Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

"Your pitch hit the dirt faster than your fuckin brother". Yucko shut gary down hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLakers
Dec 1, 2007

Please ask me about my mutilated genitals, and belief in faith healing.
I missed most of the show, did Yucko do the brother jokes during The Wrap up Show or his interview?

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

"Your pitch hit the dirt faster than your fuckin brother". Yucko shut gary down hard.

That's hosed up. I know it's Yucko's schtick but that's brutal and not very funny

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Streebs posted:

That's hosed up. I know it's Yucko's schtick but that's brutal and not very funny

HEY BINDY YOU WANNA BINDY ON THIS

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Jesus Christ quit sucking Steve Martin's dick for five minutes, Howard.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Smeep posted:

Jesus Christ quit sucking Steve Martin's dick for five minutes, Howard.

To be fair Steve Martin is a comedic genius.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

-Atom- posted:

To be fair Steve Martin is a comedic genius.

That doesn't mean I want to hear "Steve Martin is a genius" repeated for four hours.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Did anyone else catch the uncomfortable moment when they brought up Owen Wilson and Artie and the methods they used in their suicide attempts? It got real quiet and then Robin just went back to the news.

edit: here's the clip http://www.mediafire.com/?9xsus3d9z79g364

God it made me cringe

sedative fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 28, 2011

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

Streebs posted:

Was this something said ironically or something because if you (someone) feel that way you(they) probably shouldn't listen to the show.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Smeep posted:

That doesn't mean I want to hear "Steve Martin is a genius" repeated for four hours.

Steve Martin invented comedy just like Steve Jobs invented computers.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Vakal posted:

Steve Martin invented comedy just like Steve Jobs invented computers.

Ha, yeah. I remember when Howard said both of those things.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

Was this something said ironically or something because if you (someone) feel that way you(they) probably shouldn't listen to the show.

It was not said ironically. I (me) like the show but Yucko(the clown) is an unfunny douche(bag).

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

Streebs posted:

It was not said ironically. I (me) like the show but Yucko(the clown) is an unfunny douche(bag).

Hmm, well I don't think he is all that funny either but that quote was par for the course for the where people will go for a burn.

Ya know...like your father molesting you or horrible tales of your fathers lengthy demise in a hospital being game.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

Hmm, well I don't think he is all that funny either but that quote was par for the course for the where people will go for a burn.

Ya know...like your father molesting you or horrible tales of your fathers lengthy demise in a hospital being game.

Did Yucko joke about that too or are you implying my father molested me?

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Before Artie roast he gave an interview for Howard TV where they asked him if he was worried about any jokes. He only the hacks would have to make father jokes and guessed it would be Sal and Yucko.

The only 2 who made dead father jokes were Sal and Yucko.

Sal- "The only vegetable you ever loved was your dad"
Yucko- "Your mom's cooking for you at home, while your dads cooking in hell"

Yucko did have a great joke in there. "Whaaaaaa, Artie had a meltdown...ya, a tunamelt-down you fat gently caress"

Mr Lance Murdock fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 28, 2011

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

Streebs posted:

Did Yucko joke about that too or are you implying my father molested me?

Everybody on the show has joked about robins being molested, arties dad, etc, etc non-stop, for years.

Anyway I'm not going to debate what you think is and isn't funny, I just thought finding that to be brutal and mean was odd considering the show we are discussing.

Carry on.

^^ If memory serves richard and maybe someone else did too. Richard did a song about fingering his dad rear end. I never said those jokes are great or anything just that they are pretty common.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

Everybody on the show has joked about robins being molested, arties dad, etc, etc non-stop, for years.

Anyway I'm not going to debate what you think is and isn't funny, I just thought finding that to be brutal and mean was odd considering the show we are discussing.

Carry on.

^^ If memory serves richard and maybe someone else did too. Richard did a song about fingering his dad rear end. I never said those jokes are great or anything just that they are pretty common.

Oh duh of course, I forgot about that, my mistake. I don't know why I find that specific joke about Gary's brother worse than the Robin's dad jokes. Probably because I like Gary and think Robin is useless?

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
Fair enough ;)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Sal- "The only vegetable you ever loved was your dad"
As hosed as it is, I'm not gonna lie- I thought this one was pretty clever. Not laugh out loud funny or anything, but clever.

Owsla
Aug 31, 2003

Where are my bitches?
I can't wait until Robin gets fully into 'furtography' (once you hear her say it you can't unhear it) and we get to hear all about how she can't figure out white balance, aperature, shutter speed, etc etc so she just leaves her $7000 camera on auto mode and why would anyone use anything but auto mode because it just works and she doesn't have time to mess with the settings sheesh. Check out this close up picture of my cat Howard :hurr:

BoredSith
Nov 5, 2008
One condition of Howard's renewal should have been to bring back Artie, live or dead. He made that show...and I hear he's mentioned that he would like to come. Just do it, and get it over with.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

BoredSith posted:

One condition of Howard's renewal should have been to bring back Artie, live or dead. He made that show...and I hear he's mentioned that he would like to come. Just do it, and get it over with.

Ha, live or dead.

I always did love different guests Artie impressions. Gilbert's was good, for one.

"Sho ya shee, uhhhh, make da DVD an' only put in da good jokes and leave out da ones dat aren't funny"

I love that little creep.

here ya go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5ksdbcH9tU

edit, another one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8KG5GRIIrc

chiz fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 29, 2011

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Butthole Prince posted:

This is the Something Awful version of Gary and "What do you do for a living?":
Thank's for the call.

:)

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I know a couple of people who basically teach people who to use their Macs in both SF and NYC. The one in NYC charges $250 bucks a hour on how to sync a iPhone and use iTunes. He is booked solid for 3 months.

I would not be surprised in the least if Howard is paying someone $500+ a hour to come to his house and teach him Photoshop for Dummies. Evidently people with money are computer illiterate.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Hey, Robin explained how Howard's furtography folder was "replicating" the photos, like, what didn't you understand about her knowledge from that? :rolleyes:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

sedative posted:

Did anyone else catch the uncomfortable moment when they brought up Owen Wilson and Artie and the methods they used in their suicide attempts? It got real quiet and then Robin just went back to the news.

edit: here's the clip http://www.mediafire.com/?9xsus3d9z79g364

God it made me cringe

I found it funny because Howard tried to save the bit but it just didn't work. "Let's see, Owen Wilson...Artie Lange.." *SILENCE* "Heh, because those are the only two that I knew!" *MORE SILENCE* Awwwwwwwwwwwwwkward.

Howard's trying to play it off, but the Artie-filled hole in the show is still a taboo subject more than a year later. He's still the goddamn elephant in the room.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
I remember when Artie would be out and then when he came back in, callers would say stuff like " oh god I'm so glad you're back Artie, the show just isn't the same or any good without you"

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
That's a good point. Artie would have made that a great news moment by laughing his rear end off at some retard that stabbed himself, in the stomach, repeatedly.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
@adamcarolla Hey Adam, you coming to Howard 101 on Sirius anytime soon?

@Andrew_MC7 no never. I can't get a clear answer. have fun with what ever bullshit they feed you

Adam Carolla
People keep asking me about Howard 101. Its never going to happen and thats not my decision.
8 minutes ago from web

ziglol
Oct 13, 2006

Do Sirius think people are going to keep paying for a service with no content, when Howard moves to 3 days, and is on extended vacations. No Artie, No Bubba, No Carolla.

Good luck with that, I think they might be in for a shock.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
I don't find Corolla funny at all so no loss there. It's probably Howard that is keeping him off his channels because he doesn't find him funny either. I wouldn't be surprised if Kidd Chris is given a show since he'll work for peanuts at this point.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Did some Goon's email just get read regarding the "furtography"?

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
I wonder if Howard is trying to ease Artie back into the show. The odd reference yesterday to stabbing himself, and just now they used Artie clips to gently caress with the guy in the studio.
Its almost like Howard is trying to get us use to his name and voice again.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I wonder if Howard is trying to ease Artie back into the show. The odd reference yesterday to stabbing himself, and just now they used Artie clips to gently caress with the guy in the studio.
Its almost like Howard is trying to get us use to his name and voice again.

Artie could step in during a commercial break, and start talking when the show came back on without any announcement of his return, and I would be absolutely fine with it, like he was never gone.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!
The Pet Lady is on, and I'm wondering how she's not in an institution. This poo poo is insane

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Does anyone keep track of the daily commercial breaks and lengths anymore? There's been a break at 7:00, 7:30, and 8:00 so far.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I only get to listen until 8 (live at least) but that has been the schedule since for awhile, even before the break. :(

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Pet Lady is a great replacement since ETM is gone although I still miss that small piece of poo poo's hilarious entitlement complex.

TheLakers
Dec 1, 2007

Please ask me about my mutilated genitals, and belief in faith healing.
I hate the Pet Lady's voice so much, but I guess that's my payback for liking Elegant Elliot Offen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Is anyone else already dreading the rundown of Jimmy Kimmel's upcoming bash in honor of Hollywood Howie? I mean, unless of course you're fascinated to hear how much in love Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher are. Then you're probably waiting with baited breath.