Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Police Automaton posted:

He posted this in the comments section. I'm confused.

Well, whatever. You gave credit where it was due, probably set the permissions up more or less right, and didn't repost his work - just your own modifications to it. Not like you just re-posted the whole thing seeking to one up him and such, which is probably what he realized later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
For goons that might be interested in this: awesomely enough I got this game to run quite well in Linux (because I got sick of booting back and forth) on an old wine faux-installation I made for oblivion. It's actually running in a state that I consider "playable running" which is not always the case, even if the game got a good rating on the winedb. (People tend to be a bit optimistic there)

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Police Automaton posted:

He posted this in the comments section. I'm confused.

EDIT FOR ACTUAL CONTENT: Oh well, the better. I will probably improve some minor wasteful stuff I saw in the script, put in hotkey remapping and call it a day for now with this suit, I found the message system to be actually more interesting than yet another HUD Item. There are two things I'm thinking about doing, one is a kind of a wounding/disease system for the player character, the other one is a Protecton companion, which I imagine to be an obsolete and refurbished cop unit which was in use around Vegas before the Securitrons showed up. I really prefer New Vegas over FO3, but there's one thing that FO3 did better, and that was robots. The designs where great, and the voices where great, the people who did New Vegas didn't seem to care much about robots in the game (which is kinda funny considering they are a main part of the story) if you ask me, the Securitrons are butt-ugly. I'm not really sure what I'll do yet and there are no ETAs or anything. I'll see.

Strange he acted like a chode when I did something vaguely similar FO3, even before the permissions thing. Oh well, good for you then I guess. Maybe he's being friendly before the mods take it down :tinfoil:

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave
Thanks for releasing the 7zip version, Naky. I tried installing straight from the FOMM Mods folder and no dice. I don't know what the issue is, as the previous version I had worked like a charm. Eagerly anticipating seeing the new progress.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Went to take a screenshot of my pistol and noticed a smoothing error crept into the model at some point, here's a new version that won't have an ugly dark triangle on the side: http://www.mediafire.com/?qt4d5wsmjhg7sh5

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
So I can't play New Vegas without crashing a whole lot. Like, not even five minutes. Is there something in my load order that's screwing it up? I did just reinstall the game, as I just recovered from some computer problems and thought that would help.

Here's my order.

Project Nevada - Core.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
DeadMoney.esm
FalloutNV.esm
NewVegasBounties.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
UHNV.esp
UHNV-Dead Money.esp
Western Sky - Darker Nights.esp
Western Sky.esp

Total active plugins: 10
Total plugins: 10

Maybe something is in the wrong order?

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Darker nights should be below western sky, not above it. You should also ALWAYS be loading FalloutNV.esm first, there's absolutely no reason why it should be loading after mods you've downloaded that edit the base game.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

SheepNameKiller posted:

Darker nights should be below western sky, not above it. You should also ALWAYS be loading FalloutNV.esm first, there's absolutely no reason why it should be loading after mods you've downloaded that edit the base game.

Still crashing pretty bad. Got BOSS to work, and it did as you said. I'm thinking it's not something easily fixed, but here's my load order.

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
UHNV.esp
UHNV-Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
Western Sky.esp
Western Sky - Darker Nights.esp

Total active plugins: 10
Total plugins: 10

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
This might be an obvious question but does it still crash if running with absolutely no mods?

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Jan posted:

This might be an obvious question but does it still crash if running with absolutely no mods?

It almost never used to, but I hadn't considered that. I'll check and post the results.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

I had assumed the answer to this question since you said you reinstalled, but are you playing with an old savegame? These gamebryo games are known to become corrupt and cause crashes upon autosave/quicksave whenever the filesize of the savegame gets too large. This is why people use utilities like CASM to create multiple saves and why mods like ash and goo be gone are so vital to keeping savegame size down, although the problem can only be delayed from happening and isn't 100% avoidable.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
I shut off every mod, with the exception of Project Nevada, which wouldn't shut off for some reason. I imagine I'd have to remove it entirely. Crashed in minutes again anyhow.

Aside from that, what exactly do you mean "old saves"? As in, before the reinstall? Yeah, they all are. Should I look up those mods you mention? I figure crashed aren't entirely avoidable, it's gamebryo after all. But minimizing it would be nice.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

UnoriginalMind posted:

I shut off every mod, with the exception of Project Nevada, which wouldn't shut off for some reason. I imagine I'd have to remove it entirely. Crashed in minutes again anyhow.

Aside from that, what exactly do you mean "old saves"? As in, before the reinstall? Yeah, they all are. Should I look up those mods you mention? I figure crashed aren't entirely avoidable, it's gamebryo after all. But minimizing it would be nice.

Wait, so you're using old saves? Does the game still crash if you start a new game with your fresh install?

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
v1.0 of my scripts for the Reinforced Chinese Stealth Armor are now up on the Nexus.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41028

If no big bugs arise, I'll call it a day with this mod.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GreenBuckanneer posted:

New Vegas is the only fallout I could stomach.

Well up until the game railroads you into a choice of who to support. That's where I stopped playing.

You can choose to support no one and rule by yourself :smug:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Remember folks, Molerat Boobs gets deleted from Nexus without good reason, but STRAP ONS are a perfectly acceptable mod.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Naky posted:

Remember folks, Molerat Boobs gets deleted from Nexus without good reason, but STRAP ONS are a perfectly acceptable mod.

How about a mod that adds strapons to molerats?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Police Automaton posted:

How about a mod that adds strapons to molerats?

This here is a thinkin' man.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You're thinking too small here. What we need are not molerat strapons but deathclaw strapons :rimshot:

A World of Pain can gently caress off until it stops causing constant crashes.

mudcrabs
Dec 30, 2010

by Ozmaugh
How about a mod that adds slof's boners to molerats?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I think a mod that adds anime schoolgirl outfits to Geckos would be pretty faptastic.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

UnoriginalMind posted:

http://www.fookunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3010

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Omnicarus posted:

I think a mod that adds anime schoolgirl outfits to Geckos would be pretty faptastic.

This is the best thing and needs to be done immediately.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I posted this on the Bethsoft forums but that place apparently moves slower than poo poo. That's what I get for not going to goons first, I guess.

FadedReality posted:

I'm having a problem that I'm not sure how to fix. I have some Mr. Gutsys set up at pretty much the opposite end of a cell that the player starts at as far as the path through the cell is concerned, but where layout is concerned they're pretty much in a room right below you. They "see" the player through the walls/floors and come running through the cell, setting off every trap along the way and showing up rubbing shoulders in a hallway. Is there a more efficient solution to this problem than having doors in every door frame or setting up a trigger the player walks through to enable them?

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Wait, so you're using old saves? Does the game still crash if you start a new game with your fresh install?

Yeah. No mods, new game, still crashes. This blows. I was hoping I could blame it on something simple. GAMEBRYO! :argh:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Mr. Crow posted:

This is the best thing and needs to be done immediately.

Gecko Roleplay Multipack. Can't leave those glorious dongs on their own, and the animu outfits won't well it by themselves.

It might be prudent to put "Inspired by <link to strapons> and <link to slofs boners>" to hammer home the point.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

I'm making a mod for Fallout 3 (Because New Vegas is very limited in it's possible settings pretty much right up until the last DLC is released) and am having trouble finding a particular mesh and texture. It's the Adult version of the police hat.
The object itself says the mesh is found under Mesh\Armor\HeadGear\WastelandChild02\HatPoliceAdultversion.NIF (And texture under the related texture folder) but because it was added in a DLC as a resized version of the kids one, it's not actually in Fallout - Meshes.bsa and the three DLC Main.bsas which all added the modified hat don't include it either.

Any ideas where I might find HatPoliceAdultversion.NIF and .DDS?

Urgh why is it that whenever I make these posts I find the solution mere seconds later.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

FadedReality posted:

I posted this on the Bethsoft forums but that place apparently moves slower than poo poo. That's what I get for not going to goons first, I guess.

Sounds like you didn't Navmesh or Finalize it.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Omnicarus posted:

Only if they also have dicks and boobs.

Someone make it happen.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Is the community fix pack still necessary? And is there a way to disable certain fixes within it? I wanted to use the updated SFX mod from the OP but it also includes the distant gun fix, which makes the two of them incompatible.

I also get this really weird distortion with Nevada Skies & URWL version sometimes where the sky texture is all distorted, with this weird wraparound effect. I thought I had a screenshot but apparently not. I'll see if I can replicate it and take one.

Final question: Is there any consensus as to whether Nevada Skies/WeatherMod/URWL is better or worse than Western Skies?

Kaji
Oct 30, 2002

The Crossdressing Cop with the .45
Any word on new DLCs for New Vegas? I'm surprised I haven't heard anything since the lackluster Dead Money.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

They are 3 more at least I believe, but I don't think a when has been established yet.

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009
Dead Money, lackluster? drat son, what ya smokin'?

Anyways, I think it was mentioned somewhere that the release plans for upcoming DLC will be released soon, possibly next week? Not sure where I read it though.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Amorphous Blob posted:

Only if they also have dicks and boobs.

Someone make it happen.

Someone else's turn now.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Stunt Rock posted:

Is the community fix pack still necessary? And is there a way to disable certain fixes within it? I wanted to use the updated SFX mod from the OP but it also includes the distant gun fix, which makes the two of them incompatible.

I also get this really weird distortion with Nevada Skies & URWL version sometimes where the sky texture is all distorted, with this weird wraparound effect. I thought I had a screenshot but apparently not. I'll see if I can replicate it and take one.

Final question: Is there any consensus as to whether Nevada Skies/WeatherMod/URWL is better or worse than Western Skies?

1. The CCP isn't necessary, per say, but I'd say it is nice to have, especially for all of the corrections it makes. Your game won't collapse and die without it, though. I'm pretty sure you can use the CCP and a separate Distant Sound FX / Fix at the same time -- just make sure the separate Distant Sound mod loads after the CCP so it usurps the patch's changes. There currently aren't any ways of cherry picking features from the CCP, short of editing them out with GECK / FNVEdit.

2. The sky distortion seems to be a common issue with weather mods, especially Nevada Skies. Make sure you've downloaded the latest version of the weather mod and are using the appropriate texture packs.

3. I would say that a majority of weather mod users are using some variation of Nevada Skies, rather than Western Skies. They're very similar, in my opinion.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 24, 2011

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Leinadi posted:

Dead Money, lackluster? drat son, what ya smokin'?

Anyways, I think it was mentioned somewhere that the release plans for upcoming DLC will be released soon, possibly next week? Not sure where I read it though.

I'm pretty sure that source was eventually declared unreputable. It has to be soon though because they did say they'd be releasing a few more DLCs in the coming months.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
The hide out mod is completely pimp and I feel like I need to replay the game again now that I found out about it just so I can fill the walls of the armory with weapons instead of having sold them all!

Also Dead Money was pretty fun, except for the weird allusions at the endings about things that have not happened yet (Big Empty, Battle of the Divide). I take it those were shoehorned in to try to get people decided to spend more money on DLC stuff?

Coolio
Nov 5, 2009

by Ozmaugh
It's pretty forced. I don't get why I'm supposed to care about this epic battle that's supposed to happen between me and some dude I know nothing about.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

jeeves posted:

The hide out mod is completely pimp and I feel like I need to replay the game again now that I found out about it just so I can fill the walls of the armory with weapons instead of having sold them all!

Also Dead Money was pretty fun, except for the weird allusions at the endings about things that have not happened yet (Big Empty, Battle of the Divide). I take it those were shoehorned in to try to get people decided to spend more money on DLC stuff?

They can also come up during regular conversations, but yeah, it's hinting at characters' pasts, and the story of the Courier adn Ulysses, which is apparently going to be a big part of one of the future DLCs.

Coolio posted:

It's pretty forced. I don't get why I'm supposed to care about this epic battle that's supposed to happen between me and some dude I know nothing about.

The guy it mentions is the one the dude in Primm tells you about, the one that saw the Courier's name on the list and said "gently caress it, next guy can have it." It's implied that he really hates you! I'm kinda digging it, I want the next couple to tease out a little more backstory, or at least hints about it, now that we've gotten the foreshadowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010

jeeves posted:

I don't think "shoehorned in to get people to spend money" is a fair to put it, even though it will obviously help boost sales. There are a some references to the courier's backstory with Ulysses even in the regular game, so it quite clearly was planned from the start.

I think it's a pretty cool idea, myself, having this overarching storyline that connects all the DLC.

Snicker-Snack fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 24, 2011