Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
Bylines aren't worth bothering with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

If the ball is out behind but only a little bit then "gently caress it, play on"

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
IFAB Heads & Volleys Rules

• If the ball goes over the big fence and you have to go get it it's an instant red arse

• If you get caught by the keeper instant red arse

• If you get caught one handed it's from 6 yards

• If you miss then you go in goal

• If you concede 5 thats the end of the round and you get a red arse. The first person in goal gets 6 lives.

• Only headers in the 6 yard box

• No self set ups

• Red arse is standing on the goalline/against the wall and having a shot pelted at you from 12 yards unless you got caught one handed.

• If you blaze your shot at the poor sod on the line over the bar then you go join him for missing from 12 yards.

Barbershop
Aug 14, 2008

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
1) yellow card, free kick to defending side, whats so tough about this one?

2) if there's a camera nearby get the FA to give him a two match suspension

3) two match ban for the defender if there's a camera near by, red card for the pk taker, let someone else take the pk

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
1) Red to attacker, freekick from the spot he dived from. It's probably covered by unsporting conduct, but it's a yellow for the dive, yellow for the handball, both are happening whilst the ball is in play.

2) Warn him and tell him if it happens again he gets a yellow.

3) If you can't live with getting abuse from a defender then you're a prat. Red for attacker, someone else takes the penalty.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

1) You don't give two yellows at once, that isn't the point of the two yellows rule. Yellow + free kick for the dive, tell him he's lucky and if he puts one foot out of line the rest of the game he is off.

2) Yellow card for the language (you can't swear at kids, come on), tell him to use his shirt and report the towel incident to the FA.

3) Depends on what they mean by foul abuse, if the defender called him a oval office I'm pretty sure there's grounds to red card both of them. The taker definitely gets a red though.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Oh also tell the ball boy to stop being a oval office and let the guy use the towel.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
Red for the hand.
Yellow for unsporting conduct, then yell unsportingly at the oval office of a kid.
Red.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
yellow card
yellow card
red card

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

1) two-match ban
2) two-match ban
3) two-match ban

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
1. wayne rooney
2. rooney
3. r

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
1. Yellow for the dive, IDFK to defending team. Have a chat with the attacker during your booking session and let him know how close he is to not playing any more.

2. This is a total coincidence, the thrower has turrets. Anyway, not really a lot of descriptive info, but I'm assuming they want us to take the abusive language route and send him off. Restart with the same throw.

3. I really hate this rule, but, allow the kick to proceed since the ref signaled for the kick to be taken. After the take, send both off for violent/abusive language and violent conduct, respectively. Retake the PK (with a new taker) since there were infractions from both teams.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Can't answer any of them until we determine whether it's Man Utd or not. If so then persecute them with extreme prejudice.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

pik_d posted:

Oh also tell the ball boy to stop being a oval office and let the guy use the towel.

They're not allowed to, it's why Delap has a retarded towel-shirt.

Dollas posted:

2. This is a total coincidence, the thrower has turrets

What calibre?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

1. yellow card and freekick to defending side
2. yellow card to the player but inform the ball boy that he has to let both sides use the towel. iirc there was an incident at stoke like this and the fa told them they weren't allowed to have an advantage by not letting other teams use the towel
3. red card and have someone else take it

Bio-Hazard
Mar 8, 2004
I HATE POLITICS IN SOCCER AS MUCH AS I LOVE RACISM IN SOCCER
Oh noes!

Bio-Hazard fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jul 23, 2011

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Whats the towel rule now?

1) Yellow card. Pretty easy this one
2) Really depends on whats said but if its bad then a yellow card, if not just a warning, if its Rooney then send him off and make him mow the lawn in his wifes dress
3) Red card for the violent guy and red or yellow depending on what was said by the other guy. Must have been zidanesque to get that reaction.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Dollas posted:

turrets

What's the kid throwing at him?

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Mickolution posted:

What's the kid throwing at him?

Not towels, that's for sure.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

ibroxmassive posted:

1) Red to attacker, freekick from the spot he dived from. It's probably covered by unsporting conduct, but it's a yellow for the dive, yellow for the handball, both are happening whilst the ball is in play.
Nope, the ball stops being in play when the ref decides so, the fact the whistle hasn't been blown is irrelevant.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

But if no one knows he's stopped play, has it indeed stopped? Makes you think.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
1) Goal
2) Goal
3) Goal

Easy ones this week.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

1) Red card for the attacker who dived and deliberately handballed, free kick from the site of the handball
2) Warning for both parties
3) Red card for the attacker, and the punishment for the defender depends on what was said. Unless it was really heinous, just a warning. If it was about how the attacker hosed a grannie, a yellow. If it was racism, a red card.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Semprini posted:

Nope, the ball stops being in play when the ref decides so, the fact the whistle hasn't been blown is irrelevant.

Yeah, this was in two recently, I think. Unless it's violent conduct or something like that, the ref won't do anything for the second infraction.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Sod the giant head of Avram Grant, this is a much more interesting situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt3mLtylRq8

Sort that one out.

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time

Trin Tragula posted:

Sort that one out.

Technically speaking the penalty should be retaken as there were players in the box before he kicked the ball.

Whether that negates the player removing his shirt or not, is another matter. Although, if he took off his shirt that was being identified as the recognised bit of kit, that constitutes a yellow card. If he's claiming that his undershirt is the "real" shirt (e.g. regulation bit of kit) then he should be booked for covering it up with another (in this case identical) bit of clothing.

Either way he's breaking the rules so booking. And the penalty should still be retaken.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Trin Tragula posted:

Sort that one out.

Spirit of the law is a second booking - he's deliberately trying to flout the rules.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

bigfatspacko_uk posted:

Spirit of the law is a second booking - he's deliberately trying to flout the rules.

Definitely; also the guy is apparently known for making stupid decisions. He's gotten sent off twice (or more, I dont' remember) and he's played 4 games.

It's to be noted that the ref in that game was utterly horrible, but I think he made the right decision there.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Trin Tragula posted:

Sort that one out.

Technically speaking he should have kept his shirt on and tossed his shorts.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Trin Tragula posted:

Sort that one out.

Fun fact -- his team was already down a man when this happened. This made it 9-on-11 for about 20 minutes before the other team got someone sent off.

Just wondering, does the ref have any discretion in this case to say "well, it should be a yellow, but it's not serious enough to kick him out of the game and put his team down two men for 35 minutes"? Or is he pretty much obligated to give one regardless of circumstance?

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004

colonel_korn posted:

Fun fact -- his team was already down a man when this happened. This made it 9-on-11 for about 20 minutes before the other team got someone sent off.

Just wondering, does the ref have any discretion in this case to say "well, it should be a yellow, but it's not serious enough to kick him out of the game and put his team down two men for 35 minutes"? Or is he pretty much obligated to give one regardless of circumstance?

Absolutely not. That's the whole point of a mandatory caution and I would be totally slaughtered by an assessor if I did that. See also: "Oh, it's the last minute, let's not send anyone off..."

1. Caution and DFK to defense (punish the most serious offense... simulation would be IDFK)

2. In premier league this would probably be nothing or a caution. If it was a public park and offensive language then by definition that has to be a dismissal.

3. 'Foul language' is OFFINABUS in modern times. Defender dismissed. Penalty taker to be dismissed for VC. The penalty had not been taken so someone else can be nominated to take it instead.

Mewcenary fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 8, 2011

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
1) Send him off, two separate yellow card offences here. e: Looks like I'm wrong here and would go with yellow card for the dive having seen other replies.
2) I'm not sure here. Caution the layer for his abusive overreaction and make sure the ballboys give him the towel in future, it's not right that they should influence play.
3) Yellow card for defender, red for taker, retake penalty.

Walton Simons fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 8, 2011

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Walton Simons posted:

2) I'm not sure here. Caution the layer for his abusive overreaction and make sure the ballboys give him the towel in future, it's not right that they should influence play.

I'm not sure they'd have to give someone a towel. I know they have to give the ball to the opposition at the same rate they would the home team as someone got in trouble for that a few years back, can't remember who, though, but I doubt there's any rules for towels.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Mickolution posted:

I'm not sure they'd have to give someone a towel. I know they have to give the ball to the opposition at the same rate they would the home team as someone got in trouble for that a few years back, can't remember who, though, but I doubt there's any rules for towels.

Both teams have to agree whether to allow the towel before the start of the game. If its allowed then it should be available to both teams. I remember a ballboy at Stoke being a oval office and not handing the towel to a Birmingham player, last season I think, and he got bollocked by the ref for it.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Trin Tragula posted:

Sort that one out.

It's more facepalming then interesting.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

bigfatspacko_uk posted:

Could also do him for inciting the crowd tbh.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

Trin Tragula posted:

Sort that one out.

Was actually covered 6 months back.

Link here

Keith Hackett's answers

1) The quality of the shirt underneath is irrelevant: the law about taking off shirts during goal celebrations is precisely worded and designed to prevent crowd incitement. So book him in the usual way.
Thanks to Hugh Allen.
2) It's a red card, and a penalty. Although the ball was in play outside the area, the offence occurred inside it.
Thanks to Nicole Jennings for the question.
3) The defender has misread the situation. He thinks that, by scoring a meaningless own goal, he has saved his goalkeeper from picking up a suspension for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity. But the striker's shot seemed to be running wide – so there was no "dogso" offence to punish. There is also no such thing in law as "the last man" – it's a misleading phrase used by pundits who should be referring to "dogso" instead. If the defender hadn't intervened it would have been a penalty, but as it is, it's a goal. You should also discipline the goalkeeper with a yellow card for his reckless action in dragging the striker down.
Neil Patel wins the shirt.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Mickolution posted:

Yeah, this was in two recently, I think. Unless it's violent conduct or something like that, the ref won't do anything for the second infraction.

It nearly happened during the Chelsea match. When Evra fouled whoever it was you could see him reach for the ball before realising he wasn't getting a penalty and deciding against it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Barbershop posted:

1) Yellow card him, award the free kick to the defending side.
2) Yellow card him.
3) Yellow the defender, red the taker but the penalty stands.

Dudley fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Apr 9, 2011

• Locked thread