face vs. heel match. It was nothing spectacular, but not bad for low-budget/amateur, went a decent length.

And the audience loving HATES IT. They're SCREAMING. They don't want wrestling at all, they want to see people get busted open. It's like an episode of Spartacus.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Maxwell Lord posted:

I haven't studied closely enough, really. What made me say that was first and foremost a video that I think was part of a Botchamania, where CZW decided for once to have a fairly traditional no-props face vs. heel match. It was nothing spectacular, but not bad for low-budget/amateur, went a decent length.

And the audience loving HATES IT. They're SCREAMING. They don't want wrestling at all, they want to see people get busted open. It's like an episode of Spartacus.

No chant creeps me out in wrestling more than, "WE WANT BLOOD!" which got chanted recently on Victory Road during a First Blood match but it moreso creeps me out when WWE tries to clean up or seal a wound and the crowd chants it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Wasn't CZW the place where that fat idiot started booing the Eddie 10-bell salute?

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Lone Rogue posted:

No chant creeps me out in wrestling more than, "WE WANT BLOOD!" which got chanted recently on Victory Road during a First Blood match but it moreso creeps me out when WWE tries to clean up or seal a wound and the crowd chants it.

Well, to be fair, the First Blood match didn't give any blood.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Lone Rogue posted:

Maybe they just want to see Ric Flair go crazy while they're patching up the guys.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lone Rogue posted:

I will say it seems a bit silly to have a cutman in a supposed grudge match. I don't think guys should bleed all the time, but they shouldn't remove it completely, in my opinion.

Also I don't like Hardcore wrestling much, but New Jack dancing while he brains people with various ridiculous weapons will always always be funny to me.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Lone Rogue posted:

No chant creeps me out in wrestling more than, "WE WANT BLOOD!"

But I just want Ricky Steamboat to run in and armdrag everyone again. :smith:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Also to be fair to CZW, the chump who booed Eddie got tossed, didn't he?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

But I just want Ricky Steamboat to run in and armdrag everyone again. :smith:

I wish we could go back in time and replace Hulk Hogan with RICKY BLOOD, the biggest babyface in WWF history. He armdragged the 7,000 pound Andre the Giant into the abyss, brother! In front of the entire population of Michigan!

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He got banned from CZW shows for life.

He was back in the crowd by Best of The Best next year.

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Skinty McEdger posted:

He got banned from CZW shows for life.

So what was his punishment?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I can't find the video, but as I remember, everyone else remained silent until the 10-bell salute finished, then as soon as the 10th bell hit, they swarmed the guy.

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Cheezymadman posted:

So what was his punishment?

He had to go to IWA:MS shows instead.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Lone Rogue posted:

I was watching Summerslam from 2006. Fans started chanting "WE WANT FIRE".

Scary times.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 20, 2011

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Sir Lemming posted:

I can't find the video, but as I remember, everyone else remained silent until the 10-bell salute finished, then as soon as the 10th bell hit, they swarmed the guy.

There you go. Kingston looks like he wants to kill the guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uh5YoBKX8o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoO3
Dec 30, 2000
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaarFlq36YM

oh piper!

• Locked thread