Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
605-475-6968
Apr 10, 2010

This is really un-cannon because no German was stupid enough to run around with a MG-42. Would of been better with a MP-40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

dinozombiesgoRARR posted:

Is that red stuff...muscle?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Darth Freddy posted:

Is that red stuff...muscle?

It's paint. Comon now.

HopWallace
Sep 8, 2004

free balloon day
These are kinda old, but still rank high in bad-assery.

gently caress your puppy, this man's best friend is a hyena.

They're especially great with kids!

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Useless Rabbit posted:

A giant drill coming through the last section of what will be the longest train tunnel under the Alps.

Can't wait for this feature to make it into Minecraft.

Looks like some kind of alien gate way, found in some forgotten cave on Earth.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

The Downfall posted:

This is really un-cannon because no German was stupid enough to run around with a MG-42. Would of been better with a MP-40.

Holding it by the barrel probably would have been pretty unpleasant too.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

oddspelling posted:

Holding it by the barrel probably would have been pretty unpleasant too.

That's just how bad rear end he is, he's trying to get it to melt his hand so he can become one with the gun.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

gently caress the sea.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Jibo posted:

That's just how bad rear end he is, he's trying to get it to melt his hand so he can become one with the gun.

Americans were way ahead in that department :colbert: :

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Basilone

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Screaming Idiot posted:

Captain America's pretty badass.

Does anyone have that page where 616 Captain America explains why he thinks France-bashing is stupid? That was pretty badass in it's own way.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

BooDoug187 posted:

Looks like some kind of alien gate way, found in some forgotten cave on Earth.

My mind immediately jumped to Vault-Tec but that's just 'coz I've been playing that game too much lately.

Content:

Grave $avings posted:

Okay then, they found this buried under the stucco of an old car dealership (like 1915-ish) where I live. Prometheus giving the gift of the car to man.

CoffeeInjection
Feb 27, 2011

by angerbeet

The Downfall posted:

That's actually an MG34. :eng101:

CoffeeInjection has a new favorite as of 04:13 on Mar 26, 2011

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Dr Christmas posted:

Does anyone have that page where 616 Captain America explains why he thinks France-bashing is stupid? That was pretty badass in it's own way.

This is the best Cap. Patriotic but not jingoistic. I am compelled to post in whenever A FOR FRANCE?!?! Cap gets posted.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out

the posted:

I remember another photo of a hyena which had been mauled pretty badly by a lion or something. Its intestines were hanging out so it just picked them up in its own mouth and ran off ...

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

I remember another photo of a hyena which had been mauled pretty badly by a lion or something. Its intestines were hanging out so it just picked them up in its own mouth and ran off ...

Nature rocks.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

Atticus_1354 posted:

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

While mammals are indisputably the best, birds are ok too.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Atticus_1354 posted:

Naw man, birds.

e: I happen to be listening to Streets of Rage 2 music right now, this may have swayed my vote somehow.

Pneub has a new favorite as of 09:57 on Mar 26, 2011

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Rough Lobster posted:

This is the best Cap. Patriotic but not jingoistic. I am compelled to post in whenever A FOR FRANCE?!?! Cap gets posted.

I never thought of it as Captain busting down France, just that he's American and proud of it.

But then again, different writers over the eras. Sometimes Captain A's a cool guy, sometimes he's literally Glenn Beck in a dumbass costume.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

MindlessHavok posted:

Video, not picture but I think it's pretty bad-rear end and couldn't think of anywhere else do post it.

I won't ruin the surprise but basically it's "Guy does awesome things with spraypaint"

http://weatheredsequin.tumblr.com/post/4006800981

Shouldn't that guy be wearing a mask if he does thins on a regular basis, or can you get some "not so bad for you" spray cans?

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Screaming Idiot posted:

I never thought of it as Captain busting down France, just that he's American and proud of it.

But then again, different writers over the eras. Sometimes Captain A's a cool guy, sometimes he's literally Glenn Beck in a dumbass costume.

Don't forget that the 'For FRANCE?!' Cap is Ultimate Cap, whereas the Cap who defends the French is the classic 616 Cap. 616 Cap has had a lot more written about his time in WWII compared to Ultimate Cap, who was definitely written more as the American propaganda war machine.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Feathered dinosaurs are terrifying.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Atticus_1354 posted:

Pneub posted:

Naw man, birds.

BorderPatrol posted:

That worked itself out pretty neatly. :coal:

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

Pneub posted:

Naw man, birds.

These mammals think your birds are stupid.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

BorderPatrol posted:

Yes, they are.

This is a cassowary.

This is a cassowary's foot.

This is a cassowary using its foot.

They are basically modern velociraptors. Except cassowaries are bigger.

And this is what they sound like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPCfW76uQfE

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Atticus_1354 posted:

These mammals think your birds are stupid.

The dog looks like it thinks "did you bring the snausages?".

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

RandomFerret posted:

Yes, they are.

This is a cassowary.

I will give you this one because they resisted the siren call of the skies in order to remain more awesome.

Also, I think dam building and early color photography are pretty badass.

Atticus_1354 has a new favorite as of 21:50 on Mar 26, 2011

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
This is some Jurassic Park poo poo, this doesn't even look real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XttrZAXzcg

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm crossposting this from watch and weight.
390lb strongman Zydrunas Savickas deadlifting a bear in the snow at the Iceman II Artic Strongman Challenge.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Cassowaries are my favorite animals.

Here's a video of one kickboxing a tree. And hissing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0wsiLWLQLU
Adorable and scary!

There's also a pretty good one of a big Cassowary attacking some guy.

backifran
Mar 22, 2009

I love BYOB
Only one man can stay in power for 40 years...

Raimundus
Apr 26, 2008

BARF! I THOUGHT I WOULD LIKE SMELLING DOG BUTTS BUT I GUESS I WAS WRONG!
Crosspost from Funny Pictures:

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out
Cassowaries are scary as gently caress.

"We work with these guys and we work with crocodiles on a daily basis, there's no doubt that we would rather be in there with a five metre one tonne crocodile than in here with a sixty kilo cassowary."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA58sS3x2Oo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jB2QFmXUCo

quote:

A 2003 study of attacks by the Southern Cassowary in Queensland found no wounds larger than punctures about 1.5 cm in diameter.[21] Of 221 attacks studied, 150 were against humans. 75% of these were from cassowaries that had been fed by people. 71% of the time the bird chased or charged the victim. 15% of the time they kicked. Of the attacks, 73% involved the birds expecting or snatching food, 5% involved defending natural food sources, 15% involved defending themselves from attack, 7% involved defending their chicks or eggs. Of all 150 attacks there was only one human death.[22]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassowary

dinozombiesgoRARR has a new favorite as of 05:27 on Mar 27, 2011

Ninja_Orca
Nov 12, 2010

by hoodrow trillson

Cassowaries are scary as gently caress.

And like all scary as gently caress creatures, they live in Australia. Why does this not surprise me?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Ninja_Orca posted:

And like all scary as gently caress creatures, they live in Australia. Why does this not surprise me?

We as Australians had to evolve to fend off the wildlife here.

Pato
Mar 15, 2006
Duck

Atticus_1354 posted:

Nature rocks.

Who took these amazing photos and how is he or she not dead as all gently caress and chilling out in an animal's lower intestine?

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out

Pato posted:

Who took these amazing photos and how is he or she not dead as all gently caress and chilling out in an animal's lower intestine?

His name is Jonathan Griffiths and the photos were taken in a wildlife breeding preserve in Montana.
http://mrshutterbug.com/

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Pato posted:

Each picture is a different photographer. The contents of their cameras have been released to the public because "these are too bitching to rot in an evidence locker", to quote Police Chief Tony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Ninja_Orca posted:

And ironically, Australian wildlife tends to die in droves when confronted with vicious eurasian animals such as bunnies or kittens.

• Locked thread