Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanpa
Apr 24, 2007
Nap Ghost
To anyone that's considering Evil Genius:
It's an okay game I guess, but it has nothing at all over Dungeon Keeper 1&2. A fun distraction at best, and if you're really into management/tycoon games you'd better find something else (Capitalism 2 is brilliant! Or even Dwarf Fortress). My personal pick of this sale is Lords of the Realm 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

ToxicFrog posted:

"Full orchestral music"? FF7 - like most PSX games - used something conceptually similar to MOD: a sample bank and a set of playing instructions. For the PC version it was re-scored in MIDI and shipped with a Yamaha software synthesizer and custom soundfont that sounds very close to the PSX version. (It actually came with three versions of the soundtrack; one for General MIDI cards, one for the Yamaha software synth, and one for real Yamaha hardware.)

You're right otherwise, though. FF7 is a bitch to get running on modern systems; it's much easier to just run the PSX version in an emulator, and it'll look better, too.

I wonder if GOG could/would ever get into selling console games bundled with an emulator, similar to how they're doing DOS games now?

Even with the software synth, it still sounded worse than the PSX soundtrack; the thing about MOD files is that they're sort of like half-midi, half-recording. You can layer recorded tracks for things like vocals while using midi-ish sound banks for instrumentals where it's less noticeable. The best comparison to make between versions is between the midi and PSX versions of "One-Winged Angel". The latter has actual singers with lyrics in latin, the former just a generic midi "choir" soundbank that sounds a hell of a lot worse.

Also, I think GOG is mostly focusing on PC games. The consoles themselves are already getting into emulation of older titles with the Wii Virtual Console and Playstation Store. Even Live Arcade has some original X-Box titles available.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'
I'd love FFVII on GOG, even just for various goodies.

Vertigus posted:

What I want to know is whether they're going to streamline it to really appeal to the casual gaming audience. As far as I can tell, all its features are pretty old hat by now and have been implemented into most games. Even Mario plays itself these days.

It's the first of April.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Mr Right posted:

It's the first of April.

Wosh.

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa

Nanpa posted:

To anyone that's considering Evil Genius:
It's an okay game I guess, but it has nothing at all over Dungeon Keeper 1&2. A fun distraction at best, and if you're really into management/tycoon games you'd better find something else (Capitalism 2 is brilliant! Or even Dwarf Fortress). My personal pick of this sale is Lords of the Realm 2.

Dwarf Fortress is a good mention because the more nuanced 'base building' in that is what Evil Genius could have done with (multiple level bases, randomly generated starting islands, etc), and actually, DF (at this point in time) and Evil Genius both lack the feeling of having any real end game or point beyond playing for your own sake - it just works better in DF's case.

So yeah you're totally right that it's not a patch on DK, and not a mangement game at all really, but at the same time, I think it's still worth playing because of the way it tries to blend the Risk world conquering strategy elements with the base building. It looks quite pretty these days running with full AA and filtering, and has a lot of charm with it.

Startopia is a better option though (and more closely genetically related to DK). If you like semi-broken but interesting games then Republic: The Revolution is also worth a look.

MajorB
Jul 3, 2007
Another stupid '07er
I just logged into GOG for the first time in a while to see if they had any April Fool's jokes and say that they recently added Rayman. Rayman was (and still is) my favorite game and getting the PC version to work is annoying, especially since I'm not really sure where my discs are. I've had to resort to running the inferior Playstation version (which I also own) in an emulator. I don't think I've ever bought a game that fast. This version is missing the Rayman Gold levels but has a pack of levels I've never played before, it comes with the fancy level editor, the amazing soundtrack AND it immediately picked up on my 360 controller! I hope this means Rayman 2 is coming soon...

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MajorB posted:

I just logged into GOG for the first time in a while to see if they had any April Fool's jokes and say that they recently added Rayman. Rayman was (and still is) my favorite game and getting the PC version to work is annoying, especially since I'm not really sure where my discs are. I've had to resort to running the inferior Playstation version (which I also own) in an emulator. I don't think I've ever bought a game that fast. This version is missing the Rayman Gold levels but has a pack of levels I've never played before, it comes with the fancy level editor, the amazing soundtrack AND it immediately picked up on my 360 controller! I hope this means Rayman 2 is coming soon...

Dunno how much more of this Ubi-Soft sweek we are getting, but I'm just happy about XIII and Rayman.

Aratoeldar
Mar 21, 2005
I believe E.A. owns the rights to the S.S.I. Gold Box games. True or False?

I know that somebody in Japan is making new Japanese oriented Wizardry games but who owns the rights to the old games (I - VIII)?

I take it by the wiki entry for the Ultima series that it is owned by E.A.. True or False?

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Ultima was developed by Origin Systems (except for Underworld, which was developed by Blue Sky/Looking Glass and published through Origin); Origin was devoured by EA some time ago. So yeah, most likely all of the Ultima games are owned by EA.

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~

Aratoeldar posted:

I believe E.A. owns the rights to the S.S.I. Gold Box games. True or False?

I know that somebody in Japan is making new Japanese oriented Wizardry games but who owns the rights to the old games (I - VIII)?

I take it by the wiki entry for the Ultima series that it is owned by E.A.. True or False?

What I wouldn't do for legit copies of those old D&D games :allears:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
W...w....why did I click on this thread? :qq:

I have like $100 worth of games I am buying as soon as I get home tonight from this site. I did a backflip when I saw "waxworks" on there!

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?
Yeah, sorry naysayers. XIII is still awesome.

Why yes, that is me throwing a knife into a man's eye while I hold his partner hostage.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Slantedfloors posted:

Yeah, sorry naysayers. XIII is still awesome.

Why yes, that is me throwing a knife into a man's eye while I hold his partner hostage.

drat you, I'm trying to wait until it goes on sale.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
Something's wrong with me I guess. I've played through (and absolutely love) games like Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate 1-2, Planescape, I like some roguelikes (like Crawl) and generally am a fan of RPGs and leveling up characters and completing quests and such.

I absolutely cannot get into Might and Magic 7. At first it was just me having no idea what I was doing (took me a little bit to find the return key to make combat turn-based) but now that I've put 3 hours or so into it, I don't know if I'm going to continue.

I'm out of the Emerald Isle, and I've cleared out my new lovely castle (funny joke, that). I just don't see myself ever finding the combat system in this to be fun. :( It's like a clunky hybrid between a real-time game like Oblivion (I know, it's really stupid to negatively compare a game like M&M 7 to something it so directly influenced years later) and a typical JRPG like FF3.

I think I just waited too long to try this one. Maybe I should've bought the 6 pack, I feel like like the early polygon models are working against me here too. I just feel bad because I can definitely see a good game somewhere in there, but it just feels like it isn't for me.

Ah well, 6 dollars.

electrigger
Dec 18, 2005

so gay and you don't even like boys

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

Something's wrong with me I guess. I've played through (and absolutely love) games like Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate 1-2, Planescape, I like some roguelikes (like Crawl) and generally am a fan of RPGs and leveling up characters and completing quests and such.

I absolutely cannot get into Might and Magic 7. At first it was just me having no idea what I was doing (took me a little bit to find the return key to make combat turn-based) but now that I've put 3 hours or so into it, I don't know if I'm going to continue.

I'm out of the Emerald Isle, and I've cleared out my new lovely castle (funny joke, that). I just don't see myself ever finding the combat system in this to be fun. :( It's like a clunky hybrid between a real-time game like Oblivion (I know, it's really stupid to negatively compare a game like M&M 7 to something it so directly influenced years later) and a typical JRPG like FF3.

I think I just waited too long to try this one. Maybe I should've bought the 6 pack, I feel like like the early polygon models are working against me here too. I just feel bad because I can definitely see a good game somewhere in there, but it just feels like it isn't for me.

Ah well, 6 dollars.

I feel your pain here but as someone who is a few hours past the Isle, and somewhat now invested in the game, can someone please tell me how the hell i'm supposed to play this?

I know its old school and thats part of the charm but gently caress me. I didn't really play these kinds of games when they were newer so I have no idea what the gently caress.

I've cleared out your castle, and I've also cleared out the landscape outside of the town of alllll the goblins. Are you supposed to just kite out small groups of those bitches and kill them and keep on grinding by returning to the tavern to rest over and over and over until you get them all? If this is how the game is supposed to be played, jesus wept.

Now I'm stuck bashing my head against the wall, I got to the barrow downs, tried clearing out that first barrow...and gently caress that poo poo, ended up having to retreat. What the hell do you do about curses? Getting rid of stuff at the temple is waaay to expensive.

Finally found the dwarf city, and am working on the troglodyte quest and now I'm stuck in a trap of continuously getting poisoned + having to rest a lot and pay out the nose to get rid of poison at the temple. I'm running out of money and I feel like there is some subtlety that i'm missing out on that's making this harder than it should be. My melee characters seem to never loving hit, my most reliable damage comes from magic like lovely rear end fire bolts I get to peck enemies to death with, and mobs instantly attack my cleric and gently caress her to pieces first always.

Is this game just that hard and unforgiving? Or is there some great thing I missed that makes things easier?

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

At my signal, DEAL WITH IT.
Taco Defender
Double posted for some reason.

shalcar fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 2, 2011

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

At my signal, DEAL WITH IT.
Taco Defender

electrigger posted:

I feel your pain here but as someone who is a few hours past the Isle, and somewhat now invested in the game, can someone please tell me how the hell i'm supposed to play this?

I know its old school and thats part of the charm but gently caress me. I didn't really play these kinds of games when they were newer so I have no idea what the gently caress.

I've cleared out your castle, and I've also cleared out the landscape outside of the town of alllll the goblins. Are you supposed to just kite out small groups of those bitches and kill them and keep on grinding by returning to the tavern to rest over and over and over until you get them all? If this is how the game is supposed to be played, jesus wept.

Now I'm stuck bashing my head against the wall, I got to the barrow downs, tried clearing out that first barrow...and gently caress that poo poo, ended up having to retreat. What the hell do you do about curses? Getting rid of stuff at the temple is waaay to expensive.

Finally found the dwarf city, and am working on the troglodyte quest and now I'm stuck in a trap of continuously getting poisoned + having to rest a lot and pay out the nose to get rid of poison at the temple. I'm running out of money and I feel like there is some subtlety that i'm missing out on that's making this harder than it should be. My melee characters seem to never loving hit, my most reliable damage comes from magic like lovely rear end fire bolts I get to peck enemies to death with, and mobs instantly attack my cleric and gently caress her to pieces first always.

Is this game just that hard and unforgiving? Or is there some great thing I missed that makes things easier?

As someone who has played and won every Might and Magic game multiple times (except I only won 1 once. gently caress doing that again) I feel like I should offer some advice.

Might and Magic uses the standard warriors amazing at the start, casters terrible into warriors okish, casters murder everything.

The spell system is a little bit unintuitive, so I'll give a quick runthrough and hopefully you will be able to get out of the rut that you can get stuck in.

As you may have noticed, healing health and mana at the temple is cheap, but status effects cost a fortune as well as taking you out of the fight and making you run away.

The status effects, what they do and how to fix them are as follows:
Weakness: Reduced hitpoints and damage, Cure Weakness : Body Magic - basic
Poison: Reduced hit, damage and stats, Cure Poison : Body Magic - expert
Disease: Reduced hit, damage and stats, Cure Disease: Body Magic - master
Insanity: Reduced Stats, Cure Insanity: Mind Magic - master
Afraid: Reduced Stats and to hit, Remove Fear: Mind Magic - basic
Asleep: Can't take any action, Awaken: Water Magic - basic
Cursed: 50% failure rate for all actions, Remove Curse: Spirit Magic - expert
Stoned: Can't take any action, Stone to Flesh: Earth Magic - expert
Paralyzed: Can't take any action, Cure Paralysis: Mind Magic - expert
Eradicated: Can't take any action, Resurrection: Spirit Magic - Grand master
Dead: Can't take any action, Raise Dead: Spirit Magic - master

As you can see, you can fix just about everything with expert magic (which takes 4 points in any one magic skill and the associated trainer). Something to remember is that you have a limited time from the application to cure the problem based on your skill in the magic.

At basic level, you have 3 game minutes per point (about 20 seconds real life time) to cure the affliction. At expert level, you have 1 game hour per point (about 1 real life minute). At master level, you have 1 day per point and and grand master you have no time limit.

This doesn't hold for every spell, but for most of them it will. As you can see, expert magic skill is crucial both for the spells it gives you as well as giving you a realistic amount of time to cure the problems.

In addition, the buff spells work in similar ways. The buff spells are as follows:

Elemental Resistances (Fire, Air, Water, Earth): 1 point per skill multiplied by the expertise level (1x basic, 2x expert, 3x master etc)
Haste: Faster action times, Fire Magic - expert
Shield: Reduced projectile damage, Air Magic - expert
Stone Skin: Extra Armour Class, Earth Magic - expert
Bless: Extra chance to hit, Spirit Magic - basic
Preservation: Character can not die from damage, Spirit Magic - expert
Heroism: Increases damage dealt, Spirit Magic - expert
Regeneration: Passively regenerate health, Body Magic - expert
Protection from Magic: Adsorbs magic based status effects, Body Magic - expert
Day of the Gods: Increases attributes by fuckloads, Light Magic - expert
Day of Protection: All element and magic resitances by oodles, Light Magic - master
Hour of Power: Haste, Heroism, Shield, Stone Skin, Bless on party, Light Magic - master

These spells will often be the difference between walking through hordes while laughing or getting beaten back to the temple again and again.

Preservation and Regeneration in combination basically mean that your party is almost unkillable. Regeneration alone heals over 10 times as much health on a per spellpoint basis than your most cost effective healing spell, it just takes hours to do it. Over the course of a dungeon, this can really add up. Not to mention a single mana pot becomes an inordinate amount of health.

If you guys could tell me what your party lineup is and basic skills, I could quickly sketch out a basic gameplan that will get you out of the bind you are in. I hope you have found this helpful!

uncleTomOfFinland
May 25, 2008

ToxicFrog posted:

Ultima was developed by Origin Systems (except for Underworld, which was developed by Blue Sky/Looking Glass and published through Origin); Origin was devoured by EA some time ago. So yeah, most likely all of the Ultima games are owned by EA.

Yeah and they're being a little bitchy about it too.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

Ah well, 6 dollars.

This is why I generally recommend the six pack. It's got both old and new style Might and Magic, and they're so different that hating one doesn't mean you'll hate the other. World of Xeen is an amazing game, and it also has precious little to do with 6-8.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Rirse posted:

Dunno how much more of this Ubi-Soft sweek we are getting, but I'm just happy about XIII and Rayman.

At this point they've pretty much covered their best classic windows titles but my personal wish list still contains Will Rock (decent Serious Sam rip-off), Battle Realms (oriental themed RTS), Hype: The Time Quest (probably some licensing conflicts here), Sub-Culture, and Evil Twin (creepy platformer that never saw an American release).

keyframe posted:

I have like $100 worth of games I am buying as soon as I get home tonight from this site. I did a backflip when I saw "waxworks" on there!

You're the only person doing a backflip for Waxworks.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I loved the poo poo out of it back when I was playing it on my amiga 500. Waxworks owns. :colbert:

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa

keyframe posted:

I loved the poo poo out of it back when I was playing it on my amiga 500. Waxworks owns. :colbert:

Had never played it (I was way too young), but checking up on it the art style and inventory seemed familiar... the devs only went and became AdventureSoft! That's crazy!

Also, this screenshot, I don't know if this is deliberate (maybe, for such a well designed horror game) but it made me laugh:

Harmonica fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Apr 2, 2011

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

electrigger posted:

Re: poisoning and disease: Alchemy. Just having the basic skill allows you to make antidotes for both (purple and orange, respectively). Doing the simpler quests like "get the Parson's quill" in Erathia, "say hi to the Fairy King for me" in one of the elven cities and some of the class promotion quests grant generous amounts of money and experience given how simple they are.

Also, pre-emptively regarding the Sorcerer's bitchy promotion quest: There's two chests in the teleporter hub of Bracada Desert. There's a delivery report that makes it a bunch easier. Don't take the head you find here.

The game is pretty unforgiving at the start. The stranglehold loosens pretty quickly after a certain threshold, though.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

electrigger posted:

I think the biggest thing is that it's an improved sequel to the first of the (revitalized) series, so it makes some assumptions that the player knows how the game works in general.

As the first priority, try to get your spellcasters to at least Expert training, and get them some good spells. Good, first priority spells include AE damage such as Fireball, protection spells, Cure <condition>, and buffs such as Heroism and Blessing. With all the protection spells you take much less damage, with cure spells you can save on temple healing, and Blessing plus Heroism make your fighters much more effective.

I'm not sure if Barrows and the caves under dwarven city are the best place for you to head straight in; you might want to explore and clear some overland first to gain a couple of levels. The dwarven city does have a couple of important trainers and a bunch of quests, but you might want to come back a bit later to actually fight there. The Barrows do yield a pretty massive amount of gold if you can handle them.

Ohthehugemanatee
Oct 18, 2005

Scalding Coffee posted:

I had lots of problems with Evil Genius. Expect tons of tedium while waiting for stupid minions to do stuff you told them an hour ago. Doing the various things to make the game tolerable wasn't enough if you get dropped off to island two and not begin base building until an hour later. Minions wouldn't even upgrade at all at some point on the Steam version.
If you can wait hours to get simple things done you could have done yourself, that is Evil Genius.

Yeah, Evil Genius was Dungeon Keeper gone wrong. It's incredibly frustrating and a lot of it comes down to waiting for time to pass. It's quite charming though, it's just that once the charm wears off you realize the game isn't much of a game.

Carl Sagan
Feb 8, 2003

Man I'd kill for this place to start carrying Magic Carpet

electrigger
Dec 18, 2005

Thanks for the advice guys, I critically underestimated the importance of removing status spells in this game. I also see that apparently your casters shouldn't spread skill points at all, at least at first and shoot for expert as soon as possible.

That being said, is there a way to 'farm' money in the easier areas at least? As far as I see it looks like monsters don't respawn, which is great but also sucks since I've run out of things I can somewhat kill reliably such as the horde of goblins outside of the starting town.

It sounds great that I can get a bunch of curing spells and awesome buffs that will make my life easier but I have like no cash now. I have an awful feeling that this game is probably one you can paint yourself into a corner with in regards to money or skill point allocation and you have no choice but to start from scratch.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

electrigger posted:

That being said, is there a way to 'farm' money in the easier areas at least? As far as I see it looks like monsters don't respawn, which is great but also sucks since I've run out of things I can somewhat kill reliably such as the horde of goblins outside of the starting town.
Everything respawns, but I think that's on a yearly timer.

Regarding money, let me quote myself from earlier:

scamtank posted:

Acromage and quests. If you feel like grinding, there's the merchant runs. You can find vendors selling huge crates of various items and supplies all over. If you deliver the stuff you bought to some other vendor elsewhere in the world, you net a small profit for every box.
If you're really strapped for funds, poke around the ground in Tularean Forest (maybe Avlee?) and look for blue-capped mushrooms. They're elvish toadstools, the strongest blue reagents in the game whose true value is 500 gold per shroom. You should also concentrate your Merchant skill on your Cleric. He's the only class in the game that can grandmaster it.

electrigger posted:

I have an awful feeling that this game is probably one you can paint yourself into a corner with in regards to money or skill point allocation and you have no choice but to start from scratch.
Nonsense. Also, use any horseshoes you find (2 or 3 near every stable) like potions. They give extra skill points for some reason.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Carl Sagan posted:

Man I'd kill for this place to start carrying Magic Carpet

Bullfrog = EA. Those assholes are sitting on a goldmine and don't care.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Ohthehugemanatee posted:

Yeah, Evil Genius was Dungeon Keeper gone wrong. It's incredibly frustrating and a lot of it comes down to waiting for time to pass. It's quite charming though, it's just that once the charm wears off you realize the game isn't much of a game.

The concept is awesome though. Too bad I got stuck waiting for my minions to actually arrive at a location I sent them to. Not sure if it was a bug or what, but too much trouble.

electrigger
Dec 18, 2005

scamtank posted:

Everything respawns, but I think that's on a yearly timer.

Regarding money, let me quote myself from earlier:

If you're really strapped for funds, poke around the ground in Tularean Forest (maybe Avlee?) and look for blue-capped mushrooms. They're elvish toadstools, the strongest blue reagents in the game whose true value is 500 gold per shroom. You should also concentrate your Merchant skill on your Cleric. He's the only class in the game that can grandmaster it.

Nonsense. Also, use any horseshoes you find (2 or 3 near every stable) like potions. They give extra skill points for some reason.

Nice thanks for this, the cash thing was the biggest thing holding me back.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

al-azad posted:

Bullfrog = EA. Those assholes are sitting on a goldmine and don't care.

Yeah, in addition to Origin (Ultima, Wing Commander, Crusader, CyberMage, and Looking Glass's early stuff) and Bullfrog (Magic Carpet, Dungeon Keeper, Populous, Syndicate), they're also - as far as I know - squatting on Maxis (SimEverything), Westwood (Command and Conquer, Dune, Kyrandia, Lands of Lore) and Pandemic (Dark Reign, Battlezone).

Assholes.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

ToxicFrog posted:

Yeah, in addition to Origin (Ultima, Wing Commander, Crusader, CyberMage, and Looking Glass's early stuff) and Bullfrog (Magic Carpet, Dungeon Keeper, Populous, Syndicate), they're also - as far as I know - squatting on Maxis (SimEverything), Westwood (Command and Conquer, Dune, Kyrandia, Lands of Lore) and Pandemic (Dark Reign, Battlezone).

Assholes.

Yeah, it's almost criminal. They could have the best publisher profile of all time on GoG, but would rather let these great games sit under a box in the corner somewhere doing nothing. It's unfathomable.

But evidently they don't think these games hold up very well, anyway, so it's a lost cause.

Tufty
May 21, 2006

The Traffic Safety Squirrel

Hakkesshu posted:

Yeah, it's almost criminal. They could have the best publisher profile of all time on GoG, but would rather let these great games sit under a box in the corner somewhere doing nothing. It's unfathomable.

But evidently they don't think these games hold up very well, anyway, so it's a lost cause.

Agreed. It makes absolutely no sense. Even if they don't think the games hold up very well (ridiculous) then they must be aware of the fact that tons of people disagree and would love to buy copies that play nicely with current operating systems.

Put games on GOG ----> Make lots of money

How are you so stupid, EA?

UselessLurker
Apr 28, 2008

Tufty posted:

Agreed. It makes absolutely no sense. Even if they don't think the games hold up very well (ridiculous) then they must be aware of the fact that tons of people disagree and would love to buy copies that play nicely with current operating systems.

Put games on GOG ----> Make lots of money

How are you so stupid, EA?

It probably has a lot to do with the whole "DRM-free" thing.

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~
Games that people pirate because no one will release them legit :doom:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Molyneux said recently if there's any game he wants to pick back up again it's Syndicate but I think they're too busy milking BioWare and whatever Call of Duty killer they have the ex-Infinity Ward guys working on.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Capitalism looked interesting but it didn't look like there was any transportation involved (from the video I watched atleast). I really enjoyed setting up my routes in Industry Giant. Should I just try to get that to run on my system or are there other games similar to it in regard to long game length, transportation, and production?

electrigger
Dec 18, 2005

Ok sorry about the Might and Magic derails, but I've run into another annoyance. I got my party on the way now, expert spirit and body magic going on with my cleric which is awesome, but now when I visit the dwarf castle the guards all immediately attack me. What gives? I haven't done anything to make them want to attack me as far as I know. Is there some way to fix my rep with the dwarf town?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

member001
Feb 19, 2011

Decrepus posted:

Capitalism looked interesting but it didn't look like there was any transportation involved (from the video I watched atleast). I really enjoyed setting up my routes in Industry Giant. Should I just try to get that to run on my system or are there other games similar to it in regard to long game length, transportation, and production?

Not on top of my head, but there is a game 'Cities in Motion' that came out recently that'll fit the 'long game length and transportation'. Kinda of a Transport Tycoon type game except you are limited to public transports only.