Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Safety Hammer posted:

I may give it a try at some point. My OCD wants that Russian ammo. Speaking of which, did you throw in a Makarov or a Mosin? I don't remember seeing them on the list.

IIRC, someone (Brigg?) was going to give me a high quality Makarov mesh/texture to work with but it never happened. I do have a Makarov and I think a Mosin though the textures may not be so hot on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

My radio station only plays songs 2-6 it seems. It's set not to repeat songs but songs 1, 7, 8 and 9 never seem to play while I've heard song 2 so much I think I hate it now.
I've heard New Vegas at least had some issue where Bethesda had somehow managed to mess up with a random number generator of all things so there were a few songs that never played, but they fixed it in a patch. Is it possible that this is the same problem and if so is it possible to replicate a generator within a GECK script? (This is in Fallout 3)

Cerebulon fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 27, 2011

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
Well, I've mostly got it integrated into Caliber, except the recipe for the 9x39 ammo seems to be missing in it. Is it just a matter of simply adding the recipe in the GECK or what?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Safety Hammer posted:

Well, I've mostly got it integrated into Caliber, except the recipe for the 9x39 ammo seems to be missing in it. Is it just a matter of simply adding the recipe in the GECK or what?

Yeah, you can add it in your own ESP as a fix.

edit: I got the Makarov, Mosin, Saiga 12, M110 all working perfectly today in The Armory now as well as a new stubby M1014 with some new mods for it. The source of it came from earache's stubby shotgun that doesn't animate or do anything useful at all, so I broke the mesh down in Lightwave, made it fully animated, and added some new never-seen-before mods to it. With the M110, I removed the thermal sight mod for it due to it requiring NVSE, something I don't want my mod to require so for those that want that, you may still want to use the original in conjunction with The Armory - though I implemented its mods into the modding system so you can now add the silencer, bipod, and use the alternate tan texture as a camo mod.

I also took the time today to make some modular sights I can import into nifskope for guns that lack sights completely, so expect me to slowly go back and add them as well as readjust the IS for them at some point.

Naky fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 27, 2011

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

I need to get a life >___<

(everything is work in progress)
Contender model by ArmchairOdin, KABAR model by me, Mauser C96 model by Ben Bolton.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I got 4 GB for cheap this weekend, (totaling my system memory to 8 GB) when I get home I'll put them into my machine and then try to figure out a way to move off some of the .bsa files into a RAMDisk. (I'm guessing for windows you need some shareware program to make a ramdisk, I don't play NV in linux anymore because there's no AA, nice for testing tho) I'm guessing this will probably resolve all the weird speed issues I had with this game to date. If that's the case I'll point at the Gamebryo people and laugh.

EDIT: I also worked on the installation script:

I plan to do it in a way where you can select multiple entries on the left, while a description will be shown on the right when you highlight the items in the list. Starter packs will get the same treatment, obviously though you can only select one item with them. Later addition of descriptions and .esps will only require the addition of a single line into the script. (Also I'm aware that buttons are lacking on the screenshot, they'll be added of course too)

I didn't get around to do much yet but I doubt it'll take long to finish this. Just as a status update.. if this is satisfactory the way it is, I'll continue working on it.

quote:

- I don't really want to install the mod using a BSA file to store the textures and meshes but that was the only way I could actually get the script to copy. Every command I used to CopyFromFolder or similar simply didn't work and broke the entire installer without any warnings, i.e. you think it installed fine but all it really did was just copy over the ESM file and nothing else.

I didn't fully get this. Why no .BSA file? Aren't they easier to add and remove? I think it's cleaner.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Mar 28, 2011

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave

Arenovalis posted:

Contender model by ArmchairOdin, KABAR model by me, Mauser C96 model by Ben Bolton.

Arenovalis, if you're interested you should eventually do a retexture for this http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39732
it's a nice model but it desperately needs your touch.

Edit:
well actually on close inspection the model is uglier than I first thought.

MadPierrot fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 28, 2011

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
A mod that replaces the vegetation with larger, more realistic types.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39856

This may cause problems with some mods due to the size increase.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Arenovalis posted:

Oh hell yes :toot:

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave
New Vegas Configurator seems to have been taken down from the Nexus.

edit: Nope, I'm an idiot. It's actually spelled Configator.

MadPierrot fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Mar 28, 2011

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
Arenovalis, those are lookin sweet. What do you model in?

I have The Armoury/Caliber done, except caliber is missing the recipes for the 9x39 ammo. I am apparently too retarded to fix it myself, because I can make a recipe, it shows up, but it succeeds only in eating all of the components and producing no ammo. I don't know what else to do, it should be outputting a round but it just doesn't. I may need to wait on Earache to fix it.

Naky, if you want I can try to fix up the textures if they're butt-ugly and flat. Like that rifle linked to earlier.

Safety Hammer fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 29, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Safety Hammer posted:

Naky, if you want I can try to fix up the textures if they're butt-ugly and flat. Like that rifle linked to earlier.

If you're actually serious on that request, join us on our IRC channel for easier coordination with the few of us that are working on this together. I do have a couple that could use some fixing up if you're up to the task. (irc.synirc.net, #TheArmory)

Police: To answer your much earlier question while I was at work, the reason why I don't really want to do it the BSA way is that it makes it really tough to release updates. If everything's pre-extracted, I can release a small 20MB update instead of forcing everyone to re-download a 400MB package where they can simply overwrite the existing resources.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Naky posted:

Police: To answer your much earlier question while I was at work, the reason why I don't really want to do it the BSA way is that it makes it really tough to release updates. If everything's pre-extracted, I can release a small 20MB update instead of forcing everyone to re-download a 400MB package where they can simply overwrite the existing resources.

Ok, I didnt think of that.

The most bandwith-saving way would be to do one main download with the .BSA for people that never had the mod and then to apply a patch download with subsequent patches. (basically means a program that compares the original BSA to any changed BSA and write these changes into a file, this file can then be applied to other original BSAs to make them look like the changed one) You can package all this cleanly into a FOMOD too.

I have literally no idea how the situation on patch-tools like this is with windows though, I don't really know much about windows to be honest. I guess they'd cost money.

The other way would be to make the script simply extract all it's contents and overwrite files when necessary. I guess the size difference wouldn't be huge even if noticeable to a patched BSA, I have no idea what your bandwith situation is, even though I guess there are still enough people around where a filesize difference in a download between 1 MB to 5 MB still matters, that's why I mentioned the solution earlier in the first place.

Since you didn't say anything else I guess how I thought of doing the script is fine, I'll continue with that then.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Mar 29, 2011

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Police Automaton posted:

Ok, I didnt think of that.

The most bandwith-saving way would be to do one main download with the .BSA for people that never had the mod and then to apply a diff-patch download with subsequent patches. (basically means a program that compares the original BSA to any changed BSA and write these changes into a file, this file can then be applied to other original BSAs to make them look like the changed one) You can package all this cleanly into a FOMOD too.

Aren't BSA's mostly binary files? Binary diffs are screwy at best, useless at worst.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Jan posted:

Aren't BSA's mostly binary files? Binary diffs are screwy at best, useless at worst.

I just changed my post and started talking about general patch tools, I don't really know why I talked about diff-patches myself. :shobon:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Police Automaton posted:

Since you didn't say anything else I guess how I thought of doing the script is fine, I'll continue with that then.

Seemed like it was a good work in progress. We'll see how it goes when you're closer to finished and go from there.

And yeah, there's a lot of people with metered internet who would probably appreciate downloading a simple update instead of a giant package all over again.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Not sure how easy it would be to port this over, as it seems to rely heavily on FOSE, but if possible I'd love to see this mod, which has bows and arrows end up in the armory. I've wanted bows and arrows in Fallout for so long, mainly because I want to roleplay Rambo. :smith:

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Safety Hammer posted:

Arenovalis, those are lookin sweet. What do you model in?

3ds Max 2011 and Photoshop CS5. Occasionally maybe some additional tools for little things, but mainly those two.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Naky posted:

Seemed like it was a good work in progress. We'll see how it goes when you're closer to finished and go from there.

And yeah, there's a lot of people with metered internet who would probably appreciate downloading a simple update instead of a giant package all over again.

A quick googling around didn't really show me any easily usable patchtools who are also freeware and less than almost a decade old. I guess going the way with just packing all .nifs and .dds and whatever is needed per update is the only way to (easily) go. It at least has the upside that the danger of running into "versioning hell" is quite a bit lower. I'll prepare for that then. The reason I ask so many questions and talk so often about it is because I'm a lazy bum and want to make this script in a way that it doesn't need to be touched in major ways again, even for updates. I hope I didn't come across as a douchebag.

I screwed a little with my 8 GB of RAM around today. I noticed that it doesn't make any difference if I have 4 or 8 GB of RAM for NV, even if it's large adress space aware, which doesn't suprise me horribly, seeing as I've never seen NV use more than 2 GB of RAM at once. I'm pretty sure that's because there's a hardwired limit in the engine of how much to cache, no matter how much system RAM there is. There's little improvement when it's ran with other memory hogging applications, I guess that's more of a swap thing than anything else though.

I also experimented with a 4 GB RAMdisk, swapping out the original meshes and texture BSAs to it and creating symbolic links to them in the data folder. along with some choice textures and meshes I replaced and figured would be used often. So far I have observed that the biggest effect is by far through copying texture files to RAM, meshes themselves don't really seem to have a big impact. It's funny to note that this doesn't solve the issue of traveling through exterior cells at all, but removed all the little stutters created by turning around fast, and, most surprisingly of all, all combat and especially VATS stutter. I have no idea why, it doesn't seem very intuitive, but there's a rather big, noticeable effect. I wonder what that game does with it's textures, feels like they get kicked out of video and system RAM at the earliest possible time (and end up being reloaded often, this might as well happen with meshes too for all I know, but textures are quite a different size compared to meshes). I'll experiment a little further with this, and maybe also actually play the game a little, who knows..

Gyshall posted:

Not sure how easy it would be to port this over, as it seems to rely heavily on FOSE, but if possible I'd love to see this mod, which has bows and arrows end up in the armory. I've wanted bows and arrows in Fallout for so long, mainly because I want to roleplay Rambo. :smith:

I like that radmantis, even though it looks eerie familiar..

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 29, 2011

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Police Automaton posted:

I also experimented with a 4 GB RAMdisk, swapping out the original meshes and texture BSAs to it and creating symbolic links to them in the data folder. along with some choice textures and meshes I replaced and figured would be used often. So far I have observed that the biggest effect is by far through copying texture files to RAM, meshes themselves don't really seem to have a big impact. It's funny to note that this doesn't solve the issue of traveling through exterior cells at all, but removed all the little stutters created by turning around fast, and, most surprisingly of all, all combat and especially VATS stutter. I have no idea why, it doesn't seem very intuitive, but there's a rather big, noticeable effect. I wonder what that game does with it's textures, feels like they get kicked out of video and system RAM at the earliest possible time (and end up being reloaded often, this might as well happen with meshes too for all I know, but textures are quite a different size compared to meshes). I'll experiment a little further with this, and maybe also actually play the game a little, who knows..

Just dumping the whole game folder on my SSD did wonders for load times, but it still gets occasional stutters which ProcMon reads as some ReadFile happening on the main thread and taking a second or so. I initially suspected my HDD of being the culprit of these stutters, but I'm beginning to think Gamebryo just isn't very good at I/O anymore.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
I wish I could afford a SSD. The memory was just like 20 bucks so I went with that. :(

To me a big problem (not even with gamebryo, with lots of others too) seems to be that game engines are not really aggressive about using system resources. My personal theory is that many programmers working on those are working after the rule that it's best to be frugal and clean neatly up after you used something. While this makes perfect sense for applications, it doesn't make much sense for games. When I play a game in full screen, the chances that I've got resource intensive other applications running aren't very high, to say the least, also most computers games tend to be played on aren't fulfilling an important server function with background processes that need to be responsive. Many games are way to passive about grabbing everything for themselves, especially memory, and way to happy to free up what they needed instead of caching it for later.

Well that being said, many games are still stuck in the 32 bit age with all it's limitations, even if most of them wouldn't really run in any nice way on the latest 32 bit processors/systems. It feels like it'll still take ages until this changes.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Police Automaton posted:

I like that radmantis, even though it looks eerie familiar..
That's because it's the arachnid from Starship Troopers. Possibly even a straight rip from the game.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Regarding the bow n arrow, it would never make the stock version of The Armory due to the reliance on external scripting but if someone wants to port it I can help with art assets and Armory compatible esps can be made. Essentially an optional submod.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Gyshall posted:

Wow, I've never even heard of this FO3 mod. Crude new enemy models that are popular in games because they're like the first thing you learn to make in Maya 3D? Check.

Blatant rips from other games shoehorned into Fallout universe with vaguely canon-sounding names? Check.

Weird, untextured / palette swapped poo poo haphazardly thrown into mod? Check.

Tin can bow and arrow? Hell yes.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

I never understood why it's so difficult to make a bow and arrow mod for Fallout when it is essentially the same engine that Oblivion uses. Bonus points if someone makes one that actually relies on survival skill for damage, meaning you could potentially play through the game without relying on anything but survival. It would sure add some value to the skill especially if you use a mod like IMCNNV where the healing is removed from food items.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 29, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

SheepNameKiller posted:

I never understood why it's so difficult to make a bow and arrow mod for Fallout when it is essentially the same engine that Oblivion uses. Bonus points if someone makes one that actually relies on survival skill for damage, meaning you could potentially play through the game without relying on anything but survival. It would sure add some value to the skill especially if you use a mod like IMCNNV where the healing is removed from food items.

There's virtually no work to be done in porting that mod to NV by someone who knows how to script/code. Isolate the code, set it up for NVSE if necessary, and put it in its own ESP and I can port over the art assets and include the base weapon in the ESM that's unused except by the optional ESP and any special leveled list mods that include it or whatever. This way it can take advantage of the already existing arrow/exploding arrow recipes and ammo types.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I may have a go at trying to port that poo poo. I've decided that I enjoy modding Fallout more than playing it for the 11teenth time, so I'll see how this turns out.

poo poo could use a better texture/model. It looks like rear end in game.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Gyshall posted:

I may have a go at trying to port that poo poo. I've decided that I enjoy modding Fallout more than playing it for the 11teenth time, so I'll see how this turns out.

poo poo could use a better texture/model. It looks like rear end in game.

It's possible we can swap it out for a better one from Oblivion.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i'd like to let everyone know that ahztek is such a huge piece of poo poo that he disabled mipmaps for a good half of the textures of his models so naky gets to contemplate suicide while exporting and re-importing those textures so they have them and will thus work in medium/low detail

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
Also whoever make the texture for the Saiga does not know what the gently caress he's doing. I'm currently finagling a shotgun onto a flatbed scanner because he used the same grey photoshop clouds texture for the ENTIRE THING except the stock, foregrip, and pistol grip. Don't even get me started on the UV mapping.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i'd like to let everyone know that ahztek is such a huge piece of poo poo

Heh, I already let everyone know this back in FO3 :smug:

But yea his whole package is really zero-effort and poor quality barring a few exceptions.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Mr. Crow posted:

Heh, I already let everyone know this back in FO3 :smug:

But yea his whole package is really zero-effort and poor quality barring a few exceptions.

Yeah, well the fun part was trying to figure out WHY the textures wouldn't show on low/medium through a nice long list of process of elimination. Found out last night via experimentation that he cut out the mipmaps for each and every texture. I'm assuming to save space, because otherwise I've got no explanation. In any case, I'm fixing them all and the next update will also include those fixes... along with a disgustingly large amount of other fixes most people probably didn't notice.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Naky posted:

Yeah, well the fun part was trying to figure out WHY the textures wouldn't show on low/medium through a nice long list of process of elimination. Found out last night via experimentation that he cut out the mipmaps for each and every texture. I'm assuming to save space, because otherwise I've got no explanation. In any case, I'm fixing them all and the next update will also include those fixes... along with a disgustingly large amount of other fixes most people probably didn't notice.

I seem to recall this starting off as an innocent and relatively non-committal project you were doing. And then it sucked you in. To this day I wonder how much of a poo poo storm the Armory would conjure up if it were to be released on a site like the Nexus. That is, if it could even get through the initial "gratitude and credits" screening. I imagine it would be quite a spergy storm...and the idea amuses me.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I seem to recall this starting off as an innocent and relatively non-committal project you were doing. And then it sucked you in. To this day I wonder how much of a poo poo storm the Armory would conjure up if it were to be released on a site like the Nexus. That is, if it could even get through the initial "gratitude and credits" screening. I imagine it would be quite a spergy storm...and the idea amuses me.

They all start this way. In Fallout 3 I remember deciding to fix an issue in the popular Rain and Snow weather mod. I figure it won't be that hard and if I can't do it then no biggie.

*6 hours later*

gently caress YOU WHY WON'T YOU WORK

Epilogue: I did eventually get it working.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Honestly, I enjoy it. This has been a pretty weak year for games so far for me what with DA2/Homefront being massive let-downs and Crysis 2 is pretty much nearly done, so I really don't have too much else to do with my time at least until DX3 comes out.

Here's the thing though - with the next update to bring me up to 2.0, I'd like to go 'public' so to speak. But only if Magic gives the okay, it's his hosting and his money paying the server bill - else I'll have to find another solution like fileplanet I suppose. Before that though, I have a lot of things I'd like to do first but a lot are time consuming or out of my skill level. One big thing I want to do that will take up a lot of time is some sort of wiki/PDF/database of all the weapons, their stats, what rank they'd be in terms of early/mid/late game, a screenshot, what mods they take, etc. I'm not really sure how to go abouts doing that. I don't think I can set up a database on the hosting that Magic gave me so a wiki there is out, but I hesitate to create a giant PDF file too. And old school HTML tables just seems terrifically 1995. Sooo....

Beyond that, I'm also aiming to make the next update about as stupidly polished as it can get. No more missing textures, incorrect projectilenodes, bad iron sights, etc. I'm also planning on going back to the weapons that lack any sort of iron sighting at all and adding them into the mesh and redoing their IS then. I think that there won't be too many more guns being added that I haven't already added unless we get a few more volunteers to help clean up some of the existing weapons. The meshes are never usually the issue, but it's almost always the textures for them that really get a gun kicked out of the pack or refused entry to it. Safety's going to do what he can for as long as he's willing but I imagine there will only be so much the poor guy can do.

That way, when it's all done and I release this thing into the wild for all to see, they can see how it frigging well should have been done in the first place and if it can't be perfect then you try as hard as you can to get close to it. And of course, all the other mod authors are free to take their weapons back and throw them in their own mods again. I don't particularly care, but I really hope they take the time to look at what was done and learn from it.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Naky posted:

Here's the thing though - with the next update to bring me up to 2.0, I'd like to go 'public' so to speak. But only if Magic gives the okay, it's his hosting and his money paying the server bill - else I'll have to find another solution like fileplanet I suppose. Before that though, I have a lot of things I'd like to do first but a lot are time consuming or out of my skill level. One big thing I want to do that will take up a lot of time is some sort of wiki/PDF/database of all the weapons, their stats, what rank they'd be in terms of early/mid/late game, a screenshot, what mods they take, etc. I'm not really sure how to go abouts doing that. I don't think I can set up a database on the hosting that Magic gave me so a wiki there is out, but I hesitate to create a giant PDF file too. And old school HTML tables just seems terrifically 1995. Sooo....

Have you considered wikia? I've never used it and have only seen the results, but it seems like it lets you pretty much throw together your own wiki.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
Probably the stupidest request/question you guys will get, but is there a mod that changes the verbal dialogue of the Legion's moronic pronunciations of Latin words/phrases?

If yes, might I get a link? If no, is it possible for someone to simply dub over certain words a-la the dub over for Kill Bill? :v: I really want to see Caesar introduce himself as "Party."

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I have web hosting, but it only allows 250 gigs of bandwidth a month. Even if I hosted your poo poo, Naky, I'm pretty sure dozens of goons downloading it, let alone pubbies, would make bounceweb scream and poo poo the bed :(

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Sole.Sushi posted:

Probably the stupidest request/question you guys will get, but is there a mod that changes the verbal dialogue of the Legion's moronic pronunciations of Latin words/phrases?

You realize that the legion's pronunciations are more in-tune with the actual latin pronunciation, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Naky posted:

Honestly, I enjoy it. This has been a pretty weak year for games so far for me what with DA2/Homefront being massive let-downs and Crysis 2 is pretty much nearly done, so I really don't have too much else to do with my time at least until DX3 comes out.

Beyond that, I'm also aiming to make the next update about as stupidly polished as it can get. No more missing textures, incorrect projectilenodes, bad iron sights, etc. I'm also planning on going back to the weapons that lack any sort of iron sighting at all and adding them into the mesh and redoing their IS then. I think that there won't be too many more guns being added that I haven't already added unless we get a few more volunteers to help clean up some of the existing weapons. The meshes are never usually the issue, but it's almost always the textures for them that really get a gun kicked out of the pack or refused entry to it. Safety's going to do what he can for as long as he's willing but I imagine there will only be so much the poor guy can do.

That way, when it's all done and I release this thing into the wild for all to see, they can see how it frigging well should have been done in the first place and if it can't be perfect then you try as hard as you can to get close to it. And of course, all the other mod authors are free to take their weapons back and throw them in their own mods again. I don't particularly care, but I really hope they take the time to look at what was done and learn from it.

ModDB would be a good place to host http://www.moddb.com/games/fallout-new-vegas. I'm not sure about their policies but it can't be worse then nexus (as far as rabidly pursuing permissions when the work is clearly no longer a steaming poo poo pile). Might also throw it up on nexus just for shits to see if they take it down or not and if not there ya go.

Also I can't thank you guys enough for doing this, I'm really spergy about professional quality stuff only in my games/mods and it makes me happy someone else is going through the effort to do that with all those horrible weapon mods out there.