Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

Zedd posted:

Well you see, now only owners of the Sony™ Playstation 3™ HD Multimedia Entertainment Platform™ can play LittleBigPlanet 2™; By making a PC version of LittleBigPlanet 2™ you would thus loose the exclusive release status that the game currently has on the Playstation 3™ Platform™

Phrased like this because I have seen people actual argument stuff like that

I like it when legos dudes spend the effort to type it out as the officially kosher "LEGO" and correct people on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Master_Odin posted:

Well, the game is exclusive to the PS3 and is a reason to buy a PS3 over getting a PC. Porting the game over to the PC would be another reason to just get a gaming computer and not a PS3. :v:

Or more likely, humanity continues to show off how moronic it's becoming.

Who owns just one console / PC anymore?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Ularg posted:

This guy; I own a PC and a Gamecube. :c00l:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Ularg posted:

I do.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Ularg posted:

PC which is used daily, and a Wii that never gets used unless my parents stop by, then I play Wii golf with my dad.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
PC / Wii

I love FPS and Nintendo first party stuff, best of both for me.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Way to make me look bad guys, jeese.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Ularg posted:

Young kids for one, who are probably the bulk of people that get riled up over how many exclusives their system has. I'm a grown rear end man who can afford to spend money on all the frivolous bullshit I want, but when I was 10 I knew with a rock hard certainty that if I got an N64 I would not be getting another console for at least five years.

But yeah, that's a bit like asking who owns just one pair of running shoes anymore, different people have different tastes is all.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Ularg posted:

PC/PS3 for me.

Although I haven't turned on my PS3 since Red Dead Redemption came out. :(

ElProducto
Oct 9, 2001
if you want to live low, live low

Kashwashwa posted:

You guys are pansies. back in my day you weren't a pc gamer unless you had cuts all over your hands from the terrible case designs slicing you.

Last week I built a new gaming pc for the first time in like 6 years and while installing the DVD drive I sliced my finger open. Blood and skin and aluminum all mixed and brought me right back to my college days.

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.

Ularg posted:

Joining the chorus of, "Me." :colbert: Unless you count my iPod Touch, which gets tons of gaming time but couldn't really be considered a "console."

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
PC/Wii, though I also have 3DS and my room mate has a PS2.

excaza
Apr 7, 2011

Ularg posted:

I don't even have a console* :(

*current gen, I've got a bunch of old ones :p

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

excaza posted:

I don't even have a console* :(

*current gen, I've got a bunch of old ones :p

poo poo, old consoles. In that case, PC, Wii, NES/SNES knockoff.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Ularg posted:

I'd guess a large majority of gamers.

I don't have a current gen console at all.

Dr_Fever
Apr 28, 2008
The last console I owned was an Atari 2600.

I guess I do have a PSP, but it only comes out for vacations.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Ularg posted:

Laptop/M11x/Xbox 360

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Two PC's / PS3 / 360. I gave my Nephew my GBA and my N64 and will trade in my old gamecube / PS2 once I find them.

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Ugh, after getting a really nice job, I thought I would finally get a console to go with my nice PC and be a ~very progressive, open-minded gamer~.

Worst decision ever.

I moved back in August and I still haven't taken my PS3 out of the box.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Ularg posted:

I am poor and massively elitist about games, so... Yeah.

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Cardboard Fox posted:

PC/PS3 for me.

Although I haven't turned on my PS3 since Red Dead Redemption came out. :(

I haven't played mine since the MK demo hit PSN.

I had a Wii for a while, but there weren't any games I liked for it so I sold it.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

As a life long PC gamer (who occasionally played on previous generation consoles) that bought an Xbox 360 about 9 months ago, I can only say that you're really not missing out on much. You might think so otherwise due to all the stupid media bullshit, but really, you're not missing out on a god damned thing. Don't waste the money like I did.

edit: Apart from the controller, but just get an xbox controller with a wire for the PC. It's flippin awesome.

Batham fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 7, 2011

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
ps3 + pc = best combo.

Bats
Sep 6, 2003

With great power comes great responsiblity...TO ROCK OUT!
I also own just a PC and a Wii. May be getting 360 as well but mostly because it's free, which I guess I'll use for console exclusives that just never ever see pc releases, tho thinking about it I'd probably own all of like 10 games for the 360, where as the PC, it's hundreds and growing.

I get their point, when you are confined to a system where you only buy a few games a year, you want your exclusives, it validates your choice and whatnot. Poor poor saps that don't know any better.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
Am I a heretic for having a PC and two consoles which are the PS3 slim and Wii? And I still have an N64 and SNES stored in a closet.

Although my Wii and PS3 are collecting dust while my PC and 3DS (which is not a console) are getting most of the attention. I still have these systems because I'm still waiting on the new Zelda and The Last Guardian. There aren't any 360 exclusives I want to play so I don't have one and I'm not getting one either.

microwave casserole
Jul 5, 2005

my god, what are you doing
I've got a PC, Wii, and PS3. PC is always great, Wii has been amazing if a little light on releases, and PS3 is an overcomplicated Blu-Ray player with some disappointing games.

I tend to go for games that are fast and movement-based, so twitchy FPSes and Mario usually do good for me. If ID slows down Rage to work better with analog sticks I don't know what I'm going to do. I wanna rocket-jump a car, dammit!

microwave casserole fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 7, 2011

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking
I have a Mac, a PS3, a 360, a Wii, and all three current handhelds, and I'm putting together a gaming PC right now.

I spend way too much money on games...

(not to mention the 10's of previous gen consoles sitting in my closet)

thetrin fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 7, 2011

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

microwave casserole posted:

Wii has been amazing if a little light on releases, and PS3 is an overcomplicated Blu-Ray player with some disappointing games.

Maybe you have a different wii and ps3 than I do.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I do really, really want to play Red Dead Redemption and Bayonetta, but I'm not about to buy a console just for those two games. I have a 360 that I got from a friend, he got it refurbished and never used it before he joined the navy. I was kinda excited for it and signed up for gamefly and queued up 20 games and it red ringed 20 minutes into the first game I tried it on. So it's been dead in a closet ever since.

Everything else that's worth playing comes out on the PC, and I've taken to emulating my PS2 collection when I want to play something consolely (can't stop playing MLB Power Pros 2008). I'm disappointed I wont play those games, but oh well! When my PC plays both Okami and Shogun 2, I can't complain too much.

edit: Oh, and I have the handhelds, but those don't really count as consoles.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Apr 7, 2011

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

microwave casserole posted:

I wanna rocket-jump a car, dammit!

Now that's the first thing I want to do in Rage when I get a car in the game. :hellyeah:

Lacunaa
Mar 26, 2010
I'm only PC as well. I'm interested in a few PS3 games (MGS, uncharted, demon souls) but I can't really justify the cost for just a few games when I have a backlog of 35 games on PC.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I am poor and massively elitist about games, so... Yeah.

This right here. Way too spergy to submit myself to the torture of console games.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

I do really, really want to play Red Dead Redemption and Bayonetta, but I'm not about to buy a console just for those two games. I have a 360 that I got from a friend, he got it refurbished and never used it before he joined the navy. I was kinda excited for it and signed up for gamefly and queued up 20 games and it red ringed 20 minutes into the first game I tried it on. So it's been dead in a closet ever since.

Everything else that's worth playing comes out on the PC, and I've taken to emulating my PS2 collection when I want to play something consolely (can't stop playing MLB Power Pros 2008). I'm disappointed I wont play those games, but oh well! When my PC plays both Okami and Shogun 2, I can't complain too much.

edit: Oh, and I have the handhelds, but those don't really count as consoles.

I used to feel the same way when my only current gen consoles were a Wii and 360, but I got my PS3 back in August and I'm a little shocked at how many amazing PS3 exclusives I've played since then. Almost all of the good American/Euro games are better on the PC, but my god the Japanese games.

Yakuza, Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, 3d Dot Heroes, Katamari Forever, Metal Gear 4, Nier, and Disgaea 4 just to name a few I've bought since then. I still spend most of my gaming time on the PC, but many of those games offer types of gameplay that are wholly unrepresented on the PC. It's why I boot up my PS3 every weekend while my 360 has only been on once since Christmas, and that was only to try out the Bulletstorm demo that hadn't come out on the PC yet.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ularg posted:

X360 and very new PC here. Got friends whose wives wont let them upgrade their computers anymore, so they have moved to 360s for gaming. Forza is an awesome driving sim as well

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
I've got a PC, 360, PS3, and Wii. I don't even play my consoles yet for some retarded reason I upgraded to the newer small 360 :signings:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Ularg posted:

Way to make me look bad guys, jeese.
There are occasionally PC games in disguise released on consoles, so you gotta be ready for that. Demon's Souls, for instance.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Node posted:

There are occasionally PC games in disguise released on consoles, so you gotta be ready for that. Demon's Souls, for instance.

I've never been happier with PS3 / PC combo, it just works so well. Sony somehow just knows I have a PC and want to hook the PS3 up to my monitor and a subwoofer / receiver for audio and supports all that out of the box.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Node posted:

What is a game like demons souls on pc? I will need to buy it asap if one exists.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

keyframe posted:

What is a game like demons souls on pc? I will need to buy it asap if one exists.

I don't think there is one. It certainly has the depth and lack of hand-holding I'm used to seeing on pc games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention

keyframe posted:

Roguelikes are to Demon's Souls like Demon's Souls is to Farmville.

• Locked thread