Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

drat it, I just bought this! Now Basil's supporting that awesome goatee.

Next page: they make up. One of the problems of releasing a page at a time, is that people will start complaining about the pacing if the action slows down a bit. Me, I'm happy with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
That is a rockin' goatee

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Looks like things will be okay afterall. :unsmith:

Agreeable Employer
Apr 28, 2008

Revolver Bunker posted:

Looks like things will be okay afterall. :unsmith:

Yeah. Until somehow the homework cheating gets spilled.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Why is there even homework copying in the first place?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Insane Totoro posted:

Why is there even homework copying in the first place?

Because Annie didn't want to ask Kat for help.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I'm a little surprised how effective this strategy has been.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Agreeable Employer posted:

That will just end with Kat hitting Annie over the head with a ruler and saying, "Let me show you how it's done."

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Mort, the suicide fairy, Shadow AND the minotaur? If Boxbot shows up, this is the best chapter yet.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Good Citizen posted:

I'm a little surprised how effective this strategy has been.

This is kind of the equivalent of Annie showing up outside of Kat's window with a boombox.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Dodgeball posted:

If Boxbot shows up, this is the best chapter yet.

Pester posted:

This is kind of the equivalent of Annie showing up outside of Kat's window with a boombox.

Boxbot, on Robox, holding a boombox.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Agreeable Employer posted:

Which leads to Kat's tearful confession that she's been copying Robox's homework the whole time.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
It kind of makes sense in a weird way. Annie has gone way past the point where she can possibly imagine that any of these schemes is actually going to fool Kat. (Unless she took some blows to the head while in the forest.) It's almost like she's just being silly at this point. And more importantly, she's registering how important Kat is to her, and if Kat was feeling abandoned earlier that might be a thing.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

idonotlikepeas posted:

It kind of makes sense in a weird way. Annie has gone way past the point where she can possibly imagine that any of these schemes is actually going to fool Kat. (Unless she took some blows to the head while in the forest.) It's almost like she's just being silly at this point. And more importantly, she's registering how important Kat is to her, and if Kat was feeling abandoned earlier that might be a thing.

Yes the joke is when they hang out Kat is always getting dragged into some goofy magic drama by Annie and now here is a whole bunch of goofy magic drama ~just like old times~

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Yes the joke is when they hang out Kat is always getting dragged into some goofy magic drama by Annie and now here is a whole bunch of goofy magic drama ~just like old times~

I don't think Kat has been "dragged" into anything. It's not like she's ever really minded having to help Annie deal with shenanigans. In fact, I'd say she's initiated some of them.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That second to last panel was the greatest thing.

Edit: The names reminded me of the time when admin Ozma got her name changed to Lars Fattington in a namechange thread. Now it's hilarious on its own and because of a very silly and funny bit of SA forum memory.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 24, 2011

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Red is the world's single greatest authority on friendship. She knows what's what.

There's nothing to worry about anymore. Red just fixed everything.

Bats Everywhere
Dec 25, 2010

My Little Pony
I used to wonder
What this shit could be
My Little Pony
Until you all shared
Its magic with me
Oh hey, so I had read through the whole archives of Gunnerkrigg Court like a couple of weeks ago because of a namedrop in the Deegan thread and I've been following it and also this thread ever since. And it's been swell, I gotta say, but I just figured I'd lurk or whatever. But that last strip had Red in it and she is the best character and I am just so ecstatic to see her show up again. I mean I know there's a lot of love for like Boxbot and Robox and whatever but I mean

her hair sticks up.

Look at it.

Bats Everywhere fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Mar 25, 2011

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
A consplishuous noise.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
That is, indeed, the most ominous of splishes.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Splishdemon's gonna come and get her finally! Then it's Annie to the rescue for real this time! And hopefully we'll get to see just how good a genuinely angry Antimony is in combat now.

This is a horrible place for a cliffhanger! Monday needs to hurry and get here, because this is hideous!

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Maybe Annie is throwing the other boot in.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I think I figured out how Annie spent her summer.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Her feet are really sticky, obviously.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Annie got bitten by a forest spider over the summer and now has spider like strength and the ability to shoot webbing and stick to walls. She will spend the next year swinging around the Court fight evil doers all the while posing as a mild manner free lance photographer for the Court's most popular paper, The Royal Court.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Revolver Bunker posted:

Annie got bitten by a forest spider over the summer and now has spider like strength and the ability to shoot webbing and stick to walls. She will spend the next year swinging around the Court fight evil doers all the while posing as a mild manner free lance photographer for the Court's most popular paper, The Royal Court.

Actually, first she has to lose a loved one in order to learn responsibility. Sorry, Kat.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Dodgeball posted:

Actually, first she has to lose a loved one in order to learn responsibility. Sorry, Kat.

Mort's dead, does that count?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Dodgeball posted:

Her mom is dead because of her!

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

run DNC posted:

Her mom is dead because of her!

She must now work hard to prove herself to her estranged dad.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Something for the weekend!

I've added another three chapters' worth of material to the Gunnerkrigg Court (No) Spare Avatars Cupboard, which can now be found here in a handy dandy imgur gallery.

Some highlights, and a Reynard parade:

All free to a good home. :toot:

Amazon Review
Mar 3, 2009

1F YOU B3LI3V3 H4RD 3NOUGH 1N 1M4G1N4RY TH1NGS, TH4T M4K3S TH3M SL1GHTLY L3SS F4K3!
"You figure you've left her hanging long enough."

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Mind in the gutter on this one. Maybe it's just me.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
There's a Kraken in the water.

It is not a friendly Kraken.

(It is actually gruff and worldly and a bit crotchety - but has lots of stories.)

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

(It is actually gruff and worldly and a bit crotchety - but has lots of stories.)

"Crotchety" might be a bad word for it. I'd go with "crabby".

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
That's it. I can see the ending!

Next page, it's Annie hearing Kat screaming and running out. Friday we get an annoyingly cliffhanger-ish shot of Annie preparing to kick rear end. Next week she beats the beast soundly.

The chapter ends with the other students arriving to find a seafood feast waiting for them!

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
It may be a bit crabby but that's just because it is shy, once it gets out of its shell it's quite pleasant actually.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Man, all these slight character changes. I do like Eglamore's new look though.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Oh, I'm sure it's just Mort. He's gotten much better at being scary though, I must admit.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's probably how Annie hitched a ride home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

That is some scary rear end poo poo.