Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Snicker-Snack posted:

I think it's a pretty cool idea, myself, having this overarching storyline that connects all the DLC.

And then you learn the Courier was abducted by aliens at one point, a sordid event rediscovered through Mothership Theta, our next stunning DLC installation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jan posted:

And then you learn the Courier was abducted by aliens at one point, a sordid event rediscovered through Mothership Theta, our next stunning DLC installation!

From the looks of it, everything is going to be teased in conversations and actually tie into the world, instead of just "hey wanna go to a swamp/get abducted by aliens? COOL"

This is Obsidian, remember

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Dickeye posted:

This is Obsidian, remember

Exactly, this game is so nothing like Oblivion or hell, even Fallout 3. (Even though mentioning Oblivion in the same sentence as Fallout 3 is kind of unfair, Oblivion's story was weaker than the stuff you can read on cereal boxes)

That's why I have literally no illusions about Skyrim or care much for it, Bethesda can't write a compelling story. It's just not what they do. Not saying that videogame-writing is ever compelling on a level with even movie writing (nor does it need to; the gameplay itself is meant to provide entertainment, the writing is just backdrop) but at least it can be made on a level where it isn't causing groans and eyerolling. Funnily enough they always got my money for the DLCs and always, I couldn't stand playing them through, even though I booked serious hours with FO3 else.

EDIT: Funnily enough after playing a while with the armor modified by myself, I started hating it. Not because of its function or anything, it works quite well if I might say so, it just doesn't feel right in the game, I reverted back to that tactical clothing I posted screenshots earlier of that I tweaked to have stats of mercenary clothing. Somehow for me it just feels right to use either no armor in game, or power armor. I guess I got damaged by Fallout 1.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 24, 2011

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I would volunteer to make the schoolgirl geckos, but I only know how to use maya, which to my understanding, makes files that are a bitch to import for use in Fallout.
Also, I suck at 3d modelling. :negative:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Captain McStabbin posted:

I would volunteer to make the schoolgirl geckos, but I only know how to use maya, which to my understanding, makes files that are a bitch to import for use in Fallout.
Also, I suck at 3d modelling. :negative:

:saddowns: Don't make me do it again...

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Thread title change to Phallic Schoolgirl Geckos itt since Molerat boobs went the way of the Tasmanian Boobie?

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
What is this "sicknasty.esp" mod I've seen on a few people's listings? Does it add Garrus Vakarian as a skateboarding wasteland companion?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Naky posted:

Someone else's turn now.

Just the Anime Outfits no need to subject yourself to dicks and boobs :allears:

Althought since you did already put dicks on the Geckos... :v:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Mr. Crow posted:

Just the Anime Outfits no need to subject yourself to dicks and boobs :allears:

Althought since you did already put dicks on the Geckos... :v:

I'm not texturing it OR putting any more time than I already have into this. :colbert:

CHALLENGE COMPLETED.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Naky posted:

I'm not texturing it OR putting any more time than I already have into this. :colbert:

My, it sure has a lot of polygons! :allears:

Nanpa
Apr 24, 2007
Nap Ghost

Naky posted:

CHALLENGE COMPLETED.

Does it have realistic dong swinging physics?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Coolio posted:

It's pretty forced. I don't get why I'm supposed to care about this epic battle that's supposed to happen between me and some dude I know nothing about.

A lot of the sites, places, and events for New Vegas and the upcoming DLC ties back to the original Fallout 3 design. A lot of poo poo is also foreshadowed or alluded to from the start in New Vegas.

These are Good Things, and this is not the proper game to air your DLC grievances towards.

Naky posted:

CHALLENGE COMPLETED.

:allears: You could always release it as a Modder Resource.

Fox_Spy
Mar 19, 2006
Lifeguard of the Apocalypse

Jan posted:

What is this "sicknasty.esp" mod I've seen on a few people's listings? Does it add Garrus Vakarian as a skateboarding wasteland companion?

It changes the Grim Reaper's Sprint perk to the way it was in Fallout 3. Kill a person in VATS, get all your AP back instead of 20 points or whatever it is in Vanilla.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Got a link to that one? I miss taking down Reavers before they hit me by just blowing away a regular ghoul with my last VATS shot and repeating

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I'd rather they make it a perk that refills your AP by 20 each time you kill an enemy in real time, making it a real murdertrain perk instead of an exercise in pressing V over and over again.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Anybody how how to modify street sign textures for Fallout 3?
I was expecting individual textures I could simply edit, but not all that surprisingly all of the street sign objects reference one texture sheet with all the letters with "Ave" "Bvd" "Rd" and so on on individually. I get the impression I should be doing something in NifSkope but I'm completely lost.

It also makes me less than optimistic about lettering on metro tunnel signs.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Cerebulon posted:

Anybody how how to modify street sign textures for Fallout 3?
I was expecting individual textures I could simply edit, but not all that surprisingly all of the street sign objects reference one texture sheet with all the letters with "Ave" "Bvd" "Rd" and so on on individually. I get the impression I should be doing something in NifSkope but I'm completely lost.

It also makes me less than optimistic about lettering on metro tunnel signs.

You could possibly split the textures into individual images and modify the signs in NifSkope so that they point at your different textures.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I'd rather they make it a perk that refills your AP by 20 each time you kill an enemy in real time, making it a real murdertrain perk instead of an exercise in pressing V over and over again.

I only ever hit VATS when enemies manage to close in melee range, because third person aim completely sucks beneath 5 yards. :shepface:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Mr. Crow posted:

Sounds like you didn't Navmesh or Finalize it.

I just made absolutely sure my navmesh was finalized and they still hunt me down. It seems a little better now that I don't have them using the Wander AI package, but they're still using the DefaultPatrolCasual package and Aggro Radius set at 784. Someone finally got back to me on the Bethsoft forums and suggested triggers to take them from a waiting state to patrol AI packages or whatever. He also suggested making my traps the same faction as the bots, but that doesn't fix them hunting me through the level.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I'm a big fan of bullet time, but switch to VATS for my cinematic close quarters takedown needs, when I need to pump things full of special ammo, or go for precision cripples.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

FadedReality posted:

I just made absolutely sure my navmesh was finalized and they still hunt me down. It seems a little better now that I don't have them using the Wander AI package, but they're still using the DefaultPatrolCasual package and Aggro Radius set at 784. Someone finally got back to me on the Bethsoft forums and suggested triggers to take them from a waiting state to patrol AI packages or whatever. He also suggested making my traps the same faction as the bots, but that doesn't fix them hunting me through the level.

Turn off aggro radius it doesn't work like you would expect, and I think that is a large radius to boot (maybe, been a while).

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/AI_Data_Tab

Chronojam posted:

:allears: You could always release it as a Modder Resource.

:lol: That was great Naky.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Okay, Armory fans, I'm sending out another call for weapons you'd like to see added to the pack. I'm getting close to the 200 benchmark and I've got a few added I still need maybe a dozen more. Melee, energy, projectile, thrown, from another pack that you like to use but it isn't in The Armory - suggest it and I'll consider it.

Coolio
Nov 5, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Banana bomb from Worms

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

I'm not bad, I'm just misunderstood.

Naky posted:

Okay, Armory fans, I'm sending out another call for weapons you'd like to see added to the pack. I'm getting close to the 200 benchmark and I've got a few added I still need maybe a dozen more. Melee, energy, projectile, thrown, from another pack that you like to use but it isn't in The Armory - suggest it and I'll consider it.

Please, do a retardedly huge machete.

Like, it should be as a big as a buster sword. If you've seen "Machete" (and you loving should) it's the one Danny Trojo uses at the end.

Other then that, a decently textured katana would be nice , preferably kind rugged and rusty looking.

And maybe some throwing weapons like exploding ninja stars/darts/knives or whatever.

Sorry if I can't come up with something original :(

On another note, did anything happen to that modders resource someone posted a couple a pages ago, the one where you could import celebrity faces into the game? Could anyone modify it so that you could actually use those faces in the game. Thanks (if it's already been done post a link then tell me I suck and should be banned,)

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
My end game sequence crashes, without fail, roughly between the 45 to 120 second mark. It's not consistent, but it always crashes sooner or later. I've tried it with all mods working, and even all mods turned off.

Any ideas?

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave
Naky, i got your mod working and it's amazing. It has practically everything I want/need, but if I could get some CZ handguns and maybe a Vis pistol, it would be even better.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

MadPierrot posted:

Naky, i got your mod working and it's amazing. It has practically everything I want/need, but if I could get some CZ handguns and maybe a Vis pistol, it would be even better.

You and me both, but there aren't any quality resources that I can find or use for both requests. There's that craptacular CZ-100 floating around that's truly awfully done and that's about it.

Fox_Spy
Mar 19, 2006
Lifeguard of the Apocalypse

Dickeye posted:

Got a link to that one? I miss taking down Reavers before they hit me by just blowing away a regular ghoul with my last VATS shot and repeating

It was goon made, got it in the last thread. Here's a link to it on my own website. Congrats to whoever wrote it. http://www.sunsetcomputing.com/SA/sicknasty.esp

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I don't know if you already mentioned it or if it's already included and I missed it, but what's your opinion on this M110 Naky?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I'd love to see a mod that changes Holy Frag Grenade to a Dawkin's Teapot because as an athiest player who RPs atheist characters I find it out of character unless I play it as an ironic action.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
The leash from Bulletstorm

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Captain McStabbin posted:

I don't know if you already mentioned it or if it's already included and I missed it, but what's your opinion on this M110 Naky?

Yeah, I have it already. Since I already have an SR25, albeit one I pieced together, the M110 is to replace it officially so having it in the pack makes sense.

I have the M110, Internet Friend's 4 barrel derringer as well as a 2 barrel derringer, the Raptor revolvers from FO3, another pistol from the BF2142 pack that I forgot to implement from day 1, IF's Contender, a DSR-1, a (surprisingly good quality) rusted katana as well as a super high detail one from Oblivion to make up for it, a not-hosed PKM, the peppergun from the Apocalypse Armory, a worn/rusty looking textured Pancor instead of the Fischer Price one I had since it was requested, Amstrad's custom flamer with a new flame effect from Anime Schoolgirl (hint: it's loving awesome, and a 20mm flak cannon though with different ammo. I'm also looking at two others - a canister rifle for an automatic 25mm grenade launcher type deal and a laser melee weapon, but they're on the fence. Oh and we're looking at re-implementing three weapons that were in the pack originally but axed - the Vector TDI, and two energy weapons. The TDI requires some custom work though to fix - the original mesh was simply modeled wrong and I have to separate the sights from the gun to fix it.

edit: I'm not a programmer at all, and I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind looking at or helping me re-write The Armory's FOMOD installation script. Mine is about as basic as it gets and I've been getting reports that it's not working for some people and I have no clue why :( Probably due to not having the right FOMM version, etc, but I couldn't begin to code checks like that. Plus I'd like to make it a bit more modular and modern, heh. It can be written in C or XML, I think.

Naky fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Mar 25, 2011

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Coolio posted:

Banana bomb from Worms

I actually wonder if this could be done, IE: a thrown explosive that splits into additional explosives. I might fiddle with this idea when I get some time.

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave
I may have just not come across it in the leveled lists, but does The Armory include a Galil and the Israeli-style FN FAL? I know models of those existed, at least for FO3.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I'd love a Saiga-12 :shobon: I had one back in Fallout 3 and drat was it fun on the bun.

Pendevil
Jun 18, 2007
If we're making wishes, I'd like to see a crossbow. I was thinking the other day about how despite having so many "cowboy" themes running through New Vegas, there didn't seem to be anything "indian", or I guess "tribal". Sure you've got your throwing knives and so forth, but I was thinking along the lines of something beat up and cobbled together from junk. I looked at some of the ones done for Oblivion, but the character stances are god-awful, and the textures, while occasionally good, aren't very fitting.

It seems that New Vegas, having guns, wouldn't have that problem with animations or stances (there are crossbows with break-actions similar to some of the shotguns in game). I've messed around with the GECK, but I know my skill level is probably not up to creating original meshes, textures, and all the other things necessary to bring an entirely new weapon in.

I know that it's probably outside the scope of what you're doing Naky, but I thought I'd offer it up to anyone looking for a challenge.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

I've been trying to add a new radio station to my mod. It's got one announcement (So far, for testing) and four songs (So far). The station is set to broadcast in my new worldspace and when I'm there it shows up in the pipboy but is completely silent. it doesn't play on a radio set to it I placed either.
The audio previews work in the GECK and the 'voice' files for everything have saved correctly in the Data\sound\Voice\[Mod].esp but nothing actually plays ingame.
Anybody have the slightest clue what I'm doing wrong?

I'm a god damned genius. I'd managed to create a new RadioHelo with one L and stations don't start without a RadioHello introduction.

Cerebulon fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 25, 2011

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.

Pendevil posted:

If we're making wishes, I'd like to see a crossbow. I was thinking the other day about how despite having so many "cowboy" themes running through New Vegas, there didn't seem to be anything "indian", or I guess "tribal".

Just for the record, crossbows were medieval weapons designed to fire metal bolts in order to penetrate steel armor and were not native american by any stretch of the imagination. NA's used throwing spears and bows with rock head arrows. :colbert:

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
The armory already has a crossbow with normal and explosive bolts. The base game has a throwing spear and throwing knives, I myself modeled and implemented a shuriken for the armory and there's also already a bigass machete (several in fact) and katanas in the pack.

Some of you dudes requesting stuff need to actually download and play the pack before requesting stuff. :colbert:

Naky posted:

Amstrad's custom flamer with a new flame effect from Anime Schoolgirl

Wait what's this? Do you mean the Piston Launcher? You guys made it into a flamer?

Amstrad fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Pendevil posted:

If we're making wishes, I'd like to see a crossbow. I was thinking the other day about how despite having so many "cowboy" themes running through New Vegas, there didn't seem to be anything "indian", or I guess "tribal". Sure you've got your throwing knives and so forth, but I was thinking along the lines of something beat up and cobbled together from junk. I looked at some of the ones done for Oblivion, but the character stances are god-awful, and the textures, while occasionally good, aren't very fitting.

It seems that New Vegas, having guns, wouldn't have that problem with animations or stances (there are crossbows with break-actions similar to some of the shotguns in game). I've messed around with the GECK, but I know my skill level is probably not up to creating original meshes, textures, and all the other things necessary to bring an entirely new weapon in.

I know that it's probably outside the scope of what you're doing Naky, but I thought I'd offer it up to anyone looking for a challenge.

There used to be a crossbow mod up on NewVegasNexus and it was really good, I don't know where it disappeared to but I can't find it now.