Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Bonzo posted:

I remember finding one that I think was broadcasting from Northern Kentucky in 2002 or 2003. I could only get it on certain parts of 1-75 and if I had time to kill I would pull over.

It was funny enough without Richard and Sal. Some guy would call in every day saying that he had blue underpinning for sale (look it up if you are not familiar with trailer parks), countless woman selling wedding/brides maid/prom dresses sizes 18-22, and more Praise Jesus and Gold Bless Yous then you could count.

It sounds funny.
Richard and Sal must get it over the internet and make calls from NY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

AxeManiac posted:

Then he rambles on about government things like how they built a fake WTC and used lights and mirrors to trick people into thinking it blew up.

This reminded me of a few weeks or so after 9/11 Howard interviewed Daniel Carver and Timothy McVeigh came up. "He blowed up a building"

Also, speaking of Daniel Carver, Robin, again having to demean herself by moving from her enclosure to sit somewhere else before the Carver roast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoEmO97OhG4

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

scapulataf posted:

Also, speaking of Daniel Carver, Robin, again having to demean herself by moving from her enclosure to sit somewhere else before the Carver roast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoEmO97OhG4

I honestly think that was because she was so fat at the time. I'm pretty sure this was when she was at her heaviest.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Chuck, what do you do for a living?
What is this from?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

chiz posted:

What is this from?

Howard's response to a caller today telling Howard he was putting George on to agree with him.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Howard's response to a caller today telling Howard he was putting George on to agree with him.

Oh

ha, it just creeped me out a little since that's my name.

I was like who is this guy and what is going on here?

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.
Jesse Ventura tomorrow? Sweet. Good thing I'm taking a day off for my daughter's birthday. That fuckin' guy drives me absolutely nuts.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

chiz posted:

Oh

ha, it just creeped me out a little since that's my name.

I was like who is this guy and what is going on here?
A couple years back I got a call on my cell phone from some guy who asked for my (semi-unusual enough that I don't personally know anyone else who shares it but not bizarre) first name, I said "Yeah,"

he then launches into this story about financing a car and the details and how they're not going to offer the loan and etc. and I'm thinking "Oh great, some sort of loving identity theft nonsense..." and at the very least some sort of phishing attempt - but it kind of puzzled me because I'm pretty sure I can get a car financed, so I said wait, What the hell is this about and who are you trying to call? He says the full name and the number which is 1 digit off from mine, and then starts rattling off someone else's financial and address details, I'm like "That's not me" and he was as genuinely baffled as I was at the unlikeliness of him calling a random wrong number with the same first name.

It was pretty loving weird though.

What's this Fred? IDENTITY GUARD!!!!

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

chiz posted:

No poo poo?

a) please post a picture of it, please?

b) how much is it, I'd buy one for shits, and to support the old guy

$38

http://www.rileymartin.tv/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=symbl&Category_Code=

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Bonzo posted:

I remember finding one that I think was broadcasting from Northern Kentucky in 2002 or 2003. I could only get it on certain parts of 1-75 and if I had time to kill I would pull over.

It was funny enough without Richard and Sal. Some guy would call in every day saying that he had blue underpinning for sale (look it up if you are not familiar with trailer parks), countless woman selling wedding/brides maid/prom dresses sizes 18-22, and more Praise Jesus and Gold Bless Yous then you could count.

Our only local radio station has a morning Trading Post show. I need to get a few Google Voice numbers and prank them. I don't know if I can do it without laughing.

bulbous nub
Jul 29, 2007

It's ok; I'm taking it back.
Lipstick Apathy
Oh my god you can buy a personal phone call from Riley http://www.rileymartin.tv/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=phonecall&Category_Code=

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

bulbous nub posted:

Oh my god you can buy a personal phone call from Riley http://www.rileymartin.tv/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=phonecall&Category_Code=

We need to split the $50 and get a conference call going with him.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

bulbous nub posted:

If you buy a symbol from him, he calls you anyway.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I wish the talking bobbleheads weren't so expensive or I totally would have bought one.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Joe Don Baker posted:

We need to split the $50 and get a conference call going with him.

Only if we can answer, "uuuuuuuuuhhhhh......huh?" to everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-fj5bB-low

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Only if we can answer, "uuuuuuuuuhhhhh......huh?" to everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-fj5bB-low

Would there be any other reason to call him? Seriously, we need to do this.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Hey th That's pretty cool, might have to snag one

See you on the mothership!

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
You blocked out your name, will the aliens still accept you or are you doing it so we can photoshop our names in and all meet on the ship?

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Oh god, he actually has a book. Has anyone read it? Does it tell you the secret of making your own piss jug?

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

pkd88 posted:

You blocked out your name, will the aliens still accept you or are you doing it so we can photoshop our names in and all meet on the ship?

My symbol is unique to me, you will have to order your own if you want to meet me on the mothership with Riley, Ergon, and Tan.

Its a pretty cool thing to have, everyone asks what it is and I say its my boarding pass to the mothership... which always leads to interesting conversations.

quote:

Oh god, he actually has a book. Has anyone read it? Does it tell you the secret of making your own piss jug?

It's pretty crazy, I recommend it if you want to read something thats really out there.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I might order one of those symbols, they look cool. Are they hand drawn or did he print a bunch of just write a note?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Pretty sure he claims each is unique. From seeing a few all he does is take a set of symbols(stars, ankhs, all-seeing eyes, etc) and then just rearrange them in a somewhat random pattern inside the circle. I feel confident most if not all of the symbols contain roughly the same things but outside of that I do think he draws them all and isn't just printing off a bunch down at Kinko's.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Anyone ever buy Sour Shoe's coloring book?

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!
Jesse Ventura was a governor in the United States. Now he says we control the weather from a station in Alaska and we put fluoride in our tap water because it is the main ingredient of Prozac and the Nazis did it.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Has it ever been brought up on the show on why they don't just start re-broadcasting the old complete Sirius shows in order on 101?

I mean there's five years worth of content that people actually would want to listen to with the minimal amount of work required.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

SpeedyCow posted:

Jesse Ventura was a governor in the United States. Now he says we control the weather from a station in Alaska and we put fluoride in our tap water because it is the main ingredient of Prozac and the Nazis did it.

It sucks that Jim Norton is the only with enough balls to question the poo poo coming out of his mouth.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Vakal posted:

Has it ever been brought up on the show on why they don't just start re-broadcasting the old complete Sirius shows in order on 101?

I mean there's five years worth of content that people actually would want to listen to with the minimal amount of work required.

Censorship, quality and value. Reairing old shows requires a lot of work censoring out references to old advertisers, things Howard said that would embarrass him now, things that would set off Artie, etc. Is all that work worth it if the shows aren't very good? Let's face it, for every great bit the show does, there are at least five that fall flat. The good ones, meanwhile, are repeated ad nauseum over the next few weeks of shows. With the show's good bits being run into the ground on replay, it cheapens the value of the old shows. You can't air "Best Ofs" or History of Howards because all the best bits have been airing nonstop on 101.

That, or Howard just doesn't care about the listeners. The tapes thing is a huge pissing match between Howard and Sirius and Sirius isn't getting them for free.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

SpeedyCow posted:

Source: http://www.preferrednetwork.com/FLUORIDE_STUPIDITY.htm :tinfoil:

Whether or not you believe in Nazi Government Mind Control is one thing, but there are numerous studies showing that flourination of drinking water is ineffective at preventing tooth decay.

I really don't care if Ventura is crazy. He's entertaining speaks with conviction.

Do you know who else spoke with conviction?

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 5, 2011

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

FogHelmut posted:

Whether or not you believe in Nazi Government Mind Control is one thing, but there are numerous studies showing that flourination of drinking water is ineffective at preventing tooth decay.

That is wrong and fluoridation is considered by the CDC to be one of the greatest public health achievements of the 20th century. Tooth decay rates have dropped at an absolutely astonishing rate(anywhere from 50-80% depending on the nation) in the last 40ish years because of fluoridation.

Not the time and place for such an argument but know that the anti-fluoridation arguers are hilariously off-base in basically anything they speak of on the subject. They aren't on the same level of, say, Truthers or moon landing hoax believers but much like those people they have practically no scientific legs to stand on in any debate.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Apr 5, 2011

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

Censorship, quality and value. Reairing old shows requires a lot of work censoring out references to old advertisers, things Howard said that would embarrass him now, things that would set off Artie, etc.

I forgot about all the live reads. I guess there's no way in hell they would give those out for free.

I don't really care too much though, since there were (are?) websites that had all the Sirius shows archived by month and I was able to snag pretty much everything from 2006 to 2008. The only problem is that the lovely audio quality.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Possession of this ancient royal mystic symbol, grants you wayfarer status of the highest order. May peace be with you.

drat I want one of those.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Duuude.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
How come Howard can use his mind to fix his back pain (thanks to DOCTOR JOHN SARNO) but he can't use his mind to fix his imaginary angst?

Three days of therapy a week. I loved how George was like "I don't understand. Why?"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Three days of therapy a week. I loved how George was like "I don't understand. Why?"

1. Howard believes anything doctors will tell him.

2. Doctors know Howard has a near limitless source of money.

3. See #1

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

FogHelmut posted:

I really don't care if Ventura is crazy. He's entertaining speaks with conviction.

Do you know who else spoke with conviction?

Looks like the boy from Brazil is trying to convince us this is okay (your avatar)

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Bonzo posted:

1. Howard believes anything doctors will tell him.

Except when it comes to back pain. There's no such thing as back pain.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

How come Howard can use his mind to fix his back pain (thanks to DOCTOR JOHN SARNO) but he can't use his mind to fix his imaginary angst?

Disclaimer: I know money doesnt buy happiness, and all the other trite crap that can be used to explain away my question

What the hell is the skeleton in the closet that makes a (near)billionaire, married to a supermodel, who works 4 days a week so unhappy/angsty/neurotic?

I know he was bullied for his race/religion, told he was worthless by his parents, busted his rear end for every rung in the career ladder he's climbed, and had his rear end checked with a flashlight for pinworms.

People have put up with way worse, and topped out with an average looking wife and a 60ka year job. Look to any middle/high school thread in GBS or PYF for some examples.

Hearing him berate the wannabe musician that called in this morning turned my stomach. He's at the top of the game, and somehow seems far angrier than any of the Jake LaMotta type DJ's who never had a shot outside a local Top-40 market. Theres got to be an issue that drives 3 visits to therapy a week, but I dont think its anything thats been revealed on air so far.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Alkaphanel posted:

Disclaimer: I know money doesnt buy happiness, and all the other trite crap that can be used to explain away my question

What the hell is the skeleton in the closet that makes a (near)billionaire, married to a supermodel, who works 4 days a week so unhappy/angsty/neurotic?

I know he was bullied for his race/religion, told he was worthless by his parents, busted his rear end for every rung in the career ladder he's climbed, and had his rear end checked with a flashlight for pinworms.

People have put up with way worse, and topped out with an average looking wife and a 60ka year job. Look to any middle/high school thread in GBS or PYF for some examples.

Hearing him berate the wannabe musician that called in this morning turned my stomach. He's at the top of the game, and somehow seems far angrier than any of the Jake LaMotta type DJ's who never had a shot outside a local Top-40 market. Theres got to be an issue that drives 3 visits to therapy a week, but I dont think its anything thats been revealed on air so far.
The issue is that theres not an issue.

Plus his mother did a huge number on him, huuuuuuuuuge.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Alkaphanel posted:

I think you'll find that mom is the reason behind a lot of mentally unstable individuals in this world. Howard is no exception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Alkaphanel posted:

Theres got to be an issue that drives 3 visits to therapy a week