Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

The Rage posted:

So is there a way to determine what figures are in the S3 and S4 packs? My TRU and Fred Meyer have cases upon cases and no one is buying them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredboehm/5537386155/

That works. There are tiny little bumps at the bottom of the wrapping; they show up as you kind of wave the package through the light. That sounds wierd but you'll see what I mean. I used that cheat sheet on my android to find the people I wanted, and I got everything on the first try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Pagan posted:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredboehm/5537386155/

That works. There are tiny little bumps at the bottom of the wrapping; they show up as you kind of wave the package through the light. That sounds wierd but you'll see what I mean. I used that cheat sheet on my android to find the people I wanted, and I got everything on the first try.

Fantastic, thank you. I'll have to try this out when I'm at the store again, feeling for the Hazmat guy's helmet netted me no luck, so hopefully this works better.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Where is the best place to look for these minifigures? My target never carries them, is TRU my best bet? I really want that hockey player one.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

A Bad Poster posted:

Where is the best place to look for these minifigures? My target never carries them, is TRU my best bet? I really want that hockey player one.

TRU is probably fine. Last I saw, they were still selling them for $3, too. Usually they mark things up right away. I haven't looked in the past week though, so it may have changed.

The hockey player is really cool, btw. His helmet is a new piece and the facegaurd is awesome, too.

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.

The Rage posted:

Fantastic, thank you. I'll have to try this out when I'm at the store again, feeling for the Hazmat guy's helmet netted me no luck, so hopefully this works better.

Just be aware, those dotcodes are bang-on for the 402B1 batch, but at my nearest Walmart they're already putting out a batch that says 502B1 on the bottom, and the codes are totally different. So you'll have to resort to feeling through the bag until someone puts out a reliable cheatsheet for the new batch if that's the case where you are as well.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Moacher posted:

Just be aware, those dotcodes are bang-on for the 402B1 batch, but at my nearest Walmart they're already putting out a batch that says 502B1 on the bottom, and the codes are totally different. So you'll have to resort to feeling through the bag until someone puts out a reliable cheatsheet for the new batch if that's the case where you are as well.

This. People realized a little way through Series 3 that the bumps only worked for specific production batches. The numbers on the bottom tell you which batch you're dealing with.

The Rage posted:

So is there a way to determine what figures are in the S3 and S4 packs? My TRU and Fred Meyer have cases upon cases and no one is buying them.

For finding the hazmat guy; it's really pretty easy. There are two things to feel for on the helmet. I try to first feel the hollow parts where the shoulders would be. Pinch it from both sides to feel those holes. Then, feel the top of the helmet. There's a little headlamp type detail protruding. That overall shape is really different than any of the other figs. It's also one of the only fig parts that's that big, so it should stand out.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Captain Invictus posted:

What Batman set is that? You'd probably be better off just selling it if it's MISB to some insane collector who will pay 300 dollars for it.
7784 UCE. But the carton was opened once...maybe thats the reason it only cost me 75€ ;)

Malmanous
Mar 28, 2008
I took my Dad to Kelly Tarltons Underwater world here in Auckland, and was surprised to see some familiar faces in one of the tanks.

Stevoh
Feb 17, 2011

Malmanous posted:

I took my Dad to Kelly Tarltons Underwater world here in Auckland, and was surprised to see some familiar faces in one of the tanks.

Haha, that is badass.

Anyways, I really hate LDD sometimes. It keeps deleting pieces from my project. I know there is a way to get the list, but don't know how exactly. Anyone know? You can see one of the tiles for the lower jaw is missing.

Also I need to move the pectoral fins a little more sharply upwards but nothing I try to move them works. I have tried removing the actual 45 degree technic pieces and hinging them but now the fins dont want to go back on. I can't work on the bottom without the fins in the correct angle. Is my machine just too weak or is this just something the program does? I'm using an old Dell M1530 laptop. HALP.

InfinEight posted:

Brick Daddy knows how to fill a niche.

(Cthulhu-kun is so cute, uguuu~~)

Perfect wenches for the crew of my Hammerhead.

Stevoh fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Apr 4, 2011

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Got my S4 order from TRU today. In addition to the city traveler, which I got coz I love all the pieces, I got:
1 wolfman
1 sailor
1 hockey player
1 ice skater
1 hazmat guy :woop:

Still hoping to get a musketeer and geisha, would not turn my nose up at a punk rocker or viking.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Stevoh posted:

Haha, that is badass.

Anyways, I really hate LDD sometimes. It keeps deleting pieces from my project. I know there is a way to get the list, but don't know how exactly. Anyone know? You can see one of the tiles for the lower jaw is missing.

Also I need to move the pectoral fins a little more sharply upwards but nothing I try to move them works. I have tried removing the actual 45 degree technic pieces and hinging them but now the fins dont want to go back on. I can't work on the bottom without the fins in the correct angle. Is my machine just too weak or is this just something the program does? I'm using an old Dell M1530 laptop. HALP.

Perfect wenches for the crew of my Hammerhead.

I think LDD has issues displaying pieces with huge projects, and the degree depends on either your RAM or video RAM, I'm not sure which. I'm not familiar enough with the program to offer any useful advice though...

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
LDD's problem is that it's an absolute stickler for "correct" parts placement, and while you can occasionally cheat your way past the program when it comes down to semi- or completely illegal connections, it'll sometimes decide it's had enough of your guff and just flat out remove those pieces the next time you open that project. Problem is, it doesn't tell you what it removed, just how many pieces.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Shuppiluliumas posted:

The hockey player is really cool, btw. His helmet is a new piece and the facegaurd is awesome, too.

Good to know. I was going to take the mask off and replace it with a clear visor, though. He doesn't seem to be injured.

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003

Stevoh posted:

Anyways, I really hate LDD sometimes. It keeps deleting pieces from my project.

Also I need to move stuff

3 posted:

LDD's problem is that it's an absolute stickler for "correct" parts placement, and while you can occasionally cheat your way past the program when it comes down to semi- or completely illegal connections, it'll sometimes decide it's had enough of your guff and just flat out remove those pieces the next time you open that project. Problem is, it doesn't tell you what it removed, just how many pieces.

Another part of the problem is that a lot of pieces are imperfect. In certain combinations, you'll end up with offsets too small to even see, but it'll be enough for the program to bitch. I've often had to just pull apart small sections of mocs and rebuild them piece by piece to eliminate these tiny offsets.

One trick I've found that's made life easier is that LDD cannot attach parts to other parts that are hidden. Try hiding some of the pieces around the connection points the connected selection tool (which will select hidden pieces) to grab the section you want to move. This will limit the number of places LDD has to connect things to, and may make it a lot easier to position things.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I made a roller derby gal for my friends' housewarming party, in her team colours and everything.

And of course I forgot to take a picture of it. :xd:

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
:hist101:
I've decided I will satisfy myself with small cheap sets until I can afford big cool things, and as such I've wound up with 2 series 3 minifigs. I was trying to get a hazmat, but somehow I wound up with a soccer player and a wolfman despite using a cheat sheet. Still not a bad catch.

Also I'm preparing to trick out my cubicle with something built from my current 15 year old collection of parts.

Stevoh
Feb 17, 2011
Thanks for the words guys. I kinda found a redundant way for now to angle them. I just use a new different technic piece and angle it. The fins seem to attach no problem with this method. I have noticed sometimes if you delete the current trouble making piece and get a new piece, sometimes the same piece even, it wil work.

Also new LDD patch, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Is it worth it?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Saint Sputnik posted:

I really hate pop music.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Stevoh posted:

Also new LDD patch, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Is it worth it?

Oh goody, time for the annual LDD parts library shuffle! I can't wait to see the exciting number of ways this breaks my old library of models.

EDIT: here is my opinion on the latest parts library fuckup

quote:

"Everything is bullshit!" Dean Snakehands shouts and smashes the place up really bad on his way out. "The world is so much crap from a huge turd butt."
PROS: a poo poo ton of Hero Factory 2.0 stuff which is admittedly cool as hell
CONS:

3 fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 5, 2011

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003

3 posted:

CONS:

That kinda sucks, but you should be using universe mode, anyway. Seems like they also updated the sharers a bit

Edit: apparently universe mode has been made available across the board and gimped appropriately, so we now have to activate" extended" mode to get all our parts and colors back.

afflictionwisp fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Apr 5, 2011

pad thai hi-five
Aug 11, 2003

Oven Wrangler
OK, did a little bag-feeling, and ended up with this parade:

This is turning into an obsession. Considering I've got all of them at least twice (apart from the Wolfman, will have to try again some time next week), this is also starting to get expensive.

And the last LDD update, which I stupidly installed, seems to have removed tons of interesting bricks, as well as the Creator selection. At least Universe is still there.

Edit: Woohoo, thanks for pointing out that extende mode thing, afflictionwisp!

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!

Kazy posted:

So I need to move and want to get rid of one of my larger sets. I'm trying to sell my Star Destroyer (6211) but the R2D5 minifig is missing. Should I bother buying one to replace it, or should I just knock a bit more than it would cost to replace off the price? I've bought a few sets off of bricklink but I've never sold one before.

How much would you want for it without the minifig? Maybe we can work something out :)

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

CADPAT posted:

How much would you want for it without the minifig? Maybe we can work something out :)

It looks like it's around $180~$200 with all minifigs and box on Bricklink. It looks like shipping will be about $25, so how is $185 shipped? I don't have plat, so email me at so we don't add useless posts to this thread. :v:

As for selling, should I break it down completely or just enough to fit in the box? I've never sold legos before.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

A Bad Poster posted:

Target no longer carries the guys in their seasonal section. Your best bet is a Toys 'R' Us or a Lego Store. The Lego Store is worth the drive, and the ones I've been to, the employees have opened a bunch of packs and set aside a bunch of minifigures for people who want specific ones.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
Sucker for microscale Lego models. Also a sucker for container ships.

by nenn, that Lego space wizard.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!
HeeeLOoooO, fRIEnd...

Stevoh
Feb 17, 2011

afflictionwisp posted:

That kinda sucks, but you should be using universe mode, anyway. Seems like they also updated the sharers a bit

Edit: apparently universe mode has been made available across the board and gimped appropriately, so we now have to activate" extended" mode to get all our parts and colors back.

So then no point in downloading the patch. They didn't actually fix or modify anything. It seems they just moved poo poo around into other "modes".

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Creepy Goat posted:

Sucker for microscale Lego models. Also a sucker for container ships.

by nenn, that Lego space wizard.

This is one of my favorite MOCs ever I think. It just hits every button so well.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Has anyone ever tried making a boxing/wrestling ring?

I'd like to get three ropes in there. I can add lettering to the side of the ring later.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Red posted:

Target no longer carries the guys in their seasonal section. Your best bet is a Toys 'R' Us or a Lego Store. The Lego Store is worth the drive, and the ones I've been to, the employees have opened a bunch of packs and set aside a bunch of minifigures for people who want specific ones.

As much as I would like to, the closest one is 5 hours away :(

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Red posted:

I'd like to get three ropes in there. I can add lettering to the side of the ring later.

I found some inspiration for you

I like the idea of using string with the bottom part of a switchy knob thing to hold it in place.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Saint Sputnik posted:

Well, that's loving awesome. Is there another Lego-created wrestler out there somewhere, or is it just the luchador from minifigures' series 1?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CADPAT posted:

I've decided I will satisfy myself with small cheap sets until I can afford big cool things, and as such I've wound up with 2 series 3 minifigs.

This isn't a bad way to build a collection. My storage tub of Legos is built of little sets I've collected over 20 years. Target and Five Below almost always have little baggy sets for under $4. Add in small box sets (under $10), minifigures, and the Pick-a-Brick section, and you can build up a good collection in no time without ever dropping a lot of money at once. The most I've ever spent on one set is $20, and that was for a big AT-ST from the Star Wars line.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Red posted:

Well, that's loving awesome. Is there another Lego-created wrestler out there somewhere, or is it just the luchador from minifigures' series 1?

I don't think so but you can make a pretty good Liger with the King Kahuka mask, if you're into that stuff.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

The Duck of Death posted:

I don't think so but you can make a pretty good Liger with the King Kahuka mask, if you're into that stuff.

A Jushin Liger Lego would be pretty cool, but I'd probably shoot for Masato Tanaka, Hakushi or TenKoji, myself.

I've always assumed it was a matter of time until WWE and Lego get together, especially with WWE's current PG style.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Red posted:

Is there another Lego-created wrestler out there somewhere, or is it just the luchador from minifigures' series 1?

It would be ridiculously easy to piece together a Ted Dibiase.

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!

Red posted:

the Pick-a-Brick section

The only Lego store in Canada is in stupid Calgary which is 3500kms away. WTF Lego? :(

Although there are some closer ones in the US, but they're still about 900kms away.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

Red posted:

Did this a couple years ago.

Need to try it again now that LDD has a better brick selection, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

My local Walmart finally got the little $4 polybag sets for Easter, so I didn't have to drive half an hour today to get them at the last place I saw them. Got one of each - a cop in a tiny car, a diver with some little thing, and mini TIE Fighter and X-Wing kits. Plus! the diver has a coupon on the back for child admission to Legoland :haw:

e: here, just made minifigs of my girlfriend and me and stuck them on the Sacrificial Sharkcano we made the other night.

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 7, 2011