Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
Maybe I missed it and somebody mentioned it (and if so my apologies) but I can't get over how dumb George sounded regarding therapy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

USMC_Karl posted:

Really? Honestly? I mean my father called me a moron and things like that on occasion. As far as I know there is some recorded thing where Howard gets called a moron when he did something... well... moronic.

I think Howard is just a huge pussy who is like all those other people who say "I have OCD cause I don't like to ~". He wants to be special, so he makes up all this crap so people pay attention to him.

People react to things differently then others. There is also genetics involved.

fuzzi
Oct 14, 2002

Joe Don Baker posted:

His mom (at least once) embarrassed him in front of his friends when she found his underwear with some skidmarks.

But instead of being mad about it and hating his mom like most normal people, he decided to take showers constantly and use the washrag and stick it up his butt to make doubly sure he was clean. He just doesn't handle things like a normal human being.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

fuzzi posted:

But instead of being mad about it and hating his mom like most normal people, he decided to take showers constantly and use the washrag and stick it up his butt to make doubly sure he was clean. He just doesn't handle things like a normal human being.

Perhaps he is the only one who talks about it.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.
Ta Ta Toothy jumped the shark today on TWUS when he "what do you do for a living"-ed John Hein.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

pkd88 posted:

People react to things differently then others. There is also genetics involved.

Robin was saying that about Beth. Howard was complaining that she eats "poo poo" for breakfast, a fiber bar or something like that. But he (and Robin) forgot to mention that she probably doesn't eat much more then that all day and works out like crazy, genetics my rear end, they can help for sure, and they might set a limit on what you can be, but she works out and doesn't eat much it appears. No magic wand or tube of coffee up the rear end got her skinny.

I still got angry when the got after Benjy for eating a "bucket" of lettuce. He even said he doesn't put dressing on it, it is a bucket of lettuce! That is like 50 calories a pound.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

George was creeping me out a bit when he was going nuts over Ellis's cock.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

AxeManiac posted:

I still got angry when the got after Benjy for eating a "bucket" of lettuce.

Trough

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

FogHelmut posted:

George was creeping me out a bit when he was going nuts over Ellis's cock.

It was pretty creepy. Not because it was gay either. If a male staffer was doing that to a female they'd never let them in the studio again.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
If I didn't know any better I'd say George is a scientologist but he's openly gay, unlike Travolta and Cruise, so Scientology probably wants nothing to do with him. It would be the only explanation for his dumb comments about therapy.

Also, Sal is either bi or in the closet. On the wrap up show he described a situation in the gym where he went to use the blow dryer so he could check out a black dude's cock.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

AxeManiac posted:

I still got angry when the got after Benjy for eating a "bucket" of lettuce. He even said he doesn't put dressing on it, it is a bucket of lettuce! That is like 50 calories a pound.

It's also empty calories. Fat people think they can eat lettuce and lose weight and it really doesn't work like that. Lettuce isn't bad for you, not saying that, but if you want to get the nutrients and best health benefits from a salad you need dark greens. If he ate a bucket of spinach that'd be different but lettuce just does nothing. He'd be much better off eating a mixed salad of dark greens, veggies and some fat free dressing.

They're right to point this out because Benjy is just a classic case. He tries to gorge himself on "healthy" foods, especially when in front of others, while most likely still eating like poo poo at home not to mention eating tons of healthy food can still make you fat because portion control is the name of the dieting game. He also doesn't exercise and is still a fat piece of poo poo. Benjy has no self-control and willpower and until he gets it he'll always be fat as gently caress.

Believe it or not but Howard does it right. He eats healthy, well portioned meals and exercises on a regular basis.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Glumwheels posted:

If I didn't know any better I'd say George is a scientologist but he's openly gay, unlike Travolta and Cruise, so Scientology probably wants nothing to do with him. It would be the only explanation for his dumb comments about therapy.

Nah, he's just old. I think he's said before that he's a Buddhist.

edit: "I've got a pair of Red Wing boots, size 12. They're in great shape ... although they are covered in horse semen."

Smeep fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 7, 2011

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

AxeManiac posted:

Robin was saying that about Beth. Howard was complaining that she eats "poo poo" for breakfast, a fiber bar or something like that. But he (and Robin) forgot to mention that she probably doesn't eat much more then that all day and works out like crazy, genetics my rear end, they can help for sure, and they might set a limit on what you can be, but she works out and doesn't eat much it appears. No magic wand or tube of coffee up the rear end got her skinny.

(I was talking about Howard's mental health but...)

There are different body types, apple/pear plus the fact she is tall. I am sure she is genetically attractive but you are also right, she probably doesn't get a lot of calories.

When you are rich, you can afford to eat the best and work out a lot

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Crotch Bat posted:

It's also empty calories. Fat people think they can eat lettuce and lose weight and it really doesn't work like that. Lettuce isn't bad for you, not saying that, but if you want to get the nutrients and best health benefits from a salad you need dark greens. If he ate a bucket of spinach that'd be different but lettuce just does nothing. He'd be much better off eating a mixed salad of dark greens, veggies and some fat free dressing.

They're right to point this out because Benjy is just a classic case. He tries to gorge himself on "healthy" foods, especially when in front of others, while most likely still eating like poo poo at home not to mention eating tons of healthy food can still make you fat because portion control is the name of the dieting game. He also doesn't exercise and is still a fat piece of poo poo. Benjy has no self-control and willpower and until he gets it he'll always be fat as gently caress.

Believe it or not but Howard does it right. He eats healthy, well portioned meals and exercises on a regular basis.

But not everyone can go to Dr Sarno and be cured magically. If Benjy overeats, eating a "trough" of 50 calories of lettuce is better then eating a sleeve of cookies. He wants to eat, he eats fruits and poo poo (like Robin should be doing) because they are low calorie and he can eat a lot of them. It is a valid tactic and works quite well for over eaters.

The point is, it is supposed to do nothing, like sucking on a straw to help you stop smoking. Benjy has lost some weight, he is a goof ball and wrong on most everything, but he does well on that at least. Even last time George was getting after him about eating "so much". You count calories, not grams.

People have different ways with dealing with the mental side of weight loss. I think genetically you can get addicitions and stuff, just like with alcohol, but sometimes your brain is just messed up and you have no clamp on your diet. If this helps Benjy lose weight, more power too him.

I was just saying it is crazy for Robin to attack him (Howard does it because it is funny and he does use willpower to control his food issues - one of the few things in his life he seems to be able to control) because he is doing it wrong, while she tries to stick beads on her ears and shoves fruit up her butt.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

@GeorgeTakei posted:

After today's shenanigans on @HowardStern, I changed the password on my Twitter until Brad calms down.

Oh my!

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

sedative posted:

This black radio war is hilarious

HIT THAT BOMB

TURN THAT BOMB OFF
I caught it twice and almost died both times. Hilarious!

The tradio call today owned hard too. "I have a credenza, the top is covered in jizz stains"

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

pkd88 posted:

(I was talking about Howard's mental health but...)

There are different body types, apple/pear plus the fact she is tall. I am sure she is genetically attractive but you are also right, she probably doesn't get a lot of calories.

When you are rich, you can afford to eat the best and work out a lot

and it's good for Beths """""""career""""""

am I crazy for thinking that she's a phony vapid waste?

I really hope Howard doesn't succumb to her wanting a baby and I will also be happy when he finally robs her of it.

I think she's already at the point where meiosis won't be kind to her as far as having a non retarded baby is concerned.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

AxeManiac posted:

But not everyone can go to Dr Sarno and be cured magically. If Benjy overeats, eating a "trough" of 50 calories of lettuce is better then eating a sleeve of cookies. He wants to eat, he eats fruits and poo poo (like Robin should be doing) because they are low calorie and he can eat a lot of them. It is a valid tactic and works quite well for over eaters.

The point is, it is supposed to do nothing, like sucking on a straw to help you stop smoking. Benjy has lost some weight, he is a goof ball and wrong on most everything, but he does well on that at least. Even last time George was getting after him about eating "so much". You count calories, not grams.

Well yes and no. Yes in that it is better than eating a sleeve of cookies but no in that it is a valid tactic. In fact, it does nothing but encourage over eating. Hey, 1 salad is good for me so why not eat 4! Except, again, losing weight is ultimately about portion control. Besides the exercising, there's a reason why fit people don't have to continually eat well every meal for every day. They can eat ice cream or a Snickers but that's because they eat a regular-sized Snickers or a few spoonfuls of ice cream not 2 extra large Snickers or a pint of ice cream in a sitting.

Also, Benjy is god-awful at losing weight and keeping it off. His idea of losing weight is extreme fasting and trips to the sauna. There's a reason he's as fat now as he was before that weight loss contest a few years back.

chiz posted:

I really hope Howard doesn't succumb to her wanting a baby and I will also be happy when he finally robs her of it.

:stare:

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Crotch Bat posted:

Well yes and no. Yes in that it is better than eating a sleeve of cookies but no in that it is a valid tactic. In fact, it does nothing but encourage over eating. Hey, 1 salad is good for me so why not eat 4! Except, again, losing weight is ultimately about portion control. Besides the exercising, there's a reason why fit people don't have to continually eat well every meal for every day. They can eat ice cream or a Snickers but that's because they eat a regular-sized Snickers or a few spoonfuls of ice cream not 2 extra large Snickers or a pint of ice cream in a sitting.

Also, Benjy is god-awful at losing weight and keeping it off. His idea of losing weight is extreme fasting and trips to the sauna. There's a reason he's as fat now as he was before that weight loss contest a few years back.

:stare:

sorry I must be in a mood

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

Glumwheels posted:

People really should keep in mind that in a lot of Georges lifetime it was perfectly reasonable for a psychiatrist to goo up a bit of your brain via ice pick or electricity as "therapy".

Takei isn't talking about "boot-straps" or voodoo thetans. He just (my thinking here) thought he was talking to "Howard Shatner".

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

There's a reason he's as fat now as he was before that weight loss contest a few years back.

Except he didn't lose anything for the contest. He just took a bunch of salt pills before the weigh-in to gain a poo poo load of water weight. Then he just quit drinking water and hit the sauna on the days before the final weigh-in to flush it all out again. The guy was so dehydrated that day that he could barely walk and sounded like he was drunk.

Not that this is a slam against him; Benjy is actually pretty clever. The whole contest was poorly thought and had no rules and any of the other guys could have easily rigged it but were either too dense, or just didn't care like Artie.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

People really should keep in mind that in a lot of Georges lifetime it was perfectly reasonable for a psychiatrist to goo up a bit of your brain via ice pick or electricity as "therapy".

Takei isn't talking about "boot-straps" or voodoo thetans. He just (my thinking here) thought he was talking to "Howard Shatner".

George is a good performer and quite funny on the HS show but he was just flat dumb and wrong on this topic. You could hear the frustration in Howard's tone.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
Howard's point to Benjy on his eating is learn to eat in moderation.

Eating a trashcan full of salad is not healthy and is almost as much schtick as his performance schtick. Benjy probably as an eating disorder.

At least Robin is disciplined and seemingly sticks to it.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

How long has Howard been in therapy? He says he's better simply because of therapy, but what about just aging in general? I don't know, I guess there's no simple way to invoke a control in that whole experiment.

From personal experience, I think it would be interesting and maybe helpful to visit a therapist(went as a teenager and it wasn't that great) to talk about some insecurities and inner issues, but 3 days a week seems like you'd just be rehashing it over and over. I would think diminishing returns would kick in eventually.

Maybe if he'd took time off he'd forget that he even gave a poo poo about half those problems brought up.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I'm pretty sure just like how Howard pays something like $50,000 to get a door put in and they drag it out for months on end, his Therapist is doing the same thing.

I mean, what could he talk about? He talks like 5 hours a day about everything from wiping his rear end to worrying about his parents dying to wanting his rear end in a top hat licked. I can see how therapy could help people out, but the dude is almost 60 years old, set for life and lives an overall wonderful life. At some point you think it would kick in, at some point he has to turn old and not care about that stuff anymore.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

Except, again, losing weight is ultimately about portion control.

Or just avoiding foods that create the insulin response that drives fat accumulation, without regard for caloric count/'portions'

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

chiz posted:

am I crazy for thinking that she's a phony vapid waste?

Yes. You don't know poo poo about her.

fuzzi
Oct 14, 2002
Am I the only one that wants Beth to win and get Howard to have another child? I think that would make for some great radio!

Barrage
Jul 27, 2010

pkd88 posted:

George is a good performer and quite funny on the HS show but he was just flat dumb and wrong on this topic. You could hear the frustration in Howard's tone.

Agreed. Takei was completely out of his depth. Exposed him to me, and (in my mind) wrote him off as a potential permanent chair.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

fuzzi posted:

Am I the only one that wants Beth to win and get Howard to have another child? I think that would make for some great radio!

I think it would drive Howard insane and make his issues even more part of the show. Especially when he has to change a diaper and causes the baby's anus to fall off from the wiping.

Barrage posted:

Agreed. Takei was completely out of his depth. Exposed him to me, and (in my mind) wrote him off as a potential permanent chair.

I don't think George cares. He has a career of his own. I think George is realizing just how hosed up Howard and Robin are.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
George has 300x more reasons to have a therapy crutch than Howard does and yet George has the insane notion that instead of talking to a mostly disinterested third party academic he'd rather work his interpersonal issues out with the people who cause them.

Kind of like how Robin thinks Richard's weight loss plan of "Eat less, work out more" is loving stupid madness.

So I can kind of see why George is like "Huh? Therapy? Why?"

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but isnt therapy generally looked down upon by Japanese society in general?

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but isnt therapy generally looked down upon by Japanese society in general?

I don't know the actual answer but Buddhism is very much about living in the world with peace and peaceful thoughts. This is what they try to teach you in therapy.

You would think with the amount of drama, tragedy, disasters etc that happen on their islands they would be more in-tune with therapy/psychology.

EDITED TO ADD: I am not gay. I think I will start all posts like that.

Wooty fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 7, 2011

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

:barf:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Former Human posted:

:barf:

George can do so much better.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

You did not post that you are not gay so therefor...

Cut that bomb off

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Like this?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

This is the best show on the planet.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Jason Ellis was great on the show. One of my favorite lines was when he was naked with those things on his dick and turned to Gary and said "so how are the kids?"

he's pretty quick, I gotta listen to his show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Ribsauce posted:

Yes. You don't know poo poo about her.

You do though.