Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

PoptartsNinja posted:

I've never seen Deadliest Warrior (why pay money for cable TV I'll never have time to watch?), but that sounds hilarious.

First person who records and posts themselves doing their best impression of the Deadliest Warrior narrator while reading one of Sarna's "Alternate Configuration" bits gets to name Unknown Heavy 2.

We don't get the Deadliest Warrior in the UK, that I know of, so this took a bit of Youtube research.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Zaodai posted:

"Didn't specify his route" my rear end. It's your storybook world, so your rules. But that's still an enormous crock of poo poo and probably wouldn't fly in the canon timeline.

No kidding. If the guy hadn't hopped off I'd be tempted to claim he broke Steiner Rules as was fair game again.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Somewhere in the trees a dirty tanker comes across a sheared piece of what was once his machine's turret, wedged halfway into a tree. The two squat tank silhouettes painted on the scorchmarked armor are still barely visible. Pulling a grease pencil from a bloodstained pocket he scrawls next to them a crude, thin 'mech shape. He glances to the other two crewmen, the woman leaning heavily on the man, and then glances back at his mangled machine and the battered clanner even now trudging away.

"Don't worry," Bonnie whispers - the best she can manage in her condition. "We'll nail the bastard next time."

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

raverrn posted:

Somewhere in the trees a dirty tanker comes across a sheared piece of what was once his machine's turret, wedged halfway into a tree. The two squat tank silhouettes painted on the scorchmarked armor are still barely visible. Pulling a grease pencil from a bloodstained pocket he scrawls next to them a crude, thin 'mech shape. He glances to the other two crewmen, the woman leaning heavily on the man, and then glances back at his mangled machine and the battered clanner even now trudging away.

"Don't worry," Bonnie whispers - the best she can manage in her condition. "We'll nail the bastard next time."

Don't give up yet, there's still a chance of doing this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4asxOxRZ8M&t=4m
BT has retractable blades, what it really needs though is retractable chainsaws.

Longinus00 fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 10, 2011

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

raverrn posted:

The Rommel died fighting (mostly), and the crew has (for the moment) lived to fight another day. There is no better death for a tank.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

:golfclap: to the Wolfhound for putting up a hell of a much better fight than anyone, least of all the Vipers, could have expected.

And I wonder if these 'Steiner Rules' will show up in the Steel Viper Remembrance somehow.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Affi posted:

Sorry for the poor quality.

It's the hair that puts it over the top.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Trast posted:

It's the hair that puts it over the top.

You're just saying that because your own avatar most resembles half a pair of mech cajones.

Oh, and that's not hair, that's just what laser heatsinks look like.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

TildeATH posted:

You're just saying that because your own avatar most resembles half a pair of mech cajones.

Says the goon whose avatar has the other half.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Mechwarrior Knox is perfectly within the spirit of his orders. He pulled a dick move, but it's a legal dick move. Verbal trickery is all the Clans have got, since outright lying is dezgra.

Polaron posted:

It was Clan Smoke Jaguar, and "a huge amount of trouble" is a bit of an understatement. The Kuritan world of Turtle Bay had been conquered by the Jags, and the Yakuza and local partisans had been giving the Clanners serious headaches.

They responded by bombing the planet from orbit, killing nearly a million civilians.
The part that really irritated the Clans was how wasteful this was. Not only did the unrest get worse, but other planets heard about it and went apeshit too. It cost a fuckton in second line troops to keep them quiet.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
This is a tangent, but the other day I downloaded Solaris Skunk Werks. I've since created a few mech variants, and below is one of the more hilariously awful (or awfully hilarious, take your pick) designs. I present to all, Trogdor:

Trogdor TGD-1A

Mass: 25 tons
Tech Base: Clan
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Tournament Legal
Era: Clan Invasion
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-X-D
Production Year: 3059
Cost: 3,991,458 C-Bills
Battle Value: 497

Chassis: Unknown Endo-Steel
Power Plant: Unknown 250 Fusion XL Engine
Walking Speed: 108.0 km/h (10 hexes)
Maximum Speed: 162.0 km/h (15 hexes)
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
15 Flamers
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

Also, here's a silly video for viewing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xzCLgCyVrQ

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Arquinsiel posted:

Mechwarrior Knox is perfectly within the spirit of his orders. He pulled a dick move, but it's a legal dick move. Verbal trickery is all the Clans have got, since outright lying is dezgra.

No, it's really not. He was specifically ordered to "withdraw". Which means to pull back or retreat, or move away from the field of battle. There's no such thing as withdrawing forward. It's not up to debate like "advancing in another direction" being a euphemism for a retreat. He moved directly to an enemy and attacked them.

So he can claim all the verbal trickery he wanted. But word for word regarding his orders, he disobeyed both the spirit AND the literal meaning, and he's an honorless piece of poo poo as far as clanners go. There's no loophole, only blatant disregard and lies.

Zaodai fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 11, 2011

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Going by the speed stats in landcollector's post, you're supposed to divide a 'mech speed given in km/h by 10.8 to get the number of hexes crossable or MP? Is the speed listed in sarna.net 'mech pages supposed to be the walking speed?

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

A good poster posted:

Going by the speed stats in landcollector's post, you're supposed to divide a 'mech speed given in km/h by 10.8 to get the number of hexes crossable or MP? Is the speed listed in sarna.net 'mech pages supposed to be the walking speed?

The speed listed on sarna's pages is the running (max) speed.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Zaodai posted:

No, it's really not. He was specifically ordered to "withdraw". Which means to pull back or retreat, or move away from the field of battle. There's no such thing as withdrawing forward. It's not up to debate like "advancing in another direction" being a euphemism for a retreat. He moved directly to an enemy and attacked them.

So he can claim all the verbal trickery he wanted. But word for word regarding his orders, he disobeyed both the spirit AND the literal meaning, and he's an honorless piece of poo poo as far as clanners go. There's no loophole, only blatant disregard and lies.

I agree, but don't forget this bit from one of the introductory posts:

Clan Steel Viper

Pros: Favor highly specialized ‘Mechs and high-speed blitzes. Can occasionally ignore the Clan rules of engagement. My favorite Clan (because they’re assholes to everyone).
Cons: Annoy the hell out of the other Clans for their occasionally dishonorable tactics. Tend to be self-centered and extremely rigid thinkers. They’re assholes to everyone, and don’t have leaders who’re actually good enough to keep that from getting them into trouble.

So I think there's your explanation for his behaviour.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

landcollector posted:

Mech

Sorry, not impressed at all. Come back to me once you fit 57 Rocket Launcher 10s on a medium mech.

As for MechWarrior Knox, he really is withdrawing. Sadly, I find fire to be scary as hell so I was forced to take the long route around the starport. It was really unfortunate that that tank was right where I landed my mech. The 'kick' was just a stumble after he failed to adjust his balance due to the missing arm.

I really am apologetic for what happened to that tank crew and hope the Star Colonel will be willing to accept them into the clan. They could have an honorable career fixing mechs.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 11, 2011

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I had this awesome moment of realization a while back when I found out that the speeds listed weren't just some bullshit number multiplied by the mech's running MP to get a "real world" speed, but the actual distance that a mech would run in 30-meter hexes in an hour.

I get my mind blown by the most retarded things.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

AJ_Impy posted:

We don't get the Deadliest Warrior in the UK, that I know of, so this took a bit of Youtube research.

Nice work, AJ! You get to name UH2, send me a PM (or let me know if you can't) and I'll let you know what Unknown Heavy 2 actually is.

Arquinsiel posted:

Mechwarrior Knox is perfectly within the spirit of his orders. He pulled a dick move, but it's a legal dick move.

He also waited until his commanding officer had been forced from the field before making any sort of revenge play. The Steel Vipers always did love flimsy justifications for being colossal dickheads. It's why they got themselves kicked back to the Clan homeworlds in canon for pissing off the Jade Falcons one too many times.

Zaodai posted:

And nobody likes him because of it. His cheating is too obvious, even for the other Steel Vipers. Guess who gets to pilot the Naga next?

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

AJ_Impy posted:

You are splendid.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

KnoxZone posted:

Woopsies

What kills me is that no one thought of filling the tank with dogshit first. I hear a burning poo poo-tank is a common Clanner prank.

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it

Zaodai posted:

And yet his star commander doesn't give a poo poo :ssh:

Besides, it was just a tank, it is not as though they were true warriors :colbert:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

PoptartsNinja posted:

And nobody likes him because of it. His cheating is too obvious, even for the other Steel Vipers. Guess who gets to pilot the Naga next?

Given the way he was being dressed down after his failed challenge, is he going to get even that much, or is he bound for a garrison unit and whatever 'not good enough for a real unit' 'Mech they can scrounge up for him?

EDIT: I'm struck by how, in a thread about giant fighting robots, everyone seems to have fallen in love with the scrappy tank crew. Goes to show how far heart'll take you in the Unwearied Second.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

KnoxZone posted:

Sorry, not impressed at all. Come back to me once you fit 57 Rocket Launcher 10s on a medium mech.

As for MechWarrior Knox, he really is withdrawing. Sadly, I find fire to be scary as hell so I was forced to take the long route around the starport. Mukai's pyromaniac ways were responsible for the Rommel's death. What a monster.

Wow, aren't you hard to amuse. Unfortunately for you, only 51 RL-10s fit. Also, after firing every one of those in an alpha strike. the mech should just melt (153 heat! poor, poor pilot; he just baked into a crispy bit of flesh...)

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

landcollector posted:

Wow, aren't you hard to amuse. Unfortunately for you, only 51 RL-10s fit. Also, after firing every one of those in an alpha strike. the mech should just melt (153 heat! poor, poor pilot; he just baked into a crispy bit of flesh...)

No arms, compact gyro, compact engine, small cockpit :colbert:

I call it the Periphery Special.

Or my other project: the 15 ER PPC Assault Mech. Fire once and let it cooldown for twenty minutes.

PoptartsNinja posted:

I like the Naga and accept this punishment!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Given the way he was being dressed down after his failed challenge, is he going to get even that much, or is he bound for a garrison unit and whatever 'not good enough for a real unit' 'Mech they can scrounge up for him?

EDIT: I'm struck by how, in a thread about giant fighting robots, everyone seems to have fallen in love with the scrappy tank crew. Goes to show how far heart'll take you in the Unwearied Second.

Once the Wolfhound pilot becomes a Viper warrior, maybe he and Knox can be in the same star... With the WLF pilot as Point 4 and Knox as Point 5.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Gimmick Account posted:

I agree, but don't forget this bit from one of the introductory posts:

Clan Steel Viper

Pros: Favor highly specialized ‘Mechs and high-speed blitzes. Can occasionally ignore the Clan rules of engagement. My favorite Clan (because they’re assholes to everyone).
Cons: Annoy the hell out of the other Clans for their occasionally dishonorable tactics. Tend to be self-centered and extremely rigid thinkers. They’re assholes to everyone, and don’t have leaders who’re actually good enough to keep that from getting them into trouble.

So I think there's your explanation for his behaviour.

And if they were willing to man up and admit that they're dishonorable cowards, and use that as their explanation, I might accept it. I'm not disputing his ability to kill the tank. But to try and justify it as somehow not being dishonorable is retarded. It's straight up lies and ignoring orders to continue the fight on top of ignoring RoE. There's being clever and then there's pulling poo poo out of your rear end to turn your characters into Mary Sues.

KnoxZone posted:

I reall am apologetic for what happened to that tank crew and hope the Star Colonel will be willing to accept them into the clan. They could have an honorable career fixing mechs.

If you can catch them to make them your bondsmen, I get the feeling that the rate of mysterious mech weapon failures causing catastrophic explosions would see a sharp rise after the tank crew became mechanics. ;)

[FAKE EDIT] (Because PTN posted while I was grabbing quotes and responding)

PoptartsNinja posted:

Enjoy your new Assault Mech in the Trinary Command Star, I guess? He should probably be demoted to a crappy scout mech rather than getting a tonnage increase and being moved to guard their CO. :saddowns:

But at least you admitted that it's not cleverness or trickery, just straight up cheating.

And all that to blow up an empty tank. Impressive kill, Mechwarrior Dezgra Knox. :smug:

Zaodai fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 11, 2011

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

KnoxZone posted:

No arms, compact gyro, compact engine, small cockpit :colbert:

I call it the Periphery Special.

Or my other project: the 15 ER PPC Assault Mech. Fire once and let it cooldown for twenty minutes.

I like the Naga and accept this punishment!

Your assault mech would die to a spitball (only 1 ton of armor!). Also, should we face this group of Clanners again, I recommend that we have machines with ACs loaded with Armor-Piercing ammunition. That Naga would look much better once its missile pods are blown off by a TAC causing its Arrow IV ammo to explode :).

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Zaodai posted:

And if they were willing to man up and admit that they're dishonorable cowards, and use that as their explanation, I might accept it. I'm not disputing his ability to kill the tank. But to try and justify it as somehow not being dishonorable is retarded. It's straight up lies and ignoring orders to continue the fight on top of ignoring RoE. There's being clever and then there's pulling poo poo out of your rear end to turn your characters into Mary Sues.

Tanks aren't mechs and clanners couldn't give any less of a gently caress about dezgra horseshit, especially when it's horseshit that comes farting up in the middle of a dual and unloading an AC20 :ssh:

I mean, where was our sense of HONOR(!) when this thing was driving into a dual and shooting at things?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Zaodai posted:

There's being clever and then there's pulling poo poo out of your rear end to turn your characters into Mary Sues.

Dude, really. I'm writing from the players' perspective. If Samantha dies in a fire, it's going to be a pain in the rear end coming up with a new perspective to write from--but I'll still do just that if she gets herself killed in that fisticuffs duel.

Mechwarrior Knox is just pissed. A good Clanner would put himself on report for his dishonorable behaviour afterwards, but they're not robots and that is an exploitable flaw.

Zaodai posted:

If you can catch them to make them your bondsmen, I get the feeling that the rate of mysterious mech weapon failures causing catastrophic explosions would see a sharp rise after the tank crew became mechanics. ;)

The dangers of quiet resistance was something that the Battletech books never covered. Sure, a brave but futile struggle is more romantic; but those guys who're installing the detonators in those Clan Streak SRMs backwards causing them to fail to explode? They're the real heroes. They're also still (probably) alive.

Zaodai posted:

Enjoy your new Assault Mech in the Trinary Command Star, I guess?

Enjoy having a slow, unmaneuverable assault 'Mech in a fast strike star. The 'Mechs move around, the warriors not so much.

The Steel Vipers have a real preference for speed. Yes, the Naga's a 5/8, but riding one into battle is a huge liability, since direct-fire artillery is at a +4 penalty to hit and no Naga variant carries TAG. It also has substantially worse armor than the Nova.

And 6 tons of Arrow IV ammunition.

The Naga is an 80-ton deathtrap that can deal up to 600 artillary damage to itself (and 300 damage to anything around it) on a single ammo critical. Your only hope is that an explosion of the right torso ammo will throw the left torso ammo clear before it blows up too. And then you'll only do 300/150 damage to yourself/everything around you.

Compare and Contrast:

That is a demotion.

Zaodai posted:

But at least you admitted that it's not cleverness or trickery, just straight up cheating.

Steel Vipers. "We think we're good at cheating, but we're really bad at it."

I would be remiss if I didn't give you a slight taste of the Steel Viper cheating. The continued honor of the 2nd Donegal Guards has made it extremely unlikely that Gamma Boa will pull out the Viper's Maw (which throws Zell out the window entirely); so you can take some comfort there.

But yeah, in short: Knox will put himself on report for loosing his cool in battle stealing the Lucerne's kill and get assigned to a deathtrap so he can get himself killed gloriously and stop being a problem. All because he got angry and jumped on a tank. Poor bastard. :D

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 11, 2011

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Two follow up questions:

What is the Viper's Maw you alluded to Gamma having? I'm drawing a blank.

Secondly, Armored Cowl? The hell?

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Zaodai posted:

Two follow up questions:

What is the Viper's Maw you alluded to Gamma having? I'm drawing a blank.

Roughly, Viper's Maw= Steel Viper gangbang.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
The Viper's Maw is a "tactic" that's unique to the Steel Vipers, who consider it an honorable maneuver that does not breach Zell (even though the other Clans consider it "cheating", "dishonorable", and "stupid").

Basically, they run in a big circle around an opposing force to herd them into a big defensive cluster in the center; then fire randomly into that target-rich environment. During such an attack, they can fire at whatever they can hit--it gives the other Clans fits and is basically the Steel Viper "ace in the hole".

It's easy to break out of when it's just a star of Vipers, but when it's a whole Cluster... well, I've repeatedly alluded to the Steel Viper's being total dicks, haven't I?

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 11, 2011

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Zaodai posted:

Armored Cowl is a UK rule that lets you spend one ton and one crit in the head to gain an extra... 5? armor points there, preventing one-shot PPC/Gauss kills.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

I'm surprised your LP Naga uses 7.5 tons of FF instead of 9 tons of FF. I assume the saved 1.5t goes into weapons.

If I was making scary Clan designs I'd have gone down to 4/6 and maxed the armor, which gets you 9.5 tons to play with anyways and artillery mechs don't need to be very fast... although I guess the Clans just really hate artillery drivers. In fact, why was the Naga even built at all? If they consider artillery to be borderline dezgra, wouldn't they just use vehicles for it? It seems like the oddest part of the Clan arsenal of machines.

Especially since Arrow IV SAM isn't a SLDF invention, it's post Clan-Invasion, so even in this strange alternate reality it's probably a recentish Clan thing (3020s?)

Preechr posted:

Armored Cowl is a UK rule that lets you spend one ton and one crit in the head to gain an extra... 5? armor points there, preventing one-shot PPC/Gauss kills.

The StratOps version is just a quirk, which is +3 armor to the head for no inherent cost. It isn't nearly as useful as the MechForce UK version unless you're packing Ferro-Lamellor armor, in which case suddenly PPCs and Gauss Rifles start being a lot less immediately dangerous.

If you want to be silly, you can use modular armor on the head, which makes for a really slow mech but it means you can get 19 armor points on there, which means the only weapons which can cause instant head kills are the improved Heavy Gauss Rifle and Heavy Gauss Rifle.

MJ12 fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 11, 2011

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Didn't they try that on Tukayyid and get their asses shot off for it?

Steel Viper is the shittiest Clan ever. :saddowns:

Also, managed to find the Armored Cowl rules. It seems unnecessarily complicated and dumb as hell. No wonder it wasn't in the main game.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Zaodai posted:

Didn't they try that on Tukayyid and get their asses shot off for it?

Steel Viper is the shittiest Clan ever. :saddowns:

Every Clan has a gimick:

Wolves - "We should protect the Inner Sphere!" - Mary Sue Clan
Jade Falcons - "WE CAN FLY, WEEEE!" - jump jets
Smoke Jaguars - "Is it dead? Yes? Shoot it again anyway." - excessive force
Ghost Bears - "Stand together!" - unity, loyalty
Nova Cats - "Like, woah, sweet vision!" - Mysticism
Diamond Shark - "How many of these do you think we can sell?" - Money
Star Adder - "Intriguing, let us do science at it!" - new weapon/equipment research
Coyote - "Nobody will stand against our new 'Mechs!" - 'Mech design (and losing those new 'Mechs to someone pretty much immediately)
Burrock - "Shh, keep this on the down-low..." - Bandit connections
Goliath Scorpion - "Do it better." - Precision and training. Also, drugs.
Hell's Horses - "We like tanks and infantry!" - :downs:
Fire Mandrils - "Who are we again?" - a Clan divided against itself...
Blood Spirits - "Our system is stupid" - Isolationists
Snow Raven - "Ground combat is for pussies" - Aerospace fighters and warships
Ice Hellions - "Derp!" - losing fights. Alternatively, hit-and-run attacks.
Cloud Cobra - "The Space-Pope ain't a lizard!" - Religion
Wolverine - "You ain't the boss of me, man!" - Rebellion (got killed)
Widowmaker - "Nicholas Kerensky is a dumbass, we'll kill who we want!" - Rebellion (got absorbed)

Steel Vipers - "LOL" - Cheating (then getting their asses kicked because of it)

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Judging from that, it looks like Ghost Bear is the one with the least stupid gimmick. Is that why there seems to be so many fans of them?

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

Zaodai posted:

"Didn't specify his route" my rear end. It's your storybook world, so your rules. But that's still an enormous crock of poo poo and probably wouldn't fly in the canon timeline.

Who exactly is going to call her on it, huh? I guess in theory, Rossi could bring the matter before the Clan Council as Steel Vipers bending Zell in the most tortorous ways possible, then the Council could vote on it, decide (if they care to) that, though he was shooting at dezgra tankers, his status as 'withdrawing' still causes that to be a dezgra action, and Star Colonel Dusk's endorsement of it was inappropriate, and that the Vipers should be censured for their actions.

Then the Vipers would get huffy, shout "we refuse," and bidding would go down, followed by Rossi (or someone who bids lower than him) being allowed to field as many as the difference in votes in the Trial, possibly followed by the Vipers getting stomped and censured, or the Vipers prevailing and the censure (and stained honor) forgotten.

In theory, that is. If he (or more likely, Archon Katrina,) had the standing to petition the council. Since they don't (and even if the Clans would acknowledge a House Lord as having as much right to speak as a Khan, they don't have access to the Clan homeworlds,) it's kind of a moot point.

quote:

Just keep it in mind, Goons. Loopholes and doublespeak have been opened as fair game, and I have great faith that if anything can exploit those newly granted freedoms, it's the Goon Hivemind.

Yes, but Dusk seems to be a gigantic hypocritical bitch, so I wouldn't be surprised if what's good for the gander won't fly for the goose.

quote:

[EDIT] Oh, right. I was so wrapped up in righteous fury I forgot the original reason I was going to post: Good shooting, whoever was piloting the Wolfhound! No wonder they took you as bondsman. Sadly, now they have Donegal honor and courage to look up to, so they might not fight like schoolyard bullies next mission. :saddowns:

Indeed. That was some balls-out :black101: hardcore badass motherfucker poo poo there.

I hope that MechWarrior Hunter is honored with Clan Steel Viper constructing the Wolfhound IIC for him, in honor of his complete and total indomitable spirit.

ShadowDragon8685 fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Apr 11, 2011

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Now I want a match to be goons in a company of tanks vs a lance of clanners :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Pimpmust posted:

Now I want a match to be goons in a company of tanks vs a lance of clanners :colbert:

Long as we get to field Demolishers and Alacorns. AC/20s and Gauss Rifles for all :black101:

• Locked thread