Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Kukaramanza
Jun 28, 2008

Internet Gentleman posted:

It might be the very beginning of Dead Alive
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103873/

Someone put the first part on Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzdg50y_ngg

And you should watch Dead Alive anyways because it's awesome.

Thanks! That does look a lot like it. The only difference is that I remember that the guy started bleeding from his feet, but given the time that passed, I might be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herpus Derpus
Nov 9, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I remember a movie about the thirteenth floor of a building. I'm pretty sure it was horror, because during one part a man or woman forgets their glasses, accidentally goes to the thirteenth floor, and is murdered(?). I think nobody believes that the thirteenth floor actually exists, or that it's empty, but people keep taking an elevator there by accident. The most vivid image I remember is of a character looking at a drawing of all the floors on the building, with the thirteenth floor filled with monsters.

I saw it around 1994-1997 on basic cable, so it was probably released in 1993-1996, but I'm not absolutely sure.

If anyone knows what it is, I'd be forever grateful. I've wondered about the name for approximately three quarters of my life now.

Masa
Jun 20, 2003
Generic Newbie

Corpus Sapiens posted:

I remember a movie about the thirteenth floor of a building. I'm pretty sure it was horror, because during one part a man or woman forgets their glasses, accidentally goes to the thirteenth floor, and is murdered(?). I think nobody believes that the thirteenth floor actually exists, or that it's empty, but people keep taking an elevator there by accident. The most vivid image I remember is of a character looking at a drawing of all the floors on the building, with the thirteenth floor filled with monsters.

I saw it around 1994-1997 on basic cable, so it was probably released in 1993-1996, but I'm not absolutely sure.

If anyone knows what it is, I'd be forever grateful. I've wondered about the name for approximately three quarters of my life now.

IMDB has a movie from 1993 with the keyword "thireenth-floor" that sounds kind of similar called Silver. Is that it?

Herpus Derpus
Nov 9, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Masa posted:

IMDB has a movie from 1993 with the keyword "thireenth-floor" that sounds kind of similar called Silver. Is that it?

I checked and that doesn't sound like it. Thanks for trying though.

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007

VorpalBunny posted:

I saw a whacked out movie on one of the Chinese cable channels a few years ago. It was a period piece about a young Chinese boy who's penis gets chopped off in order to serve his master as a kind of eunuch and wears it around his neck on a string. There's a scene later in the movie where there's a fire, and I think the boy's penis gets burned up.

I remember liking other aspects of the film, but the whole penis thing stuck out to me, especially as I was watching this on basic cable! Anyone have any idea what this film might have been?

I don't think it's In The Realm of the Senses, as I seem to remember it being something of an action film.

http://www.imdb.com/keyword/eunuch/

Quite a few Chinese movies in here, maybe the plot summaries could jog your memory.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Dancing Potato posted:

http://www.imdb.com/keyword/eunuch/

Quite a few Chinese movies in here, maybe the plot summaries could jog your memory.

Holy cow, this is it! Thanks!

Sammo Hung?! Crazy. Too bad it's not on Netflix or online anywhere that I can find.

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P

tacodaemon posted:

Sounds like Yankee Doodle in Berlin, which was one of a bunch of silents TCM showed in November.

Yup that's it! Thanks!

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Corpus Sapiens posted:

There is a horror movie from 1988 called The 13th Floor but I never saw it so have no idea if it's the one you are talking about.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094591/combined

mediaman
May 11, 2004

That's the beauty of it. It doesn't DO anything!
This has always been in the back of my mind.

Where: 1980's Sunday afternoon movie on DC tv 5 or 20
Details: in color
Looks like it was shot in the 1960's (from my memory as a 10 year old at the time)
male lead (I remember him as someone I saw in another sitcom, like a Dick Van Dyke or Arthur Lake from the old Blondie show)

Plot: Man who is an inventor or scientist or marketing ad agent comes up with this super wafer. It was a colorful, shiny wafer about the size of a quarter - kind of like a Necco wafer, but glittered in the light. When consumed by humans it provides some kind of super ability, super memory etc. The movie Limitless reminded me of this lost memory of a wacky movie. In the movie, there are billboards ready to announce this amazing wafer with these amazing properties! The signs are teasers with messages like "Your life will change with Brand X!" Everyone is talking about what this product is/does. Then the recipe is lost or there's a serious side effect. The tone of the movie is fun and family friendly.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Masa posted:

No, Sliver was a sexytime thriller staring one of the goddamn Baldwins (Steven? I forget) and Sharon Stone, back when both were still considered hot.

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

mediaman posted:

This has always been in the back of my mind.

Where: 1980's Sunday afternoon movie on DC tv 5 or 20
Details: in color
Looks like it was shot in the 1960's (from my memory as a 10 year old at the time)
male lead (I remember him as someone I saw in another sitcom, like a Dick Van Dyke or Arthur Lake from the old Blondie show)

Plot: Man who is an inventor or scientist or marketing ad agent comes up with this super wafer. It was a colorful, shiny wafer about the size of a quarter - kind of like a Necco wafer, but glittered in the light. When consumed by humans it provides some kind of super ability, super memory etc. The movie Limitless reminded me of this lost memory of a wacky movie. In the movie, there are billboards ready to announce this amazing wafer with these amazing properties! The signs are teasers with messages like "Your life will change with Brand X!" Everyone is talking about what this product is/does. Then the recipe is lost or there's a serious side effect. The tone of the movie is fun and family friendly.

There were three Disney live-action films starring Kurt Russell that might fit the bill. There was "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, Now You See Him, Now You Don't, and The Strongest Man in the World.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
This is a huge long shot, but I'm looking for an hour-long (maybe 90 min.) TV movie that ran on HBO in the mid to late 90's. This was about a boy in elementary or middle school who had AIDS. There was a bunch of controversy in the school, some staff didn't want him being a student there. At one point in the film he gets into a fight / needs a bandaid of some sort and it causes even more of a poo poo storm.

cloudy
Jul 3, 2007

Alive to the universe; dead to the world.
Someone must know what this is from. It seems like it should be so obvious.

cloudy fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Mar 30, 2011

Buml0r
Sep 15, 2003

WIGGLE HE
^^ It's a Slitheen, one of the worst Doctor Who monsters from the comeback series in 2005 with Christopher Eccleston.

Edit - worst, because they are usually disguised as righteously smug overweight humans who think farting is hilarious and don't think their plots through properly. Luckily, Steven Moffat has now inherited the series. Wait, I think I lost track somewhere there.

Buml0r fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Mar 30, 2011

cloudy
Jul 3, 2007

Alive to the universe; dead to the world.

Buml0r posted:

^^ It's a Slitheen, one of the worst Doctor Who monsters from the comeback series in 2005 with Christopher Eccleston.

Edit - worst, because they are usually disguised as righteously smug overweight humans who think farting is hilarious and don't think their plots through properly. Luckily, Steven Moffat has now inherited the series. Wait, I think I lost track somewhere there.

Oh poo poo. You're right. Not a movie at all. But I knew I'd seen it!

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

codyclarke posted:

This is a huge long shot, but I'm looking for an hour-long (maybe 90 min.) TV movie that ran on HBO in the mid to late 90's. This was about a boy in elementary or middle school who had AIDS. There was a bunch of controversy in the school, some staff didn't want him being a student there. At one point in the film he gets into a fight / needs a bandaid of some sort and it causes even more of a poo poo storm.

Could be The Ryan White Story, a TV movie about Ryan White. It started out on ABC, though. I don't know if it ever made it to HBO.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

SaintFu posted:

Could be The Ryan White Story, a TV movie about Ryan White. It started out on ABC, though. I don't know if it ever made it to HBO.

This is it! Thanks! Wow, had no idea it was Lukas Haas.

mediaman
May 11, 2004

That's the beauty of it. It doesn't DO anything!
Thanks Sizzlechest. The closest would probably be "The Strongest Man..." but that's not it. I distinctly remember these shiny colorful wafers that gave people either euphoria or memory or smarts...

Sizzlechest posted:

There were three Disney live-action films starring Kurt Russell that might fit the bill. There was "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, Now You See Him, Now You Don't, and The Strongest Man in the World.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I remember watching a movie in middle school where it's World War 2 and it's set in America. A japanese sub or ship is sunk and one of the soldiers lives and washes up on shore and a group of American boys find him. They, I think befriend him and nurse him back to health or something. I think that's how the movie goes. Sorry it's so vague.

Susan B. Antimony
Aug 25, 2008

I've been trying to think of the name of possibly the worst movie I've ever seen--it was almost certainly in the 90s--it's about a child talent agent who is down on his luck and teams up with a sassy minority child, making her the spokesperson for a cookie company and regaining his love of life/success/way with kids. I thought it starred someone like Emilio Estevez or Bill Pullman, but their filmographies don't contain this turd so far as I can see.

Please help.

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Susan B. Antimony posted:

Please help.

Life with Mikey, with Michael J. Fox?

Susan B. Antimony
Aug 25, 2008

westborn posted:

Life with Mikey, with Michael J. Fox?

Holy loving poo poo. Thank you so much!

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es
I'm reposting this, because no one got it the first time.

The scene I remember is some cop, maybe Brian Dennehey, pulls over a couple driving a classic car. The guy driving says he did all the work on it himself. Eventually, the cop makes the guy get some grease from the car (saying "I thought you kept this car cherry, boy?") and uses it to rape the girlfriend. He tells the guy he can turn around, and if the gun is not pointed at him, they can go, but if it is, he will kill them both. The guy doesn't turn around (the gun is not pointed at him).

The next day or something, the couple confronts the cop at some diner.

This has been driving me nuts forever.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I remember watching a movie in middle school where it's World War 2 and it's set in America. A japanese sub or ship is sunk and one of the soldiers lives and washes up on shore and a group of American boys find him. They, I think befriend him and nurse him back to health or something. I think that's how the movie goes. Sorry it's so vague.

Russkies, starring a young Joaquin Phoenix.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

Russkies, starring a young Joaquin Phoenix.
At least I got the main idea right haha. Thank you

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!
Here's a tough one based on fuzzy memory obscured by nearly three decades:

Mid-80's, I was watching cable TV at my grandmother's house. It was some sort of corny low-budget sci-fi flick set on a spaceship with lots of red/orange/silver sets that looked like painted cardboard. There was a big brown monster that looked like a bipedal turd. I'm pretty sure it had a single big yellow eye in the middle of its turdlike head.

The turdbeast ripped a scientist's arm off, and he acted like that was no big deal. The monster may or may not have continued to dismember and kill him, not sure. There was a woman around, perhaps with curly dark hair, and some other people.

I think someone got sucked out of an airlock, possibly the monster. There may or may not have been bubble-style space helmets.

As I write this, I realize that parts of it could be misconstrued to mean Alien with Sigourney Weaver. This is definitely NOT that movie.

The one-eyed turdbeast gave me nightmares for weeks. Help me face my fears, goons. Find this movie for me so I can laugh about it on Youtube.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

basx posted:

Here's a tough one based on fuzzy memory obscured by nearly three decades:

Mid-80's, I was watching cable TV at my grandmother's house. It was some sort of corny low-budget sci-fi flick set on a spaceship with lots of red/orange/silver sets that looked like painted cardboard. There was a big brown monster that looked like a bipedal turd. I'm pretty sure it had a single big yellow eye in the middle of its turdlike head.

The turdbeast ripped a scientist's arm off, and he acted like that was no big deal. The monster may or may not have continued to dismember and kill him, not sure. There was a woman around, perhaps with curly dark hair, and some other people.

I think someone got sucked out of an airlock, possibly the monster. There may or may not have been bubble-style space helmets.

As I write this, I realize that parts of it could be misconstrued to mean Alien with Sigourney Weaver. This is definitely NOT that movie.

The one-eyed turdbeast gave me nightmares for weeks. Help me face my fears, goons. Find this movie for me so I can laugh about it on Youtube.

This is Naked Space. Kind of strange it scared you since it's supposed to be a spoof.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbdhF-jHSYM&feature=related

Slasherfan fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 1, 2011

PeppermintEgo
Feb 22, 2011

I believe this horror movie from the 80s and involved ballerinas or dancers of some sort. It probably inspired Black Swan.
It starts off with a young lady taking a taxi from the airport and going to dancing school or something and then it turns out the school is haunted and the "teachers" or whoever is ahead of the school is aware that it is haunted and is in on the whole thing.
I remember it being a beautiful film with tons of...scenes with stain-glass, and I remember the ending involved the woman opening up a hidden door or something. I think it's either in French or Spanish but I'm not even sure about that.

PeppermintEgo fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 1, 2011

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

PeppermintEgo posted:

I believe this horror movie from the 80s and involved ballerinas or dancers of some sort. It probably inspired Black Swan.
It starts off with a young lady taking a taxi from the airport and going to dancing school or something and then it turns out the school is haunted and the "teachers" or whoever is ahead of the school is aware that it is haunted and is in on the whole thing.
I remember it being a beautiful film with tons of...scenes with stain-glass, and I remember the ending involved the woman opening up a hidden door or something.

Suspiria.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076786/

PeppermintEgo
Feb 22, 2011

ClydeUmney posted:

Suspiria.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076786/

Wow, found within less than five minutes. Thank you very much!

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!

Slasherfan posted:

This is Naked Space. Kind of strange it scared you since it's supposed to be a spoof.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbdhF-jHSYM&feature=related

Yes! Thank you.

I was like 7. I didn't understand spoofs, I just saw a guy being dismembered by a turdbeast.

Karpa
Jan 2, 2009
I'm trying to find an old movie (probably in the 80'-90') which is half-cartoon, half real, and starts with a guy in a car who crashes and get into that obscure cartoon world (I think he died, I don't remember). What I do remember thought, is that it was a sorta dark humor movie which ends with a scene about one of the female cartoon character wanting to become a human near some sort of skyscraper, in the night.

Any helps?

(It's not Who framed Roger Rabbit but looks a bit like it)

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Earthkrash posted:

I'm trying to find an old movie (probably in the 80'-90') which is half-cartoon, half real, and starts with a guy in a car who crashes and get into that obscure cartoon world (I think he died, I don't remember). What I do remember thought, is that it was a sorta dark humor movie which ends with a scene about one of the female cartoon character wanting to become a human near some sort of skyscraper, in the night.

Any helps?

(It's not Who framed Roger Rabbit but looks a bit like it)

This is Cool World. Which is really bad.

Karpa
Jan 2, 2009

penismightier posted:

This is Cool World. Which is really bad.

Well poo poo. I don't remember the plot at all, so I suppose I will have to see it for myself. Wish me luck. :ohdear:

Thanks thought!

Karpa fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Apr 10, 2011

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider
I love that when someone mentions a half cartoon half live action film 99% of the time you just have to glance at a list of Bakshi films to find the one that has a plot vaguely like what was posted.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

So, I'm looking for a movie I saw on tv many years ago. It's a gritty film about a band of roving mercenaries rampaging through medival Europe, raping and pillaging. I'd guess it may be from the late 80's and the actors may have spoken another language than english. I seem to recall one dude with a huge two-handed sword. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Freudian slippers posted:

So, I'm looking for a movie I saw on tv many years ago. It's a gritty film about a band of roving mercenaries rampaging through medival Europe, raping and pillaging. I'd guess it may be from the late 80's and the actors may have spoken another language than english. I seem to recall one dude with a huge two-handed sword. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Flesh+Blood maybe?

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

westborn posted:

Flesh+Blood maybe?

I think that's it! Awesome, thanks a lot :)

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Alright

This is a scene from a horror movie from sometime before 1995. The one scene I remember and I still have nightmares about from time to time is that the main star arrives at another persons house for a visit. It's quiet and all the lights are off, and they shouldn't be so the star going in the front door (which is open). No one is home and nothing is on except for the washing machine. I remember the star being scared and inching towards the the washing machine only to open it and find the tenant dead in the washing machine. There may have been a blood trail leading up to the washing machine but i can't remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

Pillowpants posted:

Alright

This is a scene from a horror movie from sometime before 1995. The one scene I remember and I still have nightmares about from time to time is that the main star arrives at another persons house for a visit. It's quiet and all the lights are off, and they shouldn't be so the star going in the front door (which is open). No one is home and nothing is on except for the washing machine. I remember the star being scared and inching towards the the washing machine only to open it and find the tenant dead in the washing machine. There may have been a blood trail leading up to the washing machine but i can't remember.
The Washing Machine?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105785/