Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009

Triangulum posted:

I love bands with female singers I just hate the overly cutest bunny rabbit like style of singing aauuuuuugh

I wasn't suggesting that, but yeah. Her voice is certainly...unique. It's not even really a good voice, but I like it all the same.

also, bunnies in punk rock are awesome :colbert:

LtTennisBall fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Inspector_71 posted:

First off, thanks for the link to the new album stream.

Also yeah, I Waiting is good, although mixed terribly. Full Collapse is pretty easily their best work, with War All The Time coming in second along with the Envy split. Common Existence/A City By The Light Divided each have some really good tracks, but overall are pretty boring.

I also like Thursday just because Geoff has (in my opinion) a very good attitude towards the "scene" and his place in it.

Yeah. I'm a huge Thursday fan and I don't know about their new album. I listened to it and felt it really lacked the urgency and emotion that made their other albums so fantastic. Although Geoff pretty much admitted in his AP Press blog that No Devolucion as something entirely different from what they've done before.

I don't hate it but I don't love it either. It's just kind of there and it doesn't really sound much like Thursday. I'll have to give it plenty more listens before I can give an actual opinion on it beyond that though.

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

Bunnies by HORSE the Band is such a great song.

also, I miss Circle Takes the Square. What the gently caress are those guys up to/tell me similar bands to check out. I already know about City of Caterpillar and Envy

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

heeebrew posted:

also, I miss Circle Takes the Square. What the gently caress are those guys up to/tell me similar bands to check out.

They just put up a kickstarter page to fund the final bit of studio time to finish up the album; of course this being CTtS it will still take them another two years to finish it. (Though to be fair I think two of them live in Canada now?)

Here's the link

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Ursus Veritas posted:

They just put up a kickstarter page to fund the final bit of studio time to finish up the album

Ughhhhh kickstarter? Really?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Triangulum posted:

Now I have the urge to listen to Squirtgun for some reason.

That reason is that Squirtgun was awesome.

rivals posted:

Ughhhhh kickstarter? Really?

Kickstarter is pretty great?

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all

Mazel Tov posted:

Have you checked out Dead In The Dirt at all?

I haven't but I'll make sure to do it now. Always on the lookout for new stuff

Also I just saw that Balance and Composure are going to have a full length record out this Spring. I am so pumped to hear it; if they build on their sound from the split they did last year it'll probably make my short list for favorite album of the year.

punxnbutter fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 7, 2011

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

Dickeye posted:

That reason is that Squirtgun was awesome.

This is true :3: and Squirtgun reminds me of summer and being 12 :3:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Eight Is Legend posted:

Haha, you fuckin' nailed it with that post-rock comment.

It popped into my head last night for some reason while I was drifting off to sleep, I'm pretty proud of it.

Passion for Dilbert
Dec 5, 2007

I looked over the last couple pages, and I'm not aware if this is the correct thread to talk about hosed Up in, but is anyone else really pumped for the upcoming hosed Up album??

http://www.davidcomestolife.com/announcement.html

'The Other Shoe' is pretty rad.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Inspector_71 posted:

It popped into my head last night for some reason while I was drifting off to sleep, I'm pretty proud of it.

I quoted you in the Thursday thread at Absolutepunk.net, and Jason Tate (the owner) wrote back "If you're taking your cue from the something awful forums for musical opinion, you get what you deserve."

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

Passion for Dilbert posted:

I looked over the last couple pages, and I'm not aware if this is the correct thread to talk about hosed Up in, but is anyone else really pumped for the upcoming hosed Up album??

Holy poo poo, I totally forgot about this! I don't think anything they do at this point will live up to Hidden World, but the track on there sounds pretty good, in a different way.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Eight Is Legend posted:

I quoted you in the Thursday thread at Absolutepunk.net, and Jason Tate (the owner) wrote back "If you're taking your cue from the something awful forums for musical opinion, you get what you deserve."

Haha. Did you cite it or does he actually read these forums too?

EDIT: I like the idea that certain forums have the wrong opinion about music as a blanket statement though.

EDIT2: I can't stop listening to that new hosed Up song.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 7, 2011

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
My band, Southside Stranglers, is going out on the road for a week in May so I wanted to post the dates here so y'all could come catch us if we are around your town.

5/12 - Washington, DC
5/13 - Columbus, OH
5/14 - Cleveland, OH (Horrible Fest)
5/15 - Indianapolis, IN
5/16 - Chicago, IL
5/17 - St. Louis, MO
5/18 - Nashville, TN
5/19 - Charlottesville, VA

Come check us out and we will be sure to entertain you with our own brand of drunken rock and roll mess.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

heeebrew posted:

Bunnies by HORSE the Band is such a great song.

also, I miss Circle Takes the Square. What the gently caress are those guys up to/tell me similar bands to check out. I already know about City of Caterpillar and Envy

they're busy LIVING OFF THE LAND.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Triangulum posted:

This is true :3: and Squirtgun reminds me of summer and being 12 :3:

Social is seriously one of the best pop-punk songs ever, mostly because of that loving bass line.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Dickeye posted:

Social is seriously one of the best pop-punk songs ever, mostly because of that loving bass line.
I had to go and re-listen to that song and now I want to watch Mallrats again.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Passion for Dilbert posted:

Hell yes.......I've loved everything they've ever done. Still never seen them live but that will be fixed if they go on tour for this.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Inspector_71 posted:

Haha. Did you cite it or does he actually read these forums too?

EDIT: I like the idea that certain forums have the wrong opinion about music as a blanket statement though.

Just attributed the quote to a member of the SA forums - I guess some of the Garbage Day articles from Warped Tour hit a little too close to home for him.

EDIT: Also, he would like you to clarify what you meant: "If they're using "screamo" to describe this Thursday album, I remain skeptical [of the SA forums being good]."

Eight Is Legend fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 8, 2011

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

Dickeye posted:

Dickeye you kinda own a lot :3:

Man the first time I smoked weed we were listening to that song. Squirtgun is just so full of awesome memories for me :3:

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

What the hell, until like 4 days ago, I didn't even know that Ghostlimb put out a new LP or that Weekend Nachos put out a new EP. (let the Nachos hate begin)

Ghostlimb's new one sounds like... Ghostlimb. Great, but it's still Ghostlimb.

Weekend Nachos went back to being fast

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Triangulum posted:

Dickeye you kinda own a lot :3:

Man the first time I smoked weed we were listening to that song. Squirtgun is just so full of awesome memories for me :3:

I don't know a lot, but I know pop-punk.

Listen to Sass Dragons. Not because it's 90s pop-punk stuff, because it's not, but because Sass Dragons owned and everyone should listen to them.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Eight Is Legend posted:

Just attributed the quote to a member of the SA forums - I guess some of the Garbage Day articles from Warped Tour hit a little too close to home for him.

EDIT: Also, he would like you to clarify what you meant: "If they're using "screamo" to describe this Thursday album, I remain skeptical [of the SA forums being good]."

I thought it was pretty obvious what I meant. When screamo bands get old they start making post-rock. I'm not gonna get into a pissing match with him about my skramz "cred" or whatever. If he wants to take that quote as some kind of serious critique rather than an off-the-cuff witticism, that's his problem :v:

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 8, 2011

The Read Menace
Apr 4, 2003

drat. hosed Up is going on tour but unlucky for me they are playing in Palm Springs as their only SoCal date right now. Hopefully they add some more dates later.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

Dickeye posted:

Listen to Sass Dragons. Not because it's 90s pop-punk stuff, because it's not, but because Sass Dragons owned and everyone should listen to them.

If there is one thing you should take away from this thread, THIS. The guys put on a mighty fun show, and its a drat shame they're done now.

Here's them playing a couple of my favorite tracks of theirs and the Dopamines rocking out in the front of the crowd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIFrUtCY5GI#t=0m55s

And here's a couple other tracks for good measure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSIxUlvsy4
http://youtu.be/pZbDX2Lg9rY

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If you click the first link make sure you watch part two. They play Explode Alamode.

Explode Alamode is loving incredible.

Passion for Dilbert
Dec 5, 2007

punxnbutter posted:

Hell yes.......I've loved everything they've ever done. Still never seen them live but that will be fixed if they go on tour for this.

It is something you must do before you die. I saw them for the first time (I live in Australia :() a month ago and it was possibly the best gig of my life.

I am so stoked for the new album and the 80 7" singles that will go with it.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

quote:

Sass Dragons

Listen to Rad Payoff

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ferrule posted:

Listen to Rad Payoff

The sadness that consumed me when Sass Dragons broke up has lifted.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
Ughhh Chaos Z is soooo gooood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz6d8sJj3Uk

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

They're no Vorkriegsphase!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGEHwaryI7E

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
Vorkriegsphase is no Vorkriegsjugend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-q_tO_KCz4&feature=related

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Who just got an AMR skate deck in the mail for winning a contest?

Me.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

^^^ That's awesome.

So, O Pioneers!!! is a great band, anyone know soem other similarly rad (and musically similar) bands?

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

quote:

Sass Dragons

Brickfight and Dethwarrant.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Hi guys, I am in a hardcore band in a rural town of Australia. We seem to be getting a bit of steam behind us, we played a couple of shows in Brisbane a few weeks ago, will be releasing a tape and a 7" soon. You can download our demo here, would love to hear what you guys think

http://downpour1.bandcamp.com/album/demo

We get compared to Extortion and Infest a lot, so I suppose we sound like them.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Big Willy Style posted:

Hi guys, I am in a hardcore band in a rural town of Australia. We seem to be getting a bit of steam behind us, we played a couple of shows in Brisbane a few weeks ago, will be releasing a tape and a 7" soon. You can download our demo here, would love to hear what you guys think

http://downpour1.bandcamp.com/album/demo

We get compared to Extortion and Infest a lot, so I suppose we sound like them.

Have been listening to this for the last hour, and I like it. The production's a bit iffy, but otherwise it's good - I love the vocals. The start of Baby Shaker sounds too much like History's Stranglers by The Bronx for me not to do a double-take every time I hear it though. v:shobon:v

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
I haven't listened to The Bronx in a while but I can definitely see how you can make that comparison. The tracks that are up for download are what we recorded late last year, they are currently being mastered so what is there is just the unmastered recordings. When they are mastered (with 3 or four other tracks as well) we will be getting the 7" done.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Oh sweet. They sound really good for unmastered recordings then. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

I like your demo Big Willy nice job. I bet you all tear the house down live.....