Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Is she verified?!

T-O-P-L-E-S-S. Yeah when she gets verified she'll do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
Several months ago I cancelled Sirius as I was unemployed. They did the usual take this for free bit and I said no, I don't want to pay and I don't want to pay in the future.

Today I was charged $43 by Sirius. I called them to complain, they immediately pushed me to take a free deal and I insisted that they don't and turn it off. 3 hours later I went to my car and the radio is still working.

Wow, that was awful.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

pkd88 posted:

Several months ago I cancelled Sirius as I was unemployed. They did the usual take this for free bit and I said no, I don't want to pay and I don't want to pay in the future.

Today I was charged $43 by Sirius. I called them to complain, they immediately pushed me to take a free deal and I insisted that they don't and turn it off. 3 hours later I went to my car and the radio is still working.

Wow, that was awful.

Mine kept working long after I cancelled. The guy I sold it to said it was still working for him when we talked last.

I've heard rumours that they send a "kill signal" around 7am Eastern but if your radio isn't on, it won't get the signal.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

Bonzo posted:

Mine kept working long after I cancelled. The guy I sold it to said it was still working for him when we talked last.

I've heard rumours that they send a "kill signal" around 7am Eastern but if your radio isn't on, it won't get the signal.

If it doesn't get it, you'll probably be good for like 6 months.

I would guess they probably send out that 'kill signal' for a few days anyway.

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003

im about gettin' drunk

im about having fun

im about having a good time

im about meetin' girls

im about meetin' guys

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Peter North posted:

im about gettin' drunk

im about having fun

im about having a good time

im about meetin' girls

im about meetin' guys

what if somebody doesn't like it, what can they do?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
So it looks like Sirius finally kille off the old radio streamer last night so no more Pocket Tunes.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

I hate that Swinging show, I hate the general smugness of swingers. If you don't want your wife/girlfriend loving other guys you are "insecure".

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Djarum posted:

So it looks like Sirius finally kille off the old radio streamer last night so no more Pocket Tunes.

That sucks. Pocket Tunes was a good backup for when their app wasn't working. I've noticed since the upgrade I get a "your data service has stopped" warning at least once an hour or so. The rest of my iPhone is fine, it's the app.

pkd88 posted:

Wow, that was awful.

I had the same thing happen. I canceled months ago and then randomly a charge for service on a radio that is in the garbage somewhere showed up on my credit card. I called, and they had no record of me calling to cancel it. I tried to get the money back, but they were not having it.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Kelly posted:

That sucks. Pocket Tunes was a good backup for when their app wasn't working. I've noticed since the upgrade I get a "your data service has stopped" warning at least once an hour or so. The rest of my iPhone is fine, it's the app.

Well I have a Lifetime Account so I can't use the official app and I am sure as hell not giving Sirius anymore money. Hopefully they will figure out a way to stream it again soon.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
The new official Sirius.com online player is perhaps the single worst Flash media player I've ever used. No exaggeration.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

I hate that Swinging show, I hate the general smugness of swingers. If you don't want your wife/girlfriend loving other guys you are "insecure".

What the hell are you talking about.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

-Atom- posted:

What the hell are you talking about.

Oh man I cant believe it took this long for this show to come up. I caught a quick commercial for it on H100 one day, and went "nah, that must be a playboy show or something"

Nope, its some great original programming from Tim Sabian. Apparently the only person they could get to do a show for free was a former intern.

"Swinging with Mitch & Jessica"
Mitch Fatel and his fiance Jessica discuss their swinging lifestyle.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Oh man I cant believe it took this long for this show to come up. I caught a quick commercial for it on H100 one day, and went "nah, that must be a playboy show or something"

Nope, its some great original programming from Tim Sabian. Apparently the only person they could get to do a show for free was a former intern.

"Swinging with Mitch & Jessica"
Mitch Fatel and his fiance Jessica discuss their swinging lifestyle.

the gently caress? Is that the asian chick?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

musclecoder posted:

The new official Sirius.com online player is perhaps the single worst Flash media player I've ever used. No exaggeration.

The iPhone app looks sharp, much easier to use. But the online player, great gravy. The entire website looks silly - like one of those placeholder websites.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Found a alternative that works great on the iPhone. Music Dock and it is free.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Any alternates for Android? I still can't get that piece of poo poo to work.

When you hear that swingers show, keep in mind they chose it instead of Black on Black, aka the best 7pm Monday show Howard 100 ever put on. A loving disgrace, Sirius is run by total idiots who luckboxed into Stern saving them from the bankruptcy they should have had years ago

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Djarum posted:

Found a alternative that works great on the iPhone. Music Dock and it is free.

Lags like poo poo for me, ugh. And the official Sirius Canada app doesn't allow multi tasking yet, despite 4.0 being out for almost a year now.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Kelly posted:

The iPhone app looks sharp, much easier to use. But the online player, great gravy. The entire website looks silly - like one of those placeholder websites.

If you're feeling nostalgic, http://www.sirius.ca/en/index.aspx

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
George!!!!

EDIT

Jesus Howard, just because you are a awful, selfish human being who can't be forced to do anything nice for another human being does not mean everyone else is.

I mean even if everyone did get their relationship with George because f the show, he has been a heavy contributor and cast member for the last five years at least. No one can have a personal relationship on their own with the man and feel comfortable enough to ask a personal favor as a friend?

Howard really is a terrible, miserable person.

Djarum fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Apr 4, 2011

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Djarum posted:

George!!!!

EDIT

Jesus Howard, just because you are a awful, selfish human being who can't be forced to do anything nice for another human being does not mean everyone else is.

I mean even if everyone did get their relationship with George because f the show, he has been a heavy contributor and cast member for the last five years at least. No one can have a personal relationship on their own with the man and feel comfortable enough to ask a personal favor as a friend?

Howard really is a terrible, miserable person.

Yeah, I was glad Richard stood up to him. I thought Richard had a good comeback when Howard complained that he wanted George to perform the ceremony because he wanted someone "fun" to wed them. Richard shot back that it was okay when Howard had Kelly Ripa's husband Mark Consuelos perform their ceremony. WTF, Howard.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Listening to Riley Martin last night, I wondered to myself, is this guy just full of poo poo (obvious answer) or is he really schizophrenic? And if he is actually mentally ill, isn't it weird that they give him a show? It's really awful to listen to at this point, too, because he goes over the same 10 or 11 things repeatedly. ("near light speed, then to quark, sub-quark, nuon, tachyon, and then..")

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Chinook posted:

Listening to Riley Martin last night, I wondered to myself, is this guy just full of poo poo (obvious answer) or is he really schizophrenic? And if he is actually mentally ill, isn't it weird that they give him a show? It's really awful to listen to at this point, too, because he goes over the same 10 or 11 things repeatedly. ("near light speed, then to quark, sub-quark, nuon, tachyon, and then..")

If he isn't a little chemically unbalanced, then you have to wonder about his convictions and why they are so strong.

He probably is so, plus the "food poisoning" doesn't help.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

chiz posted:

If he isn't a little chemically unbalanced, then you have to wonder about his convictions and why they are so strong.

He probably is so, plus the "food poisoning" doesn't help.

Listen uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh stop paying me these house friend of the family wages and start paying me something I can live on and feed my people. If I had one one-hundredth of the interest you make on a daily basis maybe I wouldn't be starving, you cheap Jew bastard.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Chinook posted:

You're really shocked that Howard hires damaged people to provide content for him?

I Am a Keg.
Sep 25, 2008

by T. Finn

Chinook posted:

He's an old drunken scam artist. I'm 100% certain that he's aware that he's full of poo poo.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Chinook posted:

Dude is just an old scam artist, he's trying to slap star trek words in there. He keeps saying the same thing because he's too lazy and drunk to look up anything new. You should have heard him on Coast to Coast AM, he finished every sentence with "and things of this nature" because he thought it made him sound smart.

God I love Riley Martin.

daveslash
Jan 8, 2002

enemy light post spotted
Had a surreal show moment this morning when I got in the car. When I had turned off the radio in my house, they had just gone to break a little while before. I got in to a car and there was a tradio prank call so I figured they were just coming back. It was one I hadn't heard before, and as I was listening I was thinking to myself "where's the joke?" I finally realized that I actually was listening to tradio, as on my way home the day before I switched to FM to listen to a baseball game.

True Story.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

I have a Riley Martin symbol, it's awesome.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

daveslash posted:

Had a surreal show moment this morning when I got in the car. When I had turned off the radio in my house, they had just gone to break a little while before. I got in to a car and there was a tradio prank call so I figured they were just coming back. It was one I hadn't heard before, and as I was listening I was thinking to myself "where's the joke?" I finally realized that I actually was listening to tradio, as on my way home the day before I switched to FM to listen to a baseball game.

True Story.

This is the best post in the thread. I love this.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Man the show has been on fire with guests lately. Norm, Howie and Chris were really good.

I'm expecting Jesse Ventura to gently caress it up tomorrow, but then redeem itself when Ellis comes on Wednesday!

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
haha King of all Blacks marriage philosophy is awesome. "I just have to remind her where I come from" hahaha I can't wait for this girl who wants to meet Big Black

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

I have a Riley Martin symbol, it's awesome.

No poo poo?

a) please post a picture of it, please?

b) how much is it, I'd buy one for shits, and to support the old guy

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

-Atom- posted:

Man the show has been on fire with guests lately. Norm, Howie and Chris were really good.

I'm expecting Jesse Ventura to gently caress it up tomorrow, but then redeem itself when Ellis comes on Wednesday!

Jesse interviews are funny because Jesse rants, Robin relates to him and Howard just wants to be "macho" like him. Then he rambles on about government things like how they built a fake WTC and used lights and mirrors to trick people into thinking it blew up.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
The first episode of Black on Black was way better than episode number two, which was still awesome however

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Chuck, what do you do for a living?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

AxeManiac posted:

Jesse interviews are funny because Jesse rants, Robin relates to him and Howard just wants to be "macho" like him. Then he rambles on about government things like how they built a fake WTC and used lights and mirrors to trick people into thinking it blew up.

I look forward to learning much more about HAARP and the Tsunami myself.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
How do you find a real Tradio show? I live in LA so I assume we don't have one.

Should I just scan the airwaves looking for an old man talking about pumping off or birthday wishes from the Stickles family?

Can I find it on one of the iPhone apps?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

pkd88 posted:

How do you find a real Tradio show? I live in LA so I assume we don't have one.

Should I just scan the airwaves looking for an old man talking about pumping off or birthday wishes from the Stickles family?

Can I find it on one of the iPhone apps?

I remember finding one that I think was broadcasting from Northern Kentucky in 2002 or 2003. I could only get it on certain parts of 1-75 and if I had time to kill I would pull over.

It was funny enough without Richard and Sal. Some guy would call in every day saying that he had blue underpinning for sale (look it up if you are not familiar with trailer parks), countless woman selling wedding/brides maid/prom dresses sizes 18-22, and more Praise Jesus and Gold Bless Yous then you could count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ether Frenzy posted:

I look forward to learning much more about HAARP and the Tsunami myself.

I wonder how George might take that if Ventura tries to make this claim tomorrow.