Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

All cats are shelter cats, except one

Emmy & Dexter, sister & brother. Emmy has since become insane and lives in the basement, is deathly afraid of all humans unless she’s on the perch by the basement window. Then & only then can she be touched. And purrs like crazy.

Boxer. Dumbest cat I’ve ever had. Loveable, gets along with everyone. Thinks the refrigerator = the outdoors. He’ll stay in there for hours if we let him.

His best bud is Noodles.

Behold, Sparky the Wonder Cat. So named because he was run over by a van in 1999 and managed to avoid any injury, emerging with only an oil streak down his back and a healthy fear of moving vehicles. He routinely loses cat fights and has cost us a fortune in vet bills to treat abscesses to his caboose & tail. He runs about twenty pounds.

Finally, we have Mehitabel. She is not a shelter cat. I found her in the middle of Hicks St. in Philadelphia in August 2009, barely eight weeks old, starving and balding.

(ten minutes after I found her)

She returned the favor of rescue by giving everyone I know, and their pets, a banging case of ringworm.

She tips the scales at just under five pounds and takes no crap from anyone. She will eat styrofoam if it's not kept away from her, which I think is a sad legacy from her time on the streets.

Since she won the lottery, she has expressed no desire to go outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
More of our three. Farlow the brown mutt, is 5 months now, Honey is the Westy (4 years) and Kipsie is the Scottie (8 years).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yrot5CWzKQ

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Since I posted my cat being an idiot in the idiot thread, I thought I should post a picture of her being nice here.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
My new (still nameless) cat! He is very cuddly and sweet, follows me everywhere and has decided that he sleeps where I sleep. Or, rather, he sleeps on me where I sleep -- I think we'll get along quite well :)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Flump! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is Marvin. He's approaching 3.

The day I adopted him, he was much skinnier.

But he hasn't gotten fat or anything, he's just grown into his frame nicely. He watches me from atop the bookshelf all day, but sometimes wants to join my lap.

He also used to play fetch, but doesn't anymore:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7AB6ri3D3g

KioskNinja
Dec 26, 2005
Better than winning a Gold Medal at the Special Olympics!!

Sheva, my son and Noble.
They are his bests buddies.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

PainterofCrap posted:

Finally, we have Mehitabel. She is not a shelter cat. I found her in the middle of Hicks St. in Philadelphia in August 2009, barely eight weeks old, starving and balding.

She returned the favor of rescue by giving everyone I know, and their pets, a banging case of ringworm.

She tips the scales at just under five pounds and takes no crap from anyone. She will eat styrofoam if it's not kept away from her, which I think is a sad legacy from her time on the streets.

Since she won the lottery, she has expressed no desire to go outside.

I am not at all ashamed to say that I teared up at this. She looked so sad and pitiful and sickly :ohdear: but now she has a good home :3: . You are a good person.

Edit: Eep, I'd better post a picture.

This is Eris on my dirty kitchen floor, wondering why I haven't given her fresh water in the last 10 minutes :argh:. I used to fix computers for people as a side job, and at one point a woman asked me if I knew anyone who would like a cat -- there was a very affectionate stray who was hanging around her back yard.

She was almost a year old when I adopted her, and she'd already been spayed (though no microchip). She had definitely been raised by people, but was abandoned for some reason. She's a beautiful cat and she coos like a pigeon much more often than she meows :3:

Also pictured: a fantastic cat toy, also known as a hair tie to some people.

Lysidas fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 25, 2011

cranky pomme
Dec 30, 2008

Ahh! Here he comes!
My cat Misty, who only likes me and constantly rubs her butt in my face. She needs a good brushing, and she's getting on in age--about 12 years old. But when she's not being mean, she is the sweetest little attention whore in the world.

Just found out my family is getting a puppy in May! So excited--we're mostly cat people, but my younger brother and sister aren't. Too bad I just moved out. :saddowns:

chinchilla
May 1, 2010

In their native habitat, chinchillas live in burrows or crevices in rocks. They are agile jumpers and can jump up to 6 ft (1.8 m).
The life of a chinchilla:

Sleeping,

waking up sometimes,

doing cute stuff,

eating expensive treats,

and then sleeping some more.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Meet Bran, we got him a couple of months ago and he's a little over one year old by now. He's a Ragdoll/Maine Coon blend and the size of a small pony.

Doom Catcher
Sep 11, 2001

Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!

This is Jellybean. He was about 4 months old in that picture. He is 8 months old now, and looks the same except huge. This was the last clear picture I got of him - we've attempted, but they're all a huge blur of cat. He is a giant, clingy douche.

This is the new addition, adopted and brought home Friday and as yet nameless but very sweet.

We're in the introduction process right now, which means we are trying different poo poo and seeing what works. They are currently separated because Jellybean was being a bit of a douche. We have progressed to sleeping together, but when they are not sleeping, Jelly acts all douchy and macho and swipes at newbie, which then makes newbie hiss.

Newbie still needs a name :(

They are cute, and they are going to be buddies when they're done feeling each other out, and Jelly forgets to be jealous ;)

Serash
Mar 1, 2007
My baby... <3 Jewel

Barraiya
Jun 3, 2010

This is Samus.
She appeared at my front door as a kitten at 3am about 4 years ago.

This is Dexter.
She Came from a pet shop around 3 years ago.
Don't ask me why she has a boy's name.

Rhubarb or Rube.
My girlfriend's cat. He came from a shelter as a kitten around 6 years ago.

Gizmo and Oreo.
Brother and sister. Part of a litter of 4.
Mum and babies were living in a woman's shed when we adopted them.
Gizmo lives at my girlfriend's with Rube.
Oreo lives at my place with Samus and Dexter.

Barraiya fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 27, 2011

Moto Punch
Feb 3, 2009
My Zephyr. A Siberian/Thai cat cross...So a purebred mog, basically. He's the failed result of a breeder trying to breed blue eyes into her sibes. She ended up with...a short-haired Siberian with yellow eyes. I think he is beautiful though <3 He's about 3 months here. I have a feeling he is going to be huge. He has super-soft fur, like a rabbit. I've never met a cat with such soft fur. Apologies for crappy cellphone quality:

Bonus parent's kitties when they were little. Molly the Siberian and Ziggy the formerly feral stray. Both are a year old now. Ziggy is little, sweet, and nervous. She probably will always be small since she was malnourished when we found her. Molly is massive and siberian-y and super chill. They are total opposites. I need to get newer pics of them:

Hard to see them here, but this picture describes their personalities perfectly:

Moto Punch fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Mar 28, 2011

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

SHE'S SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today was bath day. I try to enjoy the fluff while it lasts.

FretforyourLatte
Sep 16, 2010

Put you in my oven!
KITTY GLAMOUR SHOTS.

Supermodel Lestat

Beauty Queen Spooky

ToiletOtter
Jun 18, 2007

Our Sammy singing a Serious solo Song.
One of our three cats, Norman.

He's either giving a high five or blessing us. Maybe both.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

PainterofCrap posted:

I am amazed honestly that this little gal made it. You are a good person for saving her.

To contribute here I am trying to tire this beast out

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Zoso was glad to see my husband (my folks are babysitting while we renovate).

Is that a smile? I think it might be.

Billy Black
Nov 9, 2006

Thought I posted in here already, but it must've been the last thread.

Alexei sitting pretty:

Sebastian pretending to be a taco:

The two together. Alexei always wanted to be friends, but Sebastian didn't decide that was OK until more recently:

This is Trixie, a stray that we brought in for a few months before she passed away suddenly :(
(Yes, that's my leg she's digging into)

Squeezing in:

And all three together:

Bonus turtle pics! None in the water, because the only way to make him stand still is to take him out.

When I first got him and he was still bright green:

Size comparison, but still probably 2-3 years old. My mom has him now, along with one she got for herself:

ToiletOtter
Jun 18, 2007

Our Sammy singing a Serious solo Song.
Our first cat, he who is most expensive, Murphy. Currently at the vet getting treated for crystals/blockage...

SecretZOGwarrior
Aug 24, 2007

bring a book.

Abbeh posted:

MORE BEAGLES PLEASE.

This is Sky, my lovely blue heeler mix ladyfriend. I don't know what else she's mixed with. She's 13 and still quite spry.

She has a habit of looking at you from the corner of her eye.

I made her a new water bowl!

Like looking in a mirror

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Delta the conehead and Sigma her durfy brother. I love the pig of Sig, the red bone looks like a pretty red bow on his head :3:

You can really see Delta's wonky ear. She and Sigma playfight CONSTANTLY, he must've nicked the tip of her ear. The scar has gotten deeper as her ears have grown.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

SecretZOGwarrior posted:

MORE BEAGLES PLEASE.

That's no beagle, it's a chicken!

Mach420
Jun 22, 2002
Bandit at 6 'o clock - Pull my finger

Here was my Chasey, a Samoyed/Golden Retriever mix in happier times. She passed away today. God speed, old girl.

I hope this is ok to post here but I just want to share.

VV Thanks, she was a great dog. Loved walks and playing her own version of fetch, which was pretty much me fetching. So much for the retriever side of her. Her favorite thing in the world was having her ears scratched. God, I miss her.

Thanks everyone. This thread is helping to cheer me up. Instant Jellyfish and SecretZOGwarrior, your dogs are regal and adorable.

Mach420 fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 3, 2011

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Mach420 posted:

Here was my Chasey, a Samoyed/Golden Retriever mix in happier times. She passed away today. God speed, old girl.

I hope this is ok to post here but I just want to share.

She looks sweet, sorry for your loss.

Here's Major and some sheepbutts (Eveleth on the left, Laurel on the right).

SecretZOGwarrior
Aug 24, 2007

bring a book.

Mach420 posted:

This looks like a great, happy dog. I'd miss her too.

sky says good night, from one old lady to another.

SecretZOGwarrior fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Apr 3, 2011

Showdo
Apr 2, 2011
This is one of my younger cats Frankie, he likes boxes.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I call this series, Farlow finds some sticks

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Look at this fuckin' dog. This fuckin' dog is handsome.

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy

Hmm. Hmmmm.

:ms:

Bonus clean happy pic:

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

CDOR Gemini posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsONzEqrr6w

ALSO:

My kitten, Little Socks.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

This is Leo, a GSD puppy of unknown age:

My friend found him wandering the street on Christmas day and, knowing that my dog Rocco (whom I loved more than anything on this earth) had just passed away 11 days prior, she gave him to me.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Its like owning four dogs!

t-rex
Nov 30, 2004
WATS UP UR PANTS I HOPE
This is Tuna Balloona AKA Ten Ton Tuna, Rootin' Tootin' Tune-rino, The Big T, Tune-dog Millionaire, Monsieur Balloon. I was never much of a cat person until we came across this guy. My friend rescued him from a snowbank (In Newfoundland in December) when he was just a little baby. He was just about frozen and starved to death, so she brought him indoors and started looking for a home for him, so he came to live with us! He was only tiny then, but he is now 15 lbs of all muscle and fur at about a year and a half old and STILL growing!!

He is pro at chilling:

This guy is insane. He loses his mind when he is lucky enough to have a tap turned on for him because he absolutely LOVES water. He gets right under the water and lets it run all over his face, in his ears and everything. This love translates even to his playtime. For some unknown reason, he dunks all his favourite toys in his water dish. He does the craziest cat acrobatics I have ever seen when he is playing and wears himself out so much he pants afterwards. I can't leave a pencil or pen out ever because for some reason he LOVES to carry them off and chew them up. He can climb just about anything despite his size but otherwise acts more like a dog than a cat. I love this little freak!

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

t-rex posted:

He is pro at chilling:

...he absolutely LOVES water. He gets right under the water and lets it run all over his face, in his ears and everything.

I'm sure it's silly to suggest it, but he looks a hell of a lot like a Turkish Van. His fascination with water supports my :downs: theory. Odds are he's a mutty mutt domestic long hair, but his resemblance is uncanny.

For content:

I have a low bed. My dog likes to chill on it like this.

t-rex
Nov 30, 2004
WATS UP UR PANTS I HOPE

a life less posted:

I'm sure it's silly to suggest it, but he looks a hell of a lot like a Turkish Van. His fascination with water supports my :downs: theory. Odds are he's a mutty mutt domestic long hair, but his resemblance is uncanny.

That is really interesting. There is not a single characteristic in that wiki article that Tuna doesn't have including the ridiculously soft coat, mane, weird physical proportions and the fact that he is still growing. The physical and personality similarities are pretty insane. It's also not uncommon where I live to find crazy rear end purebred cats wandering the streets because we have a very busy international port (being the easternmost port in north america) and lots of people bring cats on ships for good luck and to keep away the rats. They will usually bring a cat with a national tie, like russian ships normally have russian blues. Sometimes the cats get off the ship, sometimes people will trade them for north american goods. That said, I certainly won't count on him being one, and I couldn't really care less if he was or not, but it would definitely explain a lot of his weirdness! I agree though, chances are he is probably a mutt kitty.

For content, look upon his majestic mane, somehow less majestic because he is grumpy about being woken up:

t-rex fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 10, 2011

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

A properly marked Turkish Van will not have any orange on the torso, just around the head and tail.

That said, this is my sister's mismarked Van, who has papers and everything:

Your cat actually looks fluffier than hers is, but they do have some variation in their coats.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

My little guys are Oliver and Adrian (Oliver's the little yellow and white one, and Adrian's the little gray one, for anyone as anal as I am). These pictures are a little older, but I've found as they get older, they get harder to photograph. :argh:

My personal favorite:

They rarely nap this cutely:

Back when they were little little still (they're about 10-11 lbs each now :gonk:):

Chillin on their couch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

t-rex posted:

Reminds me of my girl Lee:

:3:

• Locked thread