Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Gaz-L posted:

Totally disagree about Sherri. Sherri's pretty much the prototype for that female manager role, as opposed to the valet that Liz or Nancy were. Sunny just tended to get put with guys who couldn't talk, as opposed to Sherri, who was usually with higher-card guys like HBK or Savage or Flair who could.
Have to agree with this. Sherri was the best heel female manager for what seemed like a long time. Luna is a close second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Sherri was a good manager and good talker but the WWF and WCW tended to have her look as ugly as possible to get heel heat. Sunny always looked as hot as possible and could still get fat guys in the crowd to boo her. When Vince put her with Faarooq, it wasn't because he thought it was a good fit. It was because he knew Sunny had the ability to get him a lot of heat.

Sunny was also very underrated in the broadcast booth. It's surprising how much talent that girl had that was blown away by drugs and ego.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Since she appears to have settled down now, she'd be an amazing person to bring in, even in a baackstage/training type role. Having Sunny teach the Divas promos would be pretty awesome.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Writer Cath posted:

Miz managed to put over Ryder, be entertaining and subtly put down John Cena all in twenty seconds. He seems to be one of these guys who can put on a really good, sedate interview or crank up the energy level and get a crowd completely riled up.

That's what I love about Miz, he can talk and put guys over - same with Cena, even though his SuperCena gimmick is played out, behind the scenes he's genuinely trying to put guys over and cares about the other talent. I agree that HHH could have done more, I get that maybe he's joking about Zack and the "four fans" but still, he didn't seem genuine when he said that hopefully guys like Zack would be the future...sounded too forced to me.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Ozz81 posted:

I get that maybe he's joking about Zack and the "four fans" but still, he didn't seem genuine when he said that hopefully guys like Zack would be the future...sounded too forced to me.

The other issue is that he implied that there's no room for those guys on TV or in semi-prominent roles until after the big names have cleared out. How are we supposed to care about new guys or buy them as main eventers if they don't interact with other main eventers? I guess it goes back to his ridiculous "no one ever got over by beating established guys" philosophy.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Ozz81 posted:

That's what I love about Miz, he can talk and put guys over - same with Cena, even though his SuperCena gimmick is played out, behind the scenes he's genuinely trying to put guys over and cares about the other talent. I agree that HHH could have done more, I get that maybe he's joking about Zack and the "four fans" but still, he didn't seem genuine when he said that hopefully guys like Zack would be the future...sounded too forced to me.

I don't believe Triple H even knows who Zack Ryder is.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Holy poo poo I used to be indifferent on HHH but that clip made me really dislike him. It's clear that Cena and Miz have actually watched the show and found it slightly amusing. HHH has no interest in paying attention to the guy at all. And he finds a way to put him down.

It's also telling that when HHH starts to ramble off the names of main eventers he lists himself first.

Pennington
Nov 8, 2010

I deduce that this caterpillar is indeed very hungry.
It's things like watching the two guys working the Wrestlemania main event genuinely putting over a guy who legitimately works hard and is doing his drat best to get noticed whilst self important Triple H rattles off a soulless speech in which he near enough forgets Zack Ryder's name whilst saying it that highlights how easy it is to dislike the guy.
The Miz both put Ryder over and related it to his current angle with angle with Cena, which made for an awesome little interview segment. Cena acknowledges Ryder and pushes his web show, enthusiastically saying he'd like to get on it. Triple H - nothing. I don't expect him to sing praises, but I do expect him to say something other than, 'welp, no one has a chance with me still around.'

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh
HHH is a bloated, stale egomaniac that needs to get off of television.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
HHH: Well, Vince is dead and I'm retired; time close wrestling.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Oh gently caress you guys and your shovel. I hate Trips more than maybe anybody here but HHH didn't bury Ryder there. He was joking about the fact that Ryder is a jobber. And he IS, why would he be on Wrestlemania. I felt he was sincere when he said that as guys like UT and him and HBK move aside he hopes guys like Ryder will move up the card. Wrestlemania is NOT a show for jobbers who are barely on TV. HHH's first Mania was getting squashed by Warrior. There's time for Ryder.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

weekly font posted:

Oh gently caress you guys and your shovel. I hate Trips more than maybe anybody here but HHH didn't bury Ryder there. He was joking about the fact that Ryder is a jobber. And he IS, why would he be on Wrestlemania. I felt he was sincere when he said that as guys like UT and him and HBK move aside he hopes guys like Ryder will move up the card. Wrestlemania is NOT a show for jobbers who are barely on TV. HHH's first Mania was getting squashed by Warrior. There's time for Ryder.

It has nothing to do with being on Wrestlemania. It's about HHH not knowing about what Ryder is doing to develop his character and get over despite the fact that a lot of people (including Miz and Cena) think it's entertaining.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

weekly font posted:

The product good or bad has moved beyond silly poo poo like that. Del Rio is awesome so he's going to be plugged into the WM Smackdown Main Event and he hasn't even been there for a year. Ryder is awesome and should be plugged into a great feud by the time the next WM comes around. If he isn't, or worse gets future endeavored in a few months then that honestly tells us how high HHH puts him.

HHH should have put him over huge. I bet if the guy had asked about Sheamus we would have got a much different interview, even though HHH squashed Sheamus just a few weeks ago.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Crappy posted:

It has nothing to do with being on Wrestlemania. It's about HHH not knowing about what Ryder is doing to develop his character and get over despite the fact that a lot of people (including Miz and Cena) think it's entertaining.

And that being on the creative team he's one of the people who should be flat out encouraging this sort of behavior

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

How do you know HHH isn't aware of Ryder's show? You guys are taking a throwaway gag line and letting this shovel meme run way too far.

Look at my avatar. LOOK AT IT. I love the guy and Ryder was done a huge disservice with the death of ECW but just because HHH didn't fellate the guy's web show doesn't make him a terrible peace of poo poo who is worthy of all of the scorn in the wrestling universe. There are a ton of other reasons for that.

weekly font fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 31, 2011

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I give Trips all the grief in the world, but honestly he looked more like he was surprised to be asked that question at a Wrestlemania press event when nearly all of the questions he recieved were about the event itself. He was caught off guard and then scrambled to give an answer.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

anyway, episode 7 is out with 500% more Dennis Stamp impersonations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg8R6kSbD1g&feature=channel_video_title

Manic_Misanthrope fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 31, 2011

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

His new logo is genius. If they don't start selling that as a t-shirt or use it as branding then they are missing a trick.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

anyway, episode 3 is out with 500% more Dennis Stamp impersonations

It gets better every week. Trent Baretta on the escalators was pretty cool.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"I lost of course!"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

anyway, episode 7 is out with 500% more Dennis Stamp impersonations

Another awesome episode. Triple H is a tremendous dickhead as usual.

Cena and Miz put him over huge and that's awesome.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Dear someone who does a lot of gifs. If you watch Zack Ryder's show, please gif Barreta rotating around and around on the escalator. Thank you! :)

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
I got the trampoline joke. :smug:

cthulwoo
Mar 1, 2011

That is not dead which can eternal limousine ride.

ultimateforce posted:

I got the trampoline joke. :smug:

I laughed way too hard at the trampoline joke.

cthulwoo fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 31, 2011

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

What's the story on the trampoline joke?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

What's the story on the trampoline joke?

"I don't do any tricks...I just jump"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gOJkXsBFE8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQbhC_3EGMc

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That's amazing. "My last match was in 1991 but you never know when the next one will be so I have to stay in shape." I've seen Beyond The Mat but forgot all about that guy.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

weekly font posted:

You're not very good at reading between the lines.

Either way, we're still Broski's. WOO WOO WOO.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Wrestlers Nair their backs? I feel like a sucker for having shaved it so many times.

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

weekly font posted:

He also asked "Why isn't Zack Ryder on television" not "Why isn't Zack Ryder on Wrestlemania"

cthulwoo
Mar 1, 2011

That is not dead which can eternal limousine ride.

DarkstarIV posted:

Dear someone who does a lot of gifs. If you watch Zack Ryder's show, please gif Barreta rotating around and around on the escalator. Thank you! :)

Check the gif thread

Cracky
Feb 11, 2007

are you one of those guys who likes big fatties and the big fatties have got big fatty dildos in their nose and they barf and they barf and its so gross.
Woah, Perry Saturn is alive and, er, relatively well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zChsn8__kRI

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Cracky posted:

Woah, Perry Saturn is alive and, er, relatively well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zChsn8__kRI

I know. Several months later and I'm still amazed.

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?
I'll never understand how ANYONE can think getting a tattoo on their face is a good idea.

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?
God drat does Zack Ryder rule. I cant remember ever seeing a guy who almost never wins so happy with life. He's like the anti-Kaval.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
So who wants to watch Great Sasuke & friends FU*CK around and attempt to create the most intentionally terrible wrestling promotion ever? YOU DO? WELL ALRIGHT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJme5MLX2Ak

Sugar Blaster fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 31, 2011

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

DMPunk posted:

I'll never understand how ANYONE can think getting a tattoo on their face is a good idea.

It's not normal. But on meth it is.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

DMPunk posted:

God drat does Zack Ryder rule. I cant remember ever seeing a guy who almost never wins so happy with life. He's like the anti-Kaval.

He's exactly what Vince is looking for (other than being a roided up freak) and yet still doesn't get pushed. They couldn't possibly test Zack Ryder more than they already have and yet he's always happy and everyone seems to like him. Well, other than Triple H but who gives a gently caress what Triple H thinks?

The unfortunate part is where Triple H is in the backstage dealings.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 1, 2011

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

weekly font posted:

He blatantly denied Ryder has fans or support ... in a clip nested between clips of wrestler tripping over themselves to support him. Unless the joke was that Triple H doesn't have a clue about social media, I don't think it came off as anything less than Triple H being a dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

There aren't many ways you can spin someone saying only three or four people watch Zack Ryder's show to make it look like he wasn't just being a dickhead.

Edit: Here's what he said

Host: Why isn't Zack Ryder on television?
HHH: Why isn't Zack Ryder on television.....
Host: The Broski's want him on Raw
HHH: Yeah, oh - you and which other one?
Host: I think there are alot of us right?
HHH: What, three or four maybe?
Host: Maybe
HHH: Yeah, uh, probably for that reason. There's just the three or the four.

He then launches into the bullshit about having alot of young guys in the company and yadda yadda. It was a dick move when Cena and Miz put him over huge and Triple H tried the verbal burial approach.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 1, 2011

• Locked thread