Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

I'm actually pretty happy about this, Ben Weasel is a cock. What I'm interested in though is the Riverdales, are they going kaput too? Or is Ben just being forced out? Or is it just going the pinhead gunpowder route of "everyone will forget we have this person in here"?

Edit: Hey Dan, you finished the methadones to focus on other bands. One of those bands is gone I guess its time to start the methadones back up :ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'd imagine Riverdales are kaput for the time being, too, since it's essentially the same line-up and the guys made it sound like they really don't want to be associated with Ben right now.

I almost want to say that I doubt the break-up will last, but Vapid's stuck around for so long that this may be like the final straw. From what I've heard, he hasn't been a big fan of the stuff Ben's said/done lately, even before SxSW happened. Again, that's what I've heard, may not be true, heard it from a dude who was doing a documentary on the band reuniting and recording the new album.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

That's the thing, Vapid's been with many projects with ben for some time. So you do have to wonder if he's going to take any more or if this was it. I mean Ben's disposition is widely known, while awful, this incident isn't that surprising.

v:confused:v

At any rate, going to be following this news as a Screeching Weasel/Riverdales/Dan Vapid fan.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Ben may be an rear end in a top hat but the whole notion of the band members quitting "for the time being" is loving retarded. That's not taking a stand at all.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/bike_enthusiast_shot_dead/

Punch, Comadre and Touche Amore are spreading this news around. I don't know the guy or anything but I figured someone here might.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

NeilPerry posted:

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/bike_enthusiast_shot_dead/

Punch, Comadre and Touche Amore are spreading this news around. I don't know the guy or anything but I figured someone here might.

I loosely did - most of my friends were very deeply connected to him. Mitch was like the nicest guy in the world. Brutally unfair. I didn't even know him that well and I've been seriously upset all day after hearing this.

Another story: http://bombthemusicindustry.tumblr.com/post/4085773144/with-a-heavy-heart

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
Nico de Gallo left Star loving Hipsters :(

quote:

We're sad to announce the departure of Nico de Gallo from our line-up after over three years of happy fun tymes! She will be missed by all. Starting on Tuesday, Kelsy from the Oakland super-group Chump-Change will be assuming co-lead vocals with myself, your humble newscaster, Sturgil Crizil. Also, stay tuned, by the time you read this there may already be a lil' pnut terrorizing the NY/NJ metropolitan area.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Triangulum posted:

Nico de Gallo left Star loving Hipsters :(

loving BOO

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
Could not agree more :(

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Sucks pretty hard.

Here have a video of SFH playing 3000 Miles Away on Fearless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IptKDiLDZw

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
Man 3000 miles away is definitely my least favorite SFH song :(
This one owns the hardest imo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT8P7OYfWT4

UGH WHY DID SHE HAVE TO LEAVE 1 WEEK BEFORE I'M SEEING S.F.H WHAT THE HELL.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009
Wait, a girl shared lead vocals in SFH? For some reason I thought it was Stza singing in a slightly higher voice or something :ohdear:

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
To be fair, they do sound almost identical at times (like on The Path is Paved holy crap)

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009
Upon listening to them for the first time in awhile, I probably should have realized it was two people. I guess I missed that :downs:

Pabst Blue Trippin
Oct 11, 2010
Did anyone else manage to snag a 3 day pass to Punk Rock Bowling this year?

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I am loving getting this if I have to camp overnight to do so: http://www.banquetrecords.com/rsd11bbrains;jsessionid=EB10E2E6BC21779B912FC12694A5842F

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I will literally fight people for it.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
Holy crap that owns.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Triangulum, I come back from exams and see that news about nico and SFH? Why you gotta do this to me man? I am tempted to put in an order on pay to cum, so badly, but I dont have a record player. Do I do it anyways and become -that- guy? :ohdear:

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009
Posted in this in the vinyl thread, but it definitely belongs here as well.
http://www.asianmanrecords.com/
Asian Man is selling test pressings for Japan quake relief. As long as you pay at least 100 bucks, you can pick one from their list. Interesting bands include: Lemuria, Bomb the Music Industry!, Smoking Popes, Laura Stevenson and the Cans, The Queers, Classics of Love and Andrew Jackson Jihad. There's also a 40 dollar pack of cd's.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

Quantumfate posted:

Triangulum, I come back from exams and see that news about nico and SFH? Why you gotta do this to me man?

Sorry man! Figured I'd make everyone suffer with me. BUT S.F.H! TOMORROW! gently caress. YES.

I hope Nico left because Stza knocked her up. They would have beautiful children :3: :3:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Weaselfest officially cancelled

quote:

After a week of hard work and soul searching, it’s with deep regret that we have to announce the cancelation of WeaselFest. We apologize to those who were traveling from far away and want you to know that your efforts and support do not go unnoticed.

Thank you.

Hard work and soul searching my rear end, it's because most of the bands dropped off, including the two you're in.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Triangulum posted:

Sorry man! Figured I'd make everyone suffer with me. BUT S.F.H! TOMORROW! gently caress. YES.

I hope Nico left because Stza knocked her up. They would have beautiful children :3: :3:

God, I can only hope SFH makes its way through reno on its way back east it was awesome when they showed up with citizen fish and the vampirates. Is stza doing any shows in SD outside of the yard you're heading to? I know that he'll throw on impromptu shows for all ages crowds if they can get enough people together.

And yes, you could say that those kids would be born in the gutter, chained to a radiator in a flea-bitten squat for sixteen years. :v:

EDIT: I forget ^^^ The hard work was Ben weasel searching for a soul that would tolerate his cuntishness.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

Quantumfate posted:

God, I can only hope SFH makes its way through reno on its way back east it was awesome when they showed up with citizen fish and the vampirates. Is stza doing any shows in SD outside of the yard you're heading to? I know that he'll throw on impromptu shows for all ages crowds if they can get enough people together.

And yes, you could say that those kids would be born in the gutter, chained to a radiator in a flea-bitten squat for sixteen years. :v:

EDIT: I forget ^^^ The hard work was Ben weasel searching for a soul that would tolerate his cuntishness.

I've heard that their might be a second show at the Yard on sunday but details have been pretty sketchy so I'm not really sure.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

It does sound a little off since they're supposed to be in LA on sat. You never know though. SFH may have a more mainstream sort of backing than LoC or CV, but stza is the kind of guy who does stuff like that, for all his other crazy.

In semi-related news, I just found out about the new Ecocide self titled, Much better than their demo, by far. I mean wow, check it out if you can. The female vocals hit you pretty well, and the dual vocals from the guy compliment it. Album strikes me as a lot less Witch hunt and more Ekkaia though. I guess I'd call it a sort of angry lethargy that you see on Sombras del Progresso. Also it has violins. Crust Punk violins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_jrQYZNlqE

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
Punk with violins is literally my favorite thing ever. also this owns, thanks for the link

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

I was honestly expecting to be the only person enjoying it because crust tends to be this thing that you dont talk about because of them you know who, you can smell em at every hardcore show :v:

But yeah, if you liked the violins in proverb check out This Soil Shall No Longer Bear Fruit from the same album. There's no youtube because that would be half the album (its full length but four songs clocking in at ~ten minutes). Powerful violin on that song still.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

Quantumfate posted:

I was honestly expecting to be the only person enjoying it because crust tends to be this thing that you dont talk about because of them you know who, you can smell em at every hardcore show :v:

But yeah, if you liked the violins in proverb check out This Soil Shall No Longer Bear Fruit from the same album. There's no youtube because that would be half the album (its full length but four songs clocking in at ~ten minutes). Powerful violin on that song still.

Gonna check that out as soon as I get off work, thank you!

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

No one else will care, but that new ecocide album has a track, static, and holy poo poo I just realized it has something straight-up lifted from Nux Vomica's Asleep in the ashes. The riff from Invasion plays when they talk about the war of the worlds. Kudos Ecocide, that was a clever reference. :golfclap:

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009
So today Punknews reviewed the Dopamines record Expect the Worst. 10 times.
http://www.punknews.org/

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LtTennisBall posted:

When you first hear an album like this you might say what albums is this?? But that’s ok because this album Is good. Its called Expect the Worst by the Dopeamines and its good. Its punk rock like sex piistols.

So the other day my dad said I had to get a job and I said no because anarchy. I put on the Dope Mines and it made me feel batter about my dad. I hate him so much. Then my girlfriend broke up with my on Twitter and I got mad. I put the Misfits on because they understand women. Then I went to the mall and got kicked out because anarchy.

I downloaded Dope Fiends on the internet when I got home. I have the album and played it five times in a row its so good. The songs are not long like Pink floyd which is gay poo poo. The songs are fast and punk like good. Im going to play this poo poo every loving day at school.I hate math class

Anyway Dopermines is good so gently caress you posers. If you like good punk that’s not gay charlote you should get this.

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010

LtTennisBall posted:

This is really funny, especially because I know the guy who always whines "Where's the Dopamines Interview???"

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

Dickeye posted:

So the other day my dad said I had to get a job and I said no because anarchy. I put on the Dope Mines and it made me feel batter about my dad. I hate him so much. Then my girlfriend broke up with my on Twitter and I got mad. I put the Misfits on because they understand women. Then I went to the mall and got kicked out because anarchy.

Aaaahahahahahahahahahaha wow. someone watched SLC Punk too many times

Triangulum fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 1, 2011

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Dorkrockcorkrod, mikey :allears:

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
The Dwarves and The Cro-Mags are coming to San Diego~! FUUUUUCK YESSS

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Triangulum posted:

Aaaahahahahahahahahahaha wow. someone watched SLC Punk too many times

I know, right? It's a beautiful thing.

They've been doing Dopamines articles all day, including this one:

quote:

Occasional The Dopamines guitarist Mikey Erg has finally come clean on his involvement with the band, offering a statement full of revelatory information. Here's what Mr. Erg had to say:

"Here's a nugget for ya: I'm only in the Dopamines for the money. A hired gun, as it were. When copies of Expect The Worst began collecting dust at the Paper and Plastick warehouse, the label called me up and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Vinnie has Less Than Jake levels of cash, and he signed Fall Out Boy, so I knew I could trust him.

As for the guys in the band, I like them all right but we all know why I'm here. They're riding my pop-punk coattails, because we all know the fake last name Erg is royalty in this scene. I still can't believe those slackasses at Punknews.org haven't posted a review of the album, even after I joined the band."

We'll keep you updated as this story unfolds.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
I think im gonna start justifying every stupid thing i can think of with "because anarchy"

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009
I think I'm just going to begin answering every question "because anarchy" from now on.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
The S.F.H. show owned and the Vindictive Bitches were really good too. The replacement singer was super weak though and I broke my glasses halfway thru the second song. Seriously this is the second pair in 7 days I need loving contacts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all

LtTennisBall posted:

April Fool's Day you jackasses

I had gone on there and saw the reviews on the right side panel clogged with Dopamines reviews. I'm sad about the New Haven incident......so god drat messed up. I hope they catch the fucker who shot Mitch. I didn't know him, but I don't have to.

punxnbutter fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 2, 2011