Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Naky posted:

You're level 28, you're already game breakingly good.

Yeah pretty much. Too bad I took the explorer perk and have explored almost all of the zones, so a replay doesn't seem as appealing.

I never played Fallout3 with the same vigor as NV though, probably because as a fan of FO1 and FO2 then I loving hated the setting.

So in trying to play Fallout3 again (mostly for the DLC stuff I never played), my biggest gripe is the skill checks via dialog. In New Vegas it tells you exactly how high your skill needs to be to pass something, but in FO3 didn't it just give you a percentage? Like if you saved and reloaded you could keep trying?

Is there any mod that switches the FO3 system to the NV one? Or would that be too hard to fix via just a mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I started up New Vegas recently and found that my game crashes almost immediately. I can see the little disclaimer, and occasionally I'll hear the music before the game crashes. FNVedit can find no game breaking conflicts, and the only mod I recall installing recently was The Armory. I just updated my video drivers, so that's not the problem. I'm considering running master update, but I don't know if that'll help. Any advice?

My load order:

FalloutNV.esm
More Perks.esm
GtabImprovedAmmoTFRMaster.esm
CaravanPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
DeadMoney.esm
Ambient Temperature.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
The.Armory.esm
More Perks for Companions.esm
More Traits.esm
PipLantern.esp
CASM.esp
FactionIDCards.esp
New Vegas Map Markers.esp
Sprint Mod.esp
Armor Crafting BETA.esp
TFRAmmo.esp
Geonox_Riot_Armor.esp
Roleplay Start.esp
FNV_MoreVendorCaps.esp
TWO BEARS HIGHFIVING.esp
NWghostbodysuit.esp
PimpMyScarf.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp
WastelandCourier.esp
SunnyCompanion.esp
Unified Backpack Mod.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esp
DYNAVISION - Dynamic Lens Effect.esp
NVC_Misty.esp
DK_in_Lings.esp
NCR Power Armor - Redesign.esp
XFO - 4bb - Perks - Two per level.esp
VyntageCass02.esp
Readius_NV.esp
Realistic_Repair_NV.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackMercenary.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp
Mail Order Catalogs v5.1 WMX.esp
Mail Order Catalogs v5.1.esp
GARU.esp
VendorBulkBuyFixer.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp
VegasOutfits.esp
Gunslinger.esp
hz_SVD.esp
AW50f.esp
epock.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
HUD Extended - Ambient Temperature.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Advanced Recon Range Finder.esp
NVBS.esp
ReworkStuff.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
Level Cap 100.esp
BoostedSkills.esp
More Perks Update.esp
More Perks for Companions Update.esp
More Traits Update.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks - NVSE.esp

Total active plugins: 68
Total plugins: 108

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
^^^If FNVEdit comes up with no conflicts for The Armory it probably isn't the culprit. That being said, if you want to try messing with it, deactivate the Leveled Lists esp first, run it, and then if it still crashes deactivate the ESM. If it's still crashing, it isn't The Armory.

Next from the wonderful minds of Nexus forum posters, DRM for mods to protect your animated furry dong body replacers from evil theft!

At least it was looked at negatively and locked.

Naky fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 20, 2011

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Naky posted:

^^^If FNVEdit comes up with no conflicts for The Armory it probably isn't the culprit. That being said, if you want to try messing with it, deactivate the Leveled Lists esp first, run it, and then if it still crashes deactivate the ESM. If it's still crashing, it isn't The Armory.

Next from the wonderful minds of Nexus forum posters, DRM for mods to protect your animated furry dong body replacers from evil theft!

Yeah, I don't think The Armory has anything to do with it, cause I uninstalled it and the problem persisted. Oh well, time for a full reinstall. :(

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Been working on a little gun

Need to steal a scope off something for it and gently caress with the GECK for awhile before its ready.

edit: also I like the way this guy thinks

Internet Friend fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Mar 20, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Naky posted:

Yeah, I have similar sentiments. DRM for mods? What an awful, poisonous idea. "Let's try and make things more difficult. That way, I can sleep easy knowing that people are still modifying my gecko dongs, but at least I've done something to make myself sleep easy thinking they aren't."

Internet Friend posted:

That is very, very cool. Is this from scratch?

That. That's certainly a thing.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

jeeves posted:

I downloaded the More Perks mod, and immediately picked a perk at level 28 that lets my weapons basically auto-repair themselves using my AP.

It's kind of game breakingly good, and I think I'll need to restore an older save to make sure I don't pick it again, as it is probably too good.

Jury Rigging and Dead Money both make weapon condition pretty much a non-issue.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid
The New Vegas Redesigned link leads to its Nexus page, which has been hidden.

After some searching I found a alternate download for version 1.5. Not sure how recent that is as I just started looking at NV Mods a few minutes ago.

It should be noted though that the site is mostly in French and the download page tends to 404 four times out of five.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Improved Reinforced Chinese Stealth Suit

needs NVSE

download

still in Beta, needs the original
Reinforced Chinese Stealh Suit

I recommend downloading the alternative orginal color scheme, but that's more a personal taste.

Changes from the Original:
The suit feels more like a piece of advanced technology now. It has an internal Energy "reservoir" which discharges with it's several functions but regenerates on it's own. Because I was too lazy for a HUD (yet) the suit broadcasts it's charge as a percent value via message in the upper left corner. I took steps to ensure that It won't spam the player to death and update with a frequency according to how fast the suit is (dis)charging. The original came with several visor masks the PC could wear, with- or without the suit. I changed it so that the visors are only wearable now when you wear both suit and helmet. Their functions are toggleable via hotkey(F10, no matter which one you wear) and draw from the internal reservoir of the suit. The suit also came with a rebreather (which makes the player able to breath underwater) which didn't work correctly because of a bug. I fixed that bug, and the rebreather now also gives some poison resistance when turned on via Hotkey (F11, consumes energy) to simulate air filtering.

The biggest changes I made to the stealth field of the suit. It isn't always active like it was with the original when sneaking, but it's toggleable via hotkey (F12) now. The field behaves a lot differently and might take some getting used to, the hard and fast base rule is that the stealth field depletes the suits energy more the faster you move around. Some actions like jumping or grabbing will deplete the field very quickly. Getting hit or shooting will make the field collapse, draining half the reserves of the suit, so use it to get into a good position and then turn it off. If you move quietly, it'll work quite a while.

I also tweaked a lot of the stats from every item this mod added, making it a lot more in line with vanilla values of the normal chinese stealth suit and tuning down a lot of the values which made the suit very overpowered.

I also added a script which will ask the player at the first start of the game with the plugin active if he wants the items of the plugin added to his inventory. I touched the original Quest of the maker in no way, (Neither have I any idea what it involves) so you can play it if you want to get the suit that way, just answer "No".

known Issues:
Because of the nature of some bugs I encountered, almost the entire logic of the suit is actually seated in a quest script. There's no tracking of individual suits, so no matter which one you equip, they'll always have the same energy reservoir. I took a lot of measures to make it safe to equip the suit on NPCs, but they won't use it's advanced features. I've already thought of several workarounds and things to make this a little more object-oriented, but I'm kind of lazy.

The stealth field also collapses if you take damage from poison, falls or are drowning, because there's no way to find out how someone got injured.. but if these things happen you probably have other problems anyways.

Installation instructions:
First install the original mod, then overwrite it's .esp with the .esp in the zip and you're done.

--

I'll probably upload this soon to the Nexus, but I want to add a few additional mechanics I've thought of first and playtest it a little. Any feedback is appreciated. For interested parties I also commented as much code as I remembered to comment, it could be interesting to read it. Feel free to reuse it in any way you want.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 22, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Internet Friend posted:

Need to steal a scope off something for it and gently caress with the GECK for awhile before its ready.

edit: also I like the way this guy thinks

You! You magnificent bastard! :aaa: I've been wanting a Thompson Center Arms Contender FOREVER. Gimme and I'll finish it.

TheOriginalEd
Oct 29, 2007

Caffeine Transcendent

UnoriginalMind posted:

I loved that gun in the first two game. A shame it doesn't hold up for long in FONV. Coolness factor can only offset the damage for a little while.

I use a mod that renames it the .223 and ups the damage to about equivalent with the 12.7mm. I dont think its all that game breaking since the 12.7 still has a bigger clip. I just love the way the .223 looks and that sexy little sound it makes when you reload.

Burns
May 10, 2008

I'd love to see a mod that does for armor what weapons mods do for weapons. I know there is Tailor Maid, but as I recall from FO3 it only provided a container that allowed you to dress up.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Burns posted:

I'd love to see a mod that does for armor what weapons mods do for weapons. I know there is Tailor Maid, but as I recall from FO3 it only provided a container that allowed you to dress up.

Like having a kevlar vest, adding ceramic plates to it, etc to affect the visual look of it? I'm surprised nobody's done it yet, to be honest.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

So, is there a large difference between Weapon Mods Expanded (WMX) and Weapon Mod Expansion (WME)? Both seem have a similar amount of downloads and endorsements on Nexus and both seem to do same things. Which one should I be getting?

Burns
May 10, 2008

Andrast posted:

So, is there a large difference between Weapon Mods Expanded (WMX) and Weapon Mod Expansion (WME)? Both seem have a similar amount of downloads and endorsements on Nexus and both seem to do same things. Which one should I be getting?

They are about the same. Check compatability with your other mods if you have any.

Naky posted:

Like having a kevlar vest, adding ceramic plates to it, etc to affect the visual look of it? I'm surprised nobody's done it yet, to be honest.

Yeah, something like that. Except not only visual effect but statistical effect - in that instance a few more points of DT.

Or lets say you got your basic Power Armor. Enhance DT with more plating(at expense of being a little slower), enhance speed with new hydraulics (or something), Optics enhancements for helmets?, Improved RAD resistence?, and.. my favourite.. a Y-rack attachment (stealing this poo poo from Starship Troopers book) to allow greater carrying capacity (more heavy ammo?).

To be honest while I like the concept behind having ammo weight in Hardcore mode I'd really like to experiment with having a max capacity for different ammo types based on the type of armor you are wearing and the type of armor mods that are being used (so, like ammo belts, pouches and stuff allow for more ammo capacity, ect).

Burns fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 20, 2011

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Naky posted:

You! You magnificent bastard! :aaa: I've been wanting a Thompson Center Arms Contender FOREVER. Gimme and I'll finish it.

Sure, here's what I have so far if you or anyone else wants to mess with it. It's using the sawed-off reload animation which has some clipping due to how tall the gun is and will probably look awful with a scope, so if you have a better one that would probably be fix #1. Beyond that go nuts.

The .esp in there adds them to a chest by a telephone pole down the hill from Doc's house in Goodsprings. They just have placeholder stats, not balanced or anything.

It's all from scratch so if you want any of the original files to edit just ask. My original plan was to have a "barrel kit" item you could take to a workbench to swap it to whatever caliber you want, I'll cook up a standalone Nexus-friendly version with that feature eventually myself.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Internet Friend posted:

Sure, here's what I have so far if you or anyone else wants to mess with it. It's using the sawed-off reload animation which has some clipping due to how tall the gun is and will probably look awful with a scope, so if you have a better one that would probably be fix #1. Beyond that go nuts.

The .esp in there adds them to a chest by a telephone pole down the hill from Doc's house in Goodsprings. They just have placeholder stats, not balanced or anything.

It's all from scratch so if you want any of the original files to edit just ask. My original plan was to have a "barrel kit" item you could take to a workbench to swap it to whatever caliber you want, I'll cook up a standalone Nexus-friendly version with that feature eventually myself.

Awesome, I shall share the results once I have them. Have you done the ISing yet?

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Naky posted:

Awesome, I shall share the results once I have them. Have you done the ISing yet?

Just real quick, they might need to be moved a little. Also the texture on the front sight could probably use something to make it pop a little better, or the model be thinned up.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Are there compatibility issues between The Armory and Weapon Mod Expansion?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Internet Friend posted:

Just real quick, they might need to be moved a little. Also the texture on the front sight could probably use something to make it pop a little better, or the model be thinned up.

Would it be possible for you to separate the hammer from the grip? I'm working on two separate variations of this - one to work with the SOSG (reloadD) but another to work with the break action pistol (reloadK). If I can get reloadK to work, I can get the hammer to animate too.

edit: awesome, I have it working perfectly with ReloadK, but my inserted bullet is animating in the wrong place... if I can fix that, it's done.

Naky fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 20, 2011

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
Are there "for dummies" instructions on how to merge two conflicting ESMs? I've been running Ling's coiffure, which clearly states is incompatible with other cosmetic mods. So adding New Vegas Redesigned breaks it, which gives me the choice between everyone looking like they have an extra chromosome, or my character looking like a bird just came by and shat on her head. :saddowns:

I wouldn't mind putting the effort of merging what needs to be merged, but so far I haven't managed to do anything using FNVEdit.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Here's an OBJ with the hammer, front and rear sights split off. Just occurred to me at least the rear sight would be removed on a scoped T/C. The .nif is currently scaled down to .8 at the receiver's node, you may have to redo that after importing the new model.

As for the bullet, if you go into the Translation of the shell's NiNode you can move where the shell will animate relative to the player's hands, and the TriStrips' translation to move its starting position before you reload.

Internet Friend fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 20, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Internet Friend posted:

Here's an OBJ with the hammer, front and rear sights split off. Just occurred to me at least the rear sight would be removed on a scoped T/C. The .nif is currently scaled down to .8 at the receiver's node, you may have to redo that after importing the new model.

As for the bullet, if you go into the Translation of the shell's NiNode you can move where the shell will animate relative to the player's hands, and the TriStrips' translation to move its starting position before you reload.

Thanks, and yeah, I've almost got it. She looks pretty amazing right now. I stole a bullet from the Rhino to work with it and it looks pretty sweet when it's all in action.

edit: mediafire's having problems and I can't download it :(

edit2: their link is all messed up, you might have to reup it

Naky fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 20, 2011

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Reuped, this link seems to work: http://www.mediafire.com/?fjqt639be981ewb.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Internet Friend posted:

I love you :3:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Internet Friend posted:

Reuped, this link seems to work: http://www.mediafire.com/?fjqt639be981ewb.

It works, but it doesn't seem to import nicely into Nifskope.

Actually, what I'm going to do is give you what I have so far and let you take over. It's your baby and I don't want to steal your thunder, but I've got it animated pretty nicely and it should be an awesome base to work with from now on. You'll need to relink the texture paths since I altered them to use within my development group, and if you don't have the Rhino gun to link the bullet textures from you'll need to get that too. Use ReloadK in the editor too. Oh, and the sights are still slightly off and the bullet needs to be slightly adjusted too.

edit: I've got a scoped version done now too, but I'm not all that happy with it. Seems so out of place on it, but the one I have right now seems least out of place...

edit2: I now have the IS and bullet location numbers more or less perfect if you want them Internet Friend.

Naky fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 20, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Well, I've taken it as far as I can take it Internet Friend. I separated the hammer and sights from your meshes myself in Lightwave, but every time I export it back as an obj/3ds file, your UV maps are exported EXTREMELY TINY and scaling them in Nifskope isn't working as I'd like. I haven't had this problem before when I fixed other meshes so I'm not sure what's going on. I can re-up what I've got though with the IS fixed and the bullet location issues fixed. Beyond the hammer not animating since it's part of the mesh, she's a fully working gun at this point on my end.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Is there a mod that lets me equip one set of armor (for stats) but have the appearance of another?

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Burns posted:

Or lets say you got your basic Power Armor. Enhance DT with more plating(at expense of being a little slower), enhance speed with new hydraulics (or something), Optics enhancements for helmets?, Improved RAD resistence?, and.. my favourite.. a Y-rack attachment (stealing this poo poo from Starship Troopers book) to allow greater carrying capacity (more heavy ammo?).

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37983

It's only for power armor but it's pretty much exactly what you're describing. I actually refuse to play without this mod.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
http://www.mediafire.com/?b944lkan1aqcjq7

Okay, I'm heading off for a bit, but this is what I got IF. I tried a few different styles of scopes but I like this one best. This one also has pretty much perfect IS and bullet locations too, so if it's any help to ya then there you go. If you need help on the others just lemme know!

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Jan posted:

Are there "for dummies" instructions on how to merge two conflicting ESMs? I've been running Ling's coiffure, which clearly states is incompatible with other cosmetic mods. So adding New Vegas Redesigned breaks it, which gives me the choice between everyone looking like they have an extra chromosome, or my character looking like a bird just came by and shat on her head. :saddowns:

I wouldn't mind putting the effort of merging what needs to be merged, but so far I haven't managed to do anything using FNVEdit.

I kind of sidestepped this by installing Fallout Redesigned, and then just not activating the .esp. The faces all display anyway :lol:

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Flaky posted:

I kind of sidestepped this by installing Fallout Redesigned, and then just not activating the .esp. The faces all display anyway :lol:

This is completely impossible. What must be happening is you are loading a mod with NVR flagged as a parent, which will cause NVR to be loaded anyway upon launch. There are absolutely no changes in the materials that are packaged with NVR that would make changes to the faces in your game without the ESP being loaded.

To the guy who originally posted the question - Ling's and NVR are totally compatible as-is, just load Ling's after NVR in your load order. The overlap between the two mods is virtually non existant since Ling's makes no changes to NPCs.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 21, 2011

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
drat, if I could model and texture I'd make all sorts of stuff, but I'm completely retarded that way, I tried some few years ago but it didn't go well ( to say the least ) I just completely lack talent regarding everything with graphics. I guess programming it is.

I wonder if anyone even tried out the suit yet, I myself didn't even get to play in a few days, I'm not even sure if it has some glaring bug. I'm kinda worried that I nerfed it too hard.

I'd like to make a version of better living through chems which is compatible with Imp's needs but that's probably a Mammoth project. It's funny how I enjoy taking every drug possible in video games where I don't even drink in real life, dunno what that says about me. :v:

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Naky posted:

http://www.mediafire.com/?b944lkan1aqcjq7

Okay, I'm heading off for a bit, but this is what I got IF. I tried a few different styles of scopes but I like this one best. This one also has pretty much perfect IS and bullet locations too, so if it's any help to ya then there you go. If you need help on the others just lemme know!

Thanks for the help out on this; I honestly haven't played this game much and didn't realize there was a break action pistol animation in it already. That'll probably work better than ReloadD on the COP 357 I made awhile back too.

I'm going to have to give the scoped version some love in Max though. While a T/C pistol with a full length rail would be some kind of amazing, it's not how it's done in reality.

edit:

quote:

drat, if I could model and texture I'd make all sorts of stuff, but I'm completely retarded that way, I tried some few years ago but it didn't go well ( to say the least ) I just completely lack talent regarding everything with graphics. I guess programming it is.
I've only been learning for a few months; you should see all the garbage I've made and not posted. Thing is you don't really have to be too creative for this, you just need LOTS of reference photos. There are a huge number of helpful 3D artists out there giving advice too when you get stuck. It's a lot of fun once you get over the initial hump.

Internet Friend fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 21, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Internet Friend posted:

Thanks for the help out on this; I honestly haven't played this game much and didn't realize there was a break action pistol animation in it already. That'll probably work better than ReloadD on the COP 357 I made awhile back too.

I'm going to have to give the scoped version some love in Max though. While a T/C pistol with a full length rail would be some kind of amazing, it's not how it's done in reality.

Yeah, making one might be best. I have several scopes, sights, and holotechs from my pack and honestly none of them really suit it. I even tried a rail-less one and it just looked silly. To be honest, I think a scope in general might be a little much for the gun. I know NOLF had one with a scope but even on that one I thought it looked a little goofy.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Burns posted:

Yeah, something like that. Except not only visual effect but statistical effect - in that instance a few more points of DT.

If the existing 'complete' armors were modded to support it (ie some of the complete outfits also blanked out your extra slots so you can't double your armor), that'd be awesome.

I'd like the idea of having piecemeal leather armor, or your own fashioned-together metal armor. Get down to a workbench, craft some tin cans and scrap metal. Slide those onto your arms, +1 DR!

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Chronojam posted:

If the existing 'complete' armors were modded to support it (ie some of the complete outfits also blanked out your extra slots so you can't double your armor), that'd be awesome.

I'd like the idea of having piecemeal leather armor, or your own fashioned-together metal armor. Get down to a workbench, craft some tin cans and scrap metal. Slide those onto your arms, +1 DR!

It's a neat idea and one I'd help out with on a graphical side but it would require scripting to mimic the weapon mod system.

Pretty much how the weapon mod system was scripted for FO3.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Captain McStabbin posted:

Yeah, I don't think The Armory has anything to do with it, cause I uninstalled it and the problem persisted. Oh well, time for a full reinstall. :(

Dunno what happened with your install but I had the same problem that not even disabling all of my mods would fix. I had to do a full reinstall, but what I think did it to mine was running pre-Dead Money FNVEdit with Dead Money installed. I didn't catch exactly what it did as it scrolled past and didn't think it did anything important so I closed out of FNVEdit and my game was completely broken after that.

edit: Also to reinforce the point, I've tested the Armory extensively alongside my full loadout of mods and by itself. It only adds new items and can't cause stability issues. The optional esps made by Anime Schoolgirl have the potential to, but they are clean mods made almost exclusively in FNVEdit and won't cause crashes either. This isn't like the Project Nevada guys saying "If your game crashes it's not because of our mod that has a poo poo ton of scripting, a good deal of it more than likely being called every frame :smug:". There is honestly nothing about The Armory that will cause instability.

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 21, 2011

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

SheepNameKiller posted:

To the guy who originally posted the question - Ling's and NVR are totally compatible as-is, just load Ling's after NVR in your load order. The overlap between the two mods is virtually non existant since Ling's makes no changes to NPCs.

So I thought as well, but if NVR is loaded, then the hairstyles from Ling's don't load no matter where it is in the load order. It's weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Jan posted:

So I thought as well, but if NVR is loaded, then the hairstyles from Ling's don't load no matter where it is in the load order. It's weird.

That is odd, I don't have any problems with it. It's not difficult to merge the mods in NVEdit by the way, just call open whatever mod is loaded last and uncollapse the race tab. Select each race one at a time and copy over the records that are in yellow from the second to last mod into the last mod (denoted by the columns at the top of your screen). This will make the mod that occurs latter have the first as a master, and contain all the same references. Should work out any conflicts as far as races are concerned.