Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

Kraxis posted:

Yeah, it may have been that seeing the guy from Two Pints on the iplayer picture meant I went into it with less than zero expectations
Yeah, pretty much this for me as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N3RDSTER
Mar 27, 2010
Just seen an ad on BBC2 as I was in this topic. Apparently Louis Theroux is off to see the Westboro Baptist Church next week. That should be... interesting.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

N3RDSTER posted:

Just seen an ad on BBC2 as I was in this topic. Apparently Louis Theroux is off to see the Westboro Baptist Church next week. That should be... interesting.

A new one? Or a repeat?

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

N3RDSTER posted:

Sure its not a repeat of this:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7735501683185935638

Edit: Forget that, just saw on his Twitter page that it's a brand new doc
http://twitter.com/Louis_Theroux

Kraxis
May 14, 2007
Hasn't he done that before?

edit: beaten :(

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

N3RDSTER posted:

What, again? Or was it an advert for a repeat of that episode that you thought was a new thing?

Edit- damnit.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

C'mon guys keep up :smug:

Jawidar
Feb 17, 2007
I do remember hearing something about that. Was called "Return to the Most Hated Family in America" or something?

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

Jawidar posted:

I do remember hearing something about that. Was called "Return to the Most Hated Family in America" or something?

According to his Twitter page its called America's Most Hated Family In Crisis and its on on Sunday.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
BBC is down atm, but this is from *pukes* the IMDB board.

Sequel to Americas Most Hated Family announced
by suiycfui (Fri Mar 18 2011 12:34:38)
Ignore this User | Report Abuse Reply
Louis Theroux did a follow up called America's Most Hated Family In Crisis. It airs on BBC sometime early April. The blurb on the BBC site says a couple of the daughters featured in the first documentary have since broken away, and that the family has gotten even weirder (yes, weirder) since the 2007 doc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/2011/wk14/unplaced.shtml#unplaced_louis

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

stevey666 posted:

BBC is down atm, but this is from *pukes* the IMDB board.

Sequel to Americas Most Hated Family announced
by suiycfui (Fri Mar 18 2011 12:34:38)
Ignore this User | Report Abuse Reply
Louis Theroux did a follow up called America's Most Hated Family In Crisis. It airs on BBC sometime early April. The blurb on the BBC site says a couple of the daughters featured in the first documentary have since broken away, and that the family has gotten even weirder (yes, weirder) since the 2007 doc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/2011/wk14/unplaced.shtml#unplaced_louis

I wonder if that girl who clearly fancied Louis is one of the ones who broke away.

Kraxis
May 14, 2007

stevey666 posted:

the family has gotten even weirder (yes, weirder) since the 2007 doc.

Oooh, exciting!

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

marktheando posted:

I wonder if that girl who clearly fancied Louis is one of the ones who broke away.

I think she is, I remember him talking about it on the radio and it sounded like one of the daughters was the focus of the whole thing.

I caught the end of Fern and there was some sort of blind date game featuring dogs and at the end Fern said they had booked the new couple a restaurant and a hotel. How forward of her.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

marktheando posted:

It's not Jael. She's still cunting it up something crazy: http://twitter.com/jaelphelps

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Throwing my own weight behind the White Van Man is okay crowd too.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
I tuned in to 10 o'clock live half way through, and haven't been watching since the first couple, but has it actually got of good quality in the meantime or am I just being absolutely wrong?

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

Noreaus posted:

I tuned in to 10 o'clock live half way through, and haven't been watching since the first couple, but has it actually got of good quality in the meantime or am I just being absolutely wrong?

It's most certainly got a lot better. Wouldn't say it's spectacular, however.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Who do the 'Vote for AV, and you'll kill a baby' posters belong to? I didn't hear that bit.

Muppetjedi fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 31, 2011

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Muppetjedi posted:

Who do the 'Vote for AV, and you'll kill a baby' posters belong to? I didn't hear that bit.

The No campaign. The fact they are actual posters is appalling really. It's phenomenally misleading and scaremongering in it's rawest form.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Between the horrid posters and the immediately-debunked £250m quote, I don't understand why the no campaign even exists if they're having to make up their entire platform out of thin air. Are they just being contrary?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Tempo 119 posted:

Between the horrid posters and the immediately-debunked £250m quote, I don't understand why the no campaign even exists if they're having to make up their entire platform out of thin air. Are they just being contrary?

FPTP entrenches the Conservatives and Labour. It also keeps the parties together, without it you'd see splinter groups forming inside both - Think of how the far right in the Tories are aligned much more with UKIP than they are the Lib Dems, or how you can still point to Old and New Labour inside the same party. It's worth a lot of money to certain people to keep it as it is, so that money gets spent.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12919646

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Tempo 119 posted:

Pretty much. They don't want to engage in the actual argument so have decided instead to muddy the waters as much as possible.

Ganty
Jan 8, 2005
Because we want to! Because we want to!
Adam and Joe are back! Tomorrow morning at 10am, they're back everyone, it's been so long.

It's been so long.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
That calls for the Magical Forest song!

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/6music/adamandjoe/magicalforestsong.mp3

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
So I've not seen anything about Campus other than the ads, it's made by the same team that did Green Wing and starts later this week on Channel 4, so should be worth a look. I'm all excited about it because I loved me some Green Wing.

Ganty
Jan 8, 2005
Because we want to! Because we want to!

Monster w21 Faces posted:

That calls for the Magical Forest song!

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/6music/adamandjoe/magicalforestsong.mp3

Here's my favourite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6CoNUE5Zho

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

Louis Theroux posted:

Normally I don't do follow-ups. But I'd made an exception in this case because of an e-mail I'd received from one of the fire-breathing young zealots I'd interviewed on my first trip, announcing she'd left the church. She cited our conversations as one of the influences.

She had now changed her life, found a boyfriend and had zero contact with anyone still inside the church, including her family. A little research revealed that several others I'd met on my first visit were also now apostates. This included Steve's own daughter, Lauren.

:3: Bring down capitalism next Louis, TIA.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

So I've not seen anything about Campus other than the ads, it's made by the same team that did Green Wing and starts later this week on Channel 4, so should be worth a look. I'm all excited about it because I loved me some Green Wing.

On one of the review shows on Radio 4 someone literally described it as poo poo. But from the ads it does look pretty decent so I'm going to watch anyway.

Jawidar
Feb 17, 2007

Ganty posted:

Here's my favourite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6CoNUE5Zho
So obviously fake. :v:

Adam's version is better, anyway!

"I'd like a Quantum of Solace,
But no more than a quantum.
I know they do big bags of solace,
But I don't want 'em"

wickles
Oct 12, 2009

"In England we have a saying for a situation such as this, which is that it's difficult difficult lemon difficult."
Can't wait for A&J tomorrow.

If you haven't been to BUG yet I highly recommend it. I was at BUG #24, nearly pissed myself laughing and then bumped into CHRIS MORRIS on the way out! http://bugmusicvideos.com/

BUG is coming to the north for the first time and tickets are still available - it's in Manchester.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Did none of you see the Campus pilot? It was ok. Bit silly. Sillier than Green Wing anyway. I'll give it another go when its on.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone watching Friday Night Dinner? It's nothing revolutionary but I find it pretty drat funny.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Didn't realise that a new series of Stand Up for the Week had started, so I've been watching them this evening.

Kevin Bridges is really loving weird looking.

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

thehustler posted:

Did none of you see the Campus pilot? It was ok. Bit silly. Sillier than Green Wing anyway. I'll give it another go when its on.

I saw it. I agree it was silly but it was nice seeing Andy Nyman play a complete dickhead like he did in Dead Set.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

NaDy posted:

Anyone watching Friday Night Dinner? It's nothing revolutionary but I find it pretty drat funny.
watched the first ep, thought it was p rubbish and haven't seen it since

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Paperhouse posted:

The first episode wasn't so good, further ones have been better.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

goatface posted:

Kevin Bridges is really loving weird looking.

He's also about as funny as a dead fish.

I have no idea how he crawled over some pretty funny guys who haven't made it to TV yet, but started before he did.

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

You're in luck then, if the pilot's anything to go by, it's exactly the same as it. Down to the sleazy character going after the klutzy new staff member, the wacky support staff and the insane boss. Like...this could easily be another series of Green Wing.

But that's just what I got from the pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Paperhouse posted:

I thought the exact same thing but was persuaded to watch the rest and have since changed my mind. Definitely give it another chance.