Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

-Atom- posted:

Was it Robert Duvall that throws in shots about his daughters when he gets questions like that? I'm pretty sure Chris Rock plays a similar card.

The Chris Rock track from "Jack and Coke" cracks me up every time I hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream

Grant DaNasty posted:

Here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlK4Jpof_MQ&t=468s

Thanks. I wonder if she even realizes how much of a snob she sounds like.

Good Lord.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

qbert posted:

Does anyone else get annoyed when Howard asks guests how much money they make? This is a go-to question in literally every interview. This coming from a guy who adamantly refuses to discuss his own finances, ever?

Why doesn't a guest ever throw the question right back at him?

Because it is his show and they are trying to promote something usually?

He asks things you could never ask him about Beth too, it is his show, his job. I mean, come on, it is what he does. You can ask him questions on his show all you want, he doesn't need to answer them. You don't have to answer them either if you are a guest.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

therapy posted:

Thanks. I wonder if she even realizes how much of a snob she sounds like.

Good Lord.

She isn't bright enough to know that though. She needs to be told things like how she should eat and what she should eat and how to do it. She knows that she isn't that smart at all and just parrots what other people tell her. It mirrors exactly how she is on the show when she interacts with Howard.

"I was just about to say that" "I was just talking to someone about that" she's dumb and knows it and tries to unashamedly make up for it.

I don't think that Robin is a bad person, it's just that she's very narcissistic and out of touch. She's at least as much of a trainwreck as Howard is if not moreso. And I think moreso.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Streebs posted:

I only heard about 5 minutes but he was really funny in those 5 minutes.

The pet woman and rear end napkin ed... holy gently caress.

Did Norm mention Artie?

I suppose not or someone would have said something.

I Am a Keg.
Sep 25, 2008

by T. Finn
Norm brought Kevin Farley with him this morning... I forgot he existed, but then remembered that he was pretty funny on 2gether.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

chiz posted:

She isn't bright enough to know that though. She needs to be told things like how she should eat and what she should eat and how to do it. She knows that she isn't that smart at all and just parrots what other people tell her. It mirrors exactly how she is on the show when she interacts with Howard.

"I was just about to say that" "I was just talking to someone about that" she's dumb and knows it and tries to unashamedly make up for it.

I don't think that Robin is a bad person, it's just that she's very narcissistic and out of touch. She's at least as much of a trainwreck as Howard is if not moreso. And I think moreso.

Everyone on and involved with the show is like that though. Everything they get involved in they basically have to have someone else tell them what to do and hold their hand. Perfect example is Howard and his "technology". Five minutes loving around with it and a Google search should be able to answer just about any question you could possibly have. Instead he has to hire "experts" to tell him what to do and what to buy.

Look at Ralph and that Geektime show, the people he takes advice and news from is awful. They are basically talking heads from various magazines or shows.

They are all just so closeminded about anything until something they deem worthy of respect tell them the same thing everyone else had been for months. See Howard with Twitter or moving to the iPhone/Apple, etc.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Djarum posted:

Everyone on and involved with the show is like that though. Everything they get involved in they basically have to have someone else tell them what to do and hold their hand. Perfect example is Howard and his "technology". Five minutes loving around with it and a Google search should be able to answer just about any question you could possibly have. Instead he has to hire "experts" to tell him what to do and what to buy.

Look at Ralph and that Geektime show, the people he takes advice and news from is awful. They are basically talking heads from various magazines or shows.

They are all just so closeminded about anything until something they deem worthy of respect tell them the same thing everyone else had been for months. See Howard with Twitter or moving to the iPhone/Apple, etc.

well to be fair, I could see why Howard would need help from Jeff Schick on switching over to apple computer products as I would like help and advice as far as that goes if I were doing the same thing.

However, Robin did the same but mentioned that she bought a desktop, a big laptop and TWO small laptops, TWO. The gently caress. It's nice to have money to afford nice things but she is just a loving retard, once again parroting not only what Howard says, but what he does.

I still say she is the biggest offender in the way of ignorance as far as the show is concerned.

I mean is there any need for not just an extra laptop but TWO extra laptops?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I am sure her rationale is that she needs one for each of her houses. Or something.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Crazy Alice was flipping out on Robin during a news brief and mentioned how bald she is.

Arriverderci cock sucking mother fuckers!

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh
I'd like to propose we start an email campaign to the stern show asking about Robin going bald. If howard gets enough emails, he sure as gently caress can't ignore all of them.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

scapulataf posted:

I'd like to propose we start an email campaign to the stern show asking about Robin going bald. If howard gets enough emails, he sure as gently caress can't ignore all of them.

If Howard couldn't ignore emails, the show would be him and a few two headed twin clones of Billy and Artie.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

"Do you want to be exclusive with Debbie the Pet Lady?"

That sentence

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

AxeManiac posted:

Because it is his show and they are trying to promote something usually?

He asks things you could never ask him about Beth too, it is his show, his job. I mean, come on, it is what he does. You can ask him questions on his show all you want, he doesn't need to answer them. You don't have to answer them either if you are a guest.

Well to be fair, I would have love to seen one of those interviewers just non-stop ask him poo poo like that because that's exactly how he breaks though.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Kelly posted:

I am sure her rationale is that she needs one for each of her houses. Or something.

She said she wanted one small laptop to "carry around" and one "as a backup." Seriously.

Is she expecting it to break right away? I guess it's like how some people own two cell phones. I don't get it, but hey when you're 60 and still single and have way too much money...

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Here's the EXIF information for Howard's Robin picture. Nothing really identifying. He used Camera+ though.

http://regex.info/exif.cgi?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fpics.campl.us%2Ff%2Fe%2Feb21deb2aae656d8ef2c232574d8815c.jpg

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Is there such a thing as a 30-pack of beer?

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

FogHelmut posted:

Apparently so - http://taxfreeliquors.com/?pg=beer

Sams and Costco also sell them, I believe.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

FogHelmut posted:

Yes. They make fishing trips that much better.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Ha! I knew the Debbie/rear end Napkin Ed thing was fake.

They just admitted it was some lame April fools joke and scheme for them to get more airtime.

digital penitence fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 31, 2011

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

musclecoder posted:

Apparently so - http://taxfreeliquors.com/?pg=beer

Sams and Costco also sell them, I believe.

I don't know, it seems a bit odd that someone would want 30 beers. We should have Steve Langford investigate.

Bonzo posted:

Yes. They make fishing trips that much better.

Fishing trips? Are you suggesting that people use the boats that they purchased?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I think fishing is a stupid waste of time, therefore no one should do it.

Who am I?

I will accept Howard or Scott DePace

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Kelly posted:

I think fishing is a stupid waste of time, therefore no one should do it.

Who am I?

I will accept Howard or Scott DePace

Ralph, but only if everyone else in the conversion talks about how great it is.

dyn
Jan 9, 2005

Barn duelin' since '07

FogHelmut posted:

I don't know, it seems a bit odd that someone would want 30 beers. We should have Steve Langford investigate.

You can only buy packs of 24 here in Ontario, sometimes 28. If there was an option to get 30 I would. More beer = happier me.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

heavy liquid posted:

Ha! I knew the Debbie/rear end Napkin Ed thing was fake.

They just admitted it was some lame April fools joke and scheme for them to get more airtime.

I don't understand, who in the Wack Pack is currently getting more airtime than the Pet Lady?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Brocktoon posted:

I don't understand, who in the Wack Pack is currently getting more airtime than the Pet Lady?

More importantly, who from the Wack Pack is yelling that the intern call screeners to tell Howard to put them on? I'm betting on Jeff the Drunk.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Howard: "Classic Riley caller, calls in and starts with a compliment, and then complains."

Not a minute later, a caller calls Howard

Caller: "I love the new schedule on H101!"
Howard: "Thank you so much, our fans love us."
Caller: "Can you stop using the word 'retard?' It's offensive."

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

Does anyone keep track of the daily commercial breaks and lengths anymore? There's been a break at 7:00, 7:30, and 8:00 so far.

I kept track of the commercials today:

6:57:53 - 7:06:29 (8m 36s)
(missed what they were hawking)

8:17:40 - 8:29:52 (12m 12s)
Adam & Eve, Cheetah Energy Drink, I Hate Steven Singer

8:44:26 - 8:57:14 (12m 48s)
Legal Zoom, End of America 13, Beezid, Cougar Life, Identity Guard

9:40:47 - 9:46:32 (5m 45s)
American Bullion Gold, Loaded Questions, Hannah, Identity Guard, Bud Light

9:51:21 - 9:52:41 (LIVE READ) (1m 20s)
Cheetah Power Energy Drink

10:03:56 - 10:04:35 (LIVE READ) (39s)

Show ended at 10:10:40

Note that I'm counting the skits and songs that they play leading into and out of the commercials as part of the breaks.

I might be off slightly on the first commercial break, because I missed the beginning of it and had to catch it from the West Coast Feed. I think it should actually be closer to a 12m break like the others, but oh well.

So that's a total of 41m 20s worth of commercials/breaks during today's show.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I am about to lose my loving mind - the MLB games aren't available to stream online via XM? This is my first season with an XM account.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Kelly posted:

I am about to lose my loving mind - the MLB games aren't available to stream online via XM? This is my first season with an XM account.

No I don't think they've ever been allowed to. You can buy gameday audio from mlb.com for $20 a season. You could also get an app for your phone for 15 bucks that'll play radio streams for no additional charge.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I just realized I have that app so, that is good.

Can't believe they don't stream baseball. Sirius used to stream the basketball games.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

heavy liquid posted:

Note that I'm counting the skits and songs that they play leading into and out of the commercials as part of the breaks.

I wouldn't count that because lately that's been the best part of the show.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Brocktoon posted:

I wouldn't count that because lately that's been the best part of the show.

Yeah, I guess hearing a 30 year old James Taylor song or "Been Caught Stealing" is better than some of the show has been, lately. Or hearing the T-O-P-L-E-S-S prank calls for the 100th time.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

heavy liquid posted:

Yeah, I guess hearing a 30 year old James Taylor song or "Been Caught Stealing" is better than some of the show has been, lately. Or hearing the T-O-P-L-E-S-S prank calls for the 100th time.

Jack and Rod calls will never not be funny.

dyn
Jan 9, 2005

Barn duelin' since '07

Kelly posted:

My god, I can't stand watching baseball on television, I can't imagine what it would be like LISTENING to it. That would be torture.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

God, really? I can watch an entire game from start to finish no problem. I find it so relaxing.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
And it can be even better on radio. The TV crew in Philly is terrible, but the radio guys are fantastic. From reading the gameday threads in SAS it seems like most people hate their TV guys anyway.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

sedative posted:

And it can be even better on radio. The TV crew in Philly is terrible, but the radio guys are fantastic. From reading the gameday threads in SAS it seems like most people hate their TV guys anyway.

Not in Philly but I grew up in a house where any local sporting event was watched on TV with the sound down while we listened to it being called on the radio.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
With MLB.tv you can mix and match the audio (radio and tv) and video feeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'll go to a baseball game and watch it live and love it, but on TV I can't get through more than a few innings.