Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
That's uh, interesting but it looks like an early J body

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

ACH-138 posted:

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/2276707337.html

1982 Datsun 200SX Convertible by American Custom Coach Works. 4 Cyl. 5 Speed. 126,396 original miles. Fair top, runs and drive well except sticky throttle. No major rust. Sun baked upholstery. Very rare vehicle!

He wants $1600

:allears:

Yeticopter
Nov 19, 2004

Everybody's favorite urban legend, now airborne.

Rontalvos posted:

Clean lookin' Tahoe.

Is there something I'm missing here? $5000 doesn't seem like an incredibly great deal for this truck, it looks like the most average CL posting out there.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Yeticopter posted:

Is there something I'm missing here? $5000 doesn't seem like an incredibly great deal for this truck, it looks like the most average CL posting out there.
It's not a Tahoe pictured.

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk
Haha yeah last I checked the Tahoe was an SUV.

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

heat posted:

Haha yeah last I checked the Tahoe was an SUV.

...and a Chevrolet

ge.hale
Feb 1, 2006

Yeticopter posted:

Your AI card has been revoked, please turn it in immediately. :colbert:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

ACH-138 posted:

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/2276707337.html

1982 Datsun 200SX Convertible by American Custom Coach Works. 4 Cyl. 5 Speed. 126,396 original miles. Fair top, runs and drive well except sticky throttle. No major rust. Sun baked upholstery. Very rare vehicle!

He wants $1600

How much would it cost to get a top replaced that you can't buy off the shelf?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

VideoTapir posted:

How much would it cost to get a top replaced that you can't buy off the shelf?

Nothing a $10 blue tarp couldn't fix :haw:

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1995-lamborghini-project-for-sale-W0QQAdIdZ266365456

To contribute: A bargain $85K Lambroghini "project"

It's a good deal though because he'll throw in some kitcar parts :saddowns:

quote:

This Running1995 Lamborghini Diablo has been my restoration project for several years. I have collected most of the parts required to make it into a beautiful "real" Diablo. So far I have $70,000 invested but due to other unfortunate circumstances I cannot continue with this restoration. I have a '97 Diablo Roadster and a 02 Muricelago so I do have a good appreciation of what it would take to finish this. Initially I took this on because I just couldn't watch a once beautiful car be torn up for parts, another reason was to prove that some stunningly ignorant and obnoxious people were just that.

This car would be perfect for someone with kit car or body shop experience. This is essentially a 1995 coupe with an "SE" center section and it does have a "rebuilt/salvage title". You will see from the pictures that It has beautiful interior components with carbon fiber and Suede Diablo seats, [worth about $15,000 alone]. Also it has a set of new P-Zero wheels and tires and a new front bumper. At one time I thought I might use some kit car parts so I bought a complete "Diablo Roadster fiberglass kit" which will also come with the package. Most of the required parts are there but it does need rear quarter windows.

Surprising as it may seem the engine runs with "NO ENGINE LIGHTS". The steering and main running gear have been restored to close to factory specs, however I don't think I would try for the advertised 200 mph. make it look like new, for a reasonable price.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slidebite fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 31, 2011

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
It looks great with just the exposed frame, I'd treat it like a VW dune buggy.

Not for that money, of course. Who would buy a salvage titled Lamborghini for $85k in the first place?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

"I own two Lamborghinis but can't afford to finish this project." :crossarms:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Asking a good bit over KBB on my mother-in-law's Camry, since the only comparable listings on CL are asking even further over KBB for cars with 200k+ miles and/or salvage titles, but just got this gem in email:

quote:

U out of u mind I just check kbb and u car is worth it 3000 exelent 2600good2100 fair as nd idnt think u car is exelents by the pics I can tell u that people r so stupid that why am kind afraid getin a car at craiglist people buy and sell car.shyty.dealers and now u tell me that come u should know what u sell dont scru up people good luck if somebody give u 3500

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I know this isn't Craigslist, but I don't know what to make of this el camino:

Ad is here.

On one hand I know it's stupid, on the other I want it.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

As Nero Danced posted:

I know this isn't Craigslist, but I don't know what to make of this el camino:

Ad is here.

On one hand I know it's stupid, on the other I want it.

drat Americans, always copying us Aussies.

:australia:

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

slidebite posted:

Nothing a $10 blue tarp couldn't fix :haw:

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1995-lamborghini-project-for-sale-W0QQAdIdZ266365456

To contribute: A bargain $85K Lambroghini "project"

It's a good deal though because he'll throw in some kitcar parts :saddowns:

what is is with albertans and crazy kitcars/rare exotics that have been sitting in their garage for 10+ years?

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

cloudstrife2993 posted:

what is is with albertans and crazy kitcars/rare exotics that have been sitting in their garage for 10+ years?

Alberta is like America's south; except everyone is rich from working the oilsands. :haw:

Instead of Camaros and Firebirds on blocks, you have Lambos half built.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
How long is that oil sands thing expected to last?

Because god drat that is gonna be some Fallout-level wasteland when it's all over.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

2ndclasscitizen posted:

drat Americans, always copying us Aussies.

:australia:

That is hella-loving-balls-to-the-wall awesome.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

VideoTapir posted:

How long is that oil sands thing expected to last?

Wiki posted:

Oil sands may represent as much as two-thirds of the world's total "liquid" hydrocarbon resource, with at least 1.7 trillion barrels (270×109 m3) in the Canadian Athabasca Oil Sands (assuming a 10% recovery).
So for a little while at least.

quote:

Because god drat that is gonna be some Fallout-level wasteland when it's all over.
At risk of sounding like some industry shill, the Alberta Government actually has some pretty strict reclamation regulations now. A lot of people would like to make everyone think it'll look like a strip mined wasteland when it's done, but the oil companies must restore it to a pre development level before they are able to walk away from it.
http://environment.alberta.ca/02012.html

quote:

Regulations

Alberta has strict regulations and policies in place to help manage the impact of oil sands industry on the environment. Alberta Environment and Alberta Sustainable Resource Development require reclaimed land to be capable of supporting a range of land uses similar to that of predisturbance. Alberta Environment and Alberta Sustainable Resource and Development ensure that the results of a company's remediation and reclamation activities meet Alberta's strict standards.

Through the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act (EPEA) it is the approval holder's responsibility to:

conserve and reclaim the disturbed land (Section 137(1) of EPEA) with the objective of returning the land to an equivalent land capability
operate under approved conservation and reclamation plans outlined in EPEA operating approvals
receive reclamation certificates issued by the Government of Alberta before being relieved of responsibility for a property

Not only does the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act require all land to be reclaimed, but all costs be are to be the responsibility of the approval holder.
Some more info on a syncrude mine area that was certified a few years back
http://www.syncrude.ca/users/folder.asp?FolderID=5909

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what
Here's a nice polluted tract in scenic South Jersey, contaminated with some Air Cooled ephemera.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/pts/2285639796.html

More pics in the ad, and the photos in the ad link to a photobucket album. Doesn't look like any floorpans can be saved, but lots of trim and glass, and who know what go-fast parts might be hiding under some of those hoods...

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I want to go there SO bad.

Also, nice job collecting them for 30 years and spelling it wrong twice.

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

That's not quite as fun as the superfund site they're trying to pass off as salable land in NH (only a million dollars for hundreds of cars on 40 acres or whatever it was). Still pretty impressive though.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

slidebite posted:

So for a little while at least.

At risk of sounding like some industry shill, the Alberta Government actually has some pretty strict reclamation regulations now. A lot of people would like to make everyone think it'll look like a strip mined wasteland when it's done, but the oil companies must restore it to a pre development level before they are able to walk away from it.
http://environment.alberta.ca/02012.html

I was thinking more economically/socially.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Oh god, Fort McMurray and the area around it is already socially a wasteland. Economically, it is its own planet.

RazorDX
Nov 7, 2008

"NEVER SEEN BAD WEATHER"
Riiight.

wav3form
Aug 10, 2008

RazorDX posted:

"NEVER SEEN BAD WEATHER"
Riiight.

Nice. Anyone else hate it when people describe options and such as "toys"? I hate that.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
$8,000 for a loving Fiero? I mean, I'd love to have that car... if it were half the money maybe.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

RazorDX posted:

"NEVER SEEN BAD WEATHER"
Riiight.

Weather looks pretty good to me.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Q_res posted:

$8,000 for a loving Fiero? I mean, I'd love to have that car... if it were half the money maybe.

Personally, I like the idea that someone would care about "numbers matching" this ain't a GT350 were are talking about.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

wav3form posted:

Nice. Anyone else hate it when people describe options and such as "toys"? I hate that.

But that's what you tell the men from the boys with

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

oddspelling posted:

That is hella-loving-balls-to-the-wall awesome.
There were heaps of these things made.
http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/ecars/Conv/Overlander/Ute.html
They made utes, and wagons, I have even seen a panelvan version.

Do a search for 'holden overlander' for pics and vids.

edit: ford did it too http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/ecars/Ford/Falcon.html

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Apr 1, 2011

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what

Kylie Sven Opossum posted:

I want to go there SO bad.

Also, nice job collecting them for 30 years and spelling it wrong twice.
Just caught that mistake myself. I love it when people spell it "Volkswagon" like it's a fucken Radio-Flyer.

BetaTested
Nov 27, 2006

The Rocket Salad posted:

Here's a nice polluted tract in scenic South Jersey, contaminated with some Air Cooled ephemera.

More pics in the ad, and the photos in the ad link to a photobucket album. Doesn't look like any floorpans can be saved, but lots of trim and glass, and who know what go-fast parts might be hiding under some of those hoods...

As someone who recently got the air cooled itch, this poo poo makes me sadface. The white Ghia especially so, there's pretty much no saving that car. Not worth it.

It's been pretty hilarious looking at ads for split window vans too. $4k for a rusty non running, not complete car. Bad sadly that seems to be a legit price :( And holy gently caress balls the price of "Correct" barn doors. Yes sir, I want to spend 60+k on a 6volt 36hp van. Yep.

(I just don't quite get some facets of these things. I can't see the value in keeping everything factory original when doing things a bit different make it a much more usable car. But I don't want to own a museum piece either, so that's why.)

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
$4000 deloran anyone?

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/2301606004.html

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.

Elephanthead posted:

$4000 deloran anyone?

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/2301606004.html

I've never seen a stock DeLorean on the streets, only painted or back-to-the-future'd ones. Missouri :sigh:

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

MATLAB 1988 posted:

I've never seen a stock DeLorean on the streets, only painted or back-to-the-future'd ones. Missouri :sigh:

There are a few tasteful ones regularly taken on the streets around KC. You must live on the wrong side of the state.

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh
Numbers matching Fiero. Awesome. I'm always amazed when people post ads selling cars that are only a couple years old and I see poo poo like "one owner!!!" "Original paint" and "only 40,000 ORIGINAL MILES!!!!!!!!111111"**
I guess they see people selling old cars where this sort of thing is heavily advertised and think "great, I'll use that in my ad".

**Note to captain bring downs:
Yeah, I know that original paint, or low miles should be expected on a car thats only a few years old, but these people advertise it like its the most amazing thing in the world, and so rare for a car of that vintage.

Content.
Kijiji gold:
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1998-Subaru-Impreza-Wagon-W0QQAdIdZ268172820

OK, let me start off by saying this Impreza is only available for purchase by the manliest of men (or women). My friend, if it was possible for a vehicle to sprout chest hair and a five o'clock shadow, this Subaru would look like Tom Selleck. It is just that manly.

It was never intended to drive to the mall so you can pick up that adorable shirt at Abercrombie & Fitch that you had your eye on. It wasn't meant to transport you to yoga class or Bed Bath and Beyond. No, that's what your Prius is for. If that's the kind of car you're looking for, then just do us all a favor and stop reading right now. This car has been to hell and back, twice, and has the scars to prove it. So if you can't handle being seen behind the wheel of this biblical, fire breathing, dragon slaying, nazi killing hero because it has a few purle hearts, move on.

This wagon was engineered by 3rd degree ninja pirate super-warriors in the highest mountains of Japan to serve the needs of the man that cheats death on a daily basis. They didn't even consider superfluous nancy boy amenities like navigation systems (real men don't get lost), heated leather seats (a real man doesn't let anything warm his butt), or On Star (real men don't even know what On Star is).

No, this brute comes with the things us testosterone-fueled super action junkies need. It has a 137 HP engine to outrun the cops and a 5 speed tranmission so you know grandma wont be taking off with it when your not looking. It's saved my bacon more than once. It's got special blood/gore resistant upholstery. It even has a first-aid kit in the back. You know what the first aid kit has in it? A pint of whiskey, a stitch-your-own-wound kit and a hunk of leather to bite down on when you're operating on yourself.

My price on this bad boy is an incredibly low $2000 but I'll entertain reasonable offers. And by reasonable, I mean don't walk up and tell me you'll give me $500 for it. That's liable to earn you a Burmese-roundhouse-sphincter-kick with a follow up three fingered eye-jab. Would it hurt? Hell yeah. Let's just say you won't be the prettiest guy at the Coldplay concert anymore.

There's only 183 000 km's on this all-wheel drive hellcat from Planet Kickass. Trust me, it will outlive you and the offspring that will carry your name. It will live on as a monument to your machismo.

Now, go look in the mirror and tell me what you see. If it's a rugged, no holds barred, super brute he-man macho Chuck Norris stunt double, then reply to this ad. I might be out hang-gliding or BASE jumping or just chilling with my lady, but leave a message and I'll get back to you. And when I do, we'll talk about a price over a nice glass of Schmidt while we listen to Johnny Cash.

It passed its last e-test and safety with flying colours but is being sold as-is.

God bless

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

It would be somewhat fun to take a Delorean and just drop in 100% of another drivetrain, something reliable like an 4a-ge. I bet the logistics of the whole thing wouldn't even be that bad.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
I sent a guy on craigslist an e-mail and he said a bunch of people have been dicking around so it was time to poo poo or get off the crapper. He then gave me this link:
http://ebaymotors.shop.ebay.com.cgi...A-S2000-62.html

:tviv: I'm thinking about buying plane tickets for Friday.

Muffinpox fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

Muffinpox posted:

I sent a guy on craigslist an e-mail and he said a bunch of people have been dicking around so it was time to poo poo or get off the crapper. He then gave me this link:
http://ebaymotors.shop.ebay.com.cgi...A-S2000-62.html

:tviv: I'm thinking about buying plane tickets for Friday.

Are you joking about the plane tickets or did you not read the address bar?