Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
theoooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
Is Esteban a stereotypical YOSPOS cat? $1000 chair, 550-watt PC stereo system?

IMG_2696.jpg by dunx17, on Flickr

Or is he just upside down all the time?

IMG_2681.jpg by dunx17, on Flickr

Or does he just want to spend more time with his new friend Terence, the toy rat from Ikea?

IMG_2675.jpg by dunx17, on Flickr

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
man i've been thinking about those lifestyle chairs but 1000 bucks is a lot of freaking money for a chair

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
cute cat but i kind of want to choke you to death

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

dunkman posted:

Or does he just want to spend more time with his new friend Terence, the toy rat from Ikea?

the ikea rat is a pro pet toy

dogs and cats at our house both approve of the ikea rat and its usually headless inside a month

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

i hate the name theo

yeah i didnt like him on the cosby show either

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

it's me, i'm the fixed-gear hipstermobile

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

DOOMocrat posted:

trig + sniep post more cattes

flyboi post more gizmo :3:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Moose Milkie posted:

whoa you have a fat version of one of my cats

is yours soft like cashmere too?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

also ugh who pays full list price for aerons holy moley

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
fakerich dudes

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally

rotor posted:

also ugh who pays full list price for aerons holy moley

I got it for like $150 when a game studio in Dallas was closing down and liquidating all of their furniture. But yeah, desk chairs should not cost $1000 when it's literally mesh fabric and plastic.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

current cat status: tryin' to steal my salami! :argh:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

dunkman posted:

I got it for like $150 when a game studio in Dallas was closing down and liquidating all of their furniture. But yeah, desk chairs should not cost $1000 when it's literally mesh fabric and plastic.

good price

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hey guys check out my $35,000 (new) BMW

i got it for 3 grand though :smug:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

A Curvy Goonette posted:

man i've been thinking about those lifestyle chairs but 1000 bucks is a lot of freaking money for a chair

you were supposed to drive down to sunnyvale in your subaru outback during the dotcom bust and grab them out of dumpsters

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally

Jonny 290 posted:

hey guys check out my $35,000 (new) BMW

i got it for 3 grand though :smug:

how do I value my $80 replica of the priceless katana used by Akira to slay the Trigun?

or the one used by Frobo in the battle for lower earth?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you're trying too hard, stop it

yospos is not entered, yospos enters you, at the pace it will

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
i dont think ive posted the family dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du_LXSGRHdY

http://youtu.be/QPkVy_TBcuI also

Moose Milkie
Sep 6, 2007

:cthulhu::respek::ghost:
COME ON GET INVOLVED
THERE'S A MOOSETERY TO SOLVE
HANG AROUND WITH MOOSE MILKIE

ROVER HERE!!!!!

rotor posted:

is yours soft like cashmere too?

yup

but she's also very drippy, i think she has allergies or something because her face leaks

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Moose Milkie posted:

yup

but she's also very drippy, i think she has allergies or something because her face leaks

cat caulk

Moose Milkie
Sep 6, 2007

:cthulhu::respek::ghost:
COME ON GET INVOLVED
THERE'S A MOOSETERY TO SOLVE
HANG AROUND WITH MOOSE MILKIE

ROVER HERE!!!!!

rotor posted:

cat caulk

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

to be fair i do the same thing

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

It's from a few pages back but this is still p cool talking cattes own

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Phuzzy posted:

It's from a few pages back but this is still p cool talking cattes own

it's only cool if they know when to shut the gently caress up

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

rotor posted:

it's only cool if they know when to shut the gently caress up

our skinny black catte does the headbutts and talks but he's also senile and retarded and wont loving stop sometimes even when you slam down a bowl of food

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

loud, chatty cats are a curse unto your house

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>

dunkman posted:

Is Esteban a stereotypical YOSPOS cat? $1000 chair, 550-watt PC stereo system?

IMG_2696.jpg by dunx17, on Flickr

Or is he just upside down all the time?

IMG_2681.jpg by dunx17, on Flickr

IMG_2675.jpg by dunx17, on Flickr

avant garde swedish rat toy looks more like a rhinoceros

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

rotor posted:

loud, chatty cats are a curse unto your house

can you not train them to not do that?

dogs are pretty good at taking cues from being smacked or being bribed with treats

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Inverse Icarus posted:

can you not train them to not do that?

lookit this dude has never been around a cat

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i see my gfs cat once a week now and every time i go over he insists on having a 10 minute conversation with me as soon as i walk in the door :3:

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

Jonny 290 posted:

you're trying too hard, stop it

yospos is not entered, yospos enters you, at the pace it will

yospos provides its own lube :getin:

Aw fuck.
Jun 30, 2007

Using Ubuntu
is awesome
talkative cats own when you don't have to live with them basically

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

My cat cries and cries and cries for no reason and then I throw pillows and balled up socks and other soft things at him and I am like "JESUS CHRIST STOP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT, IT'S NOT FOOD IT'S NOT ATTENTION, WHAT. WHAT. WHAT" and I am almost in tears because he does it in the middle of the night and it wakes me up and I fantasize about putting him outside and being like "piss off cat, go bother someone else"

So basically I would be a horrible parent is what I am saying

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

Jonny 290 posted:

lookit this dude has never been around a cat

dad was horribly allergic and we just always had dogs

all cats i know are assholes

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

PipeRifle posted:

My cat cries and cries and cries for no reason and then I throw pillows and balled up socks and other soft things at him and I am like "JESUS CHRIST STOP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT, IT'S NOT FOOD IT'S NOT ATTENTION, WHAT. WHAT. WHAT" and I am almost in tears because he does it in the middle of the night and it wakes me up and I fantasize about putting him outside and being like "piss off cat, go bother someone else"

So basically I would be a horrible parent is what I am saying

the navajo would hang crying children in the woods until they figured out to stop crying.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

A Curvy Goonette posted:

the navajo would hang crying children in the woods until they figured out to stop crying.

i blame todays spoiled, pampered children on rampant deforestation.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
It's been a while since I had anything to say here, but I don't want to forget or be forgotten.

Here's Ming:

He showed up on the catnip farm about 25 years ago, more or less. My grandma Nellie took him in. He was a young cat, and solid. He weighed 1.75x what a cat his size should weigh, and it was all muscle and scar tissue. He was a wandering warrior, a Conan the barbarian of cattes if you will.

Anyway, grandma took him in and he lived a life of luxury for the rest of his long life but never lost his hard edge. He was the alpha cat of the farm and took no bullshit from strays or dogs or anything. He beat the poo poo out of a neighbor's dog taht wandered on to his turf. It was such a severe curbing that the dog never came back, even after Ming had gone on to catte Valhalla.

At some point, another cat wandered by and Ming took a liking to her and grandma adopted her, too. The new kitty was named Squeaker because she had a tiny voice and she was pretty much the complete opposite of Ming. Ming and Squeaker became bff and lived very happily in grandma's trailer. When grandma was too old (100) and alzheimery to live alone anymore, she moved to the nursing home down the valley. She left a note on the kitchen table that read simply "please take care of my kitties". Grandma died at 106, and her kitties were well cared for.

Ming and Squeaker lived in the trailer by themselves for years. My mom would check on them every day, and I use the trailer for processing cat drugs, so I'd see them almost every day through the spring and summer. Ming died 4 years ago, and though we never knew how old he was, a good guess would be about 23. That wouild put him in the same neighborhood as grandma, maybe around 108 in people years.

Squeaker still lives in the trailer, having outlived Ming, and she's about 25 now. That figures to around 116 people years. She's very slow and going blind, but she still purrs when petted, and has a good appetite. Her favorite spot is under a blanket, curled up and hidden, but sometimes she gets up and walks around and calls for Ming. When he doesn't come, she goes back under the blanket and cries for a little while and then goes back to sleep.

Ming is buried under this giant cottonwood tree, near a catnip drying shed.

He shares the hallowed ground with Dudley.

dee eight fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Apr 8, 2011

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

god drat that is a tough looking cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

A Curvy Goonette posted:

this is probably not true