Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Actual gold?

http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1974-BMW-Bavarir-2500-W0QQAdIdZ268418437

Well, mabye not. Hasn't run since 1994. Interesting though.

Crustashio fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Crustashio posted:

Actual gold?

http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1974-BMW-Bavarir-2500-W0QQAdIdZ268418437

Well, mabye not. Hasn't run since 1994. Interesting though.

quote:

stored for the past 20 years in a dry garage
Other than now, which is on the grass and wet.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

slidebite posted:

Other than now, which is on the grass and wet.

It isn't wild grass, and it isn't grown up to the door handles. I'm guessing it hasn't been sitting there.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

SwashedBuckles posted:

Underneath all of that crappy flat black primer is a cavalier. No sir, you may not have $4500 for that

Hey, someone has to pay for that "interior has been painted black and green."

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How does 400$ for a 75 fiat spider that runs sound? I havent seen any pics but is this even worth looking at?

/edit

I usually go for the "if it runs its worth 500$" but just curious if anyone had any other insight

a creepy colon fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 22, 2011

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Limastock posted:

How does 400$ for a 75 fiat spider that runs sound? I havent seen any pics but is this even worth looking at?

It is likely to leave you stranded closer to home than a $5,000 Fiat spider?

/italian reliability joke

If it runs, that is a handsome car for $500 bucks. I would look, but then again, I am not very bright and have thing for lovely convertables.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Limastock posted:

/edit

I usually go for the "if it runs its worth 500$" but just curious if anyone had any other insight

I absolutely adore those cars and have wanted one for a long time. Expect to have to fix everything.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He changed the ad a bit it seems, upped the asking price to 800obo and added some pics:

I definitely dont mind fixing it up, this would be a project car for the most part. I dont expect it to drive me to the shore/work or anything.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

THE PRICE IS PRETTY NEGOTIABLE MAKE ME AN OFFER :byodood:

$7,500 for a 21 year-old Dodge flatbed? Tell me more...

A Benz 300E? $1k down and only 8 more payments of $250 each? Where do I sign?!

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

Those trucks in clean condition are starting to get collectable already. If the transmission was just rebuilt that pretty much eliminates the single unreliable component.

The stack's gotta go.

Edit: http://juneau.craigslist.org/cto/2279860616.html

quote:

2002 Dodge Caravan - $5000 (Juneau/Douglas)

2002 Dodge Caravan SE
3.3L V6
82k miles
Seats 7
Well maintained
Clean inside/out
Runs great
Asking $5000, willing to work with the right buyer
For serious offers, email at link above and I'll respond with personal email or cell phone.

Thanks
Ryan

Of course it's clean. You took your photos at the car wash.

Advent Horizon fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Mar 22, 2011

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Man, I really want this car.
http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/cto/2273889067.html

quote:

1972 cutlass it has a 71 455 has a cam roller rockers has a new tranny new tires, Has
a new fuel pump new HEI dis. Carb. Just rebuilt, B&M shfter Blaupunkt stereo and Amp.
posi rear end, line lock only bad thing is the color but its great for cruse nights or
weekend car shows looking to get $4600.OBRO. Have more than that into it come look at it
and make me a offer. Would ne interested in a trade,Pickup 1998 or newer or a nice crusing bike for the
same value .

That zazzle under the hood is perhaps one of the finest FUUUUCK YOUs I've ever seen.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Really not too bad. Shame about the paint job though.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
That is awesome just for the 80's paint job.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Armyman25 posted:

Really not too bad. Shame about the paint job though.

I would drive that everywhere with the paint just like it is. :colbert:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

kimbo305 posted:

That zazzle under the hood is perhaps one of the finest FUUUUCK YOUs I've ever seen.

Does it come with a matching Trapper Keeper?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
When I look at it I see the paintjob of a Chevy Beretta.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
As an past owner of an Indy Beretta i can see the resemblance. I would love to own another Indy Beretta in yellow or teal but they are impossible to find around here. You can't find a GTU or a GTZ either, not to mention the Z26. In other words finding a clean Beretta in NE Ohio is like waking up and finding you have two assholes, it just doesn't happen.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

kimbo305 posted:

This paint is so 80s you probably need to wear Zubaz pants just to be allowed to sit in the car.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

el topo posted:

This paint is so 80s you probably need to wear Zubaz pants just to be allowed to sit in the car.
And a girlfriend with big hair and shoulder pads

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/2280918621.html

1958 International Harvester Metro Panel Truck RARE $950 posted:

Date: 2011-03-22, 9:20PM EDT

I am re-posting my panel truck. I have been debating selling it or keeping it to restore, but I am in pretty bad need of some money so it's up at a very very low price.

1958 International Harvester Metro Panel Truck
Needs restored to be very nice, but it is very very solid and restorable

Inline gasoline engine, manual trans, factory dually rear
has 2 blind rear doors

Has been sitting for a while so it is not currently running, but was told it ran when put away

There is NO TITLE for the vehicle at this time.... i have taken that into account in the price already

NADA Classic Vehicle Blue Book for this truck is 4-6 thousand as it sits

Need it gone ASAP
Pick up by this weekend

Sean

May take a trade if its something I can sell, or replace something of mine to sell
Cars, electronics, music equipment, etc

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

Toucan Sam posted:

In other words finding a clean Beretta in NE Ohio is like waking up and finding you have two assholes, it just doesn't happen.

One of my friends had that happen. He had to have what I'm sure wasn't a comfortable surgery.

:nws: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilonidal_cyst :nws:

There is still hope for your Beretta.

On a side note, after that surgery was the only time I can remember another friend ever cleaning out his car. We were all riding around when the alarming statement was made that cyst-boy had lost his maxi pad and couldn't find it amongst the Mountain Dew cans.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Toucan Sam posted:

As an past owner of an Indy Beretta i can see the resemblance. I would love to own another Indy Beretta in yellow or teal but they are impossible to find around here. You can't find a GTU or a GTZ either, not to mention the Z26. In other words finding a clean Beretta in NE Ohio is like waking up and finding you have two assholes, it just doesn't happen.

When you buy a Chevy Beretta, it comes with a meth habit, so of course they don't stay clean.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

VideoTapir posted:

When you buy a Chevy Beretta, it comes with a meth habit, so of course they don't stay clean.

This also applies to Pontiac Sunbirds.

edit

some content

1995 Civic Hatchback - $4500
You can always tell the people that feel they are doing you a favor by selling their car to you.

Bagged and Body Dropped Ford F150
Pretty ugly and generic exterior for such a heavily modified F-series.

Top Drive Hunting Truck - $12000
That's more like it.

97 lexus on blades,lambo doors,slab - $3000
Oh wow, why?

Convertiblle Cadillac
Check out the keywords, got a few odd ones in there.

$1500 obo nego.. 79 2 door caprice landu..slant back window.donk.slab. - $1500
Bit of an editing problem with this listing.

Slab donk in tha makin roadmaster - $2200
Whole lotta information here.

Ok, one more

Subaru - $1350
Arguably less info than that Roadmaster.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Mar 23, 2011

Grimster
May 15, 2004

you suck

You Am I posted:

And a girlfriend with big hair and shoulder pads

Hell yes, just don't tell my wife.

In all seriousness if that car were nearby I would definitely go look at it, I'd drive the wheels off that thing. As a teenager of the 80's that kind of paintjob (on a mini truck) was what I lusted after. On a badass big block car? Colorful icing on my gas guzzling cake.

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.
Oh look, yet another joker who thinks their half-a-zillion mile E30 is worth 3x more than the book value.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2281254700.html

listing posted:

new engine with 90k

That's an odd take on the meaning of the word "new". :crossarms:

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
http://bham.craigslist.org/cto/2228098665.html

quote:

1970 Opel 1900 Series
Great car, you get lots of looks with the custom paint job on it. I am the second owner of the car, it has 23,000 original miles. Automatic transmition, clean interior. I did all the work on the car myself, needs alittle tlc. Its been garage kept until recently.
Call me with any questions, Andy 205-xxx-4444 PLEASE CALL ME AFTER 5pm
I do not have voice mail on the phone number listed above.
Call 205-xxx-2359 to leave a message on my wife's phone.

:stare:

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Does it come with two scoops of raisins?

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

McMadCow posted:

Hey, it wasn't in the car before so it's new to it.

This does raise a question though. Why in God's name would you disclose that you managed to gently caress up the old engine badly enough that it had to be replaced?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Lyesh posted:

This does raise a question though. Why in God's name would you disclose that you managed to gently caress up the old engine badly enough that it had to be replaced?

It's not always bad. If the engine wasn't great from the factory (reliability, longevitiy issues), at high miles, I'd be fine with seeing a younger engine swapped in.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

gently caress. Yes.

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

kimbo305 posted:

It's not always bad. If the engine wasn't great from the factory (reliability, longevitiy issues), at high miles, I'd be fine with seeing a younger engine swapped in.

Except isn't the M20 reliable as all hell as long as you maintain it? (Emphasis on the "maintain it" part)

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

heat posted:

Except isn't the M20 reliable as all hell as long as you maintain it? (Emphasis on the "maintain it" part)

Yeah, for the E30, it might not be the best sign. When I say not always, I'm talking about Craiglist used cars.

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

McMadCow posted:

Oh look, yet another joker who thinks their half-a-zillion mile E30 is worth 3x more than the book value.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2281254700.html

It does look really clean, though. Is $3700 really overpriced for a car that clean?

Keep in mind that I live in the rust belt and cars with no rust and no paint damage from road debris command a premium here.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

SwashedBuckles posted:

It does look really clean, though. Is $3700 really overpriced for a car that clean?

Keep in mind that I live in the rust belt and cars with no rust and no paint damage from road debris command a premium here.

For a 4 door 318i it's clean enough, but with those wheels and the other little things you notice on it, it's not that nice.

In California I think you can pick up a lot nicer 325 instead.

In the midwest, at MOST $3k. I could sell my 4door 318i with LSD, E36 rack, all maintenance records could go for $3k.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

heat posted:

That's an M42.

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

SwashedBuckles posted:

It's overpriced in the Bay Area, yeah. Since he didn't give the mileage in the ad, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed it was a clean title and ONLY has 200K on the clock. According to KBB, that should be worth $1350. You're right about it being exceptionally clean, and I would definitely pay more than that if it really is as nice as the guy says. But almost 3 times as much? Not a chance. I got my first E30 here (89 325i with 150K) for $1700. It wasn't as nice as this, but it was still pretty drat good.

I sent the guy an email asking for the mileage and the VIN. Haven't heard back from him yet, shockingly enough. I'm in the market right now and I'm genuinely interested in this, but I don't think the guy is going to listen to reason. He's certainly not the first that thinks theirs is the golden example that shines above the rest.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Sir Tonk posted:

Huh. Knew I recognized this truck, it was in an issue of Street Trucks that I have lying around here somewhere. Somewhat surprised to see it listed on Craigslist.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Sir Tonk posted:

I guess I'm officially old when I see "bagged" in a used car ad as a good adjective and not meaning been driven incredibly hard for years. :(

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

Crustashio posted:

That's an M42.

Yeah I somehow failed to notice the 18 after the 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

I just heard back from the guy with the 318. It has 175K on the chassis, so that's a nice surprise. Still though, according to KBB, it's worth $1185 in EX condition, which only 5% of cars actually live up to. I told him I'm interested, and I'm willing to talk about his pricing, but I don't see him rejoining reality any time soon...