Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

place
Jun 19, 2008

place fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Don't rely on anything oral. Especially don't rely on anything oral that relies on the term "common sense." If they don't want to change the contract, ask for something in writing specifically excluding your game notwithstanding the language of the contract.

Also, build a treehouse and dare them to try to evict you from the treehouse.

place
Jun 19, 2008

place fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 10, 2017

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
E-mail and oral agreements mean jack and poo poo. If you just want to make some iPhone game, I doubt they will care, but if you want to turn your side project into a serious business down the road, this will bite you in the rear end. Even if the agreement is legally unenforceable, when they take notice of it you may be fighting it in court for months if not years, and you won't be able to do anything during that time. At that point, the people you are dealing with are the legal department and their outside counsel, not your management. Even if they want to negotiate something at that time, it could take a few weeks to months and your fledgling small business will be shut down in the meantime. You could also get in major trouble by contracting with other parties, since they assume you own whatever product you're making and you don't.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I'm surprised there's no 'disclose what you are currently doing or did on your own time and they are excluded from this agreement' section.

place
Jun 19, 2008

place fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 10, 2017

entris
Oct 22, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
First, create an incredibly offensive video game - think Postal meets Grand Theft Auto - and hold that in reserve.

Then, create the game you want. If they claim ownership over the second game, force them to back off by threatening to release the first game under their name as well.

place
Jun 19, 2008

place
Jun 19, 2008

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

My wedding videographer wont give us the dvds we paid for and its been 5 months since we OKed the sample, I've never done anything legal related so where do I start? I have a contract which he hasnt delivered on and he's been BSing me for 3 months saying he's just had a baby and been too busy and "it will be next week"

EDIT: I'm in the UK and know nothing about solicitors and such

Manwithastick fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 6, 2011

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

wacky posted:

Okay so its a no go. I either sign it or don't.

I have an offer from another company. I don't know what the details are but they are smaller and they wanted to hire me even after I withdrew my application. They told me to stay in touch. What is the least crass way of finding out what they can pay me without having made a decision? I need to know if I can survive on their salary. Looking for new york apartments and I need a concrete salary/offer the way this works.

"I have another offer for $x, will you match it?" where $x is no less than, and ideally a bit above, what the company with the contract was offering.

bellybutton
Feb 5, 2005
Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.
This is Massachusetts.

3 years ago, a roommate threw a huge party and the police came. The police requested the IDs of everyone who lived there, and I gave them mine. I never heard anything else about it.

Fast forward to now. I went to renew my driver's license, and I discover that it's been revoked for over 2 years now because there's a warrant out for my arrest (!!!!!). Apparently, the police decided to issue citations or summons or something like that for disturbing the peace for this party, and there was a court date, and I never went to it. I was unaware because I moved out of this house very soon after the incident we are discussing. It seems that the warrant is for failure to appear.

I spoke to an attorney when I found this out because I, obviously, really don't want to be arrested and go to jail. The attorney said that all it would entail is meeting him at the courthouse, paying him $2000, and clearing it up in an hour.

This seems... well. We're expecting our first baby and paying an attorney $2000 for what he has stated won't be more than a morning is out of the question. That said, I fear I may not have a choice, because I'm not too keen on the idea of just showing up at a police station, saying "Oh hey, I have a warrant out for my arrest! Take me!" by myself.

I guess my question is what should I expect to happen here? I definitely want to clear this up. I'm a pretty upstanding gal and haven't been in any trouble, aside from a traffic ticket 14 years ago, when I was 16. :( I'm old.

entris
Oct 22, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

bellybutton posted:

This is Massachusetts.

3 years ago, a roommate threw a huge party and the police came. The police requested the IDs of everyone who lived there, and I gave them mine. I never heard anything else about it.

Fast forward to now. I went to renew my driver's license, and I discover that it's been revoked for over 2 years now because there's a warrant out for my arrest (!!!!!). Apparently, the police decided to issue citations or summons or something like that for disturbing the peace for this party, and there was a court date, and I never went to it. I was unaware because I moved out of this house very soon after the incident we are discussing. It seems that the warrant is for failure to appear.

I spoke to an attorney when I found this out because I, obviously, really don't want to be arrested and go to jail. The attorney said that all it would entail is meeting him at the courthouse, paying him $2000, and clearing it up in an hour.

This seems... well. We're expecting our first baby and paying an attorney $2000 for what he has stated won't be more than a morning is out of the question. That said, I fear I may not have a choice, because I'm not too keen on the idea of just showing up at a police station, saying "Oh hey, I have a warrant out for my arrest! Take me!" by myself.

I guess my question is what should I expect to happen here? I definitely want to clear this up. I'm a pretty upstanding gal and haven't been in any trouble, aside from a traffic ticket 14 years ago, when I was 16. :( I'm old.

You need to take care of this. Call around and talk to other defense attorneys to find a better price - you don't have to accept the first attorney you speak to. There are probably a bunch of attorneys starving for work who will do this for less than $2000. Although this is a low-level thing, you do need to pay an attorney to get it taken care of. A bit of money now is worth WAY more than a lot of headaches in the future if you ignore this.

For example, if you get pulled over for speeding, or for having a tail-light out, or for any other minor traffic violation, you will get arrested and hauled in. If you try to switch jobs and your new employer runs a background check, this will pop up.

You need to deal with this.

bellybutton
Feb 5, 2005
Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

entris posted:

You need to take care of this. Call around and talk to other defense attorneys to find a better price - you don't have to accept the first attorney you speak to. There are probably a bunch of attorneys starving for work who will do this for less than $2000. Although this is a low-level thing, you do need to pay an attorney to get it taken care of. A bit of money now is worth WAY more than a lot of headaches in the future if you ignore this.

For example, if you get pulled over for speeding, or for having a tail-light out, or for any other minor traffic violation, you will get arrested and hauled in. If you try to switch jobs and your new employer runs a background check, this will pop up.

You need to deal with this.

This is part of the reason I am so eager to get the situation taken care of. I haven't driven in about 5 years, since moving to the city, but with a baby on the way, we're planning to buy a car.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

bellybutton posted:

This is Massachusetts.

You should get an attorney, but you might be able to do better.
You should ask attorneys if MA has the equivalent of a Serna Motion (as an MA lawyer won't know WTF that is, it is a motion to dismiss a case because it had been in warrant status for a year. Basically, if a warrant hasn't been served in a year, the court assumes the cops are lazy fuckers and that the defendant has been prejudiced. It only works if it is pretty clear you haven't been hiding -- for example, if you've updated you address with DMV, gotten traffic tickets and cleared them up, gotten government checks at your current address, etc)

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I'm looking for some advice on landlord/tenant law in Virginia.

I'm a reservist leaving for a 4 month TDY at Ft. Leonard Wood for training at the end of June, so I'll need to break my lease per the Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act. The issue I'm running into, however, is concerning a rent "credit" that my landlord has given me. Essentially, for signing a one year lease they gave us a "credit" equal to 105 dollars per month off of our base rent contingent upon our occupying the apartment for the full 12 months. Because I'll be terminating it early, they want to back-charge me for the 5 months of the lease and charge me an early termination fee equal to two months' rent. Per the VRLTA §55-248.21:1, the landlord may not "charge any liquidates damages" against a client who is breaking the lease due to a military obligation. Should I consider taking them to small claims court to fight the rent credit and the termination fee, or is the leaglese confusing me?

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

psydude posted:

I'm looking for some advice on landlord/tenant law in Virginia.

I'm a reservist leaving for a 4 month TDY at Ft. Leonard Wood for training at the end of June, so I'll need to break my lease per the Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act. The issue I'm running into, however, is concerning a rent "credit" that my landlord has given me. Essentially, for signing a one year lease they gave us a "credit" equal to 105 dollars per month off of our base rent contingent upon our occupying the apartment for the full 12 months. Because I'll be terminating it early, they want to back-charge me for the 5 months of the lease and charge me an early termination fee equal to two months' rent. Per the VRLTA §55-248.21:1, the landlord may not "charge any liquidates damages" against a client who is breaking the lease due to a military obligation. Should I consider taking them to small claims court to fight the rent credit and the termination fee, or is the leaglese confusing me?
Early termination fee = liquidated damages.

But, the way I read, they are authorized to charge liquidated damages (of one month or one half month rent) if you have lived there for less than a year.

What does your lease specifically say about the "credit"?

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

quote:

If the person was imprisoned, he or she may apply to have the conviction set aside when five years have passed since being released from the term of imprisonment for that conviction.
I'm looking into having a felony conviction expunged in Michigan. The above excerpt is from http://courts.michigan.gov/scao/selfhelp/intro/criminal/setaside_help.htm but i'm curious what the above means in Michigan legalize speak; does 'released from the term of imprisonment' refer to actual incarceration, or probation also?

Winszton
Oct 22, 2008
I'll likely be in a typical high school "fight" soon. I found out a friend of mine had been making out with my then-girlfriend, so I texted him (obviously pretty pissed) that he should man up and either fight me or just let me have a few punches. I told him we'd be square after that and that my intent was not to beat him to pulp or anything ridiculous.. he said he would try to sue me.

I asked a few mutual friends what they thought I should do and they agreed I should kick his rear end. Given that Ive already said I am, I can't (and don't really want to) avoid it.

However he thinks we're cool and that I've gotten over it. How should I best go about this so that a judge would throw out his case? I don't think he still has my "lets fight" texts on his phone as it was a few months ago. What evidence he might have is that: his mom read my texts, and a number of people around town know that Ive expressed a desire to beat his rear end. I think it unlikely that he could convince anyone to testify, unless the court required it. Except for his mom.

Should there be witnesses present? I'm guessing there will have to be because it'd be creepy as hell to stalk him or some poo poo.. most likely he'll be with some of our mutual friends, and then I'll come by and tell him to come outside because we're gonna duke it out weather he likes it or not. I doubt it will be a very vicious or anything.. like I said just your typical squabble between two skinny 17 year olds.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Feces Starship
Nov 11, 2008

in the great green room
goodnight moon

kinkster posted:

I'll likely be in a typical high school "fight" soon. I found out a friend of mine had been making out with my then-girlfriend, so I texted him (obviously pretty pissed) that he should man up and either fight me or just let me have a few punches. I told him we'd be square after that and that my intent was not to beat him to pulp or anything ridiculous.. he said he would try to sue me.

I asked a few mutual friends what they thought I should do and they agreed I should kick his rear end. Given that Ive already said I am, I can't (and don't really want to) avoid it.

However he thinks we're cool and that I've gotten over it. How should I best go about this so that a judge would throw out his case? I don't think he still has my "lets fight" texts on his phone as it was a few months ago. What evidence he might have is that: his mom read my texts, and a number of people around town know that Ive expressed a desire to beat his rear end. I think it unlikely that he could convince anyone to testify, unless the court required it. Except for his mom.

Should there be witnesses present? I'm guessing there will have to be because it'd be creepy as hell to stalk him or some poo poo.. most likely he'll be with some of our mutual friends, and then I'll come by and tell him to come outside because we're gonna duke it out weather he likes it or not. I doubt it will be a very vicious or anything.. like I said just your typical squabble between two skinny 17 year olds.

wtf is this poo poo

grow up

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

kinkster posted:

How should I best go about this so that a judge would throw out his case?

The best way to get the case thrown out is don't loving fight him.

Why do you feel that violence is the appropriate response here? You're asking this question because you seem to already know it is illegal, so I wonder why you feel this is the best course of action. What wrong have you suffered that calls for this? What is your ethical justification? Why is the law incorrect in not respecting that ethical justification.

Second, you're asking a bunch of lawyers and law students how to go about violating a law when your conduct has a reasonable chance of inflicting serious bodily harm on a third party. We are ethically obligated against helping you.

place
Jun 19, 2008

place fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 10, 2017

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I think you'll find that Dueling was made illegal several hundred years ago.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

kinkster posted:

I'll likely be in a typical high school "fight" soon... he said he would try to sue me.

You should be more worried about criminal charges than your "friend" suing you. The court can and will require witnesses to testify. And in some states, seventeen year-olds are considered adults and not juveniles for purposes of criminal law. Good luck with your premeditated assault and battery!

Winszton
Oct 22, 2008
Haha, I'm in highschool. Kicking a guy's rear end because he messed with your girl is a perfectly normal reaction, I'm not yet an adult and I'm not going to pretend that I am one.

I don't think I've ever met someone who wouldn't beat me up for making out with their girlfriend. You don't just pussy out and say "ah well the law states that he has no legal obligation to keep his lips away from ________, too bad."

I'll admit asking a bunch of Goons sitting at their computers answering stranger's questions was not a great way to get advice, but I figured one of you might have had enough experience in the real world to give a reasonable response.

I'm not pissed at the guy I'll probably shake his hand afterward, I'm just doing whats reasonable to get square. Of and I have nothing against the legal system and how it's set up, but a lawyer talking to me about "ethical obligations"?

Get your head's out of your asses, goddamn.

(oh and this is all hypothetical obviously)

place
Jun 19, 2008

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

You do know that a lot of the people in this thread are real people right? Not fat goons sitting at computers?

There are a several practicing attorneys, law graduates and law students. These are real people with varying degrees of real knowledge and experience (and everyone's usually good enough to give advice up to the level of their competency).

Also asking people for advice and then insulting their ethical conduct without knowing any of them is a kind of lovely thing to do.

wait no, I know the right answer:

Feces Starship posted:

wtf is this poo poo

grow up

Winszton
Oct 22, 2008

Talibananas posted:

You should be more worried about criminal charges than your "friend" suing you. The court can and will require witnesses to testify. And in some states, seventeen year-olds are considered adults and not juveniles for purposes of criminal law. Good luck with your premeditated assault and battery!

Thank you for your advice. I'm sure a kid with no visible signs of harm would be able to squeeze the already overfilled court system with a retarded case about another kid who beat him up over a trivial girl problem. Unless the judge thinks it would somehow make his life more interesting, I doubt he'd give it a second thought.

It's not uncommon around here for high school kids to settle something with a fist fight. I don't know if you all had your noses buried too deep in law books at that age, but it's pretty much unheard of for it to result in legal charges.

I was asking specifically about the possibility of having to deal with being sued (not that it wouldn't fizz out on it's own, but might as well make it simpler) for a reason. Thinking that the cops/officials would do anything but have a laugh over a kid trying to suck away tax money for this is hilarious.
Thanks for the laugh, if I ever have any questions pertaining to the technicalities of the law, I'll know where to come.

entris
Oct 22, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

kinkster posted:

Haha, I'm in highschool. Kicking a guy's rear end because he messed with your girl is a perfectly normal reaction, I'm not yet an adult and I'm not going to pretend that I am one.

I don't think I've ever met someone who wouldn't beat me up for making out with their girlfriend. You don't just pussy out and say "ah well the law states that he has no legal obligation to keep his lips away from ________, too bad."

I'll admit asking a bunch of Goons sitting at their computers answering stranger's questions was not a great way to get advice, but I figured one of you might have had enough experience in the real world to give a reasonable response.

I'm not pissed at the guy I'll probably shake his hand afterward, I'm just doing whats reasonable to get square. Of and I have nothing against the legal system and how it's set up, but a lawyer talking to me about "ethical obligations"?

Enjoy your felony conviction for assault when your "friend" reports you to the police. You're a minor, presumably, so maybe you can figure out how to salvage the rest of your life anyway, but they will probably try you as an adult.

Also enjoy paying civil tort damages when your "friend" sues you.

This is a great path for you to take, especially because you're going to care about this particular girl for the rest of your life. It's not like you're going to have other girlfriends or anything.

It's one thing to come across your friend boinking your girl, and to get carried away in the heat of the moment. It's quite another to go after your friend several months later - you will find that the criminal justice system takes a very dim view of your proposed course of action.

kinkster posted:

Goddamn, indeed.

place
Jun 19, 2008

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

kinkster posted:

Sounds like you guys really need to work this out in the locker room. Make sure to wrap it up. (PS: Enjoy your whore gf mouth-loving everything in sight while you are too pussy to actually fight this guy!)

Winszton
Oct 22, 2008
It was quite a while ago and I broke up with her already. The main reason I'm doing this is so that me and the other dude don't have to avoid each other. We have allot of mutual friends and as you could imagine it gets pretty annoying. This is a small southern town setting, not a big city.

And why are all of you ignoring the part where I said I would tell him beforehand what should happen? Over text he was flustered etc, but I doubt in front of his friends he'll pussy out. If he does then obviously I'm not going to start whacking away at him while he's just chilling watching TV or whatever.. this was clearly stated originally. If that were my plan why would I wait months to do it when I'm not even hateful towards him.
The question was asked in the event that despite going along with it he decided to ask daddy to get him some revenge in the court system.

That's why I said it would be creepy to do it without witnesses. No one to say "look it was just a fist fight between buddies so they could be square". If there was no one there, then yeah, he could claim that he was completely against it.

I imagine this thread gets pretty dry, but seriously, calm the gently caress down. Even if this weren't hypothetical, no one would get convicted of any felonies.

Yes the girl chose to cheat on me. My buddy knew we were dating and decided to get with her anyways, so we'll get even with a fight.

I should have posted more circumstantial details but honestly you guys could have figured out that this wasn't a huge deal from the beginning.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

kinkster posted:

You're a clever one.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

All we need now is for Pookie to give his two cents.

hypocrite lecteur
Aug 21, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Consent's a defense to assault in Canada provided you don't cause bodily harm. If you're a Canuck and both of you want to have a go, go hog wild

(don't actually do this you're retarded)

kinkster posted:

It was quite a while ago and I broke up with her already. The main reason I'm doing this is so that me and the other dude don't have to avoid each other. We have allot of mutual friends and as you could imagine it gets pretty annoying. This is a small southern town setting, not a big city.

And why are all of you ignoring the part where I said I would tell him beforehand what should happen? Over text he was flustered etc, but I doubt in front of his friends he'll pussy out. If he does then obviously I'm not going to start whacking away at him while he's just chilling watching TV or whatever.. this was clearly stated originally. If that were my plan why would I wait months to do it when I'm not even hateful towards him.
The question was asked in the event that despite going along with it he decided to ask daddy to get him some revenge in the court system.

That's why I said it would be creepy to do it without witnesses. No one to say "look it was just a fist fight between buddies so they could be square". If there was no one there, then yeah, he could claim that he was completely against it.

I imagine this thread gets pretty dry, but seriously, calm the gently caress down. Even if this weren't hypothetical, no one would get convicted of any felonies.

Yes the girl chose to cheat on me. My buddy knew we were dating and decided to get with her anyways, so we'll get even with a fight.

I should have posted more circumstantial details but honestly you guys could have figured out that this wasn't a huge deal from the beginning.

uh yeah you will almost definitely get convicted of a felony and evidence should be pretty easy at your trial seeing as how you've posted about your intent to fight him and are also bringing along witnesses. how do you turn on a computer and type on your own when you're this loving dense

hypocrite lecteur fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 9, 2011

entris
Oct 22, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

kinkster posted:

The main reason I'm doing this is so that me and the other dude don't have to avoid each other.

This is how adults do things too - they engage in a little fisticuffs because it's too hard to just tell someone off or otherwise ignore them. I'm glad you have a mature handle on how to resolve this issue.

quote:

why would I wait months to do it when I'm not even hateful towards him.

Good question! Why would you do any of this if you're "not even hateful towards him"?

quote:

we'll get even with a fight.

Yes, that's how the world works. Exactly.

quote:

this wasn't a huge deal from the beginning.

If it's not a big deal, why are you bothering to fight this guy?

kinkster posted:

Most useful thing that's been said yet.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

kinkster posted:

[Y]ou guys could have figured out that this wasn't a huge deal from the beginning.

The point is that this is a huge deal, legally and morally.

Legally you are in the wrong. You can be held criminally and civilly liable for what you want to do. You claim that the courts aren't really going to care. I don't know how busy your local prosecutor's office is, but do you want to take that risk? For that matter, even if they drop the case, do you want the charges hanging over your head for the rest of your life? I don't know your district so I can't really predict how likely this is. However, he threatened to sue and you said his dad might try to sue you. This suggests he might press charges, and a prosecutor is more likely to do something if the victim actually pushes for prosecution. As for the civil suit, a judge just isn't going to dismiss it as boys will be boys. At a minimum you'd be looking at lots of money in court costs, and possible a civil conviction and judgment against you. While not a criminal record, it will still cost you or your family far more money than a childhood squabble is worth.

As for our profession, we are ethically obligated not to help you break the law. I don't really know why that surprises you. I also mentioned that because it has legal consequences. First, none of us are your lawyer; you should not rely on this as legal advice. This means that none of us have a duty of confidentiality regarding what you have said. Any of us are free to try to internet detective you and use the information you posted as they see fit. Might be worth keeping that in mind.

Ethically, you are even further in the wrong. Your replies show a very low level of moral development. You're in high school so that is to be expected. You're calling your friend a pussy because he might not fight you, which indicates that fighting is the masculine behavior here. No it isn't. If you can't talk to your friend, the manly thing to do is to loving talk to him. You're acting like a little boy and taking the easy way out. This is not a matter of pretending to be a grownup, but a matter of whether you want to grow up. You don't just magically wake up one day as an adult, you become a man because you don't cop out by saying you're "only" seventeen when confronted with a real choice. If you're old enough to drive a car, you are old enough to try to use words, even if it's hard.

Your other arguments about why this is acceptable also betray childish morality. It is not OK just because you will not be punished. Likewise, everyone acts this way is not any sort of justification. The point is that this is wrong, regardless of how anyone else acts.

How will fighting your friend make it easier to talk to him afterward? I get it, he stole your girlfriend and you want him to pay. All of us have been there before (despite the neckbeards. My first girlfriend used to braid mine, until she started cybering in WoW with some pansy elflord. That whore.). Anyway, part of growing up is learning how to accept it and move on. It's hard. We know. You want him to admit he's wrong. You want to punish him for taking your property Getting into a fistfight isn't the answer. His behavior might not be that of a good friend. That's something to talk about, and if necessary stop treating him as a friend. As for your girlfriend, she's not your property. You don't just get to claim no trespassers. That might not make what she did right, but fighting your friend doesn't address whatever issues led to this situation in the first place.

There are thousands of ways for you to ignore our advice. We don't understand because we're lawyers, or nerds, or from the city, or adults, or left handed, or whatever the gently caress. Or you can recognize that everyone here, from all sorts of different backgrounds recognizes what you're doing as wrong and juvenile. You can claim it's OK to be juvenile because of your age, but that's a cop out and we both know that. It's easy to change the past if you start in time. If you ever want to grow into a man, you need to start acting like the man you want to me. Normally that's hard to figure out, but here a bunch of adults have shown the way. Don't do this bullshit fighting stuff and just loving talk to him and your girlfriend if things are still tense.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Soylent Pudding posted:

:words:

That's a big effortpost for someone who's clearly either troll or a sociopath.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Alchenar posted:

That's a big effortpost for someone who's clearly either troll or a sociopath.

I saw a lot of kids who thought like this when I was a student justice back in my university days. I still feel the urge to help them figure out they're being dumb little shits, so at least I can feel morally justified when they ignore me and the schadenfreude sets in. Here there is a chance of serious injury to one or both of them and this shithead is all set to ruin his life and possibly his friend's (depending on what sorts of injuries happen). His friend seems to be avoiding the fight, and I feel like I should make an effort to help him out even if I would love to see our poster get his rear end kicked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winszton
Oct 22, 2008
Honestly I'm not going to read that huge wall of text. It's as simple as this: Nothing would happen unless he consented and was throwing punches himself, nothing would happen unless there are multiple witnesses to hear him consent, and obviously two skinny little kids in high school aren't going to go out and kill each other in front of their friends over something that happened months ago....

This isn't some rage induced attempt to prove my manliness, however you want to twist it because of my age.

No she isn't my property, no he hasn't done anything legally wrong. The "sue" thing was just thrown around and he admitted himself that his dad would just laugh about it. I was just curious about what would happen if he did do anything, which is really really unlikely.
Only if he /agrees/ that it's fine for us to have a little wrestle will anything happen.
And we have talked over it, hes apologized and I accepted it, but we both understand that we'd rather "get even" and keep being friends instead of just ignoring each other. Really, I don't hate this dude at all.

I'm not trollan but it is funny to think how easy it would be to derail this thread and turn it into a lulzy (yes, lulzy) wall of overly serious.. you get the idea :)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)