Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Ka0 posted:

I'm screwed then. I'm trying to take Dark Hawkeye's right arm off and paint parts of it flesh tone so it looks more like regular Hawkeye. drat it.

Why? If you're just painting his arm you don't even really have to disassemble it if you paint carefully.

Of course you could always just buy a regular Hawkeye on ebay for $7-10. The paint and brush will end up costing like $5 anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I thought so and I'm also taking the opportunity to score a Black Panther so I can have a small Avengers tribute. Pity there aren't any Wasps or Giantman figures aside from Yellowjacket.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

There was a Wasp figure that came in the Dr. Doom/Absorbing Man 2 pack, this is the only one on ebay now

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-universe-WASP-FIGURE-/250795268295?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a649018c7

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
NECA has released new images and the line-up for series 1 of thier figures based off of "The Terminator".

Series 1 includes:

Tech Noir T-800

T-800 Endoskeleton (with resculpted head, and a few other minor tweaks)

And Motorcycle Cop T-1000

They should be out around June. Series 2 should be out around fall and include: Battle Damage T-800, Police Station Assault T-800, and Steel Mill T-1000. If those sell well, series 3 is likely to have a Kyle Reese figure.

EDIT:

Ok, I am now very excited about the GI joe figures this year: http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/gi-joe-30th-anniversary-21/gi-joe-2011-and-2012-figures---joecon-2011-10298/

I NEED this figure:

Jace Madan fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 4, 2011

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

funtax posted:

The IKEA Detolf seems to be pretty popular. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any way to get them aside from actually going to an IKEA store. I've been trying to find alternatives for a while, but nothing seems to come close in terms of price and/or quality.

Late on this, but I have one of these and it's really nice. I bought it during the new years sale they did last year when it was only 20 bucks, but I would still pay full price for it. It is deceptively heavy though, I was by myself and ended up taking it inside piece by piece because carrying a 80lb box full of glass upstairs that's almost as tall as me wasn't appealing

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

This site has a ton of pictures of the various new Thundercats toys, including ones based on the new cartoon and ones based on the original. Bandai is doing them and they look really nice.

I liked all the obvious things when I was a little nerd in the 80's, but Thundercats in particular was a big deal to me. I don't buy a lot of DVD's of old cartoons out of nostalgia, but I own the whole series of Thundercats and I watch a few episodes now and then when I'm feeling wistful.

I geeked the gently caress OUT when I saw this trailer for the new show. Lion-O's dad is voiced by the original Lion-O! Seriously I am over 30 and I probably should not be this stoked about a cartoon but I don't even fuckin' care!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

This site has a ton of pictures of the various new Thundercats toys, including ones based on the new cartoon and ones based on the original. Bandai is doing them and they look really nice.

I liked all the obvious things when I was a little nerd in the 80's, but Thundercats in particular was a big deal to me. I don't buy a lot of DVD's of old cartoons out of nostalgia, but I own the whole series of Thundercats and I watch a few episodes now and then when I'm feeling wistful.

I geeked the gently caress OUT when I saw this trailer for the new show. Lion-O's dad is voiced by the original Lion-O! Seriously I am over 30 and I probably should not be this stoked about a cartoon but I don't even fuckin' care!

That looks fun, it's too bad they made Lion-O a kid, though. When will TV execs ever realize that boys like to fantasize about being men, not teenagers.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

That looks fun, it's too bad they made Lion-O a kid, though. When will TV execs ever realize that boys like to fantasize about being men, not teenagers.

I don't want to derail this too far into discussing the actual show, but Lion-O was a kid in the original show. At least, in the first episode he was a kid, and then due to some sort of complications with his stasis pod on the way to Third Earth, he physically grew into an adult... but psychologically he was still like ten years old. It was occasionally addressed on the show, but mostly he was just treated like a grown-up.

It looks as if, rather than deal with the awkwardness of that in the new show, they're starting him out a little bit older and having him age naturally through the series. They also seem to be placing his friends closer to his own age so it's less like they're his babysitters. I see it a huge improvement, personally.

AlkalinePunk
Oct 2, 2003

Your Mix: INFERIOR! Soundwave's Best of Emo: SUPERIOR!
If anyone needs a Kyle for cost (20) + shipping shoot me a pm otherwise he goes back!

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
The new Thundertank isn't really my thing.. I prefer the original design especially with the space-shuttle opening bay doors for the back.. but BBTS has it up for pre-order now.

Anyone know if this is worth it? Or do you think I'd be able to find it at normal retail outlets?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BANA10065&mode=retail&picture=aux2

EDIT: OMG "LAUNCH THE BIKES WITH A PUSH OF THE BUTTON"

Also the sword of Omens! I had this when I was a kid!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BANA10088&mode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BANA10090&mode=retail

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I imagine as soon as the cartoon starts, these will be everywhere at retail. At least the first wave or so.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Yeah, I don't know whether the fancy 8" figures based on the 80's show are going to be at mass market stores, but I'd definitely bet on the other stuff showing up there. The 4" line in particular is definitely aimed more at kids than collectors, and the 6" ones are kinda for both.

I hope they're successful enough to keep making them for a while. I dig those 6" figures but it looks like they're only making 3 of them for the first wave. It would be pretty annoying if they never rounded out the main cast.

On a related note, I always wanted to do a really top-notch custom figure of Lion-O for my own collection, but I didn't want to directly imitate the cheesy "bathing suit" outfit from the old show. At the same time, I could never settle on a redesign that I really liked. A million people out there have done different interpretations of the character that were interesting, but none of them really inspired me. I like his look on the new show just fine. Maybe I'll think up some sort of hybrid that combines elements.

Edit:
Here's a video of a guy from Bandai explaining everything about the various new toys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ztma9pzxmQ

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 12, 2011

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You can bet your rear end i'll be buying all those Thundercats toys. I have a scar on my eyebrow from jumping off the couch and smashing my face against the corner of a coffee table because I thought I was Lion-O.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Just hope Bandai don't gently caress it up like Mattel did with MOTU.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Hey now, no one can gently caress up like Mattel.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

I (try to) collect JLU figures, so I wholeheartedly agree.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

I raise you Hasbro. The way they have handled the Marvel license has been shameful. They are finally starting to get their act together but it has taken how many years and how much awful product and loss of good will?

What is tue complaints with Mattel except for having to get everything from that awful Matty Collector site? I have been really happy with every figure I have got from them in the last several years.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
That's basically the only complaint, actually buying a figure. I don't collect MOTU but it seems the servers are hilariously overloaded and stocks are ridiculously low.

What's bad about Hasbro's handling of the Marvel line?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Motuc is an awesome line despite Mattel.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Ka0 posted:

That's basically the only complaint, actually buying a figure. I don't collect MOTU but it seems the servers are hilariously overloaded and stocks are ridiculously low.

Pretty much everything. From the way they pretty much fumbled the handling of Legends to the fiasco that is the Universe line. They have really tried to set up their game all around though recently. The most depressing thing about those Universe figures is at every store I go to they are right next to both the Star Wars and GI Joe figures which are leagues better in every way yet cost less.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Ka0 posted:

I pretty much dropped collecting any Marvel figures (except Minimates) at all shortly after Hasbro took over, mostly because they kept saying, "Marvel Legends will be of the same quality as they were under Toybiz," which was a blatant lie. Bad designs, bad articulation, piss poor paint application, incomprehensible distribution (which is saying something considering Toybiz was terrible about this themselves). They were of such low quality that they were considered to be almost worse than figures produced before Toybiz even started the ML line. These problems persisted for the entire rest of the ML line's life, and well into the life of the Marvel Universe figures.

Apparently they're starting up the ML line again later this year, which I'll be cautiously watching, but I don't know if I want to open that can of worms again.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Satsuki posted:

Motuc is an awesome line despite Mattel.

I have yet to purchase one of the single MOTUC figures due to cost/availability, but when I saw the DCUC/MOTUC 2 packs at toys r us, they looked horrible. Is there a difference in quality between these because the pictures look really good a la she-ra/adora/hordak.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Bushifox posted:

I have yet to purchase one of the single MOTUC figures due to cost/availability, but when I saw the DCUC/MOTUC 2 packs at toys r us, they looked horrible. Is there a difference in quality between these because the pictures look really good a la she-ra/adora/hordak.

I don't buy the MOTUC figures myself, but from what I have seen of the non 2-pack figures at places where some people have them for sale, they do look a bit better as far as the paint goes.

I try to keep up with most collecting and figures news, and from what I have heard (aside from the cost and availability problems) is that the QC on the figures can be pretty hit and miss. I've seen complaints about things like loose/weak ankles, entire runs of figures produced with their shoulders switched backwards, loose and shaky heads, and certain figures pretty much shattering apart in certain areas.

I like MOTU, but for the hassle of trying to order them, the $20 + shipping cost and the QC problems i've heard about, I'm not too keen on investing any energy into this line.

I was suprised when I saw the actual Beastman figure for the first time (the guy selling wanted $60 for the thing), the packaging and figure were a bit smaller than what I was expecting.

I'm pretty bias toward NECA anyways, but to me being able to go into a Toys R Us, easily find, inspect the quality of, and pick up an awesome, 7" scale Videogame/Movie figure for around $15 to $17 is the way to win me as a customer and keep me coming back for more despite ocassional QC issues or things like that.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Djarum posted:

Pretty much everything. From the way they pretty much fumbled the handling of Legends to the fiasco that is the Universe line. They have really tried to set up their game all around though recently. The most depressing thing about those Universe figures is at every store I go to they are right next to both the Star Wars and GI Joe figures which are leagues better in every way yet cost less.

Sanschel posted:

I pretty much dropped collecting any Marvel figures (except Minimates) at all shortly after Hasbro took over, mostly because they kept saying, "Marvel Legends will be of the same quality as they were under Toybiz," which was a blatant lie. Bad designs, bad articulation, piss poor paint application, incomprehensible distribution (which is saying something considering Toybiz was terrible about this themselves). They were of such low quality that they were considered to be almost worse than figures produced before Toybiz even started the ML line. These problems persisted for the entire rest of the ML line's life, and well into the life of the Marvel Universe figures.

Apparently they're starting up the ML line again later this year, which I'll be cautiously watching, but I don't know if I want to open that can of worms again.

I understand only a few things since I'm trying to gather a few choice figures for myself, but what is the primordial difference between Legends and Universe? Are they both 3.75" size? same paint applications?

I have a Meynerding Ironman, modern Thor, WW Hulk and Bucky-cap. Should I bother to hunt down Hawkeye, Panther, Hawk, Ms. Marvel, Vision and the rest of the Avengers or should I hold my breath for the line's reboot? I really don't know anything about comicbook figures, I mostly have Transformers so anything you know I'd be interested to know too.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Legends is supposed to be 6"

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Six inches? I could pose them with my revoltechs, this could be a tough call.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Ka0 posted:

I understand only a few things since I'm trying to gather a few choice figures for myself, but what is the primordial difference between Legends and Universe? Are they both 3.75" size? same paint applications?

I have a Meynerding Ironman, modern Thor, WW Hulk and Bucky-cap. Should I bother to hunt down Hawkeye, Panther, Hawk, Ms. Marvel, Vision and the rest of the Avengers or should I hold my breath for the line's reboot? I really don't know anything about comicbook figures, I mostly have Transformers so anything you know I'd be interested to know too.

Marvel Legends is 6 inch and Universe is 3.75. Generally Marvel Legends have better sculpts and paint apps although after Hasbro took over the line from Toy Biz they pretty much eliminated most of the paint from the line which caused most of their figures to look really awful. Although when they are properly painted they look just as fantastic as the Toy Biz ones. The last wave of Two-Packs along with the Iron Man 2 movie figures were a substantial improvement in all areas.

The Marvel Universe is 3.75 inch which Hasbro considers their expertise. Sadly compared to their other lines they all look really terrible. With a few select exceptions almost every sculpt has had major flaws and looks odd at best. They have really cheapened out on paint just like with the Legends line. The worst things really with the line is how they completely just cheap out on everything. When you look at the GI Joe and Star Wars figures sitting on pegs right next to them the differences are obvious. They have LEAGUES better sculpts, each comes with tons of unique accessories and fantastic paint applications for a cheaper price. The toy scalpers run in and grab the few short packed figures and you are stuck with peg after peg of the same extra packed Iron Man figure. It doesn't surprise me that Wal-Mart has clearanced out the line for a dollar a figure.

I really don't feel that superheroes work in the 3.75 scale. As comics are a highly visual medium you want a highly visual toy which a figure of that size even at best have a difficulty doing well. Also you generally want a figure of that size for vehicles/playsets which honestly there just isn't that many of either in the DCU or Marvel Universe.

I won't be too surprised if you see the MU line go away completely next year. From what little rumblings I have heard Hasbro's plans are to make ML the main comic line with no movie figures and the 3.75 inch line will be a movie focused line with limited related comic figures (like the Captain America movie line) under the Avengers banner for the future. They are justifying it by the good sell through numbers for the Iron Man 3.75 inch line and promising numbers for the current Thor line.

What is very interesting is they aren't planning on doing much for the new Spider-Man movie due to the retailers not being interested in it after the beating they took from the SM3 flop and the word of it not being as "kid friendly" as the previous installments. The plan is currently to put a limited amount of figures/product out much like how they did with the first Iron Man and if it takes off they will produce more.

Basically Hasbro knows they need to right the ship and get their act together with their Marvel product next year because if they don't they are hosed.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The reason they were able to bring Legends is because of the success and bank of MU sales.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Djarum posted:

Lots of stuff

Check out Marvel Universe World War Hulk. It's the best Marvel anything Hasbro has ever made. It's better than most toybiz figures in facet. There are a few MU figures that are good like Thanos and Colossus, but yeah overall they are kind of meh. It's a shame because when they are on, they can do it, but they just half-rear end 9/10 figures. Plus distribution is an absolute nightmare with the line and I would go so far as to say that I haven't seen such bad distribution and case pack-outs since the 2002 MOTU line. 10 Ironmen/Spidermen for every 1 new character. I have a bunch of them because I never got into Legends, but it's not that great of a line. Super Hero Squad are my favorite marvel toys out there.

It's weird that Spiderman will be downgraded. But comparing the amount of Thor stuff in stores now to the amount of Iron Man stuff last year, there is a lot less. Maybe retails are tired of sitting on mountains of peg warmers. That's why there was a buy 1 get 2 free iron man thing at TRU a few months back. I imagine next year the big toy push will be Batman stuff.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 14, 2011

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I think it amounts to theme really. With Ironman you could get away with mark 1, 2, 3, 4, stealth, extremis, golden-age, silver age, heroic age, hulkbuster, thorbuster, peppermint with chips, cool ranch, etc. Whereas Thor is stuck with the same problem as Spidey, aka "deep-sea-attack Spider-man" or "samurai-armored Spider-man" grasping from gimmick to gimmick.

World War Hulk is a fantastic figure and what got my attention with MU. I found Thor and Ironman pretty easily, Bucky-Cap was a bit more difficult. Now I am very tempted to at least score a Vision and Hawkeye. I've also seen pics of the new releases, Dr. Doom, Gladiator, Strange and Namor, and they look pretty slick to me.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I agree with the "superheroes dont work at 3.75" sentiment, at least when they are using such realistic proportions. The sculpting isn't always bad, but they never feel "big". If you compare vintage Masters of the Universe figures with MU stuff, they aren't that different in terms of inches (or materials, given that MOTU is hollow), but they still manage to instill a feeling of "bigness" in the MOTU figures. There's some pretty awesome exceptions such as Juggernaut, Collosus, Planet Hulk, etc, but even figures with an otherwise awesome sculpt and paint like the Skrull soldier just feel and look like poo poo in your hands because they are so tiny and flimsy.

I can't really pretend to give a poo poo 9 times out of 10-- Marvel had their chance with the Legends line, and DCUC is (mostly) going really well. One awesome 6" line at a time is plenty for me.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Ka0 posted:

Now I am very tempted to at least score a Vision and Hawkeye.

Weren't you the guy that had a Kyle GL figure for sale? I'll trade you a MU Vision for him. PM me for something.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

You have me confused mate!

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Satsuki posted:

The reason they were able to bring Legends is because of the success and bank of MU sales.

Not according to any retailer carrying them. Hasbro may have been able to ship a ton of them but retailers are getting hosed on them. The reason why Legends is coming back is the demand by both the retailers and customers. The reason why it went away in the first place was the awful quality of the figures they were releasing. The real reason why the last several waves ended up way late and retailer exclusives is the quality of the product had slipped so far. They were not able to get the orders of product they were used to and in the case of the Holocaust wave they had it sitting in warehouses for eons before Wal-Mart threw them a bone finally.

They took some time to hopefully get the product up to snuff. From what I understand the first figures shown off at NYCC were positive and they have a lot of good looking product to show off at SDCC in a few weeks. I just hope it won't end up being the old bait and switch where the prototypes look fantastic and the packaged product looks like trash.

Fish Of Doom posted:

Check out Marvel Universe World War Hulk. It's the best Marvel anything Hasbro has ever made. It's better than most toybiz figures in facet. There are a few MU figures that are good like Thanos and Colossus, but yeah overall they are kind of meh. It's a shame because when they are on, they can do it, but they just half-rear end 9/10 figures. Plus distribution is an absolute nightmare with the line and I would go so far as to say that I haven't seen such bad distribution and case pack-outs since the 2002 MOTU line. 10 Ironmen/Spidermen for every 1 new character. I have a bunch of them because I never got into Legends, but it's not that great of a line. Super Hero Squad are my favorite marvel toys out there.

It's weird that Spiderman will be downgraded. But comparing the amount of Thor stuff in stores now to the amount of Iron Man stuff last year, there is a lot less. Maybe retails are tired of sitting on mountains of peg warmers. That's why there was a buy 1 get 2 free iron man thing at TRU a few months back. I imagine next year the big toy push will be Batman stuff.

I agree they have the talent to make good 3.75 inch figures. It just seems like the Marvel product in general has been treated like a redheaded stepchild. The degree of laziness just baffles me. I look at the latest GI Joe line and the level of quality just blows me away. I haven't bought a GI Joe figure in eons and I had to have the latest Snake Eyes the second I saw it. Two heads, a removable tactical vest and kneepads, three swords, two sheathes, two knives, and a removable knife holster. a SKAR assault rifle, an UZI, two silencers that are compatible with his UZI and a pistol, two pistols, a pack of explosives. Add to that better articulation than in most of their Marvel Legends (the hindged wrists are amazing!) and excellent paint apps. All of this for 7 dollars.

I could spend 9-12 on a Marvel Universe figure with either no accessories or the same loving sword/M-16/oversized Sai that they have been including since the beginning. There is no excuse, it is just lazy management in general in the Marvel department.

The retailers are tired of sitting on tons of peg warming lines. From what I am understanding the retailers basically told everyone that the days of flooding the isles with crap is over. They can't afford it and no one is really interested in the much junk.

Hasbro has both Avengers and Spider-Man to contend with and they are hedging their bets on the Avengers to be the movie and toy every kid will want. Amazing Spider-Man is looking to be a more mature movie than what Avengers is shaping up to be.

As for Batman, Dark Knight was a huge loss for most retailers as well. All those goofy looking 5 inch figures still sit there in a lot of places. A big problem is the Dark Knight was a very adult movie and not very kid friendly. Mattel didn't look at the audience at all. Thankfully the Brave and the Bold stuff is doing pretty well for them in the kid market. I think there maybe some kid focused for the next one but no where near as much as with Dark Knight.

The only people who did well from the Dark Knight were the high end collectible folks. Hot Toys, DCD and whatnot did very well. Mattel would have had a hit with the Movie Masters line if they could have kept with demand at the beginning. From what I gather they did not expect the Movie Masters line to be very successful at all. They were expecting a limited appeal, Adult Collector focused line. When the movie blew up Adults wanted the good looking figures, especially the Joker. We all know what happened after that. Months and months none of those figures around then one days you were flooded with so many. Mattel got hit with huge reorders after the first shipments sold out instantly. The retailers wanted a different caseload, more Jokers and Goons as they were the most popular and shortpacked in the first shipments. I believe in some packouts there were 4 Jokers, 4 Goons, 1 DK and 1 BB Batman. Fast forward 6 months later and there are walls full of Jokers and Goons.

Sadly I still don't have a DK Batman.

In the end of the day you buy and collect what you like. You hope the companies are as passionate as you are about the products, and if they aren't vote with your dollar.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

The biggest peg-warming line is recent history has to be their 4" Spiderman line. Everywhere I go, literally everywhere, there is a wall of stupid Spiderman variants. Scuba, Samurai, Electric, Robot, and no body on earth wants any of those. You know which figures in that line are always gone and fetch high prices on ebay? The villains. Carnage, Lizard, Scorpion, Gargan Venom, all impossible to find amongst the sea of lovely Spiderman that even kids don't want. I thought the 90's was the era of X superhero is Y special armor. But for Spiderman, it's still going. And still no one cares.

I think it's funny that a giant figure like WW Hulk came with a huge sword, axe, shield, and sheath, where as some tiny figure like Captain Marvel comes with nothing but a stand. If all MU figures were like WW Hulk, I wouldn't mind paying $9, and I'd probably get more.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 14, 2011

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Djarum posted:

Not according to any retailer carrying them.

You make a lot of good points but I think Hasbro is going to get buttfucked by re-releasing the Legends line if this is any indication of how much money they want to charge for the pieces of poo poo.

IM 6-Inch line

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Jet Ready Go posted:

You make a lot of good points but I think Hasbro is going to get buttfucked by re-releasing the Legends line if this is any indication of how much money they want to charge for the pieces of poo poo.

IM 6-Inch line

Wow. I haven't seen a single IM2 figure since before the movie came out. 21 bucks for a single figure is murder. If they decide to charge that much you can forget about the line moving a inch. Personally I think 14 bucks is about the maximum I can justify spending on a single figure.

You can tell they aren't moving much either since all those pegs are full to the brim. Hasbro makes mistake after mistake with the Marvel line.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

21 bucks can yield you a voyager-sized transformers toy or 2 deluxe-class ones. That price is just overkill.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Djarum posted:

I raise you Hasbro. The way they have handled the Marvel license has been shameful. They are finally starting to get their act together but it has taken how many years and how much awful product and loss of good will?

The way they handle Star Wars is also terrible. Let's release a slightly better Vader, bitbashed from other Vaders, now with wrist articulation! New and improved Darth Vader #5203! Let's also have random, nonstandard articulation on all our figures.

Course, I don't really know anybody who collects Star Wars anymore... for good reason. Besides the fact that not much good has come from the franchise since 1983. The only Star Wars fans left are people who are extreme masochists with a heavy dosage of Stockholm syndrome.

It's really so strange, as Transformers is easily the best toyline you can buy in a retail store in the US and isn't a Japanese collector oriented figure. The G.I. Joe 25th line was also very good. Why didn't they do Star Wars and Marvel like that from the beginning? The same size, even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

:ughh: QUOTE IS NOT EDIT HURF DURF!!!!!! Real post on the next page :downsgun:

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 14, 2011