Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Mine GO BOOM posted:

Not having this issue, but it seems like it might be that your cache mount maybe full, and it is having difficulty figuring out what to move out of the way. Next time this happens, try flushing your browser's cache and see if that clears it up. If so, report it as a bug to CM.

Does clearing the browser cache clear out saved passwords?

edit: just tried it. It does not clear saved passwords. We'll see if this helps w/ that on my G2.. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilocity
Jul 6, 2004

a simple trap in a dark corner of the mind, and their nightmares catch up with them

travisray2004 posted:

I had this problem once and simply updating to another version or changing versions then updating to the absolute latest usually worked for me.

or if it comes down to it, try locating a CW update image for your phone and then update it via HBOOT

You don't happen to have any insight into the opposite condition, do you? My rom manager (free, if it matters) says I can update to 3.0.0.5, and that my current version is 2.5.1.3. My recovery says it's 3.0.0.5 already. I don't care that much as my recovery is working fine but I was wondering about the odds of wrecking my poo poo by telling rom manager to update.

Edit: G2 on T-mobile running CM7 rc2 build...20 something.

evilocity fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 24, 2011

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Godzilla07 posted:

Since this might be a CM7-related issue, posting it here. I can't update more than 2 apps at a time for some odd reason. I get a "Not enough memory" error, when I've got 800 MB of internal storage left for apps. Anyone else have this?

How much space do you have on the SD card?

I've had the same message when an app has decided it wants to install to the card even when there is plenty of internal memory available.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
I've gotten that error a few times. It's always one app out of a handful being updated at the same time. Doing it manually immediately after the error always ends up working for me. Also CM7/G2.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

http://www.miui-dev.com/2011/03/24/miui-1-3-24-lockscreen-added-to-gingerbread/

MIUI GB should have the new Lockscreen now. Which is good, cause N1 and Desire both getting GB tomorrow.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
People running CM7 nightlies on the OG Droid. Are you experiencing anything phone breaking? Any reason why I shouldn't go ahead and flash to it from 6.1.2?

If I were to goto 7, do I need to start from the original rc and then update to the nightlies or do I just go straight to the nightly 29 (latest I believe)?

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008

Casao posted:

http://www.miui-dev.com/2011/03/24/miui-1-3-24-lockscreen-added-to-gingerbread/

MIUI GB should have the new Lockscreen now. Which is good, cause N1 and Desire both getting GB tomorrow.

Sweeeeeeeet! I'm excited to switch back to Miui. I only wish they would add an option for trackball unlock.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Jewce posted:

Sweeeeeeeet! I'm excited to switch back to Miui. I only wish they would add an option for trackball unlock.

That's in 2.2 on the N1 at least, I'm using it now. Dunno if it was removed from 2.3 though.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I installed Rubix Focused 2.0 on my wife's Droid 2 yesterday and everything is working except for Swype. The blue line traces across the keyboard but when you lift your finger, the word doesn't come up and a blue box around the perimeter of the keyboard flashes. Swype says something about it not being compatible with the device.

When I installed Rubix you also have to flash Gjar.DXtoD2.zip or something because the ROM is made for droid x but works fine when you install that supplementary zip. I did flash it right after I flashed RubixFocused2.0.zip. What should I try next?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

rotaryfun posted:

People running CM7 nightlies on the OG Droid. Are you experiencing anything phone breaking? Any reason why I shouldn't go ahead and flash to it from 6.1.2?

If I were to goto 7, do I need to start from the original rc and then update to the nightlies or do I just go straight to the nightly 29 (latest I believe)?

Go straight to the latest nightly. And I'd advise you to continue updating to the latest available nightly every 2 or 3 days just to keep up with bugfixes.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

fishmech posted:

Go straight to the latest nightly. And I'd advise you to continue updating to the latest available nightly every 2 or 3 days just to keep up with bugfixes.

Is it stable enough to move off cm6 as a daily used phone?

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

Jewce posted:

Speaking of lockscreens, it looks like HTC has revamped theirs with whatever iteration of Sense is on the EVO 3D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnxw0da_JZ0

I first noticed it in a brief hands-on video, where the lockscreen used appeared to have quick shortcuts to Email and SMS and such. Hopefully this new one is less sensitive than the current sense lockscreen....

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

rotaryfun posted:

Is it stable enough to move off cm6 as a daily used phone?

Most people I know with it find it stable enough for everyday use. As always, do a full backup before you update so you can revert if it doesn't work out for you.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
So am I correct in seeing that the OG droid is supported for MIUI now? Does that mean we will see some landscape support in the launcher and (more importantly for me) the lockscreen?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

ZShakespeare posted:

So am I correct in seeing that the OG droid is supported for MIUI now? Does that mean we will see some landscape support in the launcher and (more importantly for me) the lockscreen?

No.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

evilocity posted:

You don't happen to have any insight into the opposite condition, do you? My rom manager (free, if it matters) says I can update to 3.0.0.5, and that my current version is 2.5.1.3. My recovery says it's 3.0.0.5 already. I don't care that much as my recovery is working fine but I was wondering about the odds of wrecking my poo poo by telling rom manager to update.

Edit: G2 on T-mobile running CM7 rc2 build...20 something.

Honestly never had a problem with messing anything up by updating. If it fails to install, it'll fail and stay at your current version. Try flashing to an alternative recovery and then back to CW, that might work as well.

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

yamdankee posted:

I installed Rubix Focused 2.0 on my wife's Droid 2 yesterday and everything is working except for Swype. The blue line traces across the keyboard but when you lift your finger, the word doesn't come up and a blue box around the perimeter of the keyboard flashes. Swype says something about it not being compatible with the device.

When I installed Rubix you also have to flash Gjar.DXtoD2.zip or something because the ROM is made for droid x but works fine when you install that supplementary zip. I did flash it right after I flashed RubixFocused2.0.zip. What should I try next?

That used to happen to me occasionally (swype ignoring the input with a border flash), try changing the input method to a different keyboard and then back to swype.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

heat posted:

That used to happen to me occasionally (swype ignoring the input with a border flash), try changing the input method to a different keyboard and then back to swype.

Yeah I tried that but it keeps doing the same thing.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

yamdankee posted:

Yeah I tried that but it keeps doing the same thing.

Might have to reinstall in that case. Swype's licensing scheme is ridiculously picky about things like ROM changes and the phase of the moon, and even Titanium Backup doesn't always work, but you can usually clear things up by nuking it and reinstalling from the beta site.

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008

Casao posted:

That's in 2.2 on the N1 at least, I'm using it now. Dunno if it was removed from 2.3 though.

Oh awesome, I haven't kept up with the latest builds since I switched to CM7. Last time I used it they had trackball wake, but not unlock. Glad it was added cause that's a really useful feature.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

Can anyone explain kernals to me?

I'm running cm7 rc2 nightly on my og droid and folks on the droid and cyanogenmod forums talk about flashing to different kernals. I downloaded the ChevyNo1-1.0Ghz-lowV-7slot-update kernal, but I really don't want to flash it without really knowing what I'm doing.

I've never flashed a kernal so I guess I'm running the stock kernal? How much danger is there in flashing kernals?

Currently have setcpu enabled with profiles and the max clock I can set it to is 800mhz. My understanding is that the kernals just allow you to clock higher?

rotaryfun fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 24, 2011

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

rotaryfun posted:

I'm running cm7 rc2 nightly on my og droid and folks on the droid and cyanogenmod forums talk about flashing to different kernals. I downloaded the ChevyNo1-1.0Ghz-lowV-7slot-update kernal, but I really don't want to flash it without really knowing what I'm doing.

I've never flashed a kernal so I guess I'm running the stock kernal? How much danger is there in flashing kernals?

It should be just the same as flashing a rom. Go into recovery and flash the zip. Generally the only thing that it can gently caress up is the current install. So Nandroid before and you've got your reassurance. If they have the stock OC'd too high, I guess you can have issues there too, but its doubtful if people on XDA use it much.

I don't know anything about og droid specific kernals.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Jewce posted:

Oh awesome, I haven't kept up with the latest builds since I switched to CM7. Last time I used it they had trackball wake, but not unlock. Glad it was added cause that's a really useful feature.

Oh, sorry, I get them confused - Trackball wake is in, not unlock.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

rotaryfun posted:

Currently have setcpu enabled with profiles and the max clock I can set it to is 800mhz. My understanding is that the kernals just allow you to clock higher?

Very simply put, the kernel is basically the piece of software that acts as a go-between for the OS and the hardware. With Android, the biggest implication of this is, as you said, overclocking. Some kernels also allow you to underclock below the speed allowed by the stock kernel. Many kernel devs have also tweaked the voltage used by the processor, which can result in battery gains if done properly. Since no two chips are identical, though, different people often get wildly varying results with this last one; if the voltage is too low for your phone to handle, you'll get into bootloops.

You can also find kernels that have tweaked stuff like charging speed, governor (which decides how fast to run the processor at any given time)

Other advanced features offered by some kernels include the ability to use different types of filesystem, enhanced memory management techniques like compcache, and certain types of swap. Generally you don't need to worry about this stuff unless you're a power user.

The worst consequence you'd likely have to worry about would be the need for a wipe and restore/reinstall. As long as you do a nandroid backup before flashing the kernel, you should be fine. If your phone won't start up, or it freezes/randomly reboots a lot after flashing the kernel, you know you need to try another one.

Theoretically it would be possible to ruin your phone's hardware with a bad kernel, but in practice the hardware will reboot itself before reaching dangerous operating temperatures. The OG Droid in particular seems to handle overclocking well; I've never seen one that couldn't get at least to 1 GHz.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
How exactly does one say MIUI? I've been saying "my you eye", but I don't know if that's right. (Or if there even is a right way.)

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

quadratic posted:

How exactly does one say MIUI? I've been saying "my you eye", but I don't know if that's right. (Or if there even is a right way.)

You say it MIUI, obviously.

I actually have no clue, I tend to go with each letter individually.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.
I say "My U.I."

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of, I've been playing with the GB version of MIUI and while I like it a lot it's still really buggy.

I'm thinking of switching over to CM7...does anyone have any opinions on how they like it as opposed to the new MIUI? I want to stay with them but there's just some things that are driving me nuts so I want to wait for a more stable build.

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009
I used Superoneclick 1.7 on my Droid. Everything seemed to have gone according to plan. I have the superuser ap. When I try Wifi Tether though it says my phone isn't rooted. Is my phone not rooted or is there a problem with the wifi tether ap?

edit: nevermind I got it working

indoflaven fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 24, 2011

BathroomTile
Jun 4, 2005

Just your run-of-the-mill bathroom tile.

quadratic posted:

I've been saying it as "me-you-ee" (emphasis on the "you").

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

quadratic posted:

I don't know why, but I always said it as "mew-eee"

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

quadratic posted:

According to this XDA thread:

quote:

If you were to translate the name ‘MIUI’ to English, it would probably sound something like ‘meeooee’.

No idea how accurate that is, but the article cited by the guy who posted that sentence looks a lot more authoritative than the guy who speculated that it stands for "My iPhone UI".

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Is anyone having huge Google Voice problems. My loving phone won't ring at all. And google voice just gives me a system error when I try to delete my mobile phone.<--Fixed this, kinda.

Ok, even after a wipe and a reinstall my phone is acting like poo poo and rebooting in a boot loop. Everything was working fine till recently. But I'm confused because I wiped it so that should take care of everything, right? CM7RC2. Any ideas?

Edit:I think it's fixed now.

TheReverend fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 25, 2011

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.

Ozmodiar posted:

I don't know why, but I always said it as "mew-eee"

I always say "Em Eye You Eye" :v:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
"Moo-EEE". Yes, I know it's wrong but I like it more than I like the effort required to think differently.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

N1 is GB and it's translated. Installing now, will get back to you on its exact kickassitude.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Casao posted:

N1 is GB and it's translated. Installing now, will get back to you on its exact kickassitude.

Incredibly slick. New lock screen looks good, new notification tray owns, the way pop ups work owns. New settings is nice, though trackball wake doesn't appear to be working on my N1 at the moment.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Speaking of CM7, looks like there's an (very early but given the list of issues extremely promising) alpha build for the Epic of all phones. As soon as they fix the MMS I'm all over that like a jersey whore.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Casao posted:

Incredibly slick. New lock screen looks good, new notification tray owns, the way pop ups work owns. New settings is nice, though trackball wake doesn't appear to be working on my N1 at the moment.

I do have today off, maybe I'll look into this. What's the main site for the N1 version?

*edit* Should I just dig around on MIUI-Dev.com forums and find it?

big mean giraffe fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Mar 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

big mean giraffe posted:

I do have today off, maybe I'll look into this. What's the main site for the N1 version?

*edit* Should I just dig around on MIUI-Dev.com forums and find it?

Go there and click the giant Roms button up top.