Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave
Three hours or so logged into New Vegas Bounties II and it has a couple issues. That's to be assumed since it was just uploaded but just chiming in to recommend people not to download it until the next update comes around. Also, I would advise you both to play the first one beforehand and run through it with a high level character. It's tied into the original with more than a few storyline strands, and it's really, really hard. What I have played so far though has been extremely well-done, storyline and design-wise, and I like the new bounty system (wanted posters) a lot better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35706 - Intuitive Realistic Cooking

I was browsing around for mods that allow me to eat animal corpses whole or cook just about anything but this is the best I've found.

Someone help me in my quest to turn New Vegas into Snake Eater :(

Sporto
Oct 16, 2010

The Slayer walks the earth!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Someone help me in my quest to turn New Vegas into Snake Eater :(

There was a fallout 3 mod kind of like this... somekind of nutrition thing that kept track of your nutrient levels, and if I remember correctly there was even an .esp to display your potassium and vitamin-A... otherwise you could play in "simple-mode", which would only track your carbohydrate and protein levels.

The player could throw down this red triangle (it was a red pool-ball rack) and interact with it to build a campfire. All animals gave off raw meat which then needed to be roasted to have any real nutritional effect.

Quick edit: although it wouldn't be snake eater unless you could call a woman up on your pip-boy and talk about the history of golovas and durian.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Some people have asked me why I haven't used the STALKER conversion guns in the pack since some of them are pretty well done and what not, and I had a hard time explaining why they were horseshit done by someone who didn't know what they were doing. Previously, I didn't want to spend the time figuring out how to convert STALKER models into a format I could work with and then reimport them but this morning I decided to spend some time doing just that.

Here is why.

Still can't see what's wrong? It's subtle in a still screenshot, though more evident when the gun is in movement but here's what's 'under the hood' of the texture.

Whoops. And these screenshots don't even show the missing polygons in the gun, albeit they're small unlike some of the other conversions

Guns like the STALKER converted PKM are missing massive faces, have inverted faces, overlapping polygons, etc. The meshes are a mess with a dress and lipstick slapped on them in the form of a texture to make the pig look pretty. So that's why they're not in the pack.

So if assuming my proper conversion animates correctly, a far more properly converted P220 will be in the pack in the next update and I won't owe a single person a single bit of credit or permission for it other than GSC.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I have a questoin about that mod that lets you play Fallout 3 in the New Vegas engine? Does it let you visit the DLC and also how does it handle your party members? Are they still the Fallout 3 style or the much improved New Vegas style.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Rirse posted:

I have a questoin about that mod that lets you play Fallout 3 in the New Vegas engine? Does it let you visit the DLC and also how does it handle your party members? Are they still the Fallout 3 style or the much improved New Vegas style.

Those mods are currently testing/WIP mods that are incredibly incomplete at the moment. No one has developed a version that won't reset your character's looks and stats, for instance, or dealt with the problem of duplicated perks and certain meshes that are still yellow exclamation points no matter how hard you link to the BSAs (stairs in megaton, for example). I got FO3 working in NV shortly after launch and it's cool if you're down for experimenting but don't expect to play it like a normal game, it's totally unimmersive and kind of fucks up existing characters and requires heavy use of the console.

The DLC for FO3 are *probably* somewhat easier to make compatible on an individual basis but I don't think anyone has tackled it yet, there are a lot of instances where the FO3 DLCs call up on FO3 leveled lists where you'd want to insert the appropriate leveled list from New Vegas, plus remove all references to the FO3 gameworld, and untangling this type of thing takes a pretty hefty time investment.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Naky posted:

Guns like the STALKER converted PKM are missing massive faces, have inverted faces, overlapping polygons, etc. The meshes are a mess with a dress and lipstick slapped on them in the form of a texture to make the pig look pretty. So that's why they're not in the pack.

What makes the guns look all weird when you import them?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What makes the guns look all weird when you import them?

Terrible model conversion by the original person that ripped it. It's not atypical to see randomly inverted meshes which need to be fixed by hand. Most people who are ripping from another game to shove it into FO3/New Vegas/Oblivion don't care enough to fix it. How bad it is and how often depends how it was taken; if you can backload things smoothly into 3DS Max and export them in a format friendly to the game you want to put them in, it's less likely down to zero errors in some circumstances. If you rip it out of your 3D buffers while the original game is rendering, it's going to happen a lot.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Pretty much. Either the person didn't care to fix the issue because they wanted to rush it out, or they didn't know how to fix it which is almost like 'Why bother at all?' in my mind.

In other news:

May or may not make it. Wasn't as easy as the P220.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I'm considering making an ammunition overhaul to put up on the Nexus that runs on the premise of the current system being user unfriendly and confusing and will make the whole game more accessible to children and people RPing low-int characters.

The changes will be the following: Change every firearm ammunition type to a single type named Bullet and every energy weapon ammunition to Laser Bullet. Every grenade will be renamed Throwable Explosive or Shootable Explosive and every mine renamed Plantable Explosive.

All ammo-crafting recipes will be redone into four types. Make Bullet. Make Laser Bullet. Make Throwable Explosive. Make Plantable Explosive. Bullets will break down into shells, sandy bits, metal bits, and little things respectively. Mines, etc, will break down mainly into metal bits and sandy bits.

Sporto
Oct 16, 2010

The Slayer walks the earth!

Omnicarus posted:

I'm considering making an ammunition overhaul to put up on the Nexus that runs on the premise of the current system being user unfriendly and confusing and will make the whole game more accessible to children and people RPing low-int characters.

The changes will be the following: Change every firearm ammunition type to a single type named Bullet and every energy weapon ammunition to Laser Bullet. Every grenade will be renamed Throwable Explosive or Shootable Explosive and every mine renamed Plantable Explosive.

All ammo-crafting recipes will be redone into four types. Make Bullet. Make Laser Bullet. Make Throwable Explosive. Make Plantable Explosive. Bullets will break down into shells, sandy bits, metal bits, and little things respectively. Mines, etc, will break down mainly into metal bits and sandy bits.

How can I kill deathclaws with my mind? I hate vats. I hate FPS. How many sandy bits to kill a deathclaw? Can you give me unlimited experience?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Omnicarus posted:

Deus Ex: Invisible War for Fallout New Vegas.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Deus Ex: Invisible War for Fallout New Vegas.

That'd have only one "Ammo" type for ballistic weapons, energy weapons, grenades as well as mines.

How does that work? :iiam:

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
@Naky

I'm not sure what you mean by error handling, my script checks for the current version of the Mod manager and New Vegas, every error handling beyond that point (File collisions, low harddrive space, archive corruption etc.) gets handled by the mod manager itself anyways and would be caught earlier there than in the script. Clarify please?

It looks simplistic because I hate dealing with System.Windows.Forms. I think placing everything where it is took me longer than writing the whole rest of the script. It needs to use ListBoxes (or derivatives ) to be flexible, everything else can be done I guess.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Police Automaton posted:

@Naky

I'm not sure what you mean by error handling, my script checks for the current version of the Mod manager and New Vegas, every error handling beyond that point (File collisions, low harddrive space, archive corruption etc.) gets handled by the mod manager itself anyways and would be caught earlier there than in the script. Clarify please?

That's pretty much what I meant and it seems you covered it. I'll see if I can't devote some time later to merge our two together and if I need help I'll give a shout. A nice blend between the two would be just what the doctor ordered, I think.

edit: had some more fun porting over a gun from FPSBanana today. It's a top loader like the P90 and animates as it should. It's completely finished and ready for the next update.

Naky fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 3, 2011

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SheepNameKiller posted:

Those mods are currently testing/WIP mods that are incredibly incomplete at the moment. No one has developed a version that won't reset your character's looks and stats, for instance, or dealt with the problem of duplicated perks and certain meshes that are still yellow exclamation points no matter how hard you link to the BSAs (stairs in megaton, for example). I got FO3 working in NV shortly after launch and it's cool if you're down for experimenting but don't expect to play it like a normal game, it's totally unimmersive and kind of fucks up existing characters and requires heavy use of the console.

The DLC for FO3 are *probably* somewhat easier to make compatible on an individual basis but I don't think anyone has tackled it yet, there are a lot of instances where the FO3 DLCs call up on FO3 leveled lists where you'd want to insert the appropriate leveled list from New Vegas, plus remove all references to the FO3 gameworld, and untangling this type of thing takes a pretty hefty time investment.

Alright. Yeah it probably won't be hard to add a NPC who transport you to the DLC or Fallout 3 once it's more stable.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Anyone have any experience with http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40980 Warzones?

I really like shooting dudes. Like, a lot. And a lot of the time, these wastelands are really wastelands and there's nary a dude to be shot so I like mods of this nature.

Unfortunately mods of this nature are usually garbage and break all my poo poo as they try to spawn too many dudes.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Vincent Valentine posted:

Anyone have any experience with http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40980 Warzones?

I really like shooting dudes. Like, a lot. And a lot of the time, these wastelands are really wastelands and there's nary a dude to be shot so I like mods of this nature.

Unfortunately mods of this nature are usually garbage and break all my poo poo as they try to spawn too many dudes.

While I have no personal experience using this mod, I can say that this particular mod is made by the same guy who made Dynavision, Electro-city, Imaginator, and a number of other quality mods. I imagine it's worth a look.

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !
The two New Vegas Bounty mods are easily the best user-made addons I've ever played for this sort of game, going back to Morrowind. The voice-overs are a little patchy for certain characters, but main roles seem to be pretty well voiced, especially in the second one (although I'm not very far ahead).

Aside from extra quests, I've been looking for some extra armour types, but I've been disappointed so far because they all seem to be creepy fetish outfits for the type 3 body, which is strange because there's a whole wealth of gear from Fallout 3 that shouldn't be too hard to transfer over. I especially feel like I need Colonel Autumn's coat so along with an improved That Gun and the bounty mod I can be a gumshoe from the future.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Vincent Valentine posted:

My experience with this mod is running up to a group of legion soldiers caught on a 45 degree slope, emptying most of my guns into their faces and doing 1 bar of damage to one of them. The entire time a million spears and plasma grenades are raining from the heavens to murder me while sounds that played 5 minutes ago struggle to play. After dying my game then crashed while loading my last save.

Maybe you'll have better luck?

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Mods like that are great in theory but I cannot imagine them ever being stable in this engine, I don't care how talented the modder is.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

SheepNameKiller posted:

Mods like that are great in theory but I cannot imagine them ever being stable in this engine, I don't care how talented the modder is.

Yeah it strikes me as something that gamebryo just wouldn't be able to handle. It has a hard enough time with the AI of small groups of enemies. I think the trouble is there's so much processing power devoted to the world itself that it really can't handle more than a dozen or so NPCs in combat at a time.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Boogoose posted:

Aside from extra quests, I've been looking for some extra armour types, but I've been disappointed so far because they all seem to be creepy fetish outfits for the type 3 body, which is strange because there's a whole wealth of gear from Fallout 3 that shouldn't be too hard to transfer over. I especially feel like I need Colonel Autumn's coat so along with an improved That Gun and the bounty mod I can be a gumshoe from the future.

Colonel Autumn's coat is actually in the game data, but you'd need to add it back into the game with GECK if you wanted it (also check out the Mysterious Stranger's trenchcoat, while you're there, since it sounds similar to what you're looking for.)

Failing that, I've successfully ported over a number of FO3 armor mods for personal consumption, but my data folder is such soup sandwich that I doubt I'd be able to share it without a lot of work. It's pretty simple to do, however, and might be worth a look if you feel up to the task.

All you really have to do is download the FO3 mod you want and strip it of its master file (Fallout.esm) with FNVedit. Then you'd be free to open it up with NV's GECK and combine its material into a preexisting mod, or make your own.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 26, 2021

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Colonel Autumn's coat is actually in the game data, but you'd need to add it back into the game with GECK if you wanted it (also check out the Mysterious Stranger's trenchcoat, while you're there, since it sounds similar to what you're looking for.)

Failing that, I've successfully ported over a number of FO3 armor mods for personal consumption, but my data folder is such soup sandwich that I doubt I'd be able to share it without a lot of work. It's pretty simple to do, however, and might be worth a look if you feel up to the task.

All you really have to do is download the FO3 mod you want and strip it of its master file (Fallout.esm) with FNVedit. Then you'd be free to open it up with NV's GECK and combine its material into a preexisting mod, or make your own.

Well that sounds like something I have never tried before, so it might take me a while to figure out because I'm an idiot. Hopefully it'll be a fun and safe learning experience.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Boogoose posted:

Well that sounds like something I have never tried before, so it might take me a while to figure out because I'm an idiot. Hopefully it'll be a fun and safe learning experience.

Failing that, console command player.additem 0006696d 1 should give you the mysterious stranger's trenchcoat.

BrainGlitch
Jan 14, 2007

Good sir, you can't pay me enough to go to France while our countries are at war!

Boogoose posted:

or you could just download this mod!

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37208

also here's my favorite clothing/armor mod (lots of tactical poo poo can be taken out with nifskope): http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35740

also also also get NCR rearmament. It does a complete overhaul of all NCR uniforms/NCR npc's.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40139

Cryptozoology
Jul 12, 2010

BrainGlitch posted:

also also also get NCR rearmament. It does a complete overhaul of all NCR uniforms/NCR npc's.

Does it still gently caress with glove textures? Last time I installed it it messed up the textures on pretty much all of my armors

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

harrygomm posted:

I looked around briefly and wasn't able to find anything. Is there a way to remove this through mods: "Note: in Fallout: New Vegas if you back out after your first hack attempt prior to "locking" computer, you must wait even longer for the initial key in prior to the mini-game" (from the wiki)

I've never even seen that message, and I chicken out of hacking terminals all the time.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Jan posted:

I've never even seen that message, and I chicken out of hacking terminals all the time.

It took me a minute to figure it out, but it's describing the scenario where you log onto a terminal to hack it, give up before failing, and immediately log back in. Unlike the first attempt, however, you can't always jump right back into picking passwords. You have to usually sit through a short period where your character types a bunch of commands on the screen.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40980 WARZONES - Misanthropy Pure
Adds seven offmap arenas!

Adds massive battles in otherwise empty space in the game world! At least the description says so!

Compatible with IWS so you can kill your framerate even worse!

In other news:

A test build of Alternate Ammo System will be packed in with the Armory, if anyone is interested in it.

Changes:
-Now possible to score 0 damage!
-Can now achieve 100% rad/poison resistance
-DR modifiers now add/subtract instead of multiply/divide
-Armor value numbers shifted around to be even closer to the Fallout 1/2 system
-More buggy ammotypes such as shock shells and shredder rounds
-Can now craft bouncy grenades and EMP/plasma missiles

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !

BrainGlitch posted:

or you could just download this mod!

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37208

also here's my favorite clothing/armor mod (lots of tactical poo poo can be taken out with nifskope): http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35740

That first mod basically has everything but the Colonel Autumn coat, sadly. I believe it is one of the few items from Fallout 3 unaccounted for in New Vegas. I'll just have to look harder for a fashionable light armour solution.

I know the whole point of modding is to put stuff in the game that isn't in the game, but a lot of custom armours just don't seem to fit the Fallout alternative timeline Raygun Gothic feel. Having the NCR soldiers look like generic modern soldiers instead of doughboys is a good example. This is my personal opinion on the internet however.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Boogoose posted:

That first mod basically has everything but the Colonel Autumn coat, sadly. I believe it is one of the few items from Fallout 3 unaccounted for in New Vegas. I'll just have to look harder for a fashionable light armour solution.

I know the whole point of modding is to put stuff in the game that isn't in the game, but a lot of custom armours just don't seem to fit the Fallout alternative timeline Raygun Gothic feel. Having the NCR soldiers look like generic modern soldiers instead of doughboys is a good example. This is my personal opinion on the internet however.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41053

Laser Katana!!!11!!11

I fully agree, I wish modders would put their skills to good use like our friend Naky here and wouldn't spend this retarded amount of work into putting retarded anime/fetish crap into the game. (To clarify, at least the new NCR stuff doesn't fall straight into the retarded category) Of course it's up to the modders how they want to spend their time (and workforce) but it's still kinda sad, it's also sad to see how successful this stuff tends to be. Did anyone look into the TESNexus lately? It feels like having walked into an anime. What's wrong with people?

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Apr 4, 2011

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."
Can anyone tell me more about A World of Pain? I'm thinking about getting it, but I'm not sure how I feel about the quests. Also, how hard are the dungeons and the enemies?

Coolio
Nov 5, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Ace Oliveira posted:

Can anyone tell me more about A World of Pain? I'm thinking about getting it, but I'm not sure how I feel about the quests. Also, how hard are the dungeons and the enemies?

Basically there are two types of dungeons

1. Little one off ones, generally attached to existing locations
2. A huge massive sprawling uber dungeon that afaik spans like half the loving map

At first the difficulty mostly comes from fighting when you're poorly equipped eg running into robots before you have weapons that can pierce their armor. Once you beat some early dungeons and get some OP loot then the difficulty comes from bullshit cheese enemies. Stuff like running into multiple areas packed with lake lurks who spam their awful armor ignoring attack at you. Then there are the mod created enemies, generally recolored or enlarged basic enemies that put out a ton of damage and soak bullets like nothing else. I had the equivalent of MK II combat armor at one point and I'd still quail when I ran into these.

The quests are pretty simple. Go here, kill this boss enemy. Go here, get this item, probably kill a boss enemy. There was one quest to ferret out a spy that bugged out for me and gave me the option to turn the spy in in the same conversation I got the quest in in the first place.

I liked it at first cause there was new stuff to do and I already played through vanilla New Vegas like five times but the annoying enemies and endless dungeon eventually got to me. Very ambitious mod but could use refining.

Note: to get a lot of the sweet rear end loot you basically have to pump the poo poo out of lockpicking, you'll run into a lot of the highest level locks very fast.

Coolio fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 4, 2011

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Police Automaton posted:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41053

Laser Katana!!!11!!11

To be fair, this is loving awesome.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Mr. Crow posted:

Seriously that looks pretty well made. I was expecting some awful glow sticks but they look pretty seriously modeled/textured.

Not gonna lie, I'm gonna need lightsaber sounds to use them though.

edit: The armor in those screenshots is pretty sexy too.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
I hate you people :(

(I'm using the chinese stealth suit so I guess I'm not that much better but still, at least a little better :colbert:)

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Mr. Crow posted:

It's true. I just started looking for some swords to import for my Wasteland Samurai playthrough, and these don't look too stupid and fit the concept. Now to see if they're stupidly overpowered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Boogoose posted:

Obviously the first rule is that to each, his own. However, I'm in the same boat as you. A lot of the tactical stuff makes the game drift away from that 1940's-1950's Propaganda Poster charm that Fallout has. Fortunately there are enough mods for both paradigms to be satisfied.