Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
So I completely agree with Scott DePace on his twitter opinions.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

It was created by man, it can be solved by man.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

No one on the Stern show knows how to argue and Howard can always just act like a child to keep pissing them off no matter how right they are.

DUDE

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

heavy liquid posted:

Ha! I knew the Debbie/rear end Napkin Ed thing was fake.

They just admitted it was some lame April fools joke and scheme for them to get more airtime.
It was still pretty funny. "Did you massage her tumor?"

Chimneyfish
Oct 14, 2003

sedative posted:

And it can be even better on radio. The TV crew in Philly is terrible, but the radio guys are fantastic. From reading the gameday threads in SAS it seems like most people hate their TV guys anyway.

I love my TV guys. They're the source of the "he took a nasty poo poo" blooper that gets played on the show sometimes. And when I can't watch TV I've still got Jon Miller on the radio. Maybe that's why I enjoy baseball so much.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
It seemed like Howard knew it was bogus too. Maybe they were forced into admitting it because they got a lot of emails talking about how obviously fake it was.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Guests for April posted:

George Takei
Chris Rock
Jesse Ventura
Jason Ellis
David Arquette
Will the Farter
Christa Miller
Greg Fitzsimmons
Gilbert Gottfried
Kara DioGuardi
Insane Clown Posse

Pretty good guest list until the last two!

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

-Atom- posted:

all it's missing is Joan Rivers and Lisa Fatandsmelly.

Chimneyfish
Oct 14, 2003

I might be crazy but I actually think the Insane Clown Posse's appearances on the show in the past have been funny. I'd take them over another Jesse Ventura interview, at least.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Chimneyfish posted:

I might be crazy but I actually think the Insane Clown Posse's appearances on the show in the past have been funny. I'd take them over another Jesse Ventura interview, at least.

Especially if Richard and Sal come out naked and almost get punched out again.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Howard, did you know it's impossible for a building to fall at the speed of gravity without demolition charges??

When I was in the Navy SEALS...

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Chimneyfish posted:

Yeah I haven't heard them on the show yet so I'm just basing that on them as a band.

But hey, George will be in Monday!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Guests for April posted:

Christa Miller

Oh myyyyyyyy :swoon:

I know I've heard her on the celebrity round table before, but has she ever actually been on the show before? She's pretty D-list so if you haven't heard of her, she played Dr. Cox's ex-wife Jordan on Scrubs, and I think she's in that show Cougartown (no idea if this is still even on the air).

Also, Sal retweeted this pic someone took with him today and the person's twitter name made me burst out laughing http://twitpic.com/4fgpjk

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

-Atom- posted:

But hey, George will be in Monday!

This is good news. We need to make George aware of Eric the douchebag's twittering where he talks poo poo about Japan after the earthquake.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

-Atom- posted:

I was about to say no guest list without Gilbert Gottfried could be considered a good list, but then I read it again and see that he's there. Awesome.

Gilbert should be on every month.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I looked up that Kara chick and apparently she was on American Idol which I am praying to a higher power means Eric the Midget won't be able to resist calling in.

Last time I heard Rock was awesome. It was right after Howard said he was getting married and Rock was killing him for it. "You're going back to SHAWSHANK!!!" "Before you know it you are going to be locked in the basement surrounded by your aquariums again!" and so on. I was dying

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

chiz posted:

all it's missing is Joan Rivers and Lisa Fatandsmelly.

Don't forget Sandra Bernhard!

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Speaking of Joan Rivers. I usually hate her on the show and knew very little of her old standup.
I guess she has some sort of documentary airing on Showtime or something. I watched most of it the other night and I gained a whole new respect for her. Carson was a total dick to her after she got her own show and black listed her.

According to her to this day she has never been on any late night NBC talk show.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Chris Rock of course will be good and Christa will be good since shes a superfan and Gilbert is always good but the rest are blatant rehash guests. Jesus gently caress, It's like last year and the year before all over again.

And Howard can say "ok don't listen anymore" but when you get used to a quality product and then it completely drops off, I think you have a right to be annoyed.

I want to call in and tell howard he should have Joan on more often.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

According to her to this day she has never been on any late night NBC talk show.

She was on Letterman this January and sometime in 2010.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
Letterman works for CBS.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

Well to be fair, I would have love to seen one of those interviewers just non-stop ask him poo poo like that because that's exactly how he breaks though.

Yeah, I wanna see people bust his balls over Beth. He goes insane thinking about her being with anyone else and just lay into the awkward sex questions with her like he does to guests and even the staff. But when he gets other people in he bugs them about licking assholes and who did you did last and all that other poo poo.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

AxeManiac posted:

Yeah, I wanna see people bust his balls over Beth. He goes insane thinking about her being with anyone else and just lay into the awkward sex questions with her like he does to guests and even the staff. But when he gets other people in he bugs them about licking assholes and who did you did last and all that other poo poo.

The closest anyone got to really busting his balls about Beth was Chris Rock (coincidentally). It was awesome, you could actually hear Howards tone change when Chris wouldn't let up.

E: For those who may have missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucR8Q298Ijw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnfSbsubxqk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38SHOnb2-pQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSnL_34fwvg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v1mc9VMx78
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPdhaeHVpIo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qgcujIA7R8

Bonus ball busting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VxyKoJzHks

ChubbyEmoBabe fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 1, 2011

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

ragle posted:

Letterman works for CBS.

I stand corrected!

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Speaking of Joan Rivers. I usually hate her on the show and knew very little of her old standup.
I guess she has some sort of documentary airing on Showtime or something. I watched most of it the other night and I gained a whole new respect for her. Carson was a total dick to her after she got her own show and black listed her.

She was huge in the day. Back then, the Tonight Show was a big deal in our culture and she was the permanent guest host.

She was a big star

When she went to do her own show, Johnny Carson blackballed her and I guess from NBC as well.

Johnny Carson was considered an american icon but he was not a very good person behind the scenes.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Ribsauce posted:

I looked up that Kara chick and apparently she was on American Idol which I am praying to a higher power means Eric the Midget won't be able to resist calling in.

Last time I heard Rock was awesome. It was right after Howard said he was getting married and Rock was killing him for it. "You're going back to SHAWSHANK!!!" "Before you know it you are going to be locked in the basement surrounded by your aquariums again!" and so on. I was dying

How the hell did you not know Kara DioGuardi was a judge on American Idol? Howard talked about her incessantly when she was a judge.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I didn't have Sirius in 2009 and 2010 which was when she was a judge. Or if she was when I listened, I guess I had the ability to black out all that fruity poo poo. Every time I heard "American Idol" without that midget on the phone it was instant "Who gives a poo poo, who gives a gently caress"

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

She said that she was working for the ABC News / It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use.

Glumwheels posted:

How the hell did you not know Kara DioGuardi was a judge on American Idol? Howard talked about her incessantly when she was a judge.

Some of us try our best to live in a world where that piece of poo poo show doesn't exist, thus we're able to try to block out anything connected to it.

(I recognized the name but didn't know she was the host, either.)

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Maybe they're required to have Jesse Ventura in frequently so that for once Robin's bullshit will look sane in comparison.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Brocktoon posted:

Maybe they're required to have Jesse Ventura in frequently so that for once Robin's bullshit will look sane in comparison.

I love Jesse Ventura's conspiracy show because any time he's out filming and sees a person, it's obviously a NEFARIOUS GOVERNMENT AGENT KEEPING TABS ON HIM!!!!!

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

They should have Riley and Jesse Venutra do a show together.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

They should have Riley and Jesse Venutra do a show together.

And John the Stutterer.

John is the voice of reason except he can only get one word out every minute.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Glumwheels posted:

Who was she that made her a judge on American Idol?

Does she have one of those toilets to wash her rear end in a top hat out? Howard just ordered one.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Kara DioGuardi is "famous" because she shat out two or three generic pop tunes that Christina Aguilara and Britney Spears ended up using in 1997.

After that she branched out to producing "songs" for a variety of pre-made lovely pop acts, the sort of dross that Eric the ack ack SHITCOCK likes.

(basically no hits or any song you'd go out of your way to listen to, though)

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Ether Frenzy posted:

Kara DioGuardi is "famous" because she shat out two or three generic pop tunes that Christina Aguilara and Britney Spears ended up using in 1997.

After that she branched out to producing "songs" for a variety of pre-made lovely pop acts, the sort of dross that Eric the ack ack SHITCOCK likes.

(basically no hits or any song you'd go out of your way to listen to, though)

Truly a woman who has contributed to civilization.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

chiz posted:

Truly a woman who has contributed to civilization.

What do you do for a living.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Joe Don Baker posted:

What do you do for a living.

Is she verified?!

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Is she verified?!

I just got a twitter account a month or so ago just to follow howard and koab and a couple of other people and I never tweet anything because I couldn't care, but I never knew how big this need to be verified was until I listened to when Biz was on the other day. Jesus.

Gary eating shrimp discussion with Stuttering John, part one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jg7oXD0__8

John was awesome. As much as I love Richard and Sal I would trade them and the whole news team for John and Artie back.

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh
Anybody know where I can find a sal and richard prank call?
I think it was only played once, because Howard thought it sucked, but personally I thought it was fuckin hilarious and almost crashed my car while it was on.
It happened last fall, October or November Howard was bitching that they weren't putting out much good material, and Sal or Ricard came in to defend themselves.

The call was something like them calling in pretending to be gay white guys to some sort of black guy talk show. I don't think it was Community Cop they were calling. I remember a line from Sal "If you've got a big black cock whip that muthafucka out and I'll suck it for you" or something along those lines. It ended up being a giant hilarious clusterfuck of Sal and Richard professing their homosexual intentions to these guys and them talking poo poo back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am a Keg.
Sep 25, 2008

by T. Finn
http://twitter.com/!/cwotd

Richard's twitter. He's my faaaavorite