Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IronLionZion13
Aug 18, 2006
Like lamb and tuna fish
I just posted a separate thread for this not realizing this bad boy was for Openings as well. My company Meebo is looking for JavaScript Engineers in San Francisco or NYC ASAP.... check out the thread for more details (I'll probably be checking that one for replies more than this one).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3402911

Come work for an awesome place!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesbianJesus
Oct 28, 2003

by toby
Random Stab In The Dark Here

Canadian Computer/Network Service Technicians looking for top level pay in a City of 22,000 people in the middle of nowhere. Here's the formal job advert.

Senior Service Technician and Consultant.

This is a dynamic rewarding position for experienced candidates. Candidates for this job will like to be constantly challenged in their employment as well as fully support by their employer.

The ideal candidate will have 5 or more years experience maintaining and servicing Windows-based small business and Windows-based enterprise environments. The candidate will have excellent assessment and analytical skills, and will be pursuing or have completed basic industry certifications (substitute experience may be considered). This candidate will have an aptitude for managing customer expectations and a strong customer service ethic. This candidate will be willing and able to pursue further major certifications at the company’s request.

This position is located in a small northern city and involves servicing systems and networks both in the immediate area, and throughout the western Arctic. Therefore, willingness to travel is a requirement of the position. This company is a growing service company with a friendly work environment and a serious commitment to customer service and service processes.

The candidate will receive ongoing training and support and excellent compensation with bonuses, dependent on performance.

LesbianJesus fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Apr 9, 2011

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Depending on the details, I might actually consider moving to Whitehorse. I've spent the past 10 years in IT doing desktop support work and I'm damned good at it. I haven't done that much server support but I'm a quick study. PM me the details.

Only problem is my wife and I are in Toronto right now and we'd have to relocate. It'd have to be a decent job for us to make this kind of move. Any work for her by any chance? She's got her Bachelors of Mathematics from UW, did 3 semesters of IT Support for her college co-op credits and now she does construction, which she'd want to keep doing during the summers.

LesbianJesus
Oct 28, 2003

by toby
All candidates considered, drop me a message.

It's a tough place to find a math job, but the stats Bureau might take her.

Cost of housing is about the same as say Milton (now there is a boom), but the income is 30% higher.

EvilJoven posted:

Depending on the details, I might actually consider moving to Whitehorse. I've spent the past 10 years in IT doing desktop support work and I'm damned good at it. I haven't done that much server support but I'm a quick study. PM me the details.

Only problem is my wife and I are in Toronto right now and we'd have to relocate. It'd have to be a decent job for us to make this kind of move. Any work for her by any chance? She's got her Bachelors of Mathematics from UW, did 3 semesters of IT Support for her college co-op credits and now she does construction, which she'd want to keep doing during the summers.

dolicf
Sep 12, 2010

duz posted:

Why are all the Texas goons with job openings in Austin or Dallas? You bums :argh:

My experience: 5+ years of PHP & Javascript (less of Python and Perl), ~4 of Linux server admining
What I'm looking for: Pref. a programming job, otherwise server admin/combo of both
What I'm NOT looking for: Help desk type work
Where I live: San Antonio, TX
Where I'm looking: San Antonio, TX
When I can start: Whenever
Requirements: Salaried with benefits
Can be reached via: ben@dq5studios.com
Resume available on request

Have you looked at Rackspace at all? They're based in SA and are constantly hiring.

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.

dolicf posted:

Have you looked at Rackspace at all? They're based in SA and are constantly hiring.

It's near impossible to get in there, at least I have had little luck and my resume certainly outclasses the jobs I applied for. I even had a few friends try to say something for me.

Dunno man, maybe its just me, but Rackspace has kinda made me bitter with their nepotism.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bardlebee posted:

It's near impossible to get in there, at least I have had little luck and my resume certainly outclasses the jobs I applied for. I even had a few friends try to say something for me.

Dunno man, maybe its just me, but Rackspace has kinda made me bitter with their nepotism.

Is it a certifications issue? I distinctly remember Rackspace's claim to fame that virtually everyone there is certified in at least one (if not more) thing(s) relevant to their job title.

Anything beyond that gets into personal speculation and also I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say on the subject due to past employment, so I'll just hush now. :)

Edit: VV that might also be it.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 8, 2011

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Bardlebee posted:

Keep in mind if your resume is really great and you have a lot of experience they might not want to hire you because you'll cost them too much and that's not the type of person they're looking for. I know personally when I've had openings for lower end techs I tended to ignore/throw out the resumes that have lots of experience because I was looking for guys that would work cheap and wanted to get experience.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I know this is a long shot, but why not give it a try.

My experience: Pretty much my whole life working on PCs, did network support for Maine's Revenue service for a 6 month contract, a lot of freelance stuff, currently working in a terribly low-paying computer repair shop.
What I'm looking for: Some kind of PC repair/support position that actually pays more than $8.00/hr and maybe has some kind of benefits or something.
What I'm NOT looking for: National ISP tech support. I was a CSR for MSN for six months and it scarred me.
Where I live: Central Louisiana
Where I'm looking: Anywhere. I don't really have any money to relocate but I'm willing and ready to do so if I can find some kind of foothold in a new place. I know people in New Orleans so I can probably get some help setting up in that area.
When I can start: Two weeks notice + as long as it takes me to get wherever I'm going.
Requirements: Health insurance would be awfully nice.
Can be reached via: This thread, PM, jbelton@gmail.com

I don't have any degrees or certs because I am broke as gently caress. I am a quick study if you have some kind of specialty job (supporting specific software, for example) and I'm drat good at PC repair and troubleshooting. I can do a little programming and I know Linux pretty well and MacOS a little. I currently spend all day removing viruses, taking apart laptops, and reinstalling Windows. I love my current job and the only reason I'm leaving is because I can't get guaranteed full time hours and the pay is awful. I like working with people and am not the stereotypical anti-social goon. I have no criminal record and I don't drink or do drugs, which makes me a unique individual in some places.

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:

Steve Slavery posted:

Keep in mind if your resume is really great and you have a lot of experience they might not want to hire you because you'll cost them too much and that's not the type of person they're looking for. I know personally when I've had openings for lower end techs I tended to ignore/throw out the resumes that have lots of experience because I was looking for guys that would work cheap and wanted to get experience.

Yeah, a couple of my coworkers went to them @ SA and their resumes are pretty stock, the place I work at was their first real tech job and they were looking to relocate. I tried to apply for a 3rd shift racker position in suburban Chicago but I found a better job in the city.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Gilok posted:

What I'm looking for: Some kind of PC repair/support position that actually pays more than $8.00/hr and maybe has some kind of benefits or something.

This right here is why IT workers need to stand up for themselves and start demanding better wages. Society as a whole has accepted the fact we rely extensively on desktop PCs to make our daily lives function yet in the past decade, being a desktop repair tech has gone from being at least a decent working class living to poverty level wages.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

dolicf posted:

Eventually, since they're always hiring, unless I had a referral, I was going to hold off a bit until I tried a few other places first.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

EvilJoven posted:

This right here is why IT workers need to stand up for themselves and start demanding better wages. Society as a whole has accepted the fact we rely extensively on desktop PCs to make our daily lives function yet in the past decade, being a desktop repair tech has gone from being at least a decent working class living to poverty level wages.

I believe the proper job title is Computer Janitor.

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.

Kyrosiris posted:

Is it a certifications issue? I distinctly remember Rackspace's claim to fame that virtually everyone there is certified in at least one (if not more) thing(s) relevant to their job title.

Anything beyond that gets into personal speculation and also I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say on the subject due to past employment, so I'll just hush now. :)

Edit: VV that might also be it.

I have a CCNA, A+, Net+, Sec+, 5 Years IT experience.

The jobs I was applying for was for Network Engineer in which they asked for 18 months of experience or 6 months of experience on some. I have a year and a half experience... so I am pretty much an ideal candidate. I even have a Bachelors degree, which they "Preferred". I have applied multiple times and had multiple people vouche for me, though they weren't in high up places or anything.

I dunno man, I would enjoy the work environment and I know my stuff... I have not so much as gotten a call...

EDIT: Having all that said, I haven't had any problems getting calls for Network Engineering positions, though most are contract to hire or just contract.

Bardlebee fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 8, 2011

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bardlebee posted:

I have a CCNA, A+, Net+, Sec+, 5 Years IT experience.

The jobs I was applying for was for Network Engineer in which they asked for 18 months of experience or 6 months of experience on some. I have a year and a half experience... so I am pretty much an ideal candidate. I even have a Bachelors degree, which they "Preferred". I have applied multiple times and had multiple people vouche for me, though they weren't in high up places or anything.

I dunno man, I would enjoy the work environment and I know my stuff... I have not so much as gotten a call...

EDIT: Having all that said, I haven't had any problems getting calls for Network Engineering positions, though most are contract to hire or just contract.

Wow, that bites. Sorry to hear. :(

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

New job posting where I work -

Abercrombie & Fitch Corporate headquarters in Columbus, OH

Job Description

Sr. Security Analyst
Description

This position requires strong organizational, technical, and communication skills. Candidate will lead security initiatives for an international specialty retail organization. The purpose of the Information Security function is to assess, manage, and improve the organization's IT risk management process. Candidate will be required to provide 24x7 on-call security support when assigned to do so.

Responsibilities:
·Leads security initiatives using a variety of tools and processes
·Maintaining and supporting security tools - VPN with multi-factor authentication, Security configuration management, antivirus administration, Web Application Firewals, Information Security Awareness, Web Application Source Code Analysis, Encryption keys/certificate management, email and web security, vulnerability management, file integirity monitoring, wireless security, SIEM

· Assists with compliance requirements, including PCI, SOX, and various internal and external audits
·Work with IT and business leadership to refine the information security program in a way that supports & enables the business
· Drive the security of emerging technologies, including virtualization, cloud computing, mobile computing, and social media

Qualifications

· A Bachelors degree from an accredited 4 year university
· At least 3-5 years of full-time work experience in information security, preferably with hands on familiarity of security tools
· Solid understanding of industry standard leading practices and security tool administration
· Information security qualifications, such as CISSP or CISM a plus
· Must be intelligent, articulate, and be able to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
· Absolutely trustworthy with high standards of personal integrity
· Personal attributes: confident, self-starter, strong work ethic, highly motivated, sense of humor, a winning 'can-do' attitude, team-oriented.

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location OH-Columbus

Schedule Full-time

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.

EvilJoven posted:

I think a large reason why wages have plummeted for desktop repair is mainly in part to new generations coming into the work field. I mean, a lot of desktop repair can be googled or you may know a kid down the street they call a "computer guru". In the beginning when PC's were new and fresh, finding those with skills was tough. However, times have changed and every kid on the street builds their own custom PC and its gotten to the point where fixing and building PC's is a hobby.

Yes, it does take some extra knowledge, but the skills needed pales in comparison to something like Network Design, Network Administration, or Programming. Having that said, 8 bucks an hour is still a crime. Though I wouldn't be shocked by :10bux: an hour.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Bardlebee posted:

Yes, it does take some extra knowledge, but the skills needed pales in comparison to something like Network Design, Network Administration, or Programming. Having that said, 8 bucks an hour is still a crime. Though I wouldn't be shocked by :10bux: an hour.

It also does not help that temp agencies have flooded the market either. You cannot do a search on a job board these days without getting 20 different temp agencies trying to get your resume. Most of these either don't exist or will gleefully accept whoever will take the lowest wage.

ptier
Jul 2, 2007

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
Pillbug

Bardlebee posted:

I think a large reason why wages have plummeted for desktop repair is mainly in part to new generations coming into the work field. I mean, a lot of desktop repair can be googled or you may know a kid down the street they call a "computer guru". In the beginning when PC's were new and fresh, finding those with skills was tough. However, times have changed and every kid on the street builds their own custom PC and its gotten to the point where fixing and building PC's is a hobby.

Especially if you are near a college. When I needed work right after college I worked IT for the Vet School connected to the main university. It was "part-time" read 40 hours, no benefits at $10 an hour. We were computer techs and also tasked with software support for the internal homegrown application, and monitoring the network and handing off bigger issues to the network guys for the campus. I will say though, I loved the atmosphere and the people I worked with, I had to move on because they couldn't offer me a benefitted position that paid more and the bugetpocolypse happened (late 2008) so nothing was going to happen for a long time.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Gearhead posted:

It also does not help that temp agencies have flooded the market either. You cannot do a search on a job board these days without getting 20 different temp agencies trying to get your resume. Most of these either don't exist or will gleefully accept whoever will take the lowest wage.

I was interviewing for a contract position the other day and found out the temp agency was taking a 50% cut.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

revmoo posted:

I was interviewing for a contract position the other day and found out the temp agency was taking a 50% cut.

Whoa. What was the position?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

spaceship posted:

Whoa. What was the position?

Web development. They were going to charge the company $50 per hour and pay me $25.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

revmoo posted:

Is that about normal? I just interviewed for a contract position (Electrical Engineering and Software Development) and if it does come through they'd pay me something like $55 an hour and charge around $90 an hour to the client. I have no idea what the going rates are.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Might be normal but it's sure as hell unethical and unsustainable.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

revmoo posted:

Web development. They were going to charge the company $50 per hour and pay me $25.
A friend told me of interviewing with another temp company where they were going to charge the company $20 and pay him $13 but he would still be responsible for paying taxes as if he were receiving $20 because of some way their accounting was architected (he would get paid $20 but $7 would automatically get deducted for their placement fee?).

It still seems completely unbelievable to me and I'm convinced he must have misunderstood somehow.

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

A friend told me of interviewing with another temp company where they were going to charge the company $20 and pay him $13 but he would still be responsible for paying taxes as if he were receiving $20 because of some way their accounting was architected (he would get paid $20 but $7 would automatically get deducted for their placement fee?).

It still seems completely unbelievable to me and I'm convinced he must have misunderstood somehow.

Well, the market for these staffing companies I think will be strong in IT forever. The thing I have been using staffers for is to break the glass ceiling. What I mean is, in IT there are to many moments where you go "I am in Help Desk, how do I become a Network Admin without experience?", then "I am a Network Admin, how do I become <fill in other profession> without experience". Getting that first IT job is either a really lovely full time job. Or a contract to hire position, or a contract that gives you experience.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
On this side of the pond it's about 15% but I think the lower the wage the higher the percentage. We have very good sales people who gouge the agents down though so I think it's basically what they can get away with.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That could well be true, however he should be able to claim the entire $7 as tax deductible if tax is any way like it is over here in the UK, as he's essentially paying the agency for the service.

From the hiring side, agencies suck big balls but if you try and advertise yourself you are flooded with unsuitable CVs, spam, and people in south Asia trying to find work abroad. Unless the company is large enough to have a dedicated recruitment department agencies are the way forward (I will however continue to post recruitment ads here even if no one responds to them because I hate having to deal with agents).

Betjeman fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 8, 2011

dolicf
Sep 12, 2010

duz posted:

Eventually, since they're always hiring, unless I had a referral, I was going to hold off a bit until I tried a few other places first.

Are you a wiener? If not, I might be able to help out here. Check out the jobs on http://rackertalent.com. If there's something you're interested in (and qualified for, please!), feel free to shoot me an email with the job, your resume and a bit about yourself and I'll see what I can do.

derian at gmail

It's an amazing place to work.

Edit: This goes for anyone else looking at Rackspace, too. If you're not a giant turd and you're qualified for the job, hit me up and if you seem like a good fit, I'd be happy to get you going. They love referrals. Something like 60% of new hires are referrals, and we've been hiring roughly 100 people a month for at least a couple years with no signs of slowing.

dolicf fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 9, 2011

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

dolicf posted:

Are you a wiener? If not, I might be able to help out here. Check out the jobs on http://rackertalent.com. If there's something you're interested in (and qualified for, please!), feel free to shoot me an email with the job, your resume and a bit about yourself and I'll see what I can do.

derian at gmail

It's an amazing place to work.

Edit: This goes for anyone else looking at Rackspace, too. If you're not a giant turd and you're qualified for the job, hit me up and if you seem like a good fit, I'd be happy to get you going. They love referrals. Something like 60% of new hires are referrals, and we've been hiring roughly 100 people a month for at least a couple years with no signs of slowing.

Are you in SA? I have a few former coworkers over there. I think it would be a great place to work but I need to ask questions about the environment. Mind if I shoot you an email?

LesbianJesus
Oct 28, 2003

by toby
I think a large reason why wages have plummeted for desktop repair is mainly in part to new generations coming into the work field. I mean, a lot of desktop repair can be googled or you may know a kid down the street they call a "computer guru". In the beginning when PC's were new and fresh, finding those with skills was tough.......

I don't know, I live in world if I'm billing someone $75 and hour and the tech is an expert at the job he is going to get $25.00 and on-site we bill $120, same principal. If we are worth that to the customer it is because of the person doing the job.

On the other hand we're in an economic boom.

LesbianJesus fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Apr 10, 2011

dolicf
Sep 12, 2010

skipdogg posted:

Are you in SA? I have a few former coworkers over there. I think it would be a great place to work but I need to ask questions about the environment. Mind if I shoot you an email?

I sure am. Shoot away.

BoNNo530
Mar 18, 2002

I hate to be annoying, but we still have not filled this!

Please note: If you have a CCNA and experience with Cisco routing and switching, please apply. If you have Call Manager/Unity experience you need to apply RIGHT NOW

PM/IM me with any questions

Even if you don't think you fit the description, apply anyway, it doesn't have to be senior level. JUST HAVE A CCNA AND EXPERIENCE!!

Who we are: A large nationwide Oncology company
Where we are: HQ is in FT Myers, FL

Job Title: Senior Network Admin
Description:

PURPOSE:
The Senior Network Administrator will have overall responsibility for maintaining network systems and services including routers, switches, firewall, VPN, CoS/QoS, VoIP, and other IP devices. The Senior Network Administrator is responsible for maintaining service levels for all critical applications by installing, upgrading, configuring and troubleshooting as required. The Senior Network Administrator will assist and/or lead the development and/or enhancement of procedures and/or methodologies to achieve optimum performance, security, delivery, and continuity of network services. The Senior Network Administrator will install and maintain LAN, WAN, and telecommunication equipment and recommend the purchase of hardware, software and telecommunication equipment as necessary. The Senior Network Administrator will train users on LAN operations as necessary. Must be able to travel domestically. This position currently reports to the Director of IT Operations.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

* Maintain a large nationwide LAN/WAN environment
* Perform network performance monitoring and tuning
* Recommend, perform, and coordinate upgrades to network software and hardware which may require after hours and weekend work.
* Manage all networking projects including voice/data circuit installation and operation, CoS/QoS initiatives, monitoring and timely problem resolution
* Maintain telephone systems (PBX) in cooperation with outside vendors
* Implement appropriate levels of network security
* Assist with development and maintenance of IT Disaster Recovery plans, security policies, etc.
* Document network configuration

REQUIREMENTS:

* 3+ years of hands-on experience supporting a large nationwide Cisco LAN/WAN environment is required
* Experience with Cisco Call Manager configuration and support preferred
* Experience with non-Cisco telephone systems/ PBX
* Experience with managing telecom service providers
* Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, problems solving skills required
* Strong understanding of Windows networking in an enterprise environment
* Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal presentation and time management skills
* Must work well in a team environment

EDUCATION:

* Bachelor's Degree in IT or related field, or equivalent experience
* A minimum of CCNA certification is required

APPLY RIGHT HERE NOW: http://www.21stcenturyoncology.com/careers/Non-Physician-Job-Opportunities.aspx

scroll down to Senior Network Admin

If you apply, please im/pm me right away!!

BoNNo530 fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Apr 10, 2011

LesbianJesus
Oct 28, 2003

by toby
I need a better job description. Anyone any good at writing them, I have lots of details... if you're jobless and good at this then maybe have a 30 minute job for you ?

Fish Ladder Theory
Jun 7, 2005

Reposting this, still open! Our current web guy is leaving tomorrow and we really need to find someone qualified to take over. I think even a recent graduate who can demonstrate strong PHP/web design skills has a good chance of scoring this.

Chatsworth, CA (LA area)

http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=1536748&trk=jobs_share_tw

email me before you apply, m robb @ currietech .com

Bukanza
Sep 28, 2001
Edit: Position filled

Bukanza fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 19, 2011

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

asd

bad news bareback fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Feb 3, 2023

Radnor
Dec 11, 2002

Octoparrot is watching you.
Who are we?
Groundspeak. We run geocaching.com, waymarking.com, and whereigo.com.

Where are we?
Seattle, WA in Fremont. We have a geocache in our lobby that you can visit for free (by appointment only)!

What are we looking for?
We have a number of dev & test positions, all of which can be found on this jobs page.

* Community Relations Specialist and Guest Services Coordinator
* Development Manager
* Software Design Engineer in Test (SDET)
* User Experience Designer

We're a typical Microsoft shop running on .NET / IIS / SQL Server. Depending on where you apply you could be programming in Java, Cocoa, VB.NET, or C#. Or if you're some sort of genius, all four.

How do I apply?
Go to http://www.groundspeak.com/jobs.aspx and email me, kevin at groundspeak.com, if you have any questions.

Anything else?
We have awesome benefits and everyone is super nice. Free lunch, free drinks, free snacks, and even free ski lift tickets when the season is open!

Every employee, or lackey, has a little avatar designed for them. Of course mine is the one wearing the Creepy Horse Mask.

Radnor fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jun 7, 2012

internetpizza
May 8, 2007

Oh man, grownups and their sleazy conversations!

Radnor posted:

Who are we?
Groundspeak.

Sent you guys a resume, thanks for listing this!

e: gonna update my info here for people to see.

I'm in my last year or so of my Software Engineering degree, and I'm trying to find a paid internship for this coming summer OR a full time position around August (The classes I need to graduate are offered during both summer and fall term, so staying here for the summer to finish up is an option if I can't find an internship).

My experience: C++, C#, C, some Oracle SQL/PLSQL, SQL Server, PERL, and a small amount of Assembly. I also have a lot of experience building and repairing PCs (virus removal, general troubleshooting, etc).
What I'm looking for: Anything related to the software design and development process. Anything with PC troubleshooting or repair alongside software development is cool, too.
What I'm NOT looking for: Dedicated help desk/tech support.
Where I live: Central Oregon during December and the summer months, southern Oregon during the school year.
Where I'm looking: At this point I'm pretty open to going anywhere, and have the financial resources required to relocate.
When I can start: Mid-June 2011 for internships, mid-August for full-time positions.
Requirements: Benefits are always a plus.
Can be reached via: jaketeaford at gmail dot com OR jacob dot teaford at oit dot edu.

Thanks!

internetpizza fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 19, 2011

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Might as well try:

My experience: 2 years desktop PC repair, home/small office networking. Most of my experience is personal, and deals with hardware and setting up small networks with access points.
What I'm looking for: A job working with a company that will assist with certifications and advancement, and offers opportunities to learn and expand my resume.
What I'm NOT looking for: A part time job
Where I live: Star, NC
Where I'm looking: Anywhere along the I73/I74 corridor (Greensboro to Rockingham), east to as far as Fayetteville/Sanford area, west to Concord. I'd like to stay within an hour driving distance to this area. Areas outside this may be considered.
When I can start: Immediately
Requirements: Insurance.
Can be reached via: jrussell4@triad.rr.com, PMs here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yaoza
Jul 29, 2003

Who are we?
The Playforge - creators of the extremely popular iPhone game Zombie Farm.

Where are we?
Bay Area, CA - San Mateo to be exact

What are we looking for?
Game developers (iOS) and software engineers, details found here:
http://theplayforge.com/jobs.html

How do I apply?
The jobs email on the jobs page linked above (or PM me here)

More!
Great benefits, free snacks, free meals, a ping pong table and tons of video games!

edit: new website up

yaoza fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 9, 2011