Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

budreck posted:

Obey the time limits stated or prepare to get ridiculed. Seems fair? We're past the age of fans having their intelligence insulted.

The time limit is a storytelling device. Expecting it to be adhered to perfectly is a ridiculous expectation that robs the audience of whatever the story's finish was planned to be. If the match has a "one hour" time limit it should be understood that it's approximate. The wrestlers don't have a clock, you can't expect them to pace themselves perfectly over the course of sixty minutes to build to the climax of the action right at the hour mark.

If you think that a "one hour time limit" match going 61 minutes so that the wrestlers can finish doing the spot they were in the middle of is insulting to a fan's intelligence, you're an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

budreck posted:

Don't wrestling promotions always say they're fans are part of the show? I'm not sure what this timer guy did that was wrong. If other fans were chanting with him, then he managed to get himself more over than the match, kudos to him.

Obey the time limits stated or prepare to get ridiculed. Seems fair? We're past the age of fans having their intelligence insulted.

Indeed! I say fie to the Royal Rumble as well. 2 minutes between entrances my foot! My intelligence hasn't been so insulted since Lady Forsythe insinuated that the caviar we were supping upon was osetra, when it was clearly beluga!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

budreck posted:

Don't wrestling promotions always say they're fans are part of the show? I'm not sure what this timer guy did that was wrong. If other fans were chanting with him, then he managed to get himself more over than the match, kudos to him.

If some sperglord weren't timing it, nobody would have noticed or cared if they went 30-90 seconds over the limit

Nut Bunnies fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 27, 2011

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

budreck posted:

What in the world. :psyduck:

Are you that guy?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

In one of the multitude of Raven shoot interviews, he's asked for his thoughts on Green Lantern Fan. After pulling a sour face for a moment Raven considers that the worst thing that happened for many crowds was the day someone acknowledged him with a name, because from then onwards he thought he was part of the show.

cthulwoo
Mar 1, 2011

That is not dead which can eternal limousine ride.

budreck posted:

Green Lantern Fan account spotted.

Also, contributing this from CZWFans wiki

quote:

Fun Facts
*Showed up alone to Chris Candido's wake, creeping around just to hang with wrestlers. At a wake.
*Swore that he would never support RF Video yet was seen on video eating Chinese food (!) and being humiliated by Eddie Kingston at a PWX show soon after
*Seen walking through a NJ Transit train asking everyone he saw if they had tickets to the WWF show that night
*Wears Green Lantern gear to wrestling shows
*Harassed CM Punk via IM and slowly melted down as Punk ignored him and never responded to one message
*Absolutely humiliated by Chad Shaft at BOTB 2 during Tony Mamaluke's ring entrance
*Called kayfabe to a worker on the street?/gym?/whorehouse?(anyone claify on who it was and where?)
*Once followed Valentina (aka Lizzy Valentine) to the bathroom at a JAPW show to inform her that she was fat. Frustrated that his heckling of her during match went ignored, he waited to do this as the show was ending. Seemed confused by her annoyed response.

What a loving creep.

Edit: There's also screencaps of him checking his watch after the Joe/Xavier match that Captain Charisma mentioned. http://www.czwfans.com/wiki/index.php/Green_Lantern_Fan

cthulwoo fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 27, 2011

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

*Harassed CM Punk via IM and slowly melted down as Punk ignored him and never responded to one message

:allears:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Also the girl he proposed to on Raw in 93 called off the engagement like a week later. She felt like she had to say yes.

budreck
Aug 2, 2005

by XyloJW
I still don't get it. Wrestling fans are a very strange bunch that want to have it both ways.

On one hand a segment says they want the product presented as a sport and not be reminded its a work. This is the group that complains about Canadian Destroyers because... 'it's not realistic'.

And then they complain when one fan decides to time a match for whatever reason. If this GreenLantern Fan is a nobody, it seems pretty stupid to stop the match because of him. For whatever reason he managed to get the crowd to chant along with him.

Granted some of the other stuff I see listed is creepy..

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
I think it's hard to understand just how bad Green Lantern Fan is unless you've been in his presence.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Is he better worse or equal to Scott Keith?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

What would you rather have -

Oh no, they reached the time limit! We have to STOP RIGHT NOW because some sperg in the audience carries a loving stopwatch.
Or
An exciting and fulfilling conclusion to a match.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

bobkatt013 posted:

Is he better worse or equal to Scott Keith?

The real question is whether he's worse than Jack Girl.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Endorph posted:

Oh no, they reached the time limit! We have to STOP RIGHT NOW because some sperg in the audience carries a loving stopwatch.
Or

Exactly. This is all there is to the issue. That's all.

And for the record budreck you're lumping everyone into one group of "indy fan" so your whole "want it both ways" thing is incorrect. I don't want wrestling presented as a sport. It's a live action cartoon and I'm completely fine with that. I also don't want some sperglord causing a match to end one minute early because he carries a stopwatch around like an idiot.

budreck
Aug 2, 2005

by XyloJW

Endorph posted:

Or

Judging by the aftermath, the first for comedic value.

Again, why didn't they just ignore him? This guy held enough weight to get them to change a finish because he started a chant. The whole thing seems silly, is there a youtube clip?

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

ROH ended up running an angle towards the end of Nigel's reign where they had Mustache Dude ring the bell at something like 47 minutes for a "broadway" because they knew GLF was timing the matches and would sperg out about it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jeffersonlives posted:

ROH ended up running an angle towards the end of Nigel's reign where they had Mustache Dude ring the bell at something like 47 minutes for a "broadway" because they knew GLF was timing the matches and would sperg out about it.

I'd like to think that was Nigel's doing because he enjoyed trolling the crowd so much :)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

budreck posted:

Judging by the aftermath, the first for comedic value.

Again, why didn't they just ignore him? This guy held enough weight to get them to change a finish because he started a chant. The whole thing seems silly, is there a youtube clip?

The didn't ignore him because the whole crowd started doing the countdown too because of him. During a one time only legendary Japanese wrestlers special appearance in ROH.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

BlueArmyMan posted:

The amount of references to your father. Or, in this case, which father you're referencing.

...someone can have more than one father now?

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
The only time I've been insufferable toward a wrestler during a match was back in 2006, during a Roderick Strong match, but I'm also incredibly proud of pioneering the "ROOOOODERICK" chant so it's a win in my book.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Blankman posted:

...someone can have more than one father now?

No...I realized afterward I was confusing Kane and Taker's backstories :downs:

Hot Body Spray
Feb 9, 2006

You wanker.
My favourite GLF story is when he started a "Blind Rage Sucks" chant while Blind Rage was paying his respects to a dead friend before his last match.

I always pushed Blind Rage to the moon in EWR :allears:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

jeffersonlives posted:

So I'm kinda wondering why they don't just ban this guy from shows after two decades of this poo poo?

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

BlueArmyMan posted:

No...I realized afterward I was confusing Kane and Taker's backstories :downs:

All I know is that a house burned down. How we got to this point is really all a blur.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

budreck posted:

It's entirely possible that he and his friends started the chant which led to others in their vicinity thinking they missed a "ten seconds remaining" announcement in all the excitement and yelling, so they just joined in, which led to a domino effect. It's not that hard to imagine.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

So I'm kinda wondering why they don't just ban this guy from shows after two decades of this poo poo?

ROH banned him for a few shows in 2006 due to him sneaking back in after he was asked to leave by security at the end of the show. He threw a big tantrum at the New Jersey show saying he supported the company more than any of the 'fairweather fans' and so deserved perks.

DOI had a poster claiming to be him post on their forums at this point badmouthing ROH. The admins there, never known to miss an opportunity to paint ROH in a negative light, denied it was him and took ROH's side in this one issue. This is how reviled he is in the industry.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I've been to three ROH shows in Detroit('s Metro Area), and I've never seen GLF. I consider myself lucky, although we do have "Hulk Hogan Impersonator Guy"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Skinty McEdger posted:

He threw a big tantrum at the New Jersey show saying he supported the company more than any of the 'fairweather fans' and so deserved perks.

This attitude has always amazed me, seriously.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I miss Bubba the love sponge fan.

He was truly the biggest dickhead of all.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

These superfan stories are entertaining in that I can't believe people actually act this way in public.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
There is this one guy in my area. He will be the first guy in line at anything wrestling related; be it a show or an autograph signing. If he has to be there four or five hours beforehand just to be the first in line, he will.

He boasted about one of the refs knowing his name and the fact that he knew which hotels the McMahons REALLY stayed at in Toronto. He tried to use that information to flirt with my friend and I.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Neodoomium posted:

I've been to three ROH shows in Detroit('s Metro Area), and I've never seen GLF. I consider myself lucky, although we do have "Hulk Hogan Impersonator Guy"

Toronto has this rear end in a top hat who dyes his hair different colors all the time, covers himself in glow sticks, and carries a ventriloquist dummy around. I hate him.

I also hate those two fat obnoxious idiots who are in the front row every time but at least Aries punched one of them one time.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

jeffersonlives posted:

The real question is whether he's worse than Jack Girl.
I googled Jack Girl and the main results were hot Jack Daniels promotional models, so I assume this isn't what you're talking about as I think hot chicks handing out shots of whiskey would be pretty drat popular at wrestling events. So can you tell me about wrestling's Jack Girl?

Edit for content: As far as rear end in a top hat wrestling fan stories, the only ones I have are about myself when I was around 12 years old and would go to WWF shows at the old Boston Garden. I rabidly hated Hogan and Tito Santana back then and my uncles would egg me on to yell all types of obscenities, insults and slurs at the top of my lungs at them during their matches. In the old Garden, voices carried really loudly so I imagine I totally annoyed tons of other fans. I also got to yell some very rude stuff at Hogan once after a show when he was walking through some area they had set up so some fans could get up close to the wrestlers but I think he was amused because he started laughing about it, which made it harder for me to keep hating him afterward. The other wrestlers I got to see at this spot were the Iron Sheik and Paul Orndoff. The Sheik was awesome because he was taking tons of heat from the fans there and stayed in character, insulting America and making rude gestures at everyone. Orndoff was great because he was wearing the sweetest robe and had a hot blonde on each arm while acting like he was too good to actually acknowledge the fans yelling at him. (Sorry for the long tangent, adding my self-rear end in a top hat fan story just started a nostalgia trip while I was writing).

savinhill fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 28, 2011

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

savinhill posted:

I googled Jack Girl and the main results were hot Jack Daniels promotional models, so I assume this isn't what you're talking about as I think hot chicks handing out shots of whiskey would be pretty drat popular at wrestling events. So can you tell me about wrestling's Jack Girl?

Happily I think I only ever saw one show when she was in attendance, but she was a female member of the crowd who would just scream and scream and screeeeaaaaaammmmmm for Jack Evans, just this constant high pitched,"JACK! JAAACK! JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!"

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

savinhill posted:

Let me simulate the experience for you.

*Jack Evans comes out*

"JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JAAAACK!"

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I think if I ever go to a show and GLF is there I'm going to kick him in his jowls

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
You have not experienced pain until you have sat 10 feet away from Jack Evans Girl.

I remember her bawling when Necro Butcher was beating the poo poo out of Jack at Final Battle 2007.

Neodoomium posted:

He only goes so far. IIRC he never went to Boston shows.

The Berzerker posted:

Toronto has this rear end in a top hat who dyes his hair different colors all the time, covers himself in glow sticks, and carries a ventriloquist dummy around. I hate him.

Did the dummy look like an Oscar the Grouch ripoff? I think that guy got himself banned from Chikara events, too.

cthulwoo
Mar 1, 2011

Captain Charisma posted:

Did the dummy look like an Oscar the Grouch ripoff? I think that guy got himself banned from Chikara events, too.

Greengo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2ZyZD7xywQ

What'd that guy do to get banned? Tell someone that Quack wrestles as one of the Los Ice Creams?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
What happened to Jack Evans? Is he still working in Mexico? Does he ever do any of the bigger US indies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cthulwoo
Mar 1, 2011

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

What happened to Jack Evans? Is he still working in Mexico? Does he ever do any of the bigger US indies?

He's in AAA, and I don't think he's worked any of the major US indies in quite a while. He's the AAA World Cruiserweight Champion, and one half of the AAA World Tag Team Champions with Extreme Tiger