Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I was going to post the news article about how the 3D/BluRay releases of the OT are going to include:

-Pieces of Anakin's podracer digitally added to the junk in the sandcrawler
-Jango Fett's voice for all stormtroopers
-Ewan McGregor and Liam Neeson as Force ghosts at the end
-Voices of Natalie Portman and Liam Neeson pleading with Vader to save Luke as he is being zapped
-Luke's eyes turning Sith yellow-red after he cuts Vader's hand off

but now Wookieepedia has gotten us in the April Fool's mindset in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

Silver Brushes posted:

I was going to post the news article about how the 3D/BluRay releases of the OT are going to include:

-Voices of Natalie Portman and Liam Neeson pleading with Vader to save Luke as he is being zapped

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Lucas actually went back and had Temuera Morrison rerecord all Stormtrooper dialog, just for the hell of it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

arioch posted:

Well, it's not every year that Wookieepedia goes 3D.

Oh, so that's why my eyes are now bleeding.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

It's not even true anaglyph. At least I had the decency to make fun of Star Wars in actual working 3D. :colbert:

I'd make a parody 3D trailer for the other two prequels but I don't even want to skim through episode 2 much less find scenes that would "benefit" from my 3D vision.

NeonTurtle
Sep 24, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT SUPPORTING GENOCIDE

Silver Brushes posted:

The worst part is I can easily see George Lucas finding your post and thinking to himself "Hmmm... Those are actually pretty good ideas..."

Edit: In addition of the Jango Fett for the stormtroopers thing, the two stormtroopers chatting while Obi-wan turns off the tractor beam will have all their dialog changed to them talking about how loving awesome it is to be a MANDO.

NeonTurtle fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 1, 2011

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

NeonTurtle posted:

The worst part is I can easily see George Lucas finding your post and thinking to himself "Hmmm... Those are actually pretty good ideas..."

Obviously you don't know him very well.

"I've been planning that since 1972..."

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Been reading that Secret History of Star Wars and my god its some interesting stuff. The difference from Lucas's first draft to the movie are crazy.

Also it makes a lot more sense why the new movies are terrible.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

Silver Brushes posted:

This is the funniest thing I've read all day :golfclap:

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

"Obi-Wan's ghost was restored to his appearance as he was before Anakin fell. Also Ahsoka and Starkiller will be in the background of Jabba's palace."

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Silver Brushes posted:

"Obi-Wan's ghost was restored to his appearance as he was before Anakin fell. Also Ahsoka and Starkiller will be in the background of Jabba's palace."

"In fact, Ahsoka will be the dancer that gets eaten by the rancor"

NeonTurtle
Sep 24, 2007

arioch posted:

"In fact, Ahsoka will be the dancer that gets eaten by the rancor"

"The rancor is now Force-sensitive, and purposely took a dive in the Skywalker fight to enable Luke to redeem his father and save the Galaxy."

Cinnamon Bastard
Dec 15, 2006

But that totally wasn't my fault. You shouldn't even be able to put the car in gear with the bar open.

NeonTurtle posted:

"The rancor is now Force-sensitive, and purposely took a dive in the Skywalker fight to enable Luke to redeem his father and save the Galaxy."

"The Sarlaac is actually an active member of the rebellion, and was part of Luke's plan all along. It only attacked Lando because it had not forgiven him for betraying Han, and it's anger got the better of it. Seeing Han willing to fight to save Lando convinced it to let go *Lucas edits RotJ so Han misses the tenacle*.

Later, it becomes a Senator in the Galactic Senate."

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

These are all a little too plausible for my liking.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Starkiller and the hundreds of other secret Jedi will show up as force ghosts at the end of ROTJ. The Blu-Ray will include a unskippable advertisement for a Star Wars tv series starring Shia Labeouf as an even more angst ridden Jedi twice as powerful as Starkiller.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Cinnamon Bastard posted:

"The Sarlaac is actually an active member of the rebellion, and was part of Luke's plan all along. It only attacked Lando because it had not forgiven him for betraying Han, and it's anger got the better of it. Seeing Han willing to fight to save Lando convinced it to let go *Lucas edits RotJ so Han misses the tenacle*.

Later, it becomes a Senator in the Galactic Senate."

Sounds like it was a Sarlacc Enforcer to me.

NeonTurtle
Sep 24, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

These are all a little too plausible for my liking.

Makes you wish your favorite Science Fiction series had a sane person at the helm, doesn't it?

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1372171/What-earth-happened-Luke-Skywalker-The-Force-longer-Mark-Hamill.html

Mark,what happend?

edit:

Is it just me or did Wookieepedia switch to this ugly red font?

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003

Nckdictator posted:

It's just you.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nckdictator posted:

I think you may have a brain tumor.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

He aged. Continuously. For thirty years.

It happens.

Cinnamon Bastard
Dec 15, 2006

But that totally wasn't my fault. You shouldn't even be able to put the car in gear with the bar open.

Chairman Capone posted:

Sounds like it was a Sarlacc Enforcer to me.

I honestly had no idea. I like the picture. April Fools is the best day on the net.

By the way, "Affiliation: Sarlacc Underground" is amazing.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
edit: I am an idiot.

VaultAggie fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 2, 2011

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Does this guy from the Blockade Runner have a name/backstory?

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Muppetjedi posted:

Distant relative of "Kindly remove your spacepants sir" Kenobi

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
So whatever happened to Luke's Aunt on Padme's side?

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

Muppetjedi posted:

According to tineye, that's Pello Scrambas.

e. wait, if you didn't know that, where did you even get the picture from?

MIDWIFE CRISIS fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 2, 2011

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Admiral Goodenough posted:

According to tineye, that's Pello Scrambas.
Oh boy. Yet another character who has been everywhere and done everything.

GodlessCommie
Apr 4, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

New life goal, date Mark Hamill's daughter.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

GodlessCommie posted:

New life goal, date Mark Hamill's daughter.

Replacing old life goal, dating Mark Hamill.

Anyway, serious missed opportunity there with not having Luke and Mara have a daughter in the EU.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

arioch posted:

Replacing old life goal, dating Mark Hamill.

Anyway, serious missed opportunity there with not having Luke and Mara have a daughter in the EU.

Would have been 10x better than whinny bitch Ben. I haven't read FoTJ though so maybe he got better I dunno.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Would have been 10x better than whinny bitch Ben.

On the other hand, creepy Uncle Jacen was creepy enough.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Would have been 10x better than whinny bitch Ben. I haven't read FoTJ though so maybe he got better I dunno.
Slightly, the "You're an old man" and the "You're a retarded teenager" jokes haven't cease or gotten any better though.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I was just busy poo poo-posting on the Old Republic forums, when I thought how awesome it would have been if Mace Windu had been played by Christopher Lee and Count Dokuu by Samuel Jackson.

Lee has the right air about him to play a solemn jedi master and his unusual fighting style would have added something unique to the otherwise uninteresting council of jedi masters.

And Sam Jackson is usually at his best when he can play some guy who is angry and shouts a lot. Rewrite Dookus character a bit to show some more typical "dark side" behaviour and the crappy prequels might have been a little less terrible.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Cinnamon Bastard posted:

I honestly had no idea. I like the picture. April Fools is the best day on the net.

By the way, "Affiliation: Sarlacc Underground" is amazing.

I thought it was a funny joke until I went to the actual Sarlacc Enforcer entry on the Old Republic website and saw the ridiculous video of it shooting a Death Star superlaser out of its mouth. At that point I completely cracked up.

Casimir Radon posted:

Slightly, the "You're an old man" and the "You're a retarded teenager" jokes haven't cease or gotten any better though.

It's stuff like this that's why I never really found Allston to be the side-splitting master of comedy that he has the reputation for.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Chairman Capone posted:

It's stuff like this that's why I never really found Allston to be the side-splitting master of comedy that he has the reputation for.

Which is why he's better relegated back to doing Wraith Squadron.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Chairman Capone posted:

Not even a master jeweler can polish a turd.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

arioch posted:

Which is why he's better relegated back to doing Wraith Squadron.
I'm sure Lucasbooks won't allow it unless everyone in the squadron suddenly becomes or is replaced by a Jedi.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Well, that would explain Lieutenant Kettch's ability to reappear at will wherever he chose.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm sure Lucasbooks won't allow it unless everyone in the squadron suddenly becomes or is replaced by a Jedi.

Besides Wedge loving Antilles, the man so good that he won even when he tried to lose. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Whiny EU fans petition Jorge over The Clone Wars, News at 11 Mostly Fandalorians probably.