Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Kelly posted:

I have been playing one of my friends in Words With Friends for months on and off didn't know until yesterday that apps were available to "help" me.

Thanks Stern Show!

just grabbed this app, name is Therealchiz if you or anyone ever wants to dick around and play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
David Arquette is a pretty good guest.

I liked that he was like "just do your thing and I'll chime in or whatever."

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Brocktoon posted:

I honestly can't fathom why anyone would want to watch anything, let alone a special effects-laden movie, on their loving iPad...

It's actually pretty amazing for traveling or just wanting to watch something where you don't have a tv.

Also Robin's "I was going to watch Fringe until they canceled it" comment made me groan outloud. Ugh she's so goddamn dumb.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
That Sal picture made me think of something.

That drop that Fred plays, "Hello, yoo-hoo!" I know that's Sal, but I don't know the backstory. Is there a reason that is Fred's go-to clip whenever they talk about really dark stuff like fans turning into murdering stalkers?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

That Sal picture made me think of something.

That drop that Fred plays, "Hello, yoo-hoo!" I know that's Sal, but I don't know the backstory. Is there a reason that is Fred's go-to clip whenever they talk about really dark stuff like fans turning into murdering stalkers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SSI1PBMTLs

Start there and never look back.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Glumwheels posted:

It's actually pretty amazing for traveling or just wanting to watch something where you don't have a tv.

Also Robin's "I was going to watch Fringe until they canceled it" comment made me groan outloud. Ugh she's so goddamn dumb.
I was just about to say that!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

chiz posted:

just grabbed this app, name is Therealchiz if you or anyone ever wants to dick around and play.

I'm kellyisnotcool if you are so inclined!

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Kelly posted:

I'm kellyisnotcool if you are so inclined!

hahaha LOADS

your move

Dropping them all over eric the midget WET POWER CHAIR

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

There was a trivia question in class today regarding what '143' meant in a text message. I answered correctly, but in no way could I ever explain how I know this to be true.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
All I have to say about today's show is please PLEASE PLEASE let that 2 minute Gary/Audience busting about their treatment of Eric the Midget result in that little turd calling in again.

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

David Arquette is a pretty good guest.

I liked that he was like "just do your thing and I'll chime in or whatever."

I forgot he was on today. Thank loving allah, that on the way to work this morning my radio was on backspin which was playing Sugarhill Gang (Rapper's Delight) which pretty much lasted my entire drive to work. And that was taking the long way to get there. Then, I didn't go out for lunch. And at the end of the day took a work truck home. YAY!! No david loving arquette for me to be forced to listen to.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I like Arquette.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

He's been in too much. I normally like when he is on, but we're on overload right now.

Howard unloading on Gary about ETM was priceless. It's in no way Gary's fault, but I looove hearing Howard go after Gary. That will never get old.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
^^^ haha totally

FogHelmut posted:

I like Arquette.

yeah me too, why don't you scap?

I didn't hear todays show but when he was on with dave lambert that time he just sat back and interjected here and there.

As long as it's not a whole interview about him and Courtney Cummz Cox and he's allowed to just BS with everyone it's all good

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
Arquette's the man.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I also like that he's completely informed about all the nuances of the show, sound drops, and the whole cast of characters. He's quick enough to jump into a conversation without needing it explained.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

scapulataf posted:

YAY!! No david loving arquette for me to be forced to listen to.

Luck for you then, he's in all week.

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh
To the best of my recollection*, it was something like last fall, he called in to the show, and howard talked to him for what seemd like an hour. Caller that I have ZERO interest in. Then he was on the loving show the next day I believe he ended up staying for the entire show. Guest that I have no interest in.
Not too long after that, I guess during his divorce debacle, he was in again, and all Howard seemed to talk about was his divorce. Guest that I have no interest in, talking about poo poo that I NGS (not give poo poo) about. Then he was on again, and that seemed like all they talked about. Followed by another phone call or two and another appearance. More show that makes me turn the show off.
*Memory is hazy.

Understandably, some people are interested in all that and he can't have skanks, Gilbert Gottfried and Lisa Lampanelli telling oval office jokes on the show every day just to satisfy me. I just thought it was an overload of a guest who I pretty much don't give a gently caress about.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
David calling out Howard on therapy was pretty awesome.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
David Arquette is great and all but...is there any show greater than the Munsters?

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Robin really hates milk. What a oval office.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Godinster posted:

Robin really hates milk. What a oval office.

but does she like 'am?

my 'ands, dey smell like 'am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a9kG4Ohhos

chiz fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 13, 2011

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
This was the first time I ever heard Arquette on the show and I had no problem with it. He seems to know more about the actual show than most "celebrity superfans" and like was said earlier could just jump in and out like he belonged. He even knew the callers and stuff like that

edit

VV Oh yea I during that whole thing all I could think was "The Wire." I discard anyone's television opinion who hasn't watched it.

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 13, 2011

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Birthday Cake posted:

David Arquette is great and all but...is there any show greater than the Munsters?

The Wire....oh wait we're talking about terrible schtick comedies that only lasted 2 seasons because it was boring as gently caress. I loving hate it when he goes off about The Munsters. Christ Seinfeld was a million times better than the Munsters.

Also, generally I like David Arquette but sometimes it's impossible to understand what he's trying to say. Somehow he has worse mush mouth than JD at times.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
Can someone explain what Howard is talking about when he is describing the proper format of retweeting and replying to people?

What is the proper way?

The interview with the Foo Fighters was good. I am always interested in the behind the scenes stuff and especially someone as iconic as he/the band is.

P.S. Milk is not for adults.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I'm way behind on the show so I have no idea what howard is talking about but I think I'm adequately well-versed in all the lame twitter stuff.

To reply to someone, you usually start the tweet off with "@[username] message"... when you do this, the person receives a notification that you "@replied" them and they can see it. However, this message isn't usually sent out publicly to your timeline, it only appears in the person you @replied's timeline, or if someone else follows both you and the person you @replied, they will also see it.

retweeting got started by most people just typing "RT @[username] [original message]", in this case since there is something infront of the username, it will be broadcast to your public timeline. This also gives you an opportunity to add a comment in front of it, like you could say "Great idea! RT @blahblah..."

Then twitter added an "official" RT feature, where it automatically would re-broadcast the original person's tweet to all your followers if you clicked it, however it wouldn't show up as "from" you (it shows up as from the original person) and you have no chance to add any comments or anything like that.

So now there's usually a distinction between "RT" and "RT with comment," which is what Howard complained about having them add to the official app and they finally did--for a while Twitter seemed to be promoting only their official solution but I guess they've changed their minds.

The RT with comment is what Howard is talking about. an @reply won't be broadcast to everyone you follow, so not everyone gets to see your awesome witty reply, only the person you are replying to. On the other hand, if you use the RT with comment, everyone gets to see it, and also it should provide some context as to you what you're replying to because it contains the original message you're responding to.

Christ, I think I may have just made it more confusing. Either way I can't believe I wrote that much about twitter.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Dave Grohl is Mick Foley?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Wow.....I REALLY felt bad for Gary this morning......
(btw...not posting here much lately....personal sadness)

Was Howard way off base??

For 20mins. Howard & Robin are discussing Apple Apple Apple....
then out of the blue.....it's attack Gary for being mean and insensitive to
Eric the Midget Actor????
WTF?????

Gary's blamed for Eric leaving the show??
poor FaFa
How is it Gary's fault??
he tried to DEFEND himself .....but Howard wasn't buyin it....

Anyone out there agree that Howard was WAAAAAY out of line??
like where did this come from?? and why now?
is Eric coming back to the show??
I was listening and not believing what I was hearing.....
Howard was mean to Eric....mocked the little twerp and goofed on him..
if anyone was mean to ETM it was FRED!!!
so why attack Gary???

Howard said Eric CAN'T work and Jeff the Drunk CAN???

amazing logic...

thank you

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Did you c/p that from SFN or was that really you rambling there as well?

Also, there's an awesome thread on there from Debbie the pet lady where she's going ballistic.

Try to read this, I dare you.

quote:

i came clean about my condition on my show today .So if you were watching you heard the call i made to my docters .i am not a fake i keep my shows real i talk whats on my mind .i am sick of being bullied by you all here .now you see i have a real mental issue and if you want to use it here to hurt me you are just sick twisted people .i am not letting you people bring me down ,i been through much pain and torment my whole life and came a long way .i do my shows to make my self forget my daily stressed out sad life .i have real issues and you will never take that from me you might get howards people to hate me but you will never get me gone off the net .please move on with me you people are terrible here posting nasty things when all i do is try to have fun in my life .I am proud of who i am aND I DID A GOOD JOB WITH MY SON UNDER MY CONDTIONS OF THE LIFE I LIVED .i WILL NOT LET YOU OR ANYONE BRING ME DOWN .i AM NOT SCARED TO SAY I GOT REAL ISSUES BUT YOU ALL ARE SCARED SO YOU ATTACK ME .IT MAKES NO SENSE TO HATE SOMEONE WHO IS OLD LIKE MYSELF FOR GETTING ON THE HOWARD STERN SHOW .I DONT HAVE MANY YEARS LEFT BUT I SURE AS HELL NOT GOING TO LET YOU SCARE ME FROM BEING ON HOWARD STERN .BEING ON HIS SHOW WAS ONE OF MY MOST HAPPY TIMES IN MY LIFE BESIDES HAVING MY SON .AND NOT GOING TO LET YOU DESTROY MY LITTLE BIT OF A HAPPY TIME ,I THANK HOWARDS PEOPLE FOR LETTING ME BE PART OF THERE SHOW AND WILL TRESURE THE MEMORYS PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE .YOU NOW SEE I GOT A REAL MENTAL ISSUE MESSING WITH PEOPLE WITH ANY DISABILTYS OR MENTAL ISSUES IS JUST WRONG AND SAD .YOU ATTACK ME LIKE A PACK OF WOLFS JUST BECAUSE I WAS ON HOWARD ITS SO SAD YOU TRY TO RUIN PEOPLE .SAD IS ALL I CAN ABOUT ANY HERE .

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Crotch Bat posted:

Did you c/p that from SFN or was that really you rambling there as well?

There is a poster on SFN that posts like that on the regular, and it's the most annoying thing to read. I literally hate stumbling upon them, but I'll be damned if I don't read the entire thing each time.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

pkd88 posted:

Can someone explain what Howard is talking about when he is describing the proper format of retweeting and replying to people?

What is the proper way?

Hey, accordingly to everyone is this thread Howard is a complete technology idiot, yet he knows more about Twitter than you... and is learning about the iPhone, and Mac OS.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Hey, accordingly to everyone is this thread Howard is a complete technology idiot, yet he knows more about Twitter than you... and is learning about the iPhone, and Mac OS.

He's a technology idiot, not a marketing idiot. The "Proper" format for a tweet is more of a marketing issue than a technology issue.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Qaz Kwaz posted:

The gently caress is there to learn about the iPhone?

Step 1: Touch screen

Congratulations! You've mastered the iPhone!

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Seriously Howard, a Wally Backman clip from over a year ago? Pretty sure everyone has heard this clip.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Qaz Kwaz posted:

It's more about Howard knowing so little that he can't even adequately explain what he I trying to say...

I posted this on my iPad... After I pent 14 grand on private iPad lessons.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Christa Miller talking about how her mom always listened to Howard and did what he said, "...back pain is a lie, Howard said so...Dr. Sarno..."

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Does anyone have a link to that horrible cover of Don't Stop Believing? I gotta hear that again.

edit: Found it. Holy poo poo the rest of her videos are just as horrible.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Apr 13, 2011

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Can you explain how to properly retweet? Thanks

If you can explain it to me, I will sing There Goes My Hero acoustically about you.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

Christa Miller talking about how her mom always listened to Howard and did what he said, "...back pain is a lie, Howard said so...Dr. Sarno..."

I have bad back problems and am in PT for it but I have Dr Sarno's book on my Kobo, I may have to see what he is talking about.

Howard went to see Sarno I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I've got terrible back problems because I was hit by a drunk driver. Dr. Sarno isn't fixing poo poo. When Howard talks about it I want to kick him in the balls.