Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

Rirse posted:

Did they make any Overdrawn at the Memory Bank jokes in Casablanca?

It was referenced in the intro skit, but only the one time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Rirse posted:

Did they make any Overdrawn at the Memory Bank jokes in Casablanca?

Just the one, I think. Casablanca being the first in a trilogy including the sequel Play it Again, Sam and, what's considered the apex of the series, Overdrawn at the memory Bank.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

You misspelled Space Mutiny.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

You misspelled Space Mutiny.

The apex of the Casablanca trilogy, not MST3K.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Karate Kid III riff is great and very 80s. Makes me wish they did Rocky IV.

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.
Went on a Rifftrax bender after completely ignoring it up until now. Watched Troll 2, Over the Top, Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny, Jurassic Park, Terminator Salvation, The Room, and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Troll 2 was probably my favorite, but The Room and Willy Wonka were also really good.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I ended up watching the third Twilight movie last night because Netflix was out. That movie suffers the same unwatchability Transformers 2 had. The kind where I hit info on the remote to see how close I was to the end of the movie (it had to be only 10 minutes more of this agony, at this point) only to find you're only barely an hour into the movie. Good Riff, but you start to get fatigued after a bit of that movie. It had a Hitchhiker's Guide reference right away though, so that's a plus.

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone
So whats everyones favorite reoccurring joke? Mine goes back to the MST3K days.

GO PACKERS! WOOOOO!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Old Surly posted:

GO PACKERS! WOOOOO!

The muskie fishermen.

Hilarious, every time.

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes

exp0n fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 1, 2014

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
Cerebro?

Magneto?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Tragedienne posted:

Cerebro?

Magneto?

NOT FOR KEVIN! You weren't there!

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

Old Surly posted:

GO PACKERS! WOOOOO!

It was a fun Superbowl this year, let me tell you. Although probably not if you were around me and were not familiar with MST3K...

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Wisconsin goon here and I keep wanting to show the GO PACKERS WOO to my girlfriend but main movie with that is the one with spiders. Guess who is deathly afraid of spiders? Yeah.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

GreenNight posted:

Wisconsin goon here and I keep wanting to show the GO PACKERS WOO to my girlfriend but main movie with that is the one with spiders. Guess who is deathly afraid of spiders? Yeah.

Do "Quest of the Delta Knights". GO PACKERS shouted as the kid watches his family die.

Good stuff.

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

GreenNight posted:

Sounds like she might not be ready for some football :(

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

exponentory posted:

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLadies :smug:

And the various derivations of that.

- Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrradies from The Matrix Revolutions.
- Lllllllleia from Return of the Jedi
- Guys who look like Lllllllladies from Twilight(?)

debasuuuh
Jun 17, 2005

silly hats only

GreenNight posted:

A quick one completely unrelated to spiders: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jh08D1T-6A&t=5m2s

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bobservo posted:

Karate Kid III riff is great and very 80s. Makes me wish they did Rocky IV.

I just finished watching that and it was great. The craziest thing about it though? Mike was NOT joking when he mentioned that Ralph Macchio was older than the guy playing Terry Silver (the bad guy.)

Best riff has to be when after spending the entire movie making fun of Terry Silver saying something was "Perfect" like once he actually says it again and Mike isn't sure how to react.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

I just finished watching that and it was great. The craziest thing about it though? Mike was NOT joking when he mentioned that Ralph Macchio was older than the guy playing Terry Silver (the bad guy.)

I never knew Macchio was that old--I checked and he's almost 30 in this! His boyishness borders on hormonal disorder.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its crazy, he was on the USA show Psych last year and even though he turns 50 this year he finally looks like he's 30.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Even though it doesn't make it out of its series, "Line?" is my favorite running gag followed closely by hatred for Joe Don Baker.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I still can't believe they tried him as an adult in My Cousin Vinny.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I've noticed a running-gag where Mike, Bill and Kevin clown on the movies Daddy Day Care and the subsequent Daddy Day Camp.

In the Jurassic Park riff (which I watched last weekend and loved) Mike brings up Daddy Day Care when Laura Dern finds the massive steaming pile of Dino Dung. In the newest short "Vision in the Forest" they made a Daddy Day Camp riff. Clearly, the guys were not pleased with the trajectory of Eddie Murphy's career.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

The Piper posted:

In the Jurassic Park riff (which I watched last weekend and loved) Mike brings up Daddy Day Care when Laura Dern finds the massive steaming pile of Dino Dung. In the newest short "Vision in the Forest" they made a Daddy Day Camp riff. Clearly, the guys were not pleased with the trajectory of Eddie Murphy's career.

The sad thing is that in the second movie they replaced Murphy with his non-union direct-to-DVD equivalent: Cuba Gooding Jr. I wonder how the Academy feels about basically giving him an Oscar for that one scene in Jerry McGuire.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

The Piper posted:

...the newest short "Vision in the Forest"

Dear God that short. :gonk:

On a related note, that might be shortest short they've ever done, clocking in at only five-and-a-half minutes. Still worth every penny for the horrible, horrible dreams.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

bobservo posted:

The sad thing is that in the second movie they replaced Murphy with his non-union direct-to-DVD equivalent: Cuba Gooding Jr. I wonder how the Academy feels about basically giving him an Oscar for that one scene in Jerry McGuire.
I always assumed it was a make up Oscar for not giving him the nod when he did Boyz 'N the Hood.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

The Piper posted:

I've noticed a running-gag where Mike, Bill and Kevin clown on the movies Daddy Day Care and the subsequent Daddy Day Camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vbSVXCrGm4

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've watched Twilight Eclipse and The Last Airbender in the past 2 weeks.

I remember hearing "If you thought nothing happened in New Moon, wait until you see Eclipse." I have never seen two loving movies that had less happen. Seriously, what the gently caress happens in these movies? It felt so unbearably loving long too.

Last Airbender was the exact opposite. I've never seen the show, but it was pretty clear that they shoved an entire season into one movie, and my god was it awful.

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Old Surly posted:

GO PACKERS! WOOOOO!

One of my favorites goes back to Eegah: "Watch out for snakes!"

I've seen 3-4 other MST3K films including Colossus and the Headhunters where they repeat it, and I really wouldn't be surprised if it popped back up in RiffTrax. I've only seen Jurassic Park and Battlefield Earth, though. I really need to catch up.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Hell Diver posted:

One of my favorites goes back to Eegah: "Watch out for snakes!"

I've seen 3-4 other MST3K films including Colossus and the Headhunters where they repeat it, and I really wouldn't be surprised if it popped back up in RiffTrax. I've only seen Jurassic Park and Battlefield Earth, though. I really need to catch up.
You gotta check out the riff of Roadhouse. They reference it quite a bit.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Shame the new Rifftrax Player is dvd only, because I own mostly blu-rays of at this point (minus the MST3K episodes).

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
New Riff announced...and holy loving poo poo.:aaaaa:

The phrase "This is going to be epic!" is used a lot around here, but, I really have no other words to describe what we will see on tuesday.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Hell yeah. So LOTR, Star Wars, Potter, Matrix.

What series besides Trek have they not finished yet?

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

Ensign_Ricky posted:

The phrase "This is going to be epic!" is used a lot around here, but, I really have no other words to describe what we will see on tuesday.

:tviv:

I'm all boned up now, because I've always wanted a riff of Wrath of Kahn and it's finally coming.

I can die a happy man now.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Hell yeah. So LOTR, Star Wars, Potter, Matrix.

What series besides Trek have they not finished yet?

They still haven't done X-Men 3 or Wolverine: Origins.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ensign_Ricky posted:

They really need to keep doing this little live action announcement videos. They're funny as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
Also, I seem to remember that when they had the "Ask Michael J Nelson questions" thread in GBS a few months back, I suggested that they riff Star Trek II. Unfortunately, it's archived now and I've been searching for literally minutes trying to find that thread, so I guess I can't prove it. :(

• Locked thread