Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
The old 6080 King's Castle in 6x scale:

And it's made of 6x-sized pieces, of course.

More

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Shuppiluliumas posted:

The old 6080 King's Castle in 6x scale:

And it's made of 6x-sized pieces, of course.

More

Someday someone will make a 6X scale version of that 6X scale model. The mind boggles. :psyduck:

Sair
May 11, 2007

3D printing gets cheaper every day.

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!
Series 4 figs are out and about in Tescos in the UK by the looks of it. No idea where else has them though, none in WHSmith when I checked.

Loving the Frankenstien Monster and The Hazmat Guy. The skater is super dull though, and the board is bigger than he is so looks kinda dumb.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah I got some on Monday from Sainsburys, got the Hazmat dude and the Sailor. What I love about these figures is when you get one you didn't want you groan but then take a closer look and see some of the cool little details like a facial expression or something and realise they're pretty nifty.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

thebardyspoon posted:

Yeah I got some on Monday from Sainsburys, got the Hazmat dude and the Sailor. What I love about these figures is when you get one you didn't want you groan but then take a closer look and see some of the cool little details like a facial expression or something and realise they're pretty nifty.

Except with the loving race car driver from series 3. That guy has no redeeming qualities.

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!

Flavor Bear posted:

Except with the loving race car driver from series 3. That guy has no redeeming qualities.

Ha, yeah I got one of those today. He seems like something I used to have loads of from random sets. Same with the skater, aside from the board I can see him being with any old lego city thing.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Flavor Bear posted:

I will often just ask for a random fig when I am at the Lego store. I have gotten about 7 or 8 race car drivers. None of them were intentional.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Shuppiluliumas posted:

I will often just ask for a random fig when I am at the Lego store. I have gotten about 7 or 8 race car drivers. None of them were intentional.

I got five of them. At once. And three mummies. Out of ten packs.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Flavor Bear posted:

At least he came with a nice piece of hair I didn't have.

Joudas
Sep 29, 2005

Now here's a kid who's whole world got all twisted,
leaving him stranded on a rock in the sky...
Series 3 was pretty bad for that, or maybe it was just me. I got a poo poo load of cops, baywatch chicks and driver guys.

Kaji
Oct 30, 2002

The Crossdressing Cop with the .45
Is there a specific name for the nubs and holes on a block?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

studs.

and uh..... not-studs?

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I believe the scientific name for it is a hole.

King Faraday
May 22, 2009

Flavor Bear posted:

I bought this guy specifically the other day.
I think he looks like a happy like Schumacher. Not to mention I'm a bitch for anything with OCTAN on it.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Kaji posted:

Is there a specific name for the nubs and holes on a block?

You'll hear the undersides referred to as antistuds sometimes.

sc0ticus
Apr 16, 2005
hey skin like a doll
Does anyone know where to get the mini star wars kits in the U.S.?

Like here,
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...54VX5BRY5S1QF4V

I've looked at my local LEGO store, but haven't been able to find it.

Also, if I really wanted say the UCS Millenium Falcon or the large Star Destroyer, do I have any hope of getting them for less than the ridiculous 300% markup on Amazon?

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

sc0ticus posted:

Like here,

Also, if I really wanted say the UCS Millenium Falcon or the large Star Destroyer, do I have any hope of getting them for less than the ridiculous 300% markup on Amazon?

Target has the baggies in their Easter section. Right now I can get the X-wing and Tie Fighter.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

sc0ticus posted:

Like here,

I've seen the mini sets at Target and some, though not the x-wing specifically, at Five Below.

I don't really know about the UCS sets. The Star Destroyer has been expensive for a long time, so I don't expect the Falcon to get cheap any time soon. Thanks to the internet, basically anyone who has one will know what it's worth and will want a fortune for it.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Shuppiluliumas posted:

Thanks to the internet, basically anyone who has one will know what it's worth and will want a fortune for it.

This basically applies to EVERYTHING these days. I remember back in the day when you could go to a yard sale and see people getting rid of a poo poo ton of awesome stuff for 10% of what it was worth. These days everyone knows what people will pay for obscure poo poo.

Hell, you can't even find broken or incomplete things anymore, from toys to electronics to anything else. People know that if they spend a bit of time scrounging for parts to fix their broken poo poo they can get a small fortune for it.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Target has the baggies in their Easter section. Right now I can get the X-wing and Tie Fighter.

Also in Walmart easter section.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Captain Duvel posted:

Also in Walmart easter section.

Haven't seen them in mine, just little vehicle building sets in those plastic cases.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

My target has three bag sets right now, a Mini AT-ST which uses some really shoddy building techniques for an official lego product, City mini-fire dude go-kart, thing

and some Atlantis crab thing.

The AT-ST is pretty neat, I guess. Just that it sits on my desk at work and people come by and touch it and the thing goes to pieces

e: Not Atlantis. vvvv that thing. Looked like crap.

Sockser fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 24, 2011

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

My Target also had some kind of little Ninjago thing with a red ninja and a weird little dragon-phoenix thing. Still no Series 4 though.

sc0ticus
Apr 16, 2005
hey skin like a doll

Shuppiluliumas posted:

I've seen the mini sets at Target and some, though not the x-wing specifically, at Five Below.

I don't really know about the UCS sets. The Star Destroyer has been expensive for a long time, so I don't expect the Falcon to get cheap any time soon. Thanks to the internet, basically anyone who has one will know what it's worth and will want a fortune for it.

OK, I saw the TIE and X-wing at Walmart, looks like they're little gifts unbecoming of the LEGO store. That really stinks about the special ones. I missed them by a couple years and now it's forever gone...

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Saint Sputnik posted:

While trying to track down these sweet Communist knockoff sets I saw in St. Petersburg years ago, I found this: photos of Lego's Russian corporate office.

In Russia you build for the party! :commissar: That looks like an awesome place to work, and I especially love this:

I saw the earlier pics for this awhile ago, and it looks like he's going for a full build.

He's gonna go bankrupt buying enough purple.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

InfinEight posted:

In Russia you build for the party! :commissar: That looks like an awesome place to work, and I especially love this:

I saw the earlier pics for this awhile ago, and it looks like he's going for a full build.

He's gonna go bankrupt buying enough purple.

Jesus. Years ago, a friend and I built a ~3 foot tall fully-articulated Eva skeleton, but back then purple wasn't even an option for the armor. I've always wanted to go back to that, but I still wouldn't build Unit 01.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andertoons-cartoons/collections/72157621953646058/

These are fancy and cute, and as far as I know haven't hit TBB yet.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tanith posted:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andertoons-cartoons/collections/72157621953646058/

These are fancy and cute, and as far as I know haven't hit TBB yet.

Man, for a second there I thought Nnenn had risen from his grave to resume building awesome spaceships. :smith:

Stevoh
Feb 17, 2011
Is there a link for that Eva build?

Also, Shuppiluliumas do you have any pics of your friend's Eva? I have always wondered how an accurate Eva would look like in Lego.

Here is some content, something I have been working on. A fully articulate Hammerhead battleship:haw:

Gonna cost a pretty penny when done.

Stevoh fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Mar 25, 2011

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Rumour has it that a few big sets are being discontinued. LEGO's store shows Available Now, but who knows.

http://toysnbricks.com/home/2011-discontinued-lego-death-star-emerald-night-more/

Discontinued LEGO Sets

* Castle Medieval Market Village (MSRP: $99.99)
* Instock for MSRP! Creator Emerald Night (MSRP: $99.99)
* Instock for MSRP! Star Wars Death Star (MSRP: $399.99)
* Star Wars Battle of Endor (MSRP: $99.99)

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
So Tech Republic put together some pictures from "Brickworld Indy 2011": http://www.techrepublic.com/photos/lego-fun-at-brickworld-indy-2011/6204525?tag=thumbnail-view-selector;get-photo-roto

Some are the new sets that we've seen already but there are a few gems in there.

A cool stadium:

Maybe my favorite from this lot:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Boru posted:

Maybe my favorite from this lot:

I like the circular saw in the background, very ingenious:

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Stevoh posted:

Also, Shuppiluliumas do you have any pics of your friend's Eva? I have always wondered how an accurate Eva would look like in Lego.

Here is some content, something I have been working on. A fully articulate Hammerhead battleship:haw:

Whoops, sorry about that, I usually post it: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=209366
That battleship looks like a pretty involved build, is it based on something I'm missing?

I finished a glut of sorting last night to clean out one of my tubs of mixed stuff:

Holy gently caress, I have a lot of wheels. I could make a convincing used tire dump:

Anyway, now all I have left is-

Oh gently caress this :suicide: Anyone want a pile of lego for $1000? (Of course I'm kidding, don't seriously offer me money.)
Maybe I should go back to sorting by color :twisted:

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

PeePot posted:

Rumour has it that a few big sets are being discontinued. LEGO's store shows Available Now, but who knows.

http://toysnbricks.com/home/2011-discontinued-lego-death-star-emerald-night-more/

Discontinued LEGO Sets

Man, I got my MMV right in time.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Stevoh posted:

I don't have any pictures of it, I'm afraid. It was something like 10 years ago now. It was just a technic skeleton, anyway, designed to have all the correct articulation points. We gave up on it back then because the old Technic motors couldn't handle the weight. The reason I kind of want to try again is that Power Functions motors are much more powerful and might be able to get those arms moving. I think I may have posted about it before in here, but the idea was to mimic the way the Perfect Grade model Eva was constructed, with armor plates on top of an internal skeleton. I like the one posted in here, though, because it looks roughly minifig scale, which would be cool.

And do tell more about this battleship. I'm unfamiliar with it. It certainly looks impressive so far.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I just picked up an Emerald Night in case those rumors are true. I always thought it was neat but I never pulled the trigger. I still have so many sets to build, but I guess that's not a bad thing.

sc0ticus
Apr 16, 2005
hey skin like a doll

PeePot posted:

Discontinued LEGO Sets

Arrrggh, just bought the Endor set. And Slave 1 on sale at Amazon. And midi star-destoyer also on sale. And the Star Wars lego book also on sale. But forget the death star. That's crazy talk. (And who would want to play with their legos anyways. I want models!)

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
The Lego Store pick-a-fig area has Series 1 minifigure parts in it now. For those who don't know, Lego Stores have an area with little bins of minifigure parts where you can assemble 3 figures (legs, torso, head, hair and one accessory) for $9.99. Normally this kinda sucks, because they've had the same parts for like 3 years, but recently they started to get in some new stuff. Just this week they got Series 1 parts. I found complete clowns, magicians and forestmen. I didn't see the accessories, but all the other parts were there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevoh
Feb 17, 2011

Shuppiluliumas posted:

I don't have any pictures of it, I'm afraid. It was something like 10 years ago now. It was just a technic skeleton, anyway, designed to have all the correct articulation points. We gave up on it back then because the old Technic motors couldn't handle the weight. The reason I kind of want to try again is that Power Functions motors are much more powerful and might be able to get those arms moving. I think I may have posted about it before in here, but the idea was to mimic the way the Perfect Grade model Eva was constructed, with armor plates on top of an internal skeleton. I like the one posted in here, though, because it looks roughly minifig scale, which would be cool.

And do tell more about this battleship. I'm unfamiliar with it. It certainly looks impressive so far.

Ha ha, I have a Perfect Grade Eva 01 that has been under my bed for about a decade. One day I will build it. I'm curious if that Eva 01 will need bracing though when finished. I'm very curious how he will do the torso/torso plates. Was your guys' skeleton about the same size?

Also that would be neat if he makes a spine plug thing(I should know what these are called I was a huge Eva fan)for a minifig. Looking at the link InfinEight posted he did a really good job so far.

Also the Hammerhead was started last year while messing around in the new LDD. The curved pieces on the head spurred me to make a hammer head. At first it was supposed to be a sub, but I decided a "space"ship would allow me more freedom. I will be honest this is my first "ship" especially of this scale so my techniques are limited. I'm learning as I go. It should be two levels, with 5 separate articulate pieces(head with moveable jaws, torso, torso 2, tail, tail fin). The other fins will be stationary. It's for this guys(made the head before I even knew about these guys just my luck!):

The limit of my MOCing:

My car:

Both seat two minfigs and have opening trunks, hoods, and doors. Not exactly minifig scale, it is so hard to make 2 seater cars that look like cars.

EDIT: I should mention, this thread and the last one is what got me back into Lego and made me sign up for somethingawful. Thanks fellas!

Stevoh fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 26, 2011