Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

le chat posted:

ah, another week, another anti-war campaigner kin calls an idiot. Did you cheer as they announced we were going to Libya during last weeks show, like the audience? It just seems the idea that people don't like war offends you

They seem to go out of their way to pick anti-war campaigners that ARE idiots.
The war on want girl last night wasn't terrible, and was unable to hold a coherent argument. It was obvious that she was torn over realising that the Libyan intervention saved Benghazi from a bad fate, but at the same time trying to keep up an anti-war stance. She kept saying there should have been an alternative to military intervention which is a perfectly reasonable thing to say, but not one person pressed her what viable alternatives existed.
Also the blonde one from a few weeks ago was the perfect idiot, the other panelists were just able to sit there and watch her embarrass herself, regardless of whether or not your unnecessarily harsh and cunty personal attack on Kin holds any weight !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Are they just grabbing a random anti-war student from off the street, or are these people actually respected members of charities/organisations?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

goatface posted:

Are they just grabbing a random anti-war student from off the street, or are these people actually respected members of charities/organisations?
Every charity/anti-war/pro-war organisation has a press officer who is completely loving awesome at their job. In the modern era it's just suicide not to have one. I haven't seen it but if these people can't go on TV and make a really convincing argument for their cause then they're probably not "proper" people in the organisation. 10 o'clock live is not exactly a friendly environment for say, a pro-military spokesman, but it's still just a comedy show and a professional should be able to bat it out of the park.

spe
Aug 28, 2007

All Stocked Up
Episode 5 of Limmys show is one of the funniest things I've seen in ages. Its criminal that it isn't on the box down here.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

Adrianics posted:

God drat am I disappointed in 10 O'Clock Live right now. It's basically a fact by now that Jimmy Carr is the weak link in the equation but I really thought that either Mitchell, Brooker or Laverne would handle the segment on the budget and maybe focus on the fact that Osborne is trying to sneak by a cut on the pensioner's fuel allowance that David Cameron previously pledged to keep intact. Instead, we get a predictably dreary, hopelessly pun-filled groan-fest from a reliably unfunny man. Deeply, deeply disappointed.

Also, to echo someone earlier: A youtube video is not news!!

What I wanted (and was hinted at, for the first few episodes) was a 2011 version of That Was The Week That Was. What we have now is The Students' Guide To Politics; all the rah-rah-ing and big opinions and 'let's change the world tomorrow guys! ...after the jimmy carr sketch' that's fit to fill an hours' timeslot.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
So I'm not missing anything now I don't go out the way to watch it now?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

My mum is about to appear on the BBC News, apparently. Bitching about library cuts or something like that.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

SeanBeansShako posted:

So I'm not missing anything now I don't go out the way to watch it now?

It's an entertaining hour but not worth going out of your way for, no.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
The Anti-War lady on last night was an idiot, pulling out the "bombing for peace is like screwing for virginity" argument made me cringe so hard.

She couldn't hold an argument and it was kind of embarassing when she could've built a much more coherent case. Carr continues to be lovely, but the show in general is getting better. All this Brooker thought projection is kind of irritating though, the guy knows his way around T.V., I doubt he's going off stage every night and fuming about the stuff that's on a show he has a heavy influence in, regardless of the goon-perception of him.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

reality_groove posted:

Also, very early on Sunday morning there's a show on C4 called Crunchtime about a competition held in Dundee between groups of students to design a computer game in 10 weeks. I know there are a lot of Dundee goons around so you'll probbaly recognise a lot of faces and places.

Drink everytime you see:

Desperate Dan statue
Discovery
Abertay library

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

sebzilla posted:

My mum is about to appear on the BBC News, apparently. Bitching about library cuts or something like that.

Yeah, or not. Maybe at 10 or something. Or tomorrow. It's already been shunted back twice, was meant to be on Wednesday originally.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Glory Daze has been recommended to me, is it any good guys?

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!

Daimo posted:

I stumbled across it the other day and it's OK. Pretty easy going, but I wouldn't go out of your way to watch it.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Edit: No, don't help a Canadian out.
Sorry.

MoaM fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Mar 26, 2011

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Daimo posted:

I just finished watching the first series and really liked it. Its not revolutionary or anything but its humour often goes deeper than you'd first think.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Cool, now I have something to do on a saturday night :unsmith:

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

My favourite american series besides Breaking Bad at the moment is Fringe, it's pretty good. The first season is the weakest but it's really come into it's own recently. I wish british sci-fi could be that good again.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Captain Mediocre posted:

I just finished watching the first series and really liked it. Its not revolutionary or anything but its humour often goes deeper than you'd first think.

Yeah i'd recommend it too, shame it's been cancelled in the US already :sigh:

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

reality_groove posted:

Also, very early on Sunday morning there's a show on C4 called Crunchtime about a competition held in Dundee between groups of students to design a computer game in 10 weeks. I know there are a lot of Dundee goons around so you'll probbaly recognise a lot of faces and places.

Dare to be Digital is a fairly big dead in the realms of game development students, Abertay being one of few universities that isn't poo poo at it. I went to the Protoplay event last year in Edinburgh, since my friend was on one of the teams. You get some good prototypes and some utter stinkers.

They were also showing off All Points Bulletin at the side of the room, but nobody was paying it much attention. :haw:

quote:

Drink everytime you see:

Desperate Dan statue
Discovery
Abertay library

Let's face it, the only thing we have of value to the outside world is an old boat and a statue of a fictional cowboy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I realise I am very probably the only one here who cares but...

So You Think You Can Dance is back! Hurray! :dance:

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"
Recently I watched Luther and I loved it! Can't wait for season 2. I then proceeded to watch State of Play and it was good enough.

Next up is the Red Riding Trilogy.

What should I watch next?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Does The Promise or State of Play have any nudity or sex in it? I've got my in laws staying for a few weeks, and I'm looking for some good British TV to show them, but it has to be fairly sex free to avoid any awkwardness.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
State of Play has a tiny bit of sex, no nudity.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I think I can handle that.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Ingram posted:

Recently I watched Luther and I loved it! Can't wait for season 2. I then proceeded to watch State of Play and it was good enough.

Don't get your hopes up, the new controller of BBC1 seems to hate crime dramas as much as Michael Grade hated sci-fi.

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!

Ingram posted:

Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes if you haven't already.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ingram posted:

In case you haven't watched it yet, Misfits.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Definitly Misfits, best thing on British TV for a long time. Being Human is worth watching as well, although don't watch both at the same time, otherwise you'll end up comparing them.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Brown Moses posted:

Definitly Misfits, best thing on British TV for a long time.

Um jeremy kyle...

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I'm not sure it's fair to judge Jeremy Kyle on any sort of good/bad spectrum.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Is it wrong that i'm finding newsround to be more informative and less biased than regular grown up news?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Kin posted:

Is it wrong that i'm finding newsround to be more informative and less biased than regular grown up news?

idk but I've always loved Newsround, it's great that something like it exists

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

I still find it odd when I see Lizo on the 10 O'Clock News and he's not talking about Harry Potter or David Beckham.

wickles
Oct 12, 2009

"In England we have a saying for a situation such as this, which is that it's difficult difficult lemon difficult."
Will Doug Stanhope give free tickets for his show to the HIGNFY producers?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8nC1dk-t4w

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

wickles posted:

Will Doug Stanhope give free tickets for his show to the HIGNFY producers?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8nC1dk-t4w

I can't believe I'm going to miss his UK tour, I saw him years ago in Leicester and he was really excellent.

wickles
Oct 12, 2009

"In England we have a saying for a situation such as this, which is that it's difficult difficult lemon difficult."

Brown Moses posted:

I can't believe I'm going to miss his UK tour, I saw him years ago in Leicester and he was really excellent.

Just got tickets for the show in Liverpool.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Not a big fan of this Fern show. Especially as it's replaced the coach trip/simpsons combo. Now what's good on telly from 5-6?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Brown Moses posted:

Thanks for bringing this up, I had no idea he was touring. Just got a pair of tickets for London, time to introduce him to my friends.

And as you'll probably notice it here rather than there: Thanks for your awesome work on the Middle-East threads, sterling stuff.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
Started watching White Van Man, it's not bad actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraxis
May 14, 2007
Yeah, it may have been that seeing the guy from Two Pints on the iplayer picture meant I went into it with less than zero expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised. The secret cabal of handymen was pretty funny.