Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Amstrad posted:

I don't know how you went about replacing the BAR's sounds, but New Vegas is weird in that it requires custom weapon sounds to specifically be in 'Data\Sound\FX\' and then assigned to the weapon itself via Geck of course.

That's pretty lame. Hey, you have any luck getting your flamer to work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Naky posted:

That's pretty lame. Hey, you have any luck getting your flamer to work?

Haven't had a chance to work on it, just started a new job and moved and whatnot, been a busy couple of weeks and shaping up to be a busy month :(

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Amstrad posted:

Haven't had a chance to work on it, just started a new job and moved and whatnot, been a busy couple of weeks and shaping up to be a busy month :(

S'okay, I've got my hands full right now anyway for the moment. The next update's going to be frigging HUGE.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

Amstrad posted:

I don't know how you went about replacing the BAR's sounds, but New Vegas is weird in that it requires custom weapon sounds to specifically be in 'Data\Sound\FX\' and then assigned to the weapon itself via Geck of course.

I had to do some loving around in the GECK in the end, but now my BAR has sounds straight from COD 2 (which in turn I yanked from the .iwd archives in my COD 2 folder). :toot:

The older CODs had the meatiest loving BAR and Garand sounds. Dear god, I love them.

Speaking of the latter, anyone know what filepath This Machine uses? I checked the geck and it uses the normal sniper sounds, but I don't want every sniper sounding like a Garand.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Is anyone else getting a really weird glitch were most of a cell fails to load? I keep falling through the world..

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
On my new playthrough I decided to forgo MY IMMERSION that kept me away from The Armory before - it's sweet. Thanks for the hard work, Naky & co.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Teim posted:

Is anyone else getting a really weird glitch were most of a cell fails to load? I keep falling through the world..

Do you have approximately 100 mods running at the same time? Sounds like the type of thing that happens when you have too many ESPs checked.

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
I'm having a missing mesh (i think) error in Dead Money with Father Elijah. I think it's the Gauss Rifle so I deleted the retexture, but the problem still remains.

I installed my mods carefully, one at a time with a 5 minute test between them, and obeyed all the instructions. What did I do?

Here's my load order:

code:
Active Mod Files:
00  FalloutNV.esm
01  DeadMoney.esm
02  Community Bugfix Compilation Patch.esm
03  CBC Dead Money Patch.esm
04  AmmoSpreadEffectFixer.esm
05  ClassicPack.esm
06  MercenaryPack.esm
07  TribalPack.esm
08  CaravanPack.esm
09  IWR.esm
0A  rePopulated Wasteland.esm
0B  Tales from the Burning Sands.esm
0C  AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
0D  Project Nevada - Core.esm
0E  ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
0F  ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
10  Caliber.esm
11  CFWNV.esm
12  FOOK - New Vegas.esm
13  FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esm
14  Mo'.esm
15  Lings.esm
16  drgNV - Melissa Companion.esm  [Version 0.88]
17  The.Armory.esm
18  headgearfix.esp
19  DarNifiedUINV.esp
1A  CASM.esp
1B  IWR - Rebuilt.esp
1C  ParallaxRoadtrim.esp
1D  Purge Cell Buffers.esp
1E  Readius_NV.esp
1F  Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
20  NV Interiors - El Ray Motel.esp
21  NV Interiors - West Vegas Fringe.esp
22  NV Interiors - Cottonwood Cove.esp
23  RustTownV1-1.esp
24  UHNV.esp
25  UHNV-Dead Money.esp
26  UHNV-IncreasedLighting.esp
27  FOOK - New Vegas.esp
28  FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esp
29  CFWNV-FOOK.esp
2A  Mo'Guns.esp
2B  Mo'Gals.esp
2C  Mo'Suite.esp
2D  Reload.esp
2E  Rearm.esp
2F  Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
30  Existence2.0.esp
31  CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
32  ExtendedNVRadio.esp
33  Bobblehunt.esp
34  NewVegasBounties.esp
35  BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
36  LFox Bottle That Water.esp
37  Rustyhwys.esp
38  Better Binoculars High.esp
39  better that gun 223.esp
3A  Classic energy weapons.esp
3B  FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp
3C  mac10.esp
3D  Boacombat2glove.esp
3E  BOAt51b.esp
3F  Classic Midwestern Power Armor.esp
40  JRougeRangerCoats4Loot.esp
41  Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp
42  TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
43  Mo'Awop.esp
44  Mo'IPP.esp
45  SunnyCompanion.esp
46  Mo'SunnyCompanion.esp
47  drgNV - Marcus Companion.esp  [Version 0.80.1]
48  drgNV - Melissa Companion (Lings Hairstyle Add-On).esp
49  PipBoyLightx1.5.esp
4A  Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp
4B  Interior Lighting Overhaul-Realistic Interiors-Full.esp  [Version 4.1.5]
4C  WeaponModsExpanded.esp
4D  WMX-DeadMoney.esp
4E  WeaponModsExpanded_FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp
4F  WMX-ModernWeapons.esp
50  WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp
51  WMX-PreOrderPackMercenary.esp
52  Cactai of the Wastes [plugin].esp
53  ReloadCalX3-1.esp
54  MiscItemWeapons.esp
55  The.Armory.Performance.Killing.Ballistics.esp
56  The.Armory.Realism.Tweak.esp
57  The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
58  mossberg500.esp
59  LegendaryHunter.esp
5A  unlocked armors v2_2.esp
5B  NAPA-NV 0.1.esp
5C  UHNV-More Mannequins.esp
5D  ILO-RI-Rust Town.esp  [Version 1.0]
5E  ILO-RI-Dead Money.esp  [Version 1.0]

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Jesus. So, uh, I just started up my freshly-modded game a few days ago. Enjoying it nicely :v: However, when I was picking Traits in the very beginning, I saw one that looked interesting called "High Value Target," which would randomly send killers after me. Sounded fun, so I picked it. Skip ahead several hours of gunplay, and I am getting attacked by these guys. No clue why this sounded like a good idea to the creator, because the pair of guys that come after me are from the end of the game or something. Absolute bullet sponges that can snap me in two quite easily.

I'd like to remove the perk/trait altogether, but I can't seem to find any mods to edit that. Seems like something simple, but I can't find it anywhere :psyduck:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Geop posted:

I'd like to remove the perk/trait altogether, but I can't seem to find any mods to edit that. Seems like something simple, but I can't find it anywhere :psyduck:

You can probably use the console if you find the base id of the trait.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Well, the trait is from More Perks mod and the Nexus page for the mod has IDs for all the perks listed. According to that list the ID for High value target is D2EE01.

Perks and Traits can be removed with console command 'player.removeperk (perkID)'.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Flaky posted:

What is the root structure of the sounds that play when the player 'lands' after jumping, within the sound.bsa? I have tried the search function within the .bsa browser but I haven't had any luck.

Basically I am trying to make landing in power armor sound as good as the 'power armor footsteps' mod.

Definitely share when/if you finish it, the sounds bugged me too. I liked the foot sound of predator in the new AvP game, but I guess it's not mechanical enough for a suit of power armor.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Geop posted:

Jesus. So, uh, I just started up my freshly-modded game a few days ago. Enjoying it nicely :v: However, when I was picking Traits in the very beginning, I saw one that looked interesting called "High Value Target," which would randomly send killers after me. Sounded fun, so I picked it. Skip ahead several hours of gunplay, and I am getting attacked by these guys. No clue why this sounded like a good idea to the creator, because the pair of guys that come after me are from the end of the game or something. Absolute bullet sponges that can snap me in two quite easily.

This has been a common complaint. I was gonna pick it myself if I hadn't seen other posts about how BS it is. I thin most of the added traits are dumb as hell and only cool if you plan on doing a gimmick run.

If you get desperate you could disable the mod, load up the game, create a new save, exit, then turn on the mod and load up that save.

Chinaman7000 fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 8, 2011

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

I had to do some loving around in the GECK in the end, but now my BAR has sounds straight from COD 2 (which in turn I yanked from the .iwd archives in my COD 2 folder). :toot:

The older CODs had the meatiest loving BAR and Garand sounds. Dear god, I love them.

Speaking of the latter, anyone know what filepath This Machine uses? I checked the geck and it uses the normal sniper sounds, but I don't want every sniper sounding like a Garand.

You could make a new formID pointing to your new sound and have This Machine use it exclusively.

Could you upload those sounds? I always thought the M1 sounded kinda weak :shobon:

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Andrast posted:

Well, the trait is from More Perks mod and the Nexus page for the mod has IDs for all the perks listed. According to that list the ID for High value target is D2EE01.

Perks and Traits can be removed with console command 'player.removeperk (perkID)'.
Ahah! Much oblige. I was hoping the console command would work, but had no clue what the Perk ID was. Didn't think of checking its Nexus page, for some silly reason. Thanks!

Chinaman7000 --
It totally caught me unaware :psyduck: I almost killed one of 'em by kiting him away from his pal and in to a house in Primm. I then shot his gun out of his hands, stole it, and kept blasting away at him. Started using VATS on occasion since he was juking like a mad man, but, unfortunately, VATS saw fit to miss him and hit a nearby NCR guy :saddowns:

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

More Perks always seemed incredibly full of gimmicks to me, I don't think the point of the mod was ever to be balanced and immersive.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

SheepNameKiller posted:

More Perks always seemed incredibly full of gimmicks to me, I don't think the point of the mod was ever to be balanced and immersive.

Well the thing is most mods don't go beyond the "I have a cool idea" phase to reach the "that is also beneficial to gameplay" phase.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

~armory data file chat~

On the next push of the internal build I plan to make unique sound entries for each and every weapon.

Not necessarily new sounds (they'll all link to the vanilla sound directories), but there'll be unique concrete sound entries. So if anyone wants to make a sound pack for each and every gun, they can do so by simply just editing the sound entries without having to modify the stats and update the weapon entries themselves when they're updated.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

This Machine has it's own unique formID, so if you change the sounds for it through the GECK it'll only effect that weapon.

InvisibleHand
Aug 23, 2009
Nap Ghost
Has anyone encountered, and possibly resolved, a problem where the game will crash when moving from an interior location to an exterior one? I can move around the wasteland itself with no problems but if I'm transitioning a lot between areas its inevitable that my game will crash at the loading screen. I can't even begin to imagine which mod might be causing this particular problem. Any help is appreciated.

My load order:

code:
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] Community Bugfix Compilation Patch.esm
[X] CBC Dead Money Patch.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] Caliber.esm
[X] rePopulated Wasteland.esm
[X] iHUD.esm
[X] SCAV.esm
[X] Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
[X] WME - Dead Money.esm
[X] Tales from the Burning Sands.esm
[X] More Perks.esm
[X] More Perks for Companions.esm
[X] More Perks for Dead Money.esm
[X] More Traits.esm
[X] ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
[X] ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
[X] DarNifiedUINV.esp
[X] Readius_NV.esp
[X] RCSS.esp
[X] IRCSS.esp
[X] LFox Bottle That Water.esp
[X] FacePresets1.esp
[X] dad_goes2vegas.esp
[X] familiar_faces_guys.esp
[X] Color Me Evil.esp
[X] Color Me Evil - Cass.esp
[X] ExtendedNVRadio.esp
[X] Existence2.0.esp
[X] w44Satchels - Full.esp
[X] More Perks Update.esp
[X] More Perks for Companions Update.esp
[X] More Perks for Dead Money Update.esp
[X] More Traits Update.esp
[X] FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp
[X] AirForceArmorT57C.esp
[X] Warlord Armor.esp
[X] unlocked armors v2_2.esp
[X] PipLantern.esp
[X] LegendaryHunter.esp
[X] THOR.esp
[X] better that gun 223.esp
[X] old vaquero includes that gun.esp
[X] that gun holdout.esp
[X] Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
[X] WME - Dead Money.esp
[X] Realistic_Repair_NV.esp
[X] dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
[X] dD-Smaller Wounds.esp
[X] dD-Reduced Ragdoll Force.esp
[X] dD-Reduced Dismember Force.esp
[X] dD-Smaller Spatters Realistic.esp
[X] dD-More Gore.esp
[X] UWHNV-Core.esp
[X] UHNV.esp
[X] UHNV-More Mannequins.esp
[X] UHNV-Dead Money.esp
[X] NewVegasBounties.esp
[X] NewVegasBountiesII.esp
[X] Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
[X] SDs Lucky 38 Suite Trophies.esp
[X] The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp
[X] Companion Sandbox Mode.esp
[X] Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp
[X] Interior Lighting Overhaul-Realistic Interiors-Full.esp
[X] ILO-RI-Original Lucky38 Suite.esp
[X] ILO-RI-Dead Money.esp
[X] Purge Cell Buffers.esp
[X] BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp
[X] ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp
[X] MP 1.esp

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

Capn Beeb posted:

You could make a new formID pointing to your new sound and have This Machine use it exclusively.

Could you upload those sounds? I always thought the M1 sounded kinda weak :shobon:

How would I go about doing that?

And gladly - I doubt a single wav file that's 1.5 seconds long counts as :filez: to anyone other than the nexus admins :v:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

How would I go about doing that?

And gladly - I doubt a single wav file that's 1.5 seconds long counts as :filez: to anyone other than the nexus admins :v:

Nexus is hosed. They go on about copyrights and poo poo and completely ignore the equally important aspect of trademark infringement all the while ignoring 'popular' packs like Ahztek's that actually contain commercial assets from EA's BF2142 and Counterstrike. Then they celebrate because they think they have permission to use STALKER's assets, when they're clearly too stupid to read that they have tacit permission IF the person(s) using the assets already own the game(s) in question and IF Bethesda also gives permission to use those assets in theirs (something Bethesda has already frowned upon).

The system is so utterly hosed it's mindblowing. At least I fully admit I'm infringing just about everything out there, but it's sad to see a bunch of people thinking they're being legit about everything when it's quite the opposite.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

Naky posted:

The system is so utterly hosed it's mindblowing. At least I fully admit I'm infringing just about everything out there, but it's sad to see a bunch of people thinking they're being legit about everything when it's quite the opposite.

I never really understood why game devs hated that poo poo so much - I can understand being against piracy proper, but I sincerely doubt AAA Title Of The Year Goes Here will lose any sales because someone ported a few models to a gamebryo game.

Eh, oh well. Rules are rules, et cetera.

But yeah, how would I go about loving with the form ID of a sound? I have no idea how to make things a TESSound.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

I never really understood why game devs hated that poo poo so much - I can understand being against piracy proper, but I sincerely doubt AAA Title Of The Year Goes Here will lose any sales because someone ported a few models to a gamebryo game.

I think it's more that they're worried they might get sued over it by the models' creators. I mean it's highly unlikely, but usually legal departments like to cover their asses rather than just assuming it will all work out.

Though really I don't know why people keep ripping models from STALKER and such. If they know HOW to model, why not just make the models themselves? Gun shapes really aren't that complicated compared to people.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Though really I don't know why people keep ripping models from STALKER and such. If they know HOW to model, why not just make the models themselves? Gun shapes really aren't that complicated compared to people.

Convenience. The modeling isn't hard - any one can it after watching a few tutorials and dedicating the time to it. The hard part is the UV mapping afterwards and then doing quality texturing. Ripping out assets from other games have all this done already. Go to any number of modeling resource sites out there - tons of models can be had for free and 95% of then are not mapped or skinned. Just the way it is.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I think it's more that they're worried they might get sued over it by the models' creators. I mean it's highly unlikely, but usually legal departments like to cover their asses rather than just assuming it will all work out.

That's what I meant - I just don't get why a game company would get pissy about some 14 year old taking an outfit or gun and porting it over. I can understand taking action if it was basically the entire game converted, but a thing or two carried over doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

Now to see if I can get my sounds working...

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It's mostly a :effort: thing. Just look at the model rips that Naky had to fix up. People won't even copy poo poo properly if it saves them a few minutes and gets their name onto the nexus faster.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

SheepNameKiller posted:

Do you have approximately 100 mods running at the same time? Sounds like the type of thing that happens when you have too many ESPs checked.

Only around 10 or so. I'm testing it out with a fresh install.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Speaking of ripping other peoples' work, here is a Recoil ESP which is Earache's script and poo poo stripped from the Book of Earache mod (so no other bullshit.) Use this with the Manual Reload and Project Nevada, and suddenly New Vegas gun play is pretty sweet.

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
It's especially hypocritical when the default textures are practically placeholders. The cowboy repeater, .357, 9mm, the list goes on.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."
How can I undelete something in GECK? I was tweaking the Armory, and I deleted the Smith & Wesson Mk.22 by accident. Is there any way of getting back?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Ace Oliveira posted:

How can I undelete something in GECK? I was tweaking the Armory, and I deleted the Smith & Wesson Mk.22 by accident. Is there any way of getting back?

Did you save it? If not, just exit without saving and reload. If you did, you could probably copy and paste it from the original to your version in FNVEdit.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

InvisibleHand posted:

Has anyone encountered, and possibly resolved, a problem where the game will crash when moving from an interior location to an exterior one? I can move around the wasteland itself with no problems but if I'm transitioning a lot between areas its inevitable that my game will crash at the loading screen. I can't even begin to imagine which mod might be causing this particular problem. Any help is appreciated.

This could very well be the pip lantern. When I had that installed if I was in an interior with the pip lantern on and left the game would crash. It would work fine if the the lantern was off when I tried to leave though.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

I'm sure it has something to do with copyright law and the need to aggressively defend it in order for it to be valid, I dunno though, and in the case of some games it does kind of make me angry because people could do some decent remakes if they were given free reign to do what they want with the assets :(

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Gyshall posted:

Speaking of ripping other peoples' work, here is a Recoil ESP which is Earache's script and poo poo stripped from the Book of Earache mod (so no other bullshit.) Use this with the Manual Reload and Project Nevada, and suddenly New Vegas gun play is pretty sweet.
you're the best

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

SheepNameKiller posted:

I'm sure it has something to do with copyright law and the need to aggressively defend it in order for it to be valid, I dunno though, and in the case of some games it does kind of make me angry because people could do some decent remakes if they were given free reign to do what they want with the assets :(

Actually the whole thing about "If you don't enforce your copyright, it becomes invalid" is a widely held misconception. There's no law that says if you don't crack down on every instance of copyright infringement your work becomes public domain. You can choose to enforce or not enforce on a case by case basis. If you deliberately FORFEIT your copyright, then it becomes public domain, but simply choosing not to pursue a particular instance of infringement isn't interpreted as forfeiting your rights.

Though I suppose the belief that this is true might still make a company fairly aggressive about protecting their IP.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Can I suggest this Acoustic guitar to go with the Electric guitar in The Armory? Also I'm trying to find a "guitar smacking someone" sound effect for it to no avail.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Gyshall posted:

Can I suggest this Acoustic guitar to go with the Electric guitar in The Armory? Also I'm trying to find a "guitar smacking someone" sound effect for it to no avail.

Try mixing a hollow impact sound with a string-popping noise. I'd try to find and mix it myself but I'm on a school computer and am not equipped with even audacity.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Gyshall posted:

Also I'm trying to find a "guitar smacking someone" sound effect for it to no avail.

If you're not opposed to stealing assets from other games, L4D2 has a guitar melee weapon with around a dozen hit sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoticon
May 8, 2007
;)

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Though I suppose the belief that this is true might still make a company fairly aggressive about protecting their IP.

I think most companies keep their assets close to their chest to prevent people from remaking their game on a similar engine (for example, giving owners of New Vegas a free copy of Fallout 3 by porting all the content over).

They also won't give blanket permission for IP or asset use because someone is just going to use their art and turn it into a gimp suit or dildo for furries, and they don't want to be associated with that poo poo.