Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

KidDynamite posted:

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/2297370942.html

what wacky hijinks are going on here?

Maybe bought it and then got deployed? No idea. That's a bit odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm guessing bought it then lost his licence on the way home, or bought it and scared himself shitless on the way home.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

2ndclasscitizen posted:

I'm guessing bought it then lost his licence on the way home, or bought it and scared himself shitless on the way home.

Or bought it, got unemployed on the way home and the dealer was a hardass.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Story is "Cousins bike went to the navy never came back 4 it." This is seriously setting off my too good to be true alarm.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I understand it's brand new, but it's also been sitting as well. I think I'd rather just buy something that has 7-10k miles on it and have it be $5000-$5500.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

That would be good if I wasn't in New Jersey land of idiots.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Oh, I didn't notice that it's a 2007.

Definitely scam.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I doubt it's a scam. I bet money the bank still has the title.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
There was a plated XR250R like that one in Raleigh for 1300 last month
edit
plated too, although I got confused he said it has a valid NC title and a maine street registration or something, I obviously bought something else

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 1, 2011

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Go check it out, if there's anything weird about the bike, walk. If it passes the muster, lowball the poo poo out of them.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/mcy/2297706589.html

I know very little about these bikes except that I want it. Completely irrational, but it just rubs me the right way.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

^^^^ Do it.

Z3n posted:

Seems high to me too, considering your slightly older 300 was up for sale for much less than that awhile ago, while being a nicer bike overall. Hell, I could have bought an similar year XT250 for 500$ with a current plate and reg.

My KLX was beat to poo poo but maintained, this XR250R appeared to brand new, and already sold. The invisible hand speaks.

MotoMind fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Apr 1, 2011

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

MotoMind posted:

^^^^ Do it.

My KLX was beat to poo poo but maintained, this XR250R appeared to brand new, and already sold. The invisible hand speaks.

It boggles the mind what a clean dirtbike will sell for.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Quite A Tool posted:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/mcy/2297706589.html

I know very little about these bikes except that I want it. Completely irrational, but it just rubs me the right way.

That is awesome. Buy it.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
edit: nevermind

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006
this clean looking NC30 popped up on some local classifieds: http://www.manxads.com/?Title=Honda-VFR400R-NC30&ListingId=31091

Assuming it's in a decent condition, I'd be pretty tempted to snap it up and stick it in the garage ready for when I get my license...

...sadly I don't have the cash going spare right now :(

BigRedCat
May 23, 2003
I'm a unique snowflake, just like everyone else.
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/mcy/2306929812.html

Any thoughts on this?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

BigRedCat posted:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/mcy/2306929812.html

Any thoughts on this?

Gone already, what was it?

BigRedCat
May 23, 2003
I'm a unique snowflake, just like everyone else.
2009 Ninja 650 w/800 miles. $4000, Salvage title. Owner said basement flooded up to the exhaust and insurance totaled it. He bought it from the insurance company to keep it, but then found out MD would only let you have 2 salvage titles in a lifetime(he has 2 in the last 4 years).

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Haha yeah no thanks on that one. If that was like a 2011 R1 or something - maybe. You're better off just finding a non-flooded one with a real title. While you might be getting a "good deal" at the start I think you'll have a much, much harder time selling the bike with a salvage / rebuilt title later. Or not. Maybe people really don't care about that kinda stuff but I personally don't trust someone to bring a bike back to 100% without me watching it happen.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

BigRedCat posted:

2009 Ninja 650 w/800 miles. $4000, Salvage title. Owner said basement flooded up to the exhaust and insurance totaled it. He bought it from the insurance company to keep it, but then found out MD would only let you have 2 salvage titles in a lifetime(he has 2 in the last 4 years).

Pass. Flood damage is ruinous.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362155

:hellyeah:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wow, that thing's badass.

Just stumbled across this.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/mcy/2303287445.html

I don't know what the hell it is. KTM something, but look at that god drat rear sprocket.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Slim Pickens posted:

Wow, that thing's badass.

Just stumbled across this.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/mcy/2303287445.html

I don't know what the hell it is. KTM something, but look at that god drat rear sprocket.

It's not a KTM, it's a QLink XF200 (Xtra Fun 200). They make cheap bikes. https://www.qlinkmotor.com

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh. Well gently caress that thing then.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I get a bit hard for 80s sport bikes. Especially 80s sport bikes that are low miles, seemingly nice shape and reasonably priced.

http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-sport-touring-1983-Honda-Interceptor-W0QQAdIdZ272318236

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slidebite fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 8, 2011

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/mcy/2303000853.html

quote:

Seeking (wrecked or parts bike (at least good engine - hopefully good fairings other useful parts)2001-2003 GIZZER 1000 - preferably silver/black (like photo). Desire entire bike or parts as one sale, not individually; however, willing to discuss offers. ...

It's JICKSER

http://www.ridemerchant.com/classifieds/item/show/63349-suzuki-gsxr-1000-ohlins-brembo-braketech-cmc-velocity-carbon-fiber-and-more

quote:

Edited (4-6-11)
This is a one of a kind GSXR 1000 built for the right buyer. Don't waste my time and I will not waste yours. I will Not part out the bike and I'm firm on the price. I will not sell this to first time newbie riders either so bring M1 license or race license.

The bike was built with top notch race parts and i have all the receipts. Over $40,000 into the bike not to mention all the labor and one off parts, all the receipts and service maintenance records all done by me are in a big folder which will be given to the new owner. Never been down or any mishaps. The bike has less then 2k miles and most spent on dyno for that perfect tune. The power delivery on the bike is smoother then a lot of bike from the factory which is amazing considering how much power this bike has. There are less then 40 miles on the FGR Ohlins, brembo, CMC rotors Hybrid BST wheels (1 of 4 in the world) and AIM plus other parts just added. The bike has been in my climate controlled garage covered up for the past 3.5 years and counting. I have no time to ride along with old man syndrome of pain in my bones and joints from multiple surgeries so I would rather sell it to someone who will enjoy the bike.

The bike has been on the cover of multiple motorcycle magazines and I have those magazines which I will give to the new owner. Also comes with a custom stand I had engineered and sourced out to be manufactured which utilizes the Pitbull restraint system. The price includes a front and rear stands, steel ramp, extra Pitbull restraint mounts, and tools for specific parts on this bikes, some oem part plus spares and gear such as Arai Corsair helmet, new JR speedmaster gloves, JR speedmaster leather jacket and FT leather pants, Dainese back protector plus more. Too much to list so if your a serious buyer I provide all the details.

If your a Serious buyer email me jetspeed81@gmail.com and i will email you back my cell phone number or the best number to reach me at that time. I'm listing it for 35k which is less then I want to get but this way no one will try to ask for a discount. If you are going to email me to play games don't bother. I will not email pictures unless you are serious with intention to buy and they will be watermarked so scammers don't bother.

jetspeed81@gmail.com

Thanks
A.F.

Motorcycle make/model: 2005 Suzuki Gsxr 1000 - Clean Title
GP rear sets
RK 520 GXW chain
Ohlins steering damper
Dynojet PC USB with Custom maps
Brembo p4-24 GP rear caliper
Bazzaz quick shifter with custom made Heim joint connection
Custom one off Carbon fiber front sprocket cover
BST Hybrid Wheels (1 of 4 ever made in the world. Lighter then standard BST wheels)
Custom cut to spec Mettec Titanium sprocket bolts for BST
Mettec Titanium rotor bolts front and rear
Racebolts Titanium nuts with Aerospace self lock coating
Modified Bodywork and Custom mounted Ignition switch
Woodcraft Case covers Stator and Starter
Scotts billet oil filter
Harris gas cap
Harris oil filler cap
Brembo Billet GP Monoblock P34/34 4-pad per caliper
Braketech CMC StarBlade rotors
AIM MXL Dash - Custom mounted
Motty Electronics one off FI indicator for AIM MXL
Ohlins FGR 800 Superbike forks w/ .95 N/mm spring
Dan Kyle Titanium Axle custom for Ohlins FGR forks
Yoshimura Triple clamps w/ 4 offsets with mettec Titanium bolts for top and bottom triples
Harris 58mm fork leg clamp
Magical Racing - Twill carbon fiber Superbike front Fender w/ Custom bracket
Dan Kyle 52mm clip-ons fully adjustable
ECM flashed with custom settings.
Custom one off made rear caliper bracket for brembo p4-24
Velocity racing turbo kit w/ HKS blow off valve, modded Down pipe and ceramic coated black and RU-0800 filter
Custom oil bypass setup with AN and NTP fittings
McCulloch Hid kit
Nissin rear MC with built in Reservoir
Drivesystemsusa Custom BST rear sprocket
Gilles chain adjuster
Sato Racing quick tank release
Ohlins Shock with w/ .95N/mm spring
Stompgrip traction pads
Ohlins gold striping kit on fairings
Billet brembo 19x20 brake master cylinder
Billet brembo 19x18 clutch master cylinder
Gilles Titanium self locking axle nut
Gilles shifter support
Racebolts Titanium Front / Rear caliper bolts
Speedbleeder nipples front & rear Calipers, Master cylinders
Suzuki gel seat
Sensors and wiring mod done to the main harness and removed certain sensor not needed.
Discacciati hydraulic clutch conversion with bracket (from italy)
Custom cut to fit Galfer lines for Clutch conversion
Galfer Super sport lines
Evotech triple tree nut (italy)
Electronic autometer boost gauge with memory recall with black bezel
Pair Block off mod
Custom mounted and modified Autometer gauge with LED and custom made switch
Blue gauges White LED in OEM gauge(for code check)
Custom Dealer mode switch
Zero Gravity tinted screen
1/6th throttle Mod (actual Mod to oem throttle)
Custom water jet cut and lightened modified SV rotor for Brembo p4-24 free floating
Custom mounted reservoirs for brembo master cylinders and Tygon 2075 clear tubing
Driven 520 front sprocket
Modified GPS internally
APE Manual Cam Chain Tensioner
DG frame sliders and spools
Clutch Basket and Washer mod
Dunlop UK NTEC tires

:sigh: Really?

Z3n fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 9, 2011

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

This would be a good first bike for me right?

:stare:

http://www.buyheremotorsports.com/view/1077/Black-2005-Suzuki-1300r%20Hayabusa-in-Largo-FL

def snow leppard
Sep 12, 2010

BlackLaser posted:

This would be a good first bike for me right?

If you're a massive tool then yes, it's perfect.

I know it's a show bike but what a waste of a bike.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Ok I'll go with the 600 instead. http://www.buyheremotorsports.com/pictures/1079

Stumbled on this den of poo poo motorcycles while searching for a used Ninja 250 on CL lest anyone think otherwise.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Does the bike lose some power having the back wheel so far back? I know it's suppose to be for dragging, but none of those people actually do that.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Russian Bear posted:

Does the bike lose some power having the back wheel so far back? I know it's suppose to be for dragging, but none of those people actually do that.

Not really. You'll deal with additional slop in the driveline, some additional parasitic loss, and spinning up the additional chain weight, but considering most of those bikes can pretty much break the rear wheel loose at will on a drag strip, it's negligible anyways.

Lord Fizzlebottom
May 3, 2005

I will show you wonderful, terrible things
I just started looking at motorcycles for the first time, and it really seems to me like craigslist sellers tend to completely ignore KBB. Do they just think to themselves "oh, I have an older bike. That means it is vintage. Vintage is worth more", or is KBB totally irrelevant for the 70s-80s UJMs? I'm in Seattle, so that may have some effect on how people price them as well.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Oh god. I just put up a local ad selling a couple of spare windshields I don't use for my ST1100. A guy contacted me asking if I wanted to sell my bike (was in pictures with the windshields)... which I'm not terribly interested in doing. However he asked me if I'd be interested in buying a low miles CBX Super Sport.

Try to sell windshield, end up buying a second bike. Mrs. Slidebite will probably divorce me. :negative:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

slidebite posted:

Oh god. I just put up a local ad selling a couple of spare windshields I don't use for my ST1100. A guy contacted me asking if I wanted to sell my bike (was in pictures with the windshields)... which I'm not terribly interested in doing. However he asked me if I'd be interested in buying a low miles CBX Super Sport.

Try to sell windshield, end up buying a second bike. Mrs. Slidebite will probably divorce me. :negative:

"But honey, it matches the siding, or it will when I get it changed this weekend!"

Luckily, my second "bike" is cute, so SWMBO likes it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

So, uh, the guy tells me that it the bike had all carbs completely rebuilt and syncd by a well known Honda performance shop in town. The bike has also been completely gone over by them and in great overall condition. Other than the $$$ and the wife probably killing divorcing me, what is the consensus on CBXs in general?

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

slidebite posted:

So, uh, the guy tells me that it the bike had all carbs completely rebuilt and syncd by a well known Honda performance shop in town. The bike has also been completely gone over by them and in great overall condition. Other than the $$$ and the wife probably killing divorcing me, what is the consensus on CBXs in general?

That this job is a total bastard so that's a huuuuuuuuge plus.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

slidebite posted:

Buy buy buy?

Seriously, go for it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I don't even know what he's asking for it yet, just his buddy is telling me he wants to sell it, and by ages of bikes and photos my guess is the owner is late 40s/early 50s.

What should I expect for a fair market price? $2500? No idea what those bastards are worth. They come up for sale so rarely it's hard to have a metric to compare them to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

slidebite posted:

I don't even know what he's asking for it yet, just his buddy is telling me he wants to sell it, and by ages of bikes and photos my guess is the owner is late 40s/early 50s.

What should I expect for a fair market price? $2500? No idea what those bastards are worth. They come up for sale so rarely it's hard to have a metric to compare them to.

If you could find a clean, low mileage CBX for 2500 that'd be pretty much deal of the century status. I've seen non-running barn finds in ok cosmetic condition going for 2k, occasionally a total basket case going for 1000-1500, and a good, clean runner that's stock will easily net 3.5-4k, with desirable examples pushing anywhere up to 7-9k.